Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
294,461 - 294,480 of 305,158 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
VoteVets Org

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
First of all, that was back in the 70`s, when the church still knew its place. Secondly, I didn't pay a dime; I had a full-ride scholarship. Lastly, the college wasn`t political and said nothing about what its students should do about their pregnancy.
<quoted text>
What.....it wasn't the same institution back in the 70's ? It had a different position on abortion and women's reproductive rights ?
There were no instances of priest abuse and church cover-up ?
The fact is there were most likely many more cases than there are today.
And even if I believed your lie about the scholarship, which I don't for a second, scholarships still represent real money. Money was paid to that institution in your name. And the fact the college said nothing about a woman's pregnancy doesn't change the fact that the money still went to the Catholic Church.

Spin it any way you like. It still spells hypocritical phony.
VoteVets Org

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I agree with many medical restrictions, especially with elective procedures. No doctor should have to perform a procedure he thinks is MEDICALLY inappropriate. I don`t care about any other concerns and I don`t think there should be legal restrictions; legislators aren`t physicians for the most part.
I decide what I think on this or any other issue; you're not smart enough to inform my position.
<quoted text>
Go lay your line of shit on one of the other gullible half soused PC sots that lap up your drivel.
Your creed all along has been a woman's right to choose, her body her choice, her right to personal risk assessment.
NOW you expect us to buy into the fact that your heart bleeds for a physician who is faced with the "gut wrenching" decision of whether or not to perform a procedure whose risks may be approaching that of typical childbirth ?!? You would remove a woman's right to paersonal risk assessment and force her to gestate on THAT basis ???
You facked up here chief. And as I suspected, your arrogance will not allow you to admit it.

Go spend a few hours looking up the definition of "clairvoyant".
Moron.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly honestly don't recall a specific conversation about "explanations of nature." Care to clarify or refer to a specific post?
It started with the argument about Noah and the flood. Ink believed the Biblical account which you disputed.
Rather than reading the same old-same old, I tried to put the argument on a scientific level by making the dispute between creation by intelligence (God) or chance (Big Bang).
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What is UNICEF putting in Halloween bags? What ideas about abortion are being taught in schools? Did you see this happening and where and how many times? Come on, Ink is ready to pounce! If she's fair she'll expect you to meet her particular criteria for a post this thread, dammit. You can't just post a comment, you know.
Never mind, sassy, she'll kiss your butt. You're on her side.
UNICEF collects money for their pro-death organization on Halloween. In fact,UNICEF boxes are distributed to young children in schools to do the work for them. Abortion is taught as an option to an unwanted pregnancy during sex education. Are you really this ignorant or are you pulling my chain?

See,it's clueless posts like these from your side that prove to me how deceptive the pro-abortion movement really is. Thank you!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, gosh and golly, believe it or not, there are these zealots on both sides who do inappropriate things. These were pro-lifers, this time. There's an Albuquerque blog that posted the pics from NM and Texas. They were clearly legit and even the prolifers could see that and didn't dispute them. You are allowed to believe it ot not. Doesn't matter one bit. You people are way too highly reactive (both sides). Maybe it's because I've been gone for a while. Stop with the conspiracy theory bullshit, already, please.
What "conspiracy theory" are you referring to? YOU came on here and posted what you did,for a reason. Yet,UNICEF collects money,especially on Halloween,from children,and yet,your side has not "blogged" a damn thing about it.

Be honest for once please.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It started with the argument about Noah and the flood. Ink believed the Biblical account which you disputed.
Rather than reading the same old-same old, I tried to put the argument on a scientific level by making the dispute between creation by intelligence (God) or chance (Big Bang).
I lean more toward 'big bang' than 'ant farmer'. What are your thoughts?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We're basically an ant farm, hon...and "God" is the irritated little kid who keeps us on his desk, until he gets bored, and decides to shake the glass...
How sad that you view your creator like such.

