Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#313853 Oct 20, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You tell a different story about how long you've been married.
I've lied plenty and what it says is with or without God we're no different. It says I am just as "christian" and "righteous" a person as you are and it says you are not as "christian" and "righteous" as you think you are.
My story never changes, that's the great thing about telling the truth, since one never has to try and remember their lies.

As far as you being as good as me? You would be sad, if you're not far better than I am. From what you've said in the past you appear to be a very "good" person, but if the price admission to a movie is 20 bucks, it wouldn't matter if you only have 1 dollar, or 19 dollars, because either way you're not getting in.

The price to enter Heaven is Sinless perfection.

Now since we all have sinned, and do sin, that leaves us with a Huge problem!

Yet a problem God has solved, and is offered to us as a free gift.
I have simply accepted that free gift.

That's the difference dear.

You may call me arrogant or whatever, but you know that I'm not when it comes to this,after all how can someone boast about being good enough to enter Heaven, when the ONLY reason they get to go, is because another payed for their ticket.
VoteVets Org

AOL

#313854 Oct 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have to make sense to you. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the people who answered. What YOU think is irrelevant.
I'm sure they make perfect sense to them too. Stupidity always makes sense to the stupid.

But the reality is, no one can ever reconcile 66% believing RvW should NOT be overturned but only 50% saying they are pro choice.

I like your posts. They're good for comic relief.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313855 Oct 20, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they make perfect sense to them too. Stupidity always makes sense to the stupid.
But the reality is, no one can ever reconcile 66% believing RvW should NOT be overturned but only 50% saying they are pro choice.
I like your posts. They're good for comic relief.
Obviously they can, since they do.

What's truly amusing is you thinking you get to decide who gets to consider themselves pro-life and pro-choice.

You don't.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#313856 Oct 20, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be in a church somewhere slurping up Jeezus blood and feasting on Jeezus flesh?
Chicky works for a Catholic organization. Chicky gets paid by a Catholic organization.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#313857 Oct 20, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey teabagger, you don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic.
The fact remains that 28% of those who've had an abortion identify themselves as Catholic.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Feces posted: "You don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic."

^^^ An atheist speaking for the Catholic Church.^^^

(You can't make this stuff up....)
Fred

Pine Ridge, SD

#313858 Oct 20, 2013
All resolved now.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313859 Oct 20, 2013
The majority of people want RvW to stand, even those who oppose abortion. BTW-you cannot [email protected] a small government that interferes with the medical choices of its people.
Brahms lullaby wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. Executing your child because it's unwanted is not a medical choice that people don't want the gov't involved in. My body,my choice doesn't involve be thinking that I have a right to slaughter my child within my body.

Indianapolis

#313860 Oct 20, 2013
Good. Less money for the church to use against women and gays.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky works for a Catholic organization. Chicky gets paid by a Catholic organization.

Indianapolis

#313861 Oct 20, 2013
Gee, fuzznuts, I`m an atheist and was raised catholic. Having been baptized, the church STILL considers me a member.

In point of fact, however, he wasn`t speaking FOR the church, but about it.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
VoteVets Org

AOL

#313862 Oct 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously they can, since they do.
Where ? No one has reconciled the discrepancy. You want to be the first to try ?
Go ahead.
What's truly amusing is you thinking you get to decide who gets to consider themselves pro-life and pro-choice.
That's not even the slightest bit amusing.
You don't.
I never said I did. Doesn't alter the discrepancy.
VoteVets Org

AOL

#313863 Oct 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
PeoplE may not conside themselves pro-choice but still recognize that rhe government should not interfere in peoples` medical decisions. You know, that small governmenT teabaggers keep moaning about?
<quoted text>
If the government makes abortion illegal then it IS interfering in peoples' medical decisions. If I believe that government should NOT be interfering in peoples' medical decisions then I believe they should be keeping abortion a legal option available to all.
That makes me pro choice.

Keep twisting.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313864 Oct 20, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Where ? No one has reconciled the discrepancy. You want to be the first to try ?
Go ahead.
<quoted text>
That's not even the slightest bit amusing.
<quoted text>
I never said I did. Doesn't alter the discrepancy.
They reconcile it by answering the poll. Obviously there are people who consider themselves pro-life yet still don't think the gov't should make such a decision for others.

That you want to pretend there is a discrepancy where there is none, is irrelevant.

That you believe you have the right to say what they can, and cannot consider themselves, IS amusing.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313865 Oct 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My story never changes, that's the great thing about telling the truth, since one never has to try and remember their lies.
As far as you being as good as me? You would be sad, if you're not far better than I am. From what you've said in the past you appear to be a very "good" person, but if the price admission to a movie is 20 bucks, it wouldn't matter if you only have 1 dollar, or 19 dollars, because either way you're not getting in.
You may call me arrogant or whatever, but you know that I'm not when it comes to this,after all how can someone boast about being good enough to enter Heaven, when the ONLY reason they get to go, is because another payed for their ticket.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#313866 Oct 20, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government makes abortion illegal then it IS interfering in peoples' medical decisions. If I believe that government should NOT be interfering in peoples' medical decisions then I believe they should be keeping abortion a legal option available to all.
That makes me pro choice.
Keep twisting.
Do you even read the drivel you write.. No, do not answer. It was rhetorical..
Not Rational

United States

#313867 Oct 20, 2013
NR is suffering from dementia brought on by consuming too much breast milk.
Notorious Retred

United States

#313868 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe the drool from your chin shifter brains.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#313869 Oct 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Gee, fuzznuts, I`m an atheist and was raised catholic. Having been baptized, the church STILL considers me a member.
In point of fact, however, he wasn`t speaking FOR the church, but about it.
<quoted text>
Were you stroking your scrotee while thinking up that post?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313870 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyaDontKnow: "Well since you're gonna go with stats from an article from 2004..."
You make a lot of (wrong) assumptions.
The study I'm using is 2013 from Pew Research.
http://www.pewresearch.org/key-data-points/u-...
The Catholics used for the study included the nearly 1/5 of "Catholics" who seldom/never attend and the 20% who attend a few times a year (i.e. non-practicing Catholics).
I'm sure the study also included Jews who are not practicing Judaism.
88% of Jews are proaborts (FYI: 72% of religiously unaffiliated Americans are proaborts)
This study indicates 51% of "Catholics" are proaborts
The fact of the matter is: ZERO percent of faithful Catholics are prochoice.
it makes no difference, Catholics have abortions same as any other.

Location hidden

#313871 Oct 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
your story does change. You can't be married in 1990 and be married 25 years. I could understand mixing up the numbers 22 vs 25, but not the years 1987 vs 1990.

Location hidden

#313872 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you stroking your scrotee while thinking up that post?
were you? You have issues using the proper terms? Scrotee? Seriously?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 47 min Yeah 1,383,693
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 255,312
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Into The Night 9,637
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA 15 hr predators still o... 1
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
More from around the web