Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,554
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314632 Nov 2, 2013
Ink Is Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
If this Rabbi believes in Jesus then he is NOT and Orthodox Jew no matter what he calls himself.
I didn't say he believed 'in' Jesus as Christians but he does believe he was a man who lived in the first century. And he is a well written and well spoken orthodox rabbi.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314633 Nov 2, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text> Well she is going to insist otherwise.. Why? well she just can stand the thought that once more she is hopping around on a foot. That she gleefully shoved into her mouth.
You bet I am going to insist otherwise. You can look him up and see that he is an orthodox Jew and rabbi.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314634 Nov 2, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a messianic jew, you fool.. He can call himself anything he likes, but he still not part of the main stream judaism. I'll bet you did not even click the link I provided.
Yes I did and I didn't find Rabbi Telluskin's name there. He has written a dozen books on the Jewish religion and culture. An expert.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#314635 Nov 2, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ! Thank you.
<quoted text>
I AM allowed. You just said so. See above.
Are you OK ?
<quoted text>
I am not perfect and I am not a hypocrite. You have already said, correctly I might add, that God does not forbid judging but says only that if you are to judge so shall you be judged by others.
I have already stated that I am prepared to be judged as I have judged. How does that make me a hypocrite ?
The way it reads, it clearly says not to judge -- unless you, yourself, are above reproach by having already removed the plank from your own eye (making you perfect). You say you're not perfect, so that leaves hypocrite. It's one of those biblical either/or things.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#314636 Nov 2, 2013
I am katey too wrote:
Miss Katie,I tried to respond to your post but couldn't. My apologies for that. That said,your link showed a "supposed" "person" in ONE town putting a picture of a baby captioned "not just a clump of cells" in Halloween bags. The posters Elise and playa made it seem like it was about deaf babies killed during an abortion pictures. A bit dramatic on their part.
UNICEF(a HUGE abortion and contraception company) has been country wide for decades soliciting for money on Halloween. This is okay by y'all? It didn't belong in my Halloween pumpkin,nor my children's. Where are the voices in disgust over that?
Silence for over fifty yrs about it. Comments anyone?
As indicated by my post, I responded to a troll posting as OMG who stated, "Humph! Wonder if she will show us this stuff that was put in Halloween bags.

I am sure SOMEONE else witnessed this and has proof?!?!"

So I provided a link in response. Pretty self-explanatory. And didn't include Elise or NAP or UNICEF.
Gtown71

United States

#314637 Nov 2, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Discredit??? Your collection of books does well enough all its own as a literal word of any god. You want a bat to be a bird because some poorly translated and poorly edited books say something..
So you would take the word of something even though the reality and scientific act proves otherwise. Gtown, you just proved what killed vaudeville.
My main point is, that if there is a God, and I believe there is, and that God of All things considers a bat a bird, then it is. Period!

No if you and cp, and many bible scholars, scientist, etc.... wish to straight out God on this petty matter, then please do so, when you meet Him.

Out of a the books of the bible, you guys argue over very petty issues.

I suggest you decide whether or not God is real first, and He will have no problem showing you all things.

Maybe I'm missing something here but just common sense alone would tell you that a God who created all things can choose what those things are referred to.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314638 Nov 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My main point is, that if there is a God, and I believe there is, and that God of All things considers a bat a bird, then it is. Period!
No if you and cp, and many bible scholars, scientist, etc.... wish to straight out God on this petty matter, then please do so, when you meet Him.
Out of a the books of the bible, you guys argue over very petty issues.
I suggest you decide whether or not God is real first, and He will have no problem showing you all things.
Maybe I'm missing something here but just common sense alone would tell you that a God who created all things can choose what those things are referred to.
My understanding is that the bat is included with the birds because it has wings.

The Hebrews probably weren't up on zoology.
Gtown71

United States

#314639 Nov 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that the bat is included with the birds because it has wings.
The Hebrews probably weren't up on zoology.
That's mine as well.:)

I have bats that fly around at dusk in my back yard, right after the purple martins bed down, and it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

Today there's more and more websights, mainly ran by atheist that point out what they see as discrepancies in God's word, but they are just grasping at staws.

Like I was -I didn't want to believe, becouse it meant that I was in trouble.
thanks be to God, that I now do.
feces for jesus

Rockville Centre, NY

#314640 Nov 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that the bat is included with the birds because it has wings.
The Hebrews probably weren't up on zoology.
Neither was god apparently.

Gtown-y believes everything in the bible because it's "gods word".
Bats are birds.
Man is made from dust
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Gtown71

United States

#314641 Nov 2, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither was god apparently.
Gtown-y believes everything in the bible because it's "gods word".
Bats are birds.
Man is made from dust
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Anyone can read any book, but when it comes to "seeing" the spiritual applications, within Gods Word - one must be enlightened by God.

The first man created did come from dust, but why is that so hard to fathom when you probably believe we evolved from slime?

Everything we see, touch, whatever came from the ground.
Buildings, computers, high tech devices, cars, you name it .... it all came out of the ground in one way, shape, or form.

People are slaves to Sin.

Jesus came to set us free from Sin and shame, and in return those who have been set free "should" want to be inslaved in His way / love.

As you know many slaves in America were treated well enough, that even after they were legally set free, they willingly chose to stay.

God uses the lesser folks of this life "the ones most don't consider very smart "to confound the "wise".

Wise in their own mind.

The first time I really looked at Scripture, I hated what it said. Although it had me pegged 100%. Yet it did begin to make me think about what if?
what if I'm wrong about the whole God thing?

I was.

Thanks be to God, He found me, so that I could find His Grace and Mercy.