Pretty big and beautiful "ant farm",wouldn't ya say? God intended us to be happy. Man,"shook the glass" deliberately through his(our)sinful nature. Free choice/will is a WONDERFUL gift. UGLY when abused. The innocent suffer because of it as well as those who are doing the abusing of it. Let's put the blame where it belongs. Jesus died for our sins to free us from the bonds of sin. THAT'S a loving God.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It's great he did Sassy, not sure what reaction you expected. Being in the position he is in perhaps he will have some influence on the lack of inspections of clinics.
Why is it "great" that he saw abortion in a totally different light that lead to his change? It was not based on "lack of inspections",AyakaNeo and you know it. The truth about what the abortion industry is about(what it does to an innocent baby,his/her mother)is where the truth shone. Not on a his dirty,unsterile office where women where left to die.

Abortion kills a baby.

Abortion kills the soul of a woman,emotionally and mentally,as well as physically. WHO on your side cares about either? ZERO,that's who. In fact,your abortion fight is all about a ME ME ME mentality minus the consequences or lifetime effects ON that woman or the generations to follow from the deliberate death of her child.

If only you could be a fly on the wall of your local CPC,Project Rachel,or Dr's/shrinks office to hear the truth about how women truly suffer from abortion.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>6 times huh and you still can't get it right, may as well throw it out.
Good heavens child,please try to pay attention. It was Playa that made the claim. But,you did hit MY point to her right on the head.

So,yeah,thanks :)

Although,I wouldn't suggest throwing it out. I suggest that she pray to the Holy Spirit for wisdom,understanding while reading it.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all understand this "love for men story" as written directly from the imaginations of men.
Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 11:5-15
New International Version (NIV)
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.
7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[b] head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.
13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the Saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
You sound like a woman scorned. The consensus of pro-abortion women is that marriage and motherhood is a prison sentence where within the woman is victimized. I don't view marriage or motherhood like that. God intended man to leave his mother and father and clings to his wife. THEY become ONE. With that said,we are one body. Your negative experiences has tanished such a beautiful union. Motherhood is the extension of that beautiful,loving bond.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly do, all too well; it's why I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions, and churches to the curb over 25 years ago. This kind of "love for men" translated into hatred for women, which militant religionists like sASSy routinely deny.
These days, I have seven good reasons to love being what I call Catholicism-Free (CF for short):
1. No constant and tedious preaching about "sin"
2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays
3. No hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession."
4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines
5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based extortion practice known as "tithing."
6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests
7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction
Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can -- and DID -- get rid of this toxic church's baggage so it wouldn't ruin the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day.
For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
Again,women are not victims because you were made to feel inferior or unworthy in your life. Enjoy what you relate "CATHOLIC-FREE" or CF to being. ROCK on babe!

I find it ironic that you live a total contradiction. You discriminate against females in the woman. They are VICIMIZED by your group of anti-lifers to death.

Enjoy YOUR freedom. To hell with everybody else and their rights.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance. Whether the master is kind or not, a slave is still a slave. A true marriage is based on partnership, mutual consent and mutual compromise, not submission. You Christians have a terrible, terrible notion of how marriage is supposed to work, and I see it time and time again in Christian households.
It's not a partnership when both parties work full time but only the woman does any of the housework, thereby coming home to more, constant work while her lazy husband and kids sit on their asses and do nothing to help. It's not a partnership when the woman of the house is treated worse than the family dog and can't sit down for five minutes to herself without her selfish husband and kids demanding her attention. It's not a partnership when the woman is trying to do something for herself like EAT and one of the kids needs something, but the man just sits there watching football, fully expecting her to take care of it because he's the man and she's the woman. This type of typical Christian mistreatment of wives and mothers is based on some outdated notion that it's "women's work" to do laundry, wash dishes and take care of the kids. These are the "Kodak moment" fathers that may as well just be sperm donors, for all the effort they put into raising their own kids. Aside from throwing their weight around to boss the kids and wife into submission every night, they contribute nothing to the upbringing.
Head of the household? No. Bully of the household, yes. And these women put up with this servitude, this belittling mistreatment, because of one line in that filthy bible you people feel the need to drag into every conversation or argument you have. These women are not happy; they are miserable...but they're too scared to get out of their situation because they have their religion telling them it's their duty.
Keep your chains far, far away from me. You can have them all. I will have a partner that treats me as an equal and an ally in all things, not one that thinks I should "submit" to him. I'm a person, not a piece of property, and only a fiend would attempt to convince anyone they're better off in servitude and would really like it with the right guy. People into BDSM use safe words and keep their roleplaying separate from their public lives; Christians do not.
"Come, be a slave...you'll love it!"
No. Your sales pitch stinks. Now stop trying to use your bible to tell us what to do with our bodies. Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around Christian dogma.
Oh boy!

