Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,602
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314782 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, yes, because education is sin, in your ridiculous little mind. I'm sorry that you can't send yourself back to the dark-ages, oh pompous one. You would fit right in.
Okay,so you DON'T have a problem with pro-abortion organizations soliciting money for their cause. It's only pamplets that show a human life with a caption that we are not "just" cells,that irks you and leads you to come onto topix to show your true colors.

Interesting.

Since when is abortion "education" btw? Education that belongs in childrens Halloween bags nevertheless.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314783 Nov 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the point is to degrade wives/mothers/homemakers, but to simply point out that we can do anything we want with our lives and are not just relegated to those roles.
The flip side is people who say ignorant things like how we belong in the kitchen or we should be home taking care of kids. We're people, just like men, and are not just put on this Earth to be breeding stock and glorified maids. I'm NOT saying that is what wives and mothers are, but that is not our sole purpose. Those aren't what we "should" be doing but like anything else is a choice.
Well,you are very much incorrect when you thought that this..so called.."point" was not intended to degrade wives/mothers/homemakers. Ocean clearly called it enslavement and Leonie also put down being a wife and a mother,referring to it as being a slave. I've had many conversations with Ocean about this.

Are you afraid to admit that we *don't* belong in a kitchen? Is being in the kitchen an insult? Not to me it isn't. We all have to eat. Cooking is a necessity and a passion to some. Even an art. Chefs cook for a living,which serves people.

We have children but somehow think that we *shouldn't* be the ones raising them? Is being home with our children an insult? Is it enslavement? are some ABOVE the task?

We call chefs and childcare owners/workers "educated professional" but cooking and taking care of our families with the "mother" title is the bottom of the barrel,slave masters job. LOL WOW!

Question: WHY isn't or shouldn't it be our "SOLE PURPOSE IN LIFE" as how you stated it in such a derogatory fashion?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314784 Nov 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall referring to paul as an atheist.
Since he wasn't.
What he was, was very very religious, and thought he was doing the work of God.
Those men who flew the planes into the buildings, on 911 were very very religious as well, thinking they were doing the work of God.
When paul met God on that road, and yeilded to Him, then he went from being a very religious "Godless " man, to a Godly man, that had very little tolerance for religion.
I don't think that Paul was part of a Godly religion to begin with. He joined forces with some who where not "of God",therefore,displaying unGodly behavior. Was his belonging to this group intentionally meant to be anti-God/Christ? Who knows. Only God know,I suppose.

"BY THE FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM"

When Paul had his conversion,he indeed followed him religiously(he became a Christian. He then belonged to Christs church here on earth. What he became intolerant about was unGodly religions where they didn't obey the teachings of God/Christ...hence,his making of so many enemies,..as well as followers :)
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314786 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
To me Jesus was probably a very charismatic and assertive person who made an impression on a great many people. I think he was probably a pacifist with an idealized vision of how civilized people should interact in a world where we have our humanity in common. Sort of a "we're all in this together so we should all just get along" philosophy. However, if Jesus was walking around telling folks he was the Son of God or the King of Kings then he may have been a touch delusional, too.
Even to those who didn't follow him,it still was recorded that he healed the sick,raised the dead,performed many miracles. He SURE did make an impression :)
Doo Doo on Stinky Feces

New York, NY

#314787 Nov 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I gladly admit that I dont know how the universe began. If only others would put aside their "beliefs" and personal bias and admit things that they truly dont know.
You now gladly acknowledge that you DON'T KNOW how the universe began yet the sum of your existence on this forum has been to degrade, humiliate, dismiss and reject with extreme prejudice, the notion by those who also acknowledge that they don't know for sure and can offer now concrete proof, but whose faith and belief tells them that the universe is the result of intelligent design and that intelligent design was initiated by a Christian deity.
We now know that you know not of what you speak.

If you admit you do not know how the universe began then it is self evident that you cannot be certain how it did NOT begin.

