Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330993 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313916 Oct 22, 2013
The "gray" comes in where you consider a fetus to be a baby, and others don`t.

I am far more concerned about those 39 living, sentient women than any half-formed potential lives that might not reach birth anyway.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie Van der Sloot: "Wow. What must it be like living in your black or white, either/or world with no shades of grey or blurred lines?"
Baby is alive.
Baby is killed dead.
Where is the sade of grey?
________
Katie Van der Sloot: "...negative impact when abortion was illegal."
CDC reports 39 women died from illegal abortions the year PRIOR TO Roe v. Wade.
200,000/yr illegal abortions/yr before Roe v. Wade, 1,200,000/year legal abortions after Roe v. Wade.
So.........

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313917 Oct 22, 2013
Chuckles, you`re not smart enough to call anyone else dumb. Fetuses don`t have any rights and pregnancy is strictly the woman`s choice. If she chooses not to keep it, too bad. Suck it.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeterPander: "How is it cowardly to make decisions for oneself and allow others the same right?"
...yet, you ignore the fact that the mother is deciding DEATH for another - her baby.
Damn you're dumb.....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313918 Oct 22, 2013
My, how very third grade.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing cPeterPout conceives is a bowel movement.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313919 Oct 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The "gray" comes in where you consider a fetus to be a baby, and others don`t.
I am far more concerned about those 39 living, sentient women than any half-formed potential lives that might not reach birth anyway.
<quoted text>
People that don't admit that the unborn child is a human being are people fooling themselves into thinking that it is some other species and suitable for killing. They have been deceived by folks who make a huge salaries running abortion clinics.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313920 Oct 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Did you pass out drunk before getting to where I also said it wouldn`t bother me if they were lifted?
Two issues arise in the third trimester: medical risk and viability. The risks for termination are much higher, and elective procedures with high risks are usually discouraged on a medical basis. The other, viability, means the fetus may no longer need the woman;`s systems to survive and issues of medical ethics arise. Then, of course, there`s the FACT that virtually all 3rd-term Abortions are performed for medical reasons on otherwise-wanted fetuses. Women don`t wait that long to abort because they don`t want to be pregnant.
<quoted text>
None of what you said is true. Tiller and Gosnell's aborted late term aborted babies wern't sick or mal formed. If they were they would have had their abortions done by their own GYN's in a hospital.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313921 Oct 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie Van der Sloot: "Wow. What must it be like living in your black or white, either/or world with no shades of grey or blurred lines?"
Baby is alive.
Baby is killed dead.
Where is the sade of grey?
________
Katie Van der Sloot: "...negative impact when abortion was illegal."
CDC reports 39 women died from illegal abortions the year PRIOR TO Roe v. Wade.
200,000/yr illegal abortions/yr before Roe v. Wade, 1,200,000/year legal abortions after Roe v. Wade.
So.........
I'll repeat the question since it's obvious you didn't understand the first time around.

Give three reasons to be against legal abortion that has nothing to do with your faith/belief, nothing to do with your dislike of the procedure, and *everything to do with pregnant women facing unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies. What's in it for them?

*indicates the crux of the question
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313922 Oct 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
People that don't admit that the unborn child is a human being are people fooling themselves into thinking that it is some other species and suitable for killing. They have been deceived by folks who make a huge salaries running abortion clinics.
Is that what you think?

What about people who believe the developing embryo/fetus has no right to gestate above and beyond that of the woman pregnant with it? That the woman is the sole owner/decision maker regarding what is gestated and what isn't?

What about those people, Ink? Are they fooled into believing women should just roll over and die at the whim of an embryo/fetus, husband/father, church/state regardless of their personal circumstances?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313923 Oct 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
People that don't admit that the unborn child is a human being are people fooling themselves into thinking that it is some other species and suitable for killing. They have been deceived by folks who make a huge salaries running abortion clinics.
You are wrong. It's that simple.

One, he didn't say anything about "human being". He said the fetus is not a baby.

Two, the phrase "human being" is philosophical, and hence subject to OPINION.

Three, WHO is getting their philosophy from "abortion clinics"? No one, that's who.

You're too stupid for words to convey.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313924 Oct 22, 2013
last sentence should be, Are they NOT fooled into believing...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313925 Oct 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
None of what you said is true. Tiller and Gosnell's aborted late term aborted babies wern't sick or mal formed. If they were they would have had their abortions done by their own GYN's in a hospital.
One, what part of "virtually all" don't you understand? Sorry, nevermind, I keep forgetting just how stupid you really are. My bad.

