Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#314262 Oct 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your capacity for self-delusion is endless, isn't it...tell yourself whatever you need to. If this little girl hadn't thought she was going to reunite herself with her father in heaven, she wouldn't have died trying.
She said so herself.
So how many people worldwide commit suicide to be with their fathers. Her action was not normal thinking for Christians, Jews or Muslims, all who believe in an afterlife.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314263 Oct 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously do not think that people told her to kill herself so that she could be with her father. Most of the world believes in an afterlife but they aren't all killing themselves to be with family members who have passed. The child obviously had other mental issues.
You know, I grew up going to Catholic schools, church every week, learning the catecism and my father died when I was about that age. I loved him very much and believed he was in heaven but I never thought about joining him. As I said before this child had other things going on that caused her to take her life.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314264 Oct 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I grew up going to Catholic schools, church every week, learning the catecism and my father died when I was about that age. I loved him very much and believed he was in heaven but I never thought about joining him. As I said before this child had other things going on that caused her to take her life.
That poor little girl was told her daddy was in heaven. She believed. Decided that she would join her daddy there.. So she did.. That in the end is the real tragedy. She believed in a "literal truth". So died. That is a fact. No matter how you spin this tragedy in to something else. That overwhelming fact is one that you can not over come.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314265 Oct 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously do not think that people told her to kill herself so that she could be with her father. Most of the world believes in an afterlife but they aren't all killing themselves to be with family members who have passed. The child obviously had other mental issues.
I HAVE known people who are wasting this life just waiting to get to the next supposed life...to be reunited with deceased loved ones they think are in some Heaven somewhere.

The PL mourn the loss of zygotes and embryos via abortion but think nothing of the wasted lives your mythology has caused.

There are indeed people who are doing nothing with their lives because they've been fed some bullshit about dying and heading off to a paradise to live out eternity with their loved ones. And do they simply exist and wait...

And no doubt there are people who have opted for suicide instead of fixing their lives because they think there's going to be something better in some other life.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314266 Oct 27, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. It very clearly says "Do not judge lest you be judged". How completely dishonest and misleading of you to totally remove the context in which speaks of judging. He is saying If you judge so shall you be judged. If He was forbidding judging it would have said "Do not judge" PERIOD.
Why would He say "for in the way you judge it will be measured to you" if he's clearly FORBIDDEN you to judge AT ALL ?
Let me put it in terms you can understand. If your boyfriend told you not to violate his backside lest he violate yours, he is not forbidding you to violate his backside. He's only saying that if you do, be prepared to have yours violated in the same manner.
Also, if he was forbidding judging why would he say remove the log from your own eye before removing the speck from your brother's ? He is clearly referring to judging yourself before you judge your brother ( don't be a hypocrite ), but why would he say "then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye" ? Why would He set ground rules for an act you claim He clearly outright forbids ?
Your ability to interpret scripture is laughably and naively superficial. And totally self serving.
You thinking you know better than anyone else what the scripture means is totally self serving also.*facepalm*

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314267 Oct 27, 2013
My story wrote:
I personally never introduce myself as the MOM of anyone or anyone I know as THE MOM OF. If by any chance someone asks me how many kids I have,I give a count of my two living sons and mention my deceased (miscarriages) that I never met face to face outside my body.
I might add that I am a triplet,and my sister and I always mention that we are even when most only know us as twins. Our -other- passed away while in utero very early on.
I find it rude when people dismiss a woman's loss via miscarriage. It hurts women. I wish it would stop. Shows some compassion please. Not only that,but using our loss as a means to defend your position or beliefs regarding abortion is just awful.My sibling existed. We (my surviving sister)sense her loss. We were a trio and death will never divide us. We will meet after this life.
Regards.
Yeah sure.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314268 Oct 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many people worldwide commit suicide to be with their fathers. Her action was not normal thinking for Christians, Jews or Muslims, all who believe in an afterlife.
When my son passed, one of his best friends left this life in search of him in the next one. The same way as that little girl did...she hanged herself. The note she left was very similar...she was convinced it was the only way she was going to see him again, on her own timeline. Her sister found her. Nice, huh?

Happens all the time.
Ocean56

AOL

#314270 Oct 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
The Supreme Court recognized that women are citizens, and have the same rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk-assessment, and self-defense, as everyone else...even when we are pregnant.
Obviously, you don't, and that's fine.
As it stands, I strongly suggest you never contemplate, seek, or obtain an abortion.
Other than that...abortion is none of your business.
And THAT's what the Supreme Court decided.
Exactly. For me, the prochoice position comes down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide. As you said, that's what the Supreme Court decided; that EACH woman could make her own decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy.

After 40 years, conservatives -- primarily the male ones -- obviously still can't accept that women are smart enough to make our OWN individual decisions when it comes to sex and reproduction, so they "have to" (in their tiny little minds) have to make them FOR us.@@
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314271 Oct 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When my son passed, one of his best friends left this life in search of him in the next one. The same way as that little girl did...she hanged herself. The note she left was very similar...she was convinced it was the only way she was going to see him again, on her own timeline. Her sister found her. Nice, huh?
Happens all the time.
Why do we think there is another life
after death if Jesus brought Lazarus back
from the dead to live this life?
God never speaks but He is here.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314272 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. For me, the prochoice position comes down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide. As you said, that's what the Supreme Court decided; that EACH woman could make her own decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
After 40 years, conservatives -- primarily the male ones -- obviously still can't accept that women are smart enough to make our OWN individual decisions when it comes to sex and reproduction, so they "have to" (in their tiny little minds) have to make them FOR us.@@
Abortion comes from evil forces that bother us
when a baby is going to be born.
No Relativism

United States

#314273 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey Anthony decided that her offspring, Caylee, was an inconvenience at 13 trimesters old.

Why didn't you trust her "individual decision"?
No Relativism

United States

#314274 Oct 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry...I know you`re a man, but for some reason I thought the poster was addressing one of our resident lady wiccans....
<quoted text>
cPeterPout: "Sorry, Kathwynn...I know you`re a man, but for some reason..."

No need to apologize. "His" posts do come across as a militant proabort woman.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314275 Oct 28, 2013
Oh, f**k off, idiot. That`s no argument at all.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey Anthony decided that her offspring, Caylee, was an inconvenience at 13 trimesters old.
Why didn't you trust her "individual decision"?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314276 Oct 28, 2013
Which means they are logical and intelligent, given your difficulty dealing with women in general.

Your post come across as the product of a bitter pre-school dropout.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>

Jonesboro AR

#314277 Oct 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO

You really are a fool.
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#314278 Oct 28, 2013
Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!

http://www.klkntv.com/story/23808865/fed-judg...

Jonesboro AR

#314279 Oct 28, 2013
Priest wrote:
Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!
http://www.klkntv.com/story/23808865/fed-judg...
A win for the good guys..:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314280 Oct 28, 2013
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Judge-Expect...

One down, 600-plus to go....and those are just from this year's Congressional Session.

WHAT HAPPENED TO "JOBS, JOBS, JOBS", folks???
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314281 Oct 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, I see you have no comment on the cherub who took her own life, so she could be with her daddy 'in heaven'.
That is one good reason to stop spoon-feeding religion to children. They trust their parents to tell them the truth and they continuously fail. Stop telling them there is an afterlife, there isn't.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314282 Oct 28, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>That is one good reason to stop spoon-feeding religion to children. They trust their parents to tell them the truth and they continuously fail. Stop telling them there is an afterlife, there isn't.
The biggest lie ever told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,406,092
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,124
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web