Listen,I am truly sorry that many women feel used and abused like you describe. But,I gotta say,today,women ADD to this. Let me explain. I hear women(you and some others on here..cough..cough...OCEAN56.. .)degrade the role of homemaker and motherhood as "if" it is a pathetic and unworthy position in life. If we care for others on the outside(jobs where we attend to,care for,nurse,service,etc..)then we are considered "employeed with honor". If we take on the job at our own home,with our own children and families,we are prisoners some how.

Wake up lady. Charity begins at home. Stand proud. Hold you head high. Understand the true value and honor that it is to be a mother and caretaker of our homes and you will THEN lead the mislead pack to a very serene,honorable place.

No job is stress free or without it's tiring moments. Get a grip on reality. Don't take your insecurities out on motherhood/being a wife.

You wanna leave it all behind in such of a "worthy" lot in life(work outside the home),then be prepared to do doubletime work. If you have kids,THEY come first. You want to put them last,then you will have no joy in your life and your priorities will distort who YOU really are and what YOUR place in life is really about. Sorry to be so harsh.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>How sad that you view your creator like such.
Pretty big and beautiful "ant farm",wouldn't ya say? God intended us to be happy. Man,"shook the glass" deliberately through his(our)sinful nature. Free choice/will is a WONDERFUL gift. UGLY when abused. The innocent suffer because of it as well as those who are doing the abusing of it. Let's put the blame where it belongs. Jesus died for our sins to free us from the bonds of sin. THAT'S a loving God.
Honey, you EAT your loving god. And then you wash his body down with his blood.

My parents created me. I don't snack on them.

Next...
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That guy obviously yearned for a god. He was never an atheist. Some people get confused, thinking that they must be atheists, just because they are spiritually lost. Very simple-minded thinking. Atheists have very defined, solid beliefs. This Gtown character doesn't get it, never got it, never will...because he is incapable of deep thought. He's the perfect little minion to his god.
There are many reasons that people come to the conclusion that there is no God. It's very simple-minded thinking on your part to believe that they weren't spiritually lost. Some are so lost,taught to believe that there was no God,rejected a notion of a God,etc..only because they were victims of circumstances that lead them in that direction. God,through his Holy Spirit will and does lead his creations back to him,in his all his love. That is why he says that NONE will go before him and say that they didn't know him.

It is up to us to accept or respond to his calling. God will not force us to. He wants us to with our free will.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, you EAT your loving god. And then you wash his body down with his blood.
Next...
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/christ-in-the-...
Jesus first repeated what he said, then summarized: "‘I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.’ The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying,‘How can this man give us his flesh to eat?’" (John 6:51–52).

His listeners were stupefied because now they understood Jesus literally—and correctly. He again repeated his words, but with even greater emphasis, and introduced the statement about drinking his blood: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" (John 6:53–56).
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It started with the argument about Noah and the flood. Ink believed the Biblical account which you disputed.
There is no evidence to support the biblical account of the flood or noahs ark so there is nothing to dispute.

For the Idea that you posed, Isn't it ok to just say I dont know?

Since: Jul 13

Augsburg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, you EAT your loving god. And then you wash his body down with his blood.
Next...
I nomine this for post if the week.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence to support the biblical account of the flood or noahs ark so there is nothing to dispute.
For the Idea that you posed, Isn't it ok to just say I dont know?
Great! But who here has ever said, "I don't know." about anything. Questions here are either "yes" or "no".

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/christ-in-the-...
Jesus first repeated what he said, then summarized: "‘I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.’ The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying,‘How can this man give us his flesh to eat?’" (John 6:51–52).
His listeners were stupefied because now they understood Jesus literally—and correctly. He again repeated his words, but with even greater emphasis, and introduced the statement about drinking his blood: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" (John 6:53–56).
Thanks for making my point.

I don't worship cannibals, and don't intend to be one.
Even symbolically.

You can keep your ravenous bloodthirsty god, with my blessings dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••