You may now cease and desist with your uninformed attacks on those you now acknowledge, may in fact be right.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#314788 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Even to those who didn't follow him,it still was recorded that he healed the sick,raised the dead,performed many miracles. He SURE did make an impression :)
Please provide objective sources that show him raising the dead.... Or STFU.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#314789 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Okay,so you DON'T have a problem with pro-abortion organizations soliciting money for their cause. It's only pamplets that show a human life with a caption that we are not "just" cells,that irks you and leads you to come onto topix to show your true colors.
Interesting.
Since when is abortion "education" btw? Education that belongs in childrens Halloween bags nevertheless.
How did you manage to twist my post into some freaky mess to suit your bitchy sensibilities, crazy lady? Unicef doesn't try to propagandize girls to have or to not have abortions, doesn't show graphics to kids that parents obviously find inappropriate for their children. Your wonderful anti-choice champion here did. Even Ink said she's sick for doing so. Get yourself together, snippy. I clearly wrote that I feel it is inappropriate for either side to propagandize this way... either side, I wrote, hello! When Christian ministries, with their chikdren at their sides, asks for alms at my door, which they do, often (I live in fundie country, baby) I have no problem. However, they aren't passing out inapropriate graphics to children. Get it? If you don't understand the difference, that's your problem. Enough, now. The subject has been gone over and over, ad nauseum. You don't get to reinvent my post for your stupid argument. Move along, you nut.

Atrisco Village

#314790 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Even to those who didn't follow him,it still was recorded that he healed the sick,raised the dead,performed many miracles. He SURE did make an impression :)
Right, so, because someone wrote it, it must be true. Please. Christians rely on faith, not facts, to shore up their beliefs. To expect people to take the Bible as factual evidence of Jesus Christ's status as the son of a god, as a miracle worker, as a savior of mankind, shows you a fool. Without blind faith, religion cannot live. And I mean any religion, before you try to twist my words.
Doo Doo on Stinky Feces

Brooklyn, NY

#314791 Nov 5, 2013
...can offer "no" concrete proof
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314792 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>How sad that you view your creator like such.
Pretty big and beautiful "ant farm",wouldn't ya say? God intended us to be happy. Man,"shook the glass" deliberately through his(our)sinful nature. Free choice/will is a WONDERFUL gift. UGLY when abused. The innocent suffer because of it as well as those who are doing the abusing of it. Let's put the blame where it belongs. Jesus died for our sins to free us from the bonds of sin. THAT'S a loving God.
The whole out look on life is sad and dreary. No joy, no hope and very dissatisfied.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314793 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Right, so, because someone wrote it, it must be true. Please. Christians rely on faith, not facts, to shore up their beliefs. To expect people to take the Bible as factual evidence of Jesus Christ's status as the son of a god, as a miracle worker, as a savior of mankind, shows you a fool. Without blind faith, religion cannot live. And I mean any religion, before you try to twist my words.
Do you think there really was a Cleopatra? If so why, because someone wrote about her?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314794 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
To me Jesus was probably a very charismatic and assertive person who made an impression on a great many people. I think he was probably a pacifist with an idealized vision of how civilized people should interact in a world where we have our humanity in common. Sort of a "we're all in this together so we should all just get along" philosophy. However, if Jesus was walking around telling folks he was the Son of God or the King of Kings then he may have been a touch delusional, too.
Just kind of a John Lennon figure?

Atrisco Village

#314795 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there really was a Cleopatra? If so why, because someone wrote about her?
Omg, you have got to be kidding. You can't be this stupid.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314796 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
This is the thing a lot of you don't get...I, and others, are not diminishing your beliefs but are reacting to the Christian contention that you have the truth or know for a fact that an unseen God exists. Believe what you want, but that doesn't mean the bible can't be discussed, debated or dissected.
If you are uncomfortable with people bringing up discrepancies and contradictions in the bible then maybe it's because you know the bible is in fact quite inconsistent and you simply don't wish to acknowledge that to yourself.
Bring up anything you like as long as it is factual.

