Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322213 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#313762 Oct 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Grumpy: "Jews have coined an expression, "Righteous Gentile" to signify non-Jews who risked life on behalf of Jews, without regard to their personal belief."
Interesting.
What do you call Jews (like you) who support & promote Jews executing baby Jews in the womb...while displaying crocodile tears over the Halocaust?
We're no less righteous than the Popes that shed crocodile tears over the Holocaust.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313763 Oct 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Fetal life undergoes physiological changes during the birthing process. This involves the heart and respiration."
You're undergoing peri-menopausal physiological changes at your stage of life.
So........
So? I'm already born, not living off another's organ systems via umbilical cord.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313764 Oct 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^ Ut-oh. Katie posted another definition. She called such posts "sophomoric." Until it's not.^^^
Still continuing to display your lacking comprehension, I see. Whatever blows your hair back!
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#313765 Oct 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeterTurnedAwayAtBloodDonatio nSite: "You keep claiming that a DNA test says there is a human being in the womb, and it doesn`t."
The DNA result of preborn baby (who happens to be in the womb) most definitely indicates he/she is a unique/distinct human being.
Mom's body is not the baby's body.
Mom's right to convenience ends where another's body begins.
As usual you make up your own rules.
Your right to move your fist ends at my nose if I find it "inconvenient" for you to continue.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313766 Oct 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa: "...when asked about adopting an older, less-color-coordinated, or possibly 'damaged' kid, it's 'Oh no, no thanks, too much trouble. We'd rather go overseas, and get one more suited to our specs.'"
Yep - that was my assertion.

Rather than refute it with facts to the contrary, your response is:
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"KILL THEM!!!" - Proabort/Culture-Of-Death default response to issues
You said it - I didn't.

Next...
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313767 Oct 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Moron: An embryo is a mass of cells.
You're a mass of cells.
Ouch! Your rapier wit has cut me to the bone.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313768 Oct 18, 2013
Abortion will never be stopped. That is a guaranteed fact. It could be shoved back into the backstreet offices of the 1950's, but it will never stop. Women who want an abortion will have an abortion. It has always been and it will always be. Keep it safe, sanitary, and legal.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313769 Oct 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly he has pulled these numbers out of his pointed hat.
Life has been tough for many but not because they wern't aborted. Abortion is not the solution for child abuse. Start by teaching people to have respect for themselves and others and take personal responsibility for their actions. Stop being victims and grow up.
Are you taking about me saying that 1 in 4 pregnancies don't make it to term? If so, did you bother to research it yourself before making the above post?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/miscarriage/...

10-20 percent is the number they give. I was off by 5-15%.

Put your god on trial for snuffing out all those potential lives.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#313770 Oct 18, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another great post ? Your standards must be exceedingly low. The post was horrible and exhibited a total lack of understanding. Christian dogma does not forbid judging. Life is a series of judgments. We judge people each and every day. Christian dogma only says that we should judge in a manner we would expect to be judged ourselves.
Stop being a fawning lickspittle. Think before you post.
"Judge not lest ye be judged..."

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313771 Oct 18, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another terrible post you just blindly fawn over. "J"'s post was inaccurate and a biased stereotype of those who are PL. I don't believe even close to what she says and neither does any PL person I know. None of us would want what she said if we had our "druthers". She stereotypes an entire group based on the beliefs of a small fringe and you applaud her like a blind seal.
Do you oppose infanticide and agree there should be laws against it? If you do does that mean you support the 24/7 government/law enforcement monitoring of mothers and fathers to insure that they don't do anything that the government believes might be detrimental to their child's health?
Bravo J ??? Think before you post.
It must've been a rude awakening to see your groups control-freakish ways described so accurately in such raw and graphic detail.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313772 Oct 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, your jesus said to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but he also said judge not LEST ye yeself be judged. Not the same thing. Judging is supposed to be left to your deity.
<quoted text>
It's amazing how hard the fundies try to bastardize and rewrite their bible to suit their needs at any given moment.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#313773 Oct 18, 2013
"Husker Du" brayed the a$$ she is
If the hospital lined infants up and shot them, you would be soooo happy, you are a sick freak.

damm you are the sick one,this is not the first time you have said something this incredably stupid,and i doubt it will be the last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#313775 Oct 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, your jesus said to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but he also said judge not LEST ye yeself be judged. Not the same thing. Judging is supposed to be left to your deity.
<quoted text>
Sorry my misguided brother....