Two, what he SAID is that women don't wait that long JUST because they don't want to remain pregnant. Prove that even THOSE women who went to Gosnell wanted abortion JUST because they simply didn't want to be pregnant anymore, and not for some other reason.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313926 Oct 22, 2013
TheBrilliantChick wrote:
<quoted text>
NR, you should not ignore your pope. He is telling you you are sick. PAY ATTENTION to your ruler.
"Pope Francis called right-wing Christian fundamentalism a sickness.
During a daily Mass last week, Pope Francis called ideological Christianity “an illness” that doesn’t serve Jesus Christ. Instead, it “frightens” people and pushes them away from religion.
Pope Francis has been very clear about how he feels about ideological purity in religion. He’s been particularly critical of right-wing Christian fundamentalism. Pope Francis has shifted the focus of the Catholic Church to issues facing the poor and the sick. He has railed against economic inequality and has criticized the anti-gay and anti-abortion strains that have come to dominate the Christian Right here in America. Such ideological extremism is dangerous, not only to Christianity, but to the world. And Pope Francis said as much last Thursday.
Pope Francis called right-wing Christian fundamentalism a sickness.
During a daily Mass last week, Pope Francis called ideological Christianity “an illness” that doesn’t serve Jesus Christ. Instead, it “frightens” people and pushes them away from religion.
According to Radio Vatican, the Pope said:
“In ideologies there is not Jesus: in his tenderness, his love, his meekness. And ideologies are rigid, always. Of every sign: rigid. And when a Christian becomes a disciple of the ideology, he has lost the faith: he is no longer a disciple of Jesus, he is a disciple of this attitude of thought… For this reason Jesus said to them:‘You have taken away the key of knowledge.’ The knowledge of Jesus is transformed into an ideological and also moralistic knowledge, because these close the door with many requirements. The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people. But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/21/pope-...
Wow. He really has you and JM and Knutter pegged, eh??
This pope seems like a normal human being.
How refreshing!
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313927 Oct 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
None of what you said is true. Tiller and Gosnell's aborted late term aborted babies wern't sick or mal formed. If they were they would have had their abortions done by their own GYN's in a hospital.
Where's your documentation backing your claims? No where. Because these are erroneous.

How can you lie to yourself over this issue? It's so consistent as to be convenient, imo.
The Brilliant Chick

Newtown, CT

#313928 Oct 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
This pope seems like a normal human being.
How refreshing!
Hi Katie! I agree about the Pope. These catholic cult crazies on topix are going to have to finally do some soul searching if they are going to follow this pope. I am guessing they hadn't seen the story based on the sudden silence from the rubber room crew.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313929 Oct 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your documentation backing your claims? No where. Because these are erroneous.
How can you lie to yourself over this issue? It's so consistent as to be convenient, imo.
Did you see all the pictures of the dead fetuses laying around Gosnell's building? Even Tiller in interviews says he aborted sixty thousand fetuses to help the women.
The Brilliant Chick

Newtown, CT

#313930 Oct 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
None of what you said is true. Tiller and Gosnell's aborted late term aborted babies wern't sick or mal formed. If they were they would have had their abortions done by their own GYN's in a hospital.
What is wrong with you? Why lie??

Late term abortion is a specialty. Not everyone is trained to do them. The typical ob/gyn isn't. Those who are trained are under constant threat of death by "pro lifers" like yourself so don't think its worth dying over. You people are an immoral threat to a civil society. All late term abortions are done for verified medical reasons. Only anti abortion crazies like to deny that fact in order to justify harassing women in mourning. Its disgusting.

Btw, did you see what the Pope said about your sickness?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313931 Oct 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, what part of "virtually all" don't you understand? Sorry, nevermind, I keep forgetting just how stupid you really are. My bad.
Two, what he SAID is that women don't wait that long JUST because they don't want to remain pregnant. Prove that even THOSE women who went to Gosnell wanted abortion JUST because they simply didn't want to be pregnant anymore, and not for some other reason.
He was convicted of doing illegal abortions. Now why would they be illegal? Maybe because there was no medical reason for the abortion.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313932 Oct 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. It's that simple.
One, he didn't say anything about "human being". He said the fetus is not a baby.
Two, the phrase "human being" is philosophical, and hence subject to OPINION.
Three, WHO is getting their philosophy from "abortion clinics"? No one, that's who.
You're too stupid for words to convey.
Human being is subject to opinion.

Enough said. You are nuts.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313933 Oct 22, 2013
The Brilliant Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Katie! I agree about the Pope. These catholic cult crazies on topix are going to have to finally do some soul searching if they are going to follow this pope. I am guessing they hadn't seen the story based on the sudden silence from the rubber room crew.
Agreed. Or they'd seen it and chose to ignore it.
Have missed you and hope all is well with you. If you remember my old email, you can tack 215 at the end and it should reach me.
:)

An FYI for ya -- some PL/troll has tried several times to post as if they were you.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313934 Oct 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see all the pictures of the dead fetuses laying around Gosnell's building? Even Tiller in interviews says he aborted sixty thousand fetuses to help the women.
Have read extensively of both. And still do not believe your claims.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313935 Oct 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, what part of "virtually all" don't you understand? Sorry, nevermind, I keep forgetting just how stupid you really are. My bad.
Two, what he SAID is that women don't wait that long JUST because they don't want to remain pregnant. Prove that even THOSE women who went to Gosnell wanted abortion JUST because they simply didn't want to be pregnant anymore, and not for some other reason.
Can you read do you think these fetuses that were aborted late, late enough to live were all faulty in some way? You are nuts.

Killing fetuses is an ugly business and a disgusting way to make a living.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/13/18...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,710,296
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 45 min Trojan 35,588
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Fuggs 12,234
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb 21 ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web