Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,690)

Showing posts 293,781 - 293,800 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Her PLM masters have only shown her abortion pictures from LTA`s...
She thinks they are all done a week before delivery.
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're probably right.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So if I answered a poll and said I consider myself as one who completely understands polling, you'd question the validity of that answer, right?
LOL
<quoted text>
Sure it was the right answer...for them. If someone answered a poll saying they consider themself a math expert, then answered "I don't know" to a subsequent question "What is 2+2" ? I think you might have to question their math expert assessment....no ?
We're not talking about right and wrong here. We're talking about consistency in poll responses.
The poll is flawed.
<quoted text>
Fundie control freak ! Fundie control freak !
The default response when you have no other.
Where did I say "Fundie"?

Again, two polls, not one.

Learn to read.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely. And if you do not answer "pro choice" as the one that is more in tune with your beliefs, after having answered that you agree with RvW, then you either do not understand what RvW did, or you do not understand the fundamental distinction between the two choices in the poll question.
Either way it spells flawed poll.
<quoted text>
Arrogant people are even more annoying when they're right, eh ?
You're not being annoying at all. Just arrogant.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Strawman argument.
<quoted text>These aren't children looking for foster homes. These are children available TODAY for adoption for which, unfortunately, no "loooooong waiting list" of anyone is available to give them a home.
Make their families take care of them.
The teacher aide that taped a students mouth
in Albuquerque should be fired and arrested
for child abuse. They let her return to work.
I wouldn't want her with my kids.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid argument.
C'mon ink. You want to say that god works through people...... And then decide who god does or does work through?????
Years

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

294,047 posts, it would take years to read this thread.
No Relativism

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to get on your feet? A few boxes of diapers, some formula, buntings and blankets, rattles and godspeed wishes is not nearly enough. Any woman who might be struggling to make ends meet will only find short term assistance. And if some had their way, WIC help would be difficult, if not impossible, to obtain.
Plenty of loving people in the world. I asked whether *you* would be trusting enough to hand your child over to strangers.
Ink, you cannot know what goes thru the mind of another woman. The "give away for adoption" sounds wonderful and God approved. Right?
Problem: "A few boxes of diapers, some formula, buntings and blankets, rattles and godspeed wishes is not nearly enough."

Junket's Solution: "KILL THE BABY!"
_________

Problem: "Any woman who might be struggling to make ends meet will only find short term assistance."

Junket's Solution: "KILL THE DAMN BABY!"
_________

Problem: "I asked whether *you* would be trusting enough to hand your child over to strangers."

Junket's Solution: "Don't adopt! KILL THE BABY!"
_________

Problem: "Ink, you cannot know what goes thru the mind of another woman. The "give away for adoption" sounds wonderful, but..."

Junket's Solution: "Abortion Yes!! Adoption NO!!"
_________

** Junket throws Twinkie rapper on pile next to her sunkin in couch **
No Relativism

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>but promotes the reproductive slavery of half its citizens.
Nice.
Playa: "...promotes the reproductive slavery of half its citizens."

Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy.

It's a normal part of who we are as human beings.

Your attempt to dehumanize humans has failed.

Again.

P.S. Wear a strap on for Halloween. You'll feel better.
No Relativism

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to get on your feet? A few boxes of diapers, some formula, buntings and blankets, rattles and godspeed wishes is not nearly enough. Any woman who might be struggling to make ends meet will only find short term assistance. And if some had their way, WIC help would be difficult, if not impossible, to obtain.
Plenty of loving people in the world. I asked whether *you* would be trusting enough to hand your child over to strangers.
Ink, you cannot know what goes thru the mind of another woman. The "give away for adoption" sounds wonderful and God approved. Right?
Junket has no problem demeaning those human beings who were adopted...and their adoptive parents.

"Prochoice" my azz. The betch is a diehard proabort.
No Relativism

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

FattyFat McFatFat

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Where`s the fun if I put all my cards on the table in the first hand. Ante up...;)
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I did not know that about you. Interesting Cpete

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

You`re wrong, and your arrogance can`t accept it. Being PL or PC is a personal interpretation of philosophical, political, and biological tropes.

Some PLMers don`t believe in abortion at all; some believe it`s acceptable in cases of rape or health issues. So who is the "true" PLMer?
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely. And if you do not answer "pro choice" as the one that is more in tune with your beliefs, after having answered that you agree with RvW, then you either do not understand what RvW did, or you do not understand the fundamental distinction between the two choices in the poll question.
<quoted text>
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Because you are new here, I'll explain it to you.
There are 100% pro-choice people who are against Roe v Wade because it has some restrictions and 100% anti-choice people who against Roe v Wade because it permits many abortions. Because you can only deal in "Yes" or "No" answers, you can't fathom "Sometimes Yes, sometimes No".

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah-hah!
Good evening "Rach!"
Always a pleasure to "see" you luv. An interesting choice but for some reason I can't quite explain--even to myself--I thought this would be a tad more appropriate for this thread;
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
;P
It sure was! Safety dance. Awesome!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of these references claimed an embryo is a human being. Not one. Why must you consistently lie to yourself?
"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]

" the beginning of a human being"
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon ink. You want to say that god works through people...... And then decide who god does or does work through?????
He does and it is up to Him who and how.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form

a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]
"This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."

Does *not* equal human being. It's a cell. One cell. Not the whole.

an·la·ge
noun \&#712;än-&#716;läg- &#601;\

: the foundation of a subsequent development; especially : primordium
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/anlage...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
Does *not* equal human being. It's a cell. One cell. Not the whole.
an·la·ge
noun \&#712;än-&#716;läg- &#601;\
: the foundation of a subsequent development; especially : primordium
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/anlage...
----------

"Zygote. This cell, formed by the union of an ovum and a sperm (Gr. zyg tos, yoked together), represents the beginning of a human being. The common expression 'fertilized ovum' refers to the zygote."
[Moore, Keith L. and Persaud, T.V.N. Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects. 4th edition. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1993, p. 1]

" represents the beginning of a human being"
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
"Zygote. This cell, formed by the union of an ovum and a sperm (Gr. zyg tos, yoked together), represents the beginning of a human being. The common expression 'fertilized ovum' refers to the zygote."
[Moore, Keith L. and Persaud, T.V.N. Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects. 4th edition. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1993, p. 1]
" represents the beginning of a human being"
Still does not equal a human being.

Since when does the beginning of anything equal the whole? Remember all those acorns I stepped on last weekend? According to your logic (as exampled above), a bunch of oak trees were aborted. That's your faulty logic. And you continue to display it as well as the length of deceit you're willing to believe.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
Ikstain that still does not get you to a human being.. Nor a person with rights under the US Constitution.. But thanks for playing just how many straws are you willing to grasp to look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 293,781 - 293,800 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Richardfs 223,976
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••