Question? If God is real, and judges rightly, are you ok with Him judging you one day?
Gtown71

United States

#314642 Nov 2, 2013
Gtown is LAZY like INK wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 11:13-19
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 ĎAnd these you shall regard as an abomination among the birds; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, the vulture, the buzzard, 14 the kite, and the falcon after its kind; 15 every raven after its kind, 16 the ostrich, the short-eared owl, the sea gull, and the hawk after its kind; 17 the little owl, the fisher owl, and the screech owl; 18 the white owl, the jackdaw, and the carrion vulture; 19 the stork, the heron after its kind, the hoopoe, and the bat.
Not lazy, well maybe at times, but I was at work on a short break. Again bats are in the same category as birds,within that verse, so what?

Plus the NKJV came out in when I was 12 years old. Niv has different versions, of itself, so one should ask themselves why.

I believe every word of God is inspired by God, and is very important.
Most new versions do not, and sway it according to what they think.

Just one of many is the verse in kj -that says "little children how hard it is, for those who TRUST IN RICHES,to enter the kingdom of God.

Nkj - says "little children how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:16 -kj says only begotten Son.
Others say -only son.

I am a son of God "through Christ Jesus ",but there is only one begotten Son.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314643 Nov 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he believed 'in' Jesus as Christians but he does believe he was a man who lived in the first century. And he is a well written and well spoken orthodox rabbi.
What DID you say he believed in?

And since when do You get to decide what HE believed in..........
Gtown71

United States

#314644 Nov 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You fu**ing coward. It took me a couple minutes to read ALL of lev 11.
Bats are not birds, period. No feathers, no eggs, no cloaca, produce milk, etc. Birds are not mammals.Every biblical language has distinct words for bats and birds, because even primitive people know the difference.
You said if ONE word was incorrect, you'd have to reevaluate everything. I gave you two. But what does it matter? Religion is your addiction, and arguing with a junkie is fruitless.
<quoted text>
Why so much hostility bro?
Have I ever cursed you, or called you anything except for a cpeter?

Yes, I said if the word of God contains even one word that's wrong, then one would need to rethink the whole book, but what you fail to "see", is I don't line up Gods Word with what any man "including myself " thinks about anything. I line up, what I think or feel about anything, with "what saith the Lord ".

If that makes me??????? Whatever??? Then so be it, but cpeter , even though I may not concern myself with bats/birds, or how a rabbit chews on things, or how many fleas were on Pharaoh's dog, it doesn't mean I'm a spiritual retard.

There are things I careless about, and there are other things I will go to my grave believing.

Just one of many, many, things that God's salvation offered me, was a peace that passes all understanding.

Plus love for others.

Believe it or not cpeter, I love you - you, a gay man, who by your own admission has been with many many men...

I care for your soul, and do pray you come to know the saving grace of God, and are given a peace that I, and you both know you deep down, desire to have.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314645 Nov 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not lazy, well maybe at times, but I was at work on a short break. Again bats are in the same category as birds,within that verse, so what?
Plus the NKJV came out in when I was 12 years old. Niv has different versions, of itself, so one should ask themselves why.
I believe every word of God is inspired by God, and is very important.
Most new versions do not, and sway it according to what they think.
Just one of many is the verse in kj -that says "little children how hard it is, for those who TRUST IN RICHES,to enter the kingdom of God.
Nkj - says "little children how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God.
John 3:16 -kj says only begotten Son.
Others say -only son.
I am a son of God "through Christ Jesus ",but there is only one begotten Son.
Gtown71

United States

#314646 Nov 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=IhjYWfHwFHMXX
Hey lady :)
could you post it, to where I. Can just click it please. I am a bit lazy you know :)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314647 Nov 3, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither was god apparently.
Gtown-y believes everything in the bible because it's "gods word".
Bats are birds.
Man is made from dust
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
If that is what you take from the Bible instead of the important words and meanings, that is your choice.

I have a different outlook.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314648 Nov 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What DID you say he believed in?
And since when do You get to decide what HE believed in..........
I read his book in his own words. You should try reading once in a while, then you might know what you are talking about.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314649 Nov 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you take from the Bible instead of the important words and meanings, that is your choice.
I have a different outlook.
And who says your outlook is right and his is wrong?

A million people will read the bible and come out with a million different "outlooks", so in the end the bible does nothing to clarify what an alleged God wants for/from his people.

The bible is extremely obtuse/symbolic/metaphorical and just plain confusing. Why wouldn't a God choose to be be more direct and straightforward so the readers of his word would understand, universally, exactly what he meant?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#314650 Nov 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In order to answer this question, I would first have to know the parameters for which you believe yourself prepared.
If your judgment turns out to have been wrong, have you prepared yourself to be judged wrongly?
Just checking...
Not necessarily. One could judge righteously and without hypocrisy but still be ultimately wrong in their judgement. Man can and does make mistakes. I guess the fact that I recognize that man is not mistake proof means I am prepared for the fact that there is a possibility I may be judged wrongly.
I am prepared to be judged righteously.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#314651 Nov 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I call it like it I see it.
No you don't. You call it like you see it, at least critically, only when it involves someone you disagree with. Had you truly called it liked you see it you would have called Peter on his belief that HIS interpretation was the only correct one.
You disagree with his interpretation. What does that mean? It means you think you have a better one and that too is as self serving as you say CP is.
In this instance there is actually very little interpretation involved. When one looks at the context, it is clear that God does NOT forbid judging. A six year old would conclude the same based on the context.

John 7:24 -

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Righty Whitey 1,109,134
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Patrick n Angela 227,380
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 57 min ploppers 200,937
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 27,340
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••