"Do not judge lest you be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. And why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

Clearly He is NOT forbidding judging but rather, He is saying that in order to righteously judge one must first examine themselves. And the standard by which one DOES judge others will in turn be the standard used to judge them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#313776 Oct 18, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judge not lest ye be judged..."
See above.

If I even suspected you might be capable of admitting you were wrong, I'd ask you if you felt ashamed. But I won't.

Think before you post.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#313777 Oct 18, 2013
Got them all ..did you mods?

How is it pro-lifers can hurt folk and I can't help just one?

You not only removed my post on this thread, but you did every one I put up.

I've every right to be angry at people that never met me, know me not..judge me. Hurt me beyond measure...so forth and so on...

All I was asking was for one of them to take in a child no one wants.

Thanks!
My so bad.

Location hidden

#313778 Oct 18, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how hard the fundies try to bastardize and rewrite their bible to suit their needs at any given moment.
In accordance with Jesus's word, I am prepared to be judged by the same standard which enabled me to judge you hopelessly ignorant.
:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#313779 Oct 18, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Fringe group?
Yes, fringe group. Those PL who as you said, if they had their druthers, would be want close monitoring of pregnant women for any activity that would or could be construed as fetal unfriendly and who would want to slap an ankle bracelet on her and place her under house arrest, or secure her to a bed until she gives birth, or who believes a woman is only a vessel.
You are totally off base if you think that type of thought represents anything even close to what the majority of PL believe.

There's yet been an argument against abortion that would trump a woman's right to choose - unless you have something new?
I'll answer this even though it has absolutely nothing to do with your inaccurate assertion regarding what PL believe.
There certainly HAS been an argument against abortion that trumps a woman's right to choose. You just haven't accepted it. Doesn't mean the argument hasn't been made. The right to life will always trump the right to privacy, which is the constitutional right on which the right to choose is based. It is the PC faction that has made the philosophical determination that the right to life does not exist on the basis of the life's venue and it's stage of development.
THAT is the arbitrary philosophical argument that will never trump the right to life.
Infanticide? That's a huge leap.
I made no such leap. I only made an analogy which obviously flew over your head.
And that is.....one can believe that an activity should be outlawed while at the same time believing that 24/7 government oversight is not warranted.
Don't like the infanticide reference ? Then I can say I believe in laws against cruelty to animals while at the same time NOT believe that the law enforcement should be monitoring pet owners on a daily basis to insure they don't do anything that would could be construed as pet unfriendly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313781 Oct 18, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
See above.
If I even suspected you might be capable of admitting you were wrong, I'd ask you if you felt ashamed. But I won't.
Think before you post.
Then you fundies are being judged the way you judge others, so stop complaining.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313782 Oct 18, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, fringe group. Those PL who as you said, if they had their druthers, would be want close monitoring of pregnant women for any activity that would or could be construed as fetal unfriendly and who would want to slap an ankle bracelet on her and place her under house arrest, or secure her to a bed until she gives birth, or who believes a woman is only a vessel.
You are totally off base if you think that type of thought represents anything even close to what the majority of PL believe.
<quoted text>
I'll answer this even though it has absolutely nothing to do with your inaccurate assertion regarding what PL believe.
There certainly HAS been an argument against abortion that trumps a woman's right to choose. You just haven't accepted it. Doesn't mean the argument hasn't been made. The right to life will always trump the right to privacy, which is the constitutional right on which the right to choose is based. It is the PC faction that has made the philosophical determination that the right to life does not exist on the basis of the life's venue and it's stage of development.
THAT is the arbitrary philosophical argument that will never trump the right to life.
<quoted text>
I made no such leap. I only made an analogy which obviously flew over your head.
And that is.....one can believe that an activity should be outlawed while at the same time believing that 24/7 government oversight is not warranted.
Don't like the infanticide reference ? Then I can say I believe in laws against cruelty to animals while at the same time NOT believe that the law enforcement should be monitoring pet owners on a daily basis to insure they don't do anything that would could be construed as pet unfriendly.
Lovely. So what would you propose as punishment for having an abortion, since you also want to punish the woman with unwanted motherhood, and punish the child by forcing it to be born to a woman who didn't want to give birth?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313783 Oct 18, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
In accordance with Jesus's word, I am prepared to be judged by the same standard which enabled me to judge you hopelessly ignorant.
:-)
And I'm supposed to care what some anonymous pontificater with a Messiah complex thinks because....?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min russianrepukes 1,658,182
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 43 min Trojan 35,097
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 51 min Patriot AKA Bozo 11,914
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web