Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310346 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#314835 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No what I meant was that God exists for me regardless of what you think and God doesn't exist for you regardless of what I think. It isn't my job to convince you. So believe what makes you happy.
I believe what is real and true, which makes me happy. Thanks for your permission to do so, madam.

Atrisco Village

#314836 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Your emotionally charged responses that included insults and name calling only show me that you don't like to be outted.
Elise,I merely responded to you posts regarding "PL" propanganda during Halloween(which seemed like a problem for you hence,the reason for coming on here and posting it),only to receive a condescending attitude laced with insults and name calling from you when I pointed out that UNICEF has been doing it for DECADES. I remember as a child it being done,being handed out boxes and my kids as well. You defended UNICEF.
You're dishonest and if you wanted to use me as a cover up,then so be it.
Whatever makes you feel better, you go ahead and do or say. Sorry your feelings got hurt. Have a lovely evening, hon.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314837 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what is real and true, which makes me happy. Thanks for your permission to do so, madam.
Be a big girl. You don't my permission.

Atrisco Village

#314838 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a big girl. You don't my permission.
Bless you, my child.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314839 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what is real and true, which makes me happy. Thanks for your permission to do so, madam.
BTW how do you know what is real and true?

Atrisco Village

#314840 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW how do you know what is real and true?
It's too bad we don't respect each other enough to have this conversation. It would be a good one. Sorry.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314841 Nov 5, 2013
WTF? Children collect for UNICEF by choice, and they are also free to get candy. One has nothing to do with the other.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we just put candy in their bags and let them overindulge for one night a year like we did?
Crisscrossed

New York, NY

#314842 Nov 5, 2013
Why are the PC so angry?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314843 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Well,you are very much incorrect when you thought that this..so called.."point" was not intended to degrade wives/mothers/homemakers. Ocean clearly called it enslavement and Leonie also put down being a wife and a mother,referring to it as being a slave. I've had many conversations with Ocean about this.
Are you afraid to admit that we *don't* belong in a kitchen? Is being in the kitchen an insult? Not to me it isn't. We all have to eat. Cooking is a necessity and a passion to some. Even an art. Chefs cook for a living,which serves people.
We have children but somehow think that we *shouldn't* be the ones raising them? Is being home with our children an insult? Is it enslavement? are some ABOVE the task?
We call chefs and childcare owners/workers "educated professional" but cooking and taking care of our families with the "mother" title is the bottom of the barrel,slave masters job. LOL WOW!
Question: WHY isn't or shouldn't it be our "SOLE PURPOSE IN LIFE" as how you stated it in such a derogatory fashion?
Wow...you did quite a thorough job bastardizing my entire post.

Put down the hatchet and try comprehending what I was actually saying.

p

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314844 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Even to those who didn't follow him,it still was recorded that he healed the sick,raised the dead,performed many miracles. He SURE did make an impression :)
We're talking about people who lived over 2000 years ago, so we don't know what they were really experiencing, only how they perceived things at that time.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314845 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kind of a John Lennon figure?
Well, they kind of ended up with the same fate.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314846 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring up anything you like as long as it is factual.
There are some inconsistancies but you never take into account who said what and whom they were saying it. The speakers covered a long time and different peoples. What Isiah would say to the Jews would be very different than what Paul would say to the gentiles.
Also you expect the bible to be easily translated into English. Some English words weren't found in Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek or Latin which would also account for discrepencies.
"Bring up anything you like as long as it is factual."

Whoa! I can't believe you wrote this, Ink

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314847 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying that wives and mothers are breeding stock and glorified maids. What do you do in life that is more important than raising great children?
"The flip side is people who say ignorant things..."

My remark went with this previous statement.

Are women who have never had kids just a waste of space in this world? Are they useless or something?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314848 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> These women don't realize how they are their own worst enemies. They have no pride in their feminity. They rely on others,who have twisted versions,to set standards for them. Instead of being proud and secure,they choose to attack their very own(womanhood). Who are they punishing? themselves,their children? Who are they pleasing? Nobody.
I wish women would empower themselves by standing up for their feminity instead of degrading it. The proabort women feel empowered by killing or having the choice to kill their offsprings. How tragic.
Not even close.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314849 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kind of a John Lennon figure?
Pretty much, yeah.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314850 Nov 5, 2013
Crisscrossed wrote:
Why are the PC so angry?
We're no angrier than you...and we're not ashamed of BEING angry, either.