There are some inconsistancies but you never take into account who said what and whom they were saying it. The speakers covered a long time and different peoples. What Isiah would say to the Jews would be very different than what Paul would say to the gentiles.

Also you expect the bible to be easily translated into English. Some English words weren't found in Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek or Latin which would also account for discrepencies.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314797 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't think the point is to degrade wives/mothers/homemakers, but to simply point out that we can do anything we want with our lives and are not just relegated to those roles.
The flip side is people who say ignorant things like how we belong in the kitchen or we should be home taking care of kids. We're people, just like men, and are not just put on this Earth to be breeding stock and glorified maids. I'm NOT saying that is what wives and mothers are, but that is not our sole purpose. Those aren't what we "should" be doing but like anything else is a choice.
You are saying that wives and mothers are breeding stock and glorified maids. What do you do in life that is more important than raising great children?

Atrisco Village

#314798 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Babygirl, you are this stupid, apparently. It's not Jesus' existence I need proper evidence of, but that he was the son of a god, and performed all the miracles, etc that you blithely claim as fact. If you are claiming that religious beliefs are based upon facts, rather than upon blind faith, you are even more a fool than we know you to already be.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314799 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think that Paul was part of a Godly religion to begin with. He joined forces with some who where not "of God",therefore,displaying unGodly behavior. Was his belonging to this group intentionally meant to be anti-God/Christ? Who knows. Only God know,I suppose.
"BY THE FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM"
When Paul had his conversion,he indeed followed him religiously(he became a Christian. He then belonged to Christs church here on earth. What he became intolerant about was unGodly religions where they didn't obey the teachings of God/Christ...hence,his making of so many enemies,..as well as followers :)
He was a religious Jew from a lineage of pharisees.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314800 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How did you manage to twist my post into some freaky mess to suit your bitchy sensibilities, crazy lady? Unicef doesn't try to propagandize girls to have or to not have abortions, doesn't show graphics to kids that parents obviously find inappropriate for their children. Your wonderful anti-choice champion here did. Even Ink said she's sick for doing so. Get yourself together, snippy. I clearly wrote that I feel it is inappropriate for either side to propagandize this way... either side, I wrote, hello! When Christian ministries, with their chikdren at their sides, asks for alms at my door, which they do, often (I live in fundie country, baby) I have no problem. However, they aren't passing out inapropriate graphics to children. Get it? If you don't understand the difference, that's your problem. Enough, now. The subject has been gone over and over, ad nauseum. You don't get to reinvent my post for your stupid argument. Move along, you nut.
I didn't twist your post at all. You came on here repeating what you heard about Pro-lifers.You had an agenda and it backfired on you. You not only don't have a problem with UNICEF using children to solicit monies for them for their pro-abortion agenda on Halloween,but you make excuses for it(even calling it "education")

So,yeah,you are a phony when you say that you *think*that it is inappropriate for either side. Your name calling doesn't help your cause either btw. Just sayin..

Have a great day!
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314801 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Babygirl, you are this stupid, apparently. It's not Jesus' existence I need proper evidence of, but that he was the son of a god, and performed all the miracles, etc that you blithely claim as fact. If you are claiming that religious beliefs are based upon facts, rather than upon blind faith, you are even more a fool than we know you to already be.
No I claimed that he lived and was a real person in response to claims that he didn't exist.

What you believe about him is up to you. His followers and disciples have written about his ministry on earth and you can surely choose to not believe any of it but many people saw for themselves and did believe . That doesn't make them stupid.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314802 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Right, so, because someone wrote it, it must be true. Please. Christians rely on faith, not facts, to shore up their beliefs. To expect people to take the Bible as factual evidence of Jesus Christ's status as the son of a god, as a miracle worker, as a savior of mankind, shows you a fool. Without blind faith, religion cannot live. And I mean any religion, before you try to twist my words.
""""" Right,so,because someone wrote it,it must be true."""" ""

Is that your feeling on your history books as well? After all, "someone" wrote it as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Morse 1,144,476
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Morse 232,029
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Trojan 28,262
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr PDX Dave 648
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,204
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE