Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312662 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Susanne Daisuke

Ardsley, NY

#314099 Oct 24, 2013
For the cruel jerk who just said that a baby isn't involved in an abortion,F-off. I just lost my "baby" at 3 months of pregnancy. That WAS my child,you insensitive,ugly,uncompassiona te monster. That baby was growing inside of me and I was preparing for his or her arrival. You have no respect for women like me or our deceased. I hope you believe in karma to come bite your pitiful self.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314101 Oct 24, 2013
Silly me...I forgot that women cease existing after conception.

owning a uterus doesn't deprive a woman of making her own decisions. She has no obligation to the fetus.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is. That is how we all got here. If you don't want your body used don't get pregnant. Once you have conceived a child, it is another life. Not your's.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#314102 Oct 24, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Number one, I am not new here. I christened this place.
Number two, I agree that there are both pro choice and anti-choice who oppose RvW, for different reasons. That's not what we're talking about here at all.
We're talking about those who support/agree with RvW.
You cannot agree with RvW and then turn around and say that "anti-choice" most closely expresses your beliefs as opposed to pro choice.
Or do you disagree ?
You cannot grasp the fact of "different reasons" in a poll. If you were ever polled, you would know there are never only 2 choices. So your cited poll has only 2 choices and you can't see why there is a lack of reason in your results. YOUR MIND CAN HANDLE ONLY ONE DIMENTION WITH NUMBERS, ZERO AND ONE!
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#314103 Oct 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the beginning of a human being and death is the end of a human being. We are alive the whole time in between. From the very beginning to the very end. Ethically and morally, there is no right to end that life prematurely.
Says you. I say ethics and morals side with the pregnant woman as she is already established as a human being, part of our species, and aware of herself, others, and surroundings (something the fetus is not). Therefore, there is no right to enforce gestation upon her.

And that is exactly what Roe v Wade protects. Your perspective. My perspective.

Do you still want to see abortion criminalized and Roe v Wade overturned? Then neither of our perspectives would be legally upheld.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#314104 Oct 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with me. If you don't recognize the 'coincidences' or unexplained gut feelings that come out of nowhere then you might be missing something working in your life to help you.
If I remember right, she was making the point that God wanted women to have abortions or there wouldn't be abortions. That's the same as saying that God wants people to kill others because if he didn't they wouldn't be able to or God want spouses to cheat on each other because if he didn't he would make it so they couldn't.
It's just her way of blaming all the evils of the world on God rather than the people committing them.
That is what Christians say. All things through God. When unexpected death happens, people comfort others by claiming "Even if we don't understand why, God has a plan and that person's death was not in vain." Don't you dare tell me you've never uttered words to that point yourself or have never heard others utter it to yet others still.

It is what most of this country was saying to each other following the 9/11 attacks.

Indianapolis

#314105 Oct 24, 2013
Because this discussion is all about YOU, right?

My mother had 2 miscarriages and 8 live births, including a daughter who lived for one month after birth. She said there was no comparison between her reactions to the miscarriages and to losing a born child. Everyone has their own emotional reaction. But we are discussing the medical and legal aspects of abortion, which has nothing to do with your situation.
Susanne Daisuke wrote:
For the cruel jerk who just said that a baby isn't involved in an abortion,F-off. I just lost my "baby" at 3 months of pregnancy. That WAS my child,you insensitive,ugly,uncompassiona te monster. That baby was growing inside of me and I was preparing for his or her arrival. You have no respect for women like me or our deceased. I hope you believe in karma to come bite your pitiful self.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#314106 Oct 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
"Zygote. This cell, formed by the union of an ovum and a sperm (Gr. zyg tos, yoked together), represents the beginning of a human being. The common expression 'fertilized ovum' refers to the zygote."
[Moore, Keith L. and Persaud, T.V.N. Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects. 4th edition. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1993, p. 1]
" represents the beginning of a human being"
The book also talks about birth defects. What does it say about that?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314107 Oct 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Silly me...I forgot that women cease existing after conception.
owning a uterus doesn't deprive a woman of making her own decisions. She has no obligation to the fetus.
<quoted text>
Silly you, they don't cease to exist but now there are two lives instead of one and that other life is just as valuable as her's.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314108 Oct 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because this discussion is all about YOU, right?
My mother had 2 miscarriages and 8 live births, including a daughter who lived for one month after birth. She said there was no comparison between her reactions to the miscarriages and to losing a born child. Everyone has their own emotional reaction. But we are discussing the medical and legal aspects of abortion, which has nothing to do with your situation.
<quoted text>
And he is really sorry for your loss.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314111 Oct 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what Christians say. All things through God. When unexpected death happens, people comfort others by claiming "Even if we don't understand why, God has a plan and that person's death was not in vain." Don't you dare tell me you've never uttered words to that point yourself or have never heard others utter it to yet others still.
It is what most of this country was saying to each other following the 9/11 attacks.
And you would rather say what?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314112 Oct 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you. I say ethics and morals side with the pregnant woman as she is already established as a human being, part of our species, and aware of herself, others, and surroundings (something the fetus is not). Therefore, there is no right to enforce gestation upon her.
And that is exactly what Roe v Wade protects. Your perspective. My perspective.
Do you still want to see abortion criminalized and Roe v Wade overturned? Then neither of our perspectives would be legally upheld.
Mom may be born but that doesn't mean her life is worth more than anyone else's, even though she may think so. The child she kills could have turned out to be an immensely better individual with a huge heart and giving disposition. Unlike mom

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314113 Oct 24, 2013
Susanne Daisuke wrote:
Hi, Knit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314114 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>So sorry to hear of your loss, yes your post is the best one on here . May God be with you.
We all know that was you, Stuppid...

You're like the kid who lets the air out of all the bike tires in his neighborhood, and then goes around asking if anybody wants to ride bikes....
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#314115 Oct 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And you would rather say what?
Not contradictory phrases, that's for sure.

How can you claim that NAP is blaming bad things on God while giving God credit for all things?

How can you not give God credit for bad things when all things are through God?

Consistency is key to integrity.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#314116 Oct 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom may be born but that doesn't mean her life is worth more than anyone else's, even though she may think so. The child she kills could have turned out to be an immensely better individual with a huge heart and giving disposition. Unlike mom
Or it could have turned out like Gary Ridgeway, Ted Bundy, Adolph Hitler... That argument does not work. It is contradictory.

Indianapolis

#314117 Oct 24, 2013
No, it`s not. It simply is not. If the fetus buys the farm, the woman's life continues. If the woman dies, the fetus is toast. In either case, only one of them has sentience and purlose.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly you, they don't cease to exist but now there are two lives instead of one and that other life is just as valuable as her's.

Indianapolis

#314118 Oct 24, 2013
Eat it, popesucker. YOU are the last person to complain about interpersonal relations.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I don't even read what you post anymore because your lack of goodness in people, your demonic attitude , etc. For some reason I just read your filthy reply to that woman, you are mentally ill. Your lack of compassion shows you are sick .

Indianapolis

#314119 Oct 24, 2013
It could be the one to assassinate the pope, or blow up a school.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
qeenieson

Monessen, PA

#314120 Oct 24, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …………………… This is amazing
sex is the problem

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314121 Oct 24, 2013
qeenieson wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=wFpR48Q1jI Y …………………… This is amazing
sex is the problem
Never been a problem for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,457,804
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Eagle 12 258,039
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Lavar Ball 32,588
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 21 hr Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web