Although you SCPL certainly take it amiss that we dare to get angry...acting as if women aren't supposed to feel anger over our autonomy, our motives, and our right to defend ourselves against unwanted pregnancies, questioned...impugned...and chipped away bit by bit. Or about being more or less told that we aren't trusted to make the best choices for our individual circumstances, and the government's going to take over that role, regardless of our feelings about it.

If men were told they'd be required by law to impregnate someone every time they had sex, they'd be pretty frigging angry about it too.

Just sayin.
Gtown71

United States

#314851 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, the point I was making, which was to Ink, completely went right over your head. You didn't get any part of it. You're redundantly thick-headed.
Sorry I missed your point,and yes I probably am thick headed.:)
Gtown71

United States

#314852 Nov 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
On a personal level the difference of opinions is not that much of an issue but on a much larger scale it becomes a problem...a big problem. Especially when each group, thinking they are the ones who have it right, try to impose their version of God on everyone else. As you know, bloody wars have been fought over who is right about God.
Yes - sad but true.

What I or anyone else talks some into another can talk them out of.

When it comes to "God / people" - personal, is the only thing that will matter.

Those who try and force God or beliefs on others, are spirituality retarded at best.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#314853 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like a woman scorned. The consensus of pro-abortion women is that marriage and motherhood is a prison sentence where within the woman is victimized. I don't view marriage or motherhood like that. God intended man to leave his mother and father and clings to his wife. THEY become ONE. With that said,we are one body. Your negative experiences has tanished such a beautiful union. Motherhood is the extension of that beautiful,loving bond.
Interesting, I sound like a woman scorned by posting demeaning biblical passages pertaining to women? Gee, and I only posted a few when there are SO many.

Well I guess I am making some progress at least you recognize the “scorn” in the passages.

The consensus of the pro choice women and men is that the bible and those that wish to enforce it make women a slave in marriage and recognize without a doubt that the bible encourages victimization of women.

Apparently god intended for man to leave his parents and rule over a wife according to a number of scriptures.

How you view marriage and the treatment of women within the book you profess appear to be two different scenarios.

I have not had any negative experiences, you are simply projecting. I have been married for over 30 years and there is no ONE ruler in our house. There is a partnership of equals. I have enjoyed my life, I have worked and accomplished much on top of being a mother, I am an individual with the same rights as a man. My daughter is a source of pride. She has never been subjected to religion that deems her second class, nor does she have time for such nonsense. We brought her up quite well.

I do not need a book written by men telling me that I must be subservient or submissive, and that I am to be ruled over by a man as though I am a child. I am sorry that you find those things acceptable, women have moved on and have a healthy dose of self-respect, self-interest and
self-concern as they should.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#314854 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oh boy!
Listen,I am truly sorry that many women feel used and abused like you describe. But,I gotta say,today,women ADD to this. Let me explain. I hear women(you and some others on here..cough..cough...OCEAN56.. .)degrade the role of homemaker and motherhood as "if" it is a pathetic and unworthy position in life. If we care for others on the outside(jobs where we attend to,care for,nurse,service,etc..)then we are considered "employeed with honor". If we take on the job at our own home,with our own children and families,we are prisoners some how.
Wake up lady. Charity begins at home. Stand proud. Hold you head high. Understand the true value and honor that it is to be a mother and caretaker of our homes and you will THEN lead the mislead pack to a very serene,honorable place.
No job is stress free or without it's tiring moments. Get a grip on reality. Don't take your insecurities out on motherhood/being a wife.
You wanna leave it all behind in such of a "worthy" lot in life(work outside the home),then be prepared to do doubletime work. If you have kids,THEY come first. You want to put them last,then you will have no joy in your life and your priorities will distort who YOU really are and what YOUR place in life is really about. Sorry to be so harsh.
You are confused. We are not degrading the role of homemaker and motherhood. The bible degrades it. The bible reduces it to subservience, submissiveness and the need to have a man rule over the wife as though she were a child. It gives it no value but that of a slave.

Who and what we really are is a matter of individuality, it is not up to you or anyone else to determine that for another. You are the one who sounds bitter towards women who choose to be individuals and life life to the fullest. In fact you are intimidated by women who step out of a role issued to them by male hierarchy religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 244,966
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,263,792
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Earthling-1 6,488
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 4 hr Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
More from around the web