Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310344 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314813 Nov 5, 2013
So paul didn`t say it? Do you expect consistency from the insane?

BTW...who taught these women about christ? Paul never met him.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the one thing in the bible that you believe? Paul, famously had women preachers speak about Christ with him. They traveled with him and taught with him. Thecla is one who comes to mind but there were many.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314814 Nov 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a book with no references or proof of authorship.... You know, Things that help support the information in said book.
How many books or manuscripts from before the first century do?

We take all the Egyptians writings at face value even though we know that some pharoahs lied about their conquests but it is there in history inaccurately.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314815 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>There are many people who have experienced God/Christ in their lives and then turned around and rejected him. They don't reject the facts,just him. They are saying no to him. Lucifer knew who God was and he also rejected him. Even in the time of Jesus,there were those who ate with him,spend time with him,witnessed his miracles but rejected him.
That's because they couldn't give their will over to him. They know better and have to be the boss. It isn't easy to say and mean 'Thy will be done'.
YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#314816 Nov 5, 2013

ISRAEL's foretold "TIME" ---ready for ANTICHRIST

http://youtu.be/OOyh7-GBuFU

Ink

Levittown, PA

#314817 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Jesus`s existence is a historical convention. There's no proof of it but they aren`t going to bother arguing with zealots over it; they have better things to do, like chronicle the damage his followers have done over the pst two millennia--which is indisputable.
<quoted text>
They aren't arguing with anyone. It is a subject of interest and have made studies of the historical Jesus.

What caused the crusades? Certainly nothing Jesus said or did.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314818 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So paul didn`t say it? Do you expect consistency from the insane?
BTW...who taught these women about christ? Paul never met him.
<quoted text>
Paul knew the apostles James and Peter and had his own conversion.

Indianapolis

#314820 Nov 5, 2013
In the 70`s, the RCC wasn`t actively political and wasn`t trying to interfere with women's medical decisions. They weren't fighting gay rights and even recognized a gay liaison group, Dignity. There was no hypocrisy involved; I went there for classes in the arts. The scholarship I got was specific to that college; they received the money regardless of who won it.

In the 70`s the cover-up was IN EFFECT, a-hole. Were you shot in the head or something?
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
What.....it wasn't the same institution back in the 70's ? It had a different position on abortion and women's reproductive rights ?
There were no instances of priest abuse and church cover-up ?
The fact is there were most likely many more cases than there are today.
And even if I believed your lie about the scholarship, which I don't for a second, scholarships still represent real money. Money was paid to that institution in your name. And the fact the college said nothing about a woman's pregnancy doesn't change the fact that the money still went to the Catholic Church.
Spin it any way you like. It still spells hypocritical phony.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#314821 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they couldn't give their will over to him. They know better and have to be the boss. It isn't easy to say and mean 'Thy will be done'.
Maybe it's because God doesn't exist and they knew it.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#314822 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And for those who turn their will over to a different God??????????

Indianapolis

#314823 Nov 5, 2013
Medical risks are a real issue. I think a doctor should refuse to do a procedure if the results could be much more dangerous than NOT doing it. That has nothing to do with the right of a woman to abort; if her doctor thinks the procedure has acceptable risks, that's fine.
Your definition of clairvoyance involves knowledge unknown to others, but the original post referred to knowing what other people know. Not the same thing, moron.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Go lay your line of shit on one of the other gullible half soused PC sots that lap up your drivel.
Your creed all along has been a woman's right to choose, her body her choice, her right to personal risk assessment.
NOW you expect us to buy into the fact that your heart bleeds for a physician who is faced with the "gut wrenching" decision of whether or not to perform a procedure whose risks may be approaching that of typical childbirth ?!? You would remove a woman's right to paersonal risk assessment and force her to gestate on THAT basis ???
You facked up here chief. And as I suspected, your arrogance will not allow you to admit it.
Go spend a few hours looking up the definition of "clairvoyant".
Moron.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314824 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In the 70`s, the RCC wasn`t actively political and wasn`t trying to interfere with women's medical decisions. They weren't fighting gay rights and even recognized a gay liaison group, Dignity. There was no hypocrisy involved; I went there for classes in the arts. The scholarship I got was specific to that college; they received the money regardless of who won it.
In the 70`s the cover-up was IN EFFECT, a-hole. Were you shot in the head or something?
<quoted text>
You should do some research before you post this misinformation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314825 Nov 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
And for those who turn their will over to a different God??????????
Who, how and what?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314826 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's because God doesn't exist and they knew it.
If you don't think God exists then He doesn't. If you think the world is a chance happening, it is. Whatever floats your boat.

