Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311342 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#313684 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous.
One, you can't hate what you don't believe in.
Two, she's not employed by "God".
Exactly, she is employed by the RCC that she hates and thinks is evil. Would you work for someone you think is evil?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313685 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If you remove the fetus, duh, it dies. I swear talking to you is like talking to a block of wood.
How'd you manage to come up with that when she said, "If the fetus dies for some reason isn't naturally expelled, it's known as what? An incomplete spontaneous abortion,"?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313686 Oct 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Pregnancy involves a developing child. When that life dies, the woman is no longer pregnant.
Ignoring what I said doesn't change the truth of it.

The pregnancy ends when the embryo/fetus is REMOVED, not before.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313687 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If you remove the fetus, duh, it dies. I swear talking to you is like talking to a block of wood.
Again you're denying there is any such thing as a survivor of a "botched abortion"?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313688 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here's your chance miss butinski. Where are the stats for hundreds of thousands of children born to women who didn't abort because it wasn't legal. Show me what became of them.
Since we don't have stats on how many were born as opposed to how many aborted, how could I?

However, there ARE many accounts of the horrid conditions suffered by unwanted children in orphanages through the ages.

Google some of them.

You are simply too stupid to understand what is being said to you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313689 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody hates what they don't believe in. Do you hate the Easter Bunny? Santa Claus? Unicorns?
If the Catholic hospital is the biggest employer in your community, would you work for them even if you're an atheist? Many atheists do work for Catholic hospitals.
Why are you guys so prejudiced when it comes to people like Chicky? What are you so damn afraid of?
They're not. It was just No Relevance's lame attempt to distract from Knutter's filth and hypocrisy.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313690 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't abortion is an ugly business?
I think reproductive care is the private business of individuals. I think the majority of medical procedures can be ugly and gruesome. I think the PLM's use of falsities to steal women's civil rights out from under them is not only ugly but immoral.

Why would you even need to ask when I used the words So Is? Together these mean -- in addition to. Are you really this ignorant of the English language? Or is just an act online?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313691 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd you manage to come up with that when she said, "If the fetus dies for some reason isn't naturally expelled, it's known as what? An incomplete spontaneous abortion,"?
We were talking about the fetus dying because the mother went to a doctor to have it killed and removed so that she wouldn't be pregnant anymore. Her ramblings don't count as she can't follow the subject or doesn't like it and makes up another.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313692 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, she is employed by the RCC that she hates and thinks is evil. Would you work for someone you think is evil?
She is employed by a subsidiary of the Catholic Church. She does not work directly for them. Do not know the very basics of business?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313693 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you're denying there is any such thing as a survivor of a "botched abortion"?
We wern't talking about botched abortions although we could if you want to go there. We were talking about intentional successful abortions where the fetus is removed and the mother is no longer pregnant.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313694 Oct 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>So you think the "unwanted" deserve a death sentence? There are(planned) children in homes today that feel unwanted and loved. They suffer. Should we put them out of their misery? How about the ones in foster homes/orphanges that will never be so called "wanted". What about them? Kill them all?
Damn, you are being totally asinine, aren't you? Nobody has said they wanted to kill those kids who were already dumped and abandoned.

However, do you suggest we add to that already dire existence by forcing women to have more unwanted babies? Why would you want to sentence a child to that life of misery? Selfish ass.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313695 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us knows where, exactly, she's working. Maybe that particular part of it isn't "evil" to her. I don't know her circumstances, and neither do you.

Besides, as I just said to Katie, bringing up Chicky's employment was just a lame attempt to deflect from Knutter's filth being quoted right back at her. Your speculations mean nothing, and it's no one's business anyway.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313696 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think reproductive care is the private business of individuals. I think the majority of medical procedures can be ugly and gruesome. I think the PLM's use of falsities to steal women's civil rights out from under them is not only ugly but immoral.
Why would you even need to ask when I used the words So Is? Together these mean -- in addition to. Are you really this ignorant of the English language? Or is just an act online?
And I think killing anyone including your own unborn baby is about as ugly and immoral as it gets.

I feel so sorry for those women who eventually realize their mistake and suffer emotionally for a long time.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313697 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She is employed by a subsidiary of the Catholic Church. She does not work directly for them. Do not know the very basics of business?
The Church doesn't have subsidiaries. It's all under one roof.

Who do you think supports Catholic Charities.
Gtown71

United States

#313698 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were the same old shallow person that you used to be, the pro aborts would love you.
No doubt.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313699 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we don't have stats on how many were born as opposed to how many aborted, how could I?
However, there ARE many accounts of the horrid conditions suffered by unwanted children in orphanages through the ages.
Google some of them.
You are simply too stupid to understand what is being said to you.
Exactly he has pulled these numbers out of his pointed hat.

Life has been tough for many but not because they wern't aborted. Abortion is not the solution for child abuse. Start by teaching people to have respect for themselves and others and take personal responsibility for their actions. Stop being victims and grow up.
Gtown71

United States

#313701 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gtown's claiming his righteousness was imputed to him, he's basically claiming he has none. That's why I asked if he understood what imputed means. I take it you don't understand what it means either. Or it's wrongly been used around you and you know no different.
<blink> <blink>
Well being that "my" righteoisness, is as filthy rags in the sight of God, then why would I want any of my own?

I have Gods righteousness imputed unto me.

If you ever "get it " you would have plenty :)
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313702 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us knows where, exactly, she's working. Maybe that particular part of it isn't "evil" to her. I don't know her circumstances, and neither do you.
Besides, as I just said to Katie, bringing up Chicky's employment was just a lame attempt to deflect from Knutter's filth being quoted right back at her. Your speculations mean nothing, and it's no one's business anyway.
For all anyone knows, Chicky is no longer employed by the same employer as when she posted last. The shootings affected everyone around her community, including her. No matter how the fundies use her to distract from their own nonsense, Chicky is a good, warm-hearted person who doesn't deserve their vitriol.

However, my atheist mother was employed by a local Catholic hospital here for over 20yrs, so I do know of what I speak. She was friends with a lot of the nuns, who in turn were friendly with the nurses. The fundies can continue to dismiss and discount what we say, even as we know we have the truth on our side.
Gtown71

United States

#313703 Oct 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, funny topic!
The truth is that youre on here blabbing about "kill at will" while knowing from your own baby momas experience that women go through a lot when faced with a pregnancy.
You are a sick f@&!
Yes she did go through a lot, and so did I., but that's what happens when you choose to live that way.

It's called consequences, which is a word many on here don't like.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313704 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the fetus dying because the mother went to a doctor to have it killed and removed so that she wouldn't be pregnant anymore. Her ramblings don't count as she can't follow the subject or doesn't like it and makes up another.
No, we were talking about what an abortion "terminates", which is the pregnancy, whether spontaneously or induced, BY THE REMOVAL OF THE EMBRYO/FETUS. The pregnancy isn't over until the embryo/fetus is removed.

Now, answer my question. Are you denying that there are survivors of "botched abortions"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min BIBLE NEWS 1,395,407
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 40 min Earthling-1 9,864
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 hr ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web