Those theories make no sense to me. To each his own.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314828 Nov 5, 2013
I am an atheist, but I decided to say a prayer and see if MAYBE I was wrong about the existance of god. So...

Last Sunday I asked god to let the Saints beat the Jets. He didn't do it. That is proof that god does not exist. Case fkcnig closed!

Indianapolis

#314829 Nov 5, 2013
UNICEF collects money to help BORN children in catastrophic circumstances. I know anti-choicers don't give a damn About real, born kids, but they aren't out there performing abortions. Kids collecting for them neither know nor care about their abortion policy and the money tbey collect has nothing to do with it.

The propaganda put in the kids' bags, on the other hand, is directly usurping the parents' authority. Would you approve of me handing out slips saying "there is no god"?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Okay,so you DON'T have a problem with pro-abortion organizations soliciting money for their cause. It's only pamplets that show a human life with a caption that we are not "just" cells,that irks you and leads you to come onto topix to show your true colors.
Interesting.
Since when is abortion "education" btw? Education that belongs in childrens Halloween bags nevertheless.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314830 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
UNICEF collects money to help BORN children in catastrophic circumstances. I know anti-choicers don't give a damn About real, born kids, but they aren't out there performing abortions. Kids collecting for them neither know nor care about their abortion policy and the money tbey collect has nothing to do with it.
The propaganda put in the kids' bags, on the other hand, is directly usurping the parents' authority. Would you approve of me handing out slips saying "there is no god"?
<quoted text>
Why don't we just put candy in their bags and let them overindulge for one night a year like we did?

Atrisco Village

#314831 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think God exists then He doesn't. If you think the world is a chance happening, it is. Whatever floats your boat.
Those theories make no sense to me. To each his own.
Interesting. By your own words, God exists only if one thinks he does. Like Santa Claus. Okay!

Atrisco Village

#314832 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, that would be okay with her, because you know how fair-minded she is. Btw, you know the little Unicef store in Anytown, USA? It displays "pro-abortion" cards next to the hand-painted Christmas cards made by Romanian orphans. Oh, yeah!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314833 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care whether you choose to accept the truth or not. See, my friend, because YOU are the one with a hidden agenda, are manipulative, simple-minded, and can't think for yourself, you believe that others must be just like you. Typical reactionary mindset. You don't get it, never will, because you choose to be cozily ignorant. I apologize for trying to treat you like an intelligent adult. Off you go, now, into your fundie cave.
Your emotionally charged responses that included insults and name calling only show me that you don't like to be outted.

Elise,I merely responded to you posts regarding "PL" propanganda during Halloween(which seemed like a problem for you hence,the reason for coming on here and posting it),only to receive a condescending attitude laced with insults and name calling from you when I pointed out that UNICEF has been doing it for DECADES. I remember as a child it being done,being handed out boxes and my kids as well. You defended UNICEF.

You're dishonest and if you wanted to use me as a cover up,then so be it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314834 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting. By your own words, God exists only if one thinks he does. Like Santa Claus. Okay!
No what I meant was that God exists for me regardless of what you think and God doesn't exist for you regardless of what I think. It isn't my job to convince you. So believe what makes you happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,263,740
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min ChristineW 244,943
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 6,482
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
More from around the web