Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312664 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313617 Oct 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a bad time to misspell obtuse. Who's obtuse now?
You don't know the difference between a "typo" and a "misspelling" so I would guess that YOU would be the obtuse one.

Learn the difference. Knowledge is good.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313618 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Imputed means to credit or blame falsely. I didn't make it up. I didn't create it.
But your religion uses it. I say it uses it wrongly. If you think it's used correctly, great. I think you and the other "two billion" people have been misled. Sorta like the authorities were during the, um, scandal of the last century.
It means a lot of things but I showed you what it meant in his context, the biblical context and he used it correctly. Again it is just your opinion as to 'who' is being misled.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313619 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You make an erroneous judgements so that you don't have to stress your brain with thinking.
I stated facts. Refute them if you can, instead of resorting to impugning my intelligence.

I'll wait...

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313620 Oct 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did file, but stopped it, and yes I'm still a filthy sinner, and always will be, BUT God no longer sees me as a sinner, and that's the only difference in a lost person and saved.
No I'm pretty sure you said they were divorced. Past tense means they were beyond the filing stage. So I guess now they got back together.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313621 Oct 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It does? Are you saying that aborting an unwanted pregnancy is not only 'sense' but COMMON SENSE? And you accuse ME of promoting abortion. Wow.
Just wow.
Really....that's the most interesting comment you've ever made.
<quoted text>Unlike your 'Godlike judgments' of how humans should behave with regard to sex, of course.
My belief system doesn't hand responsibility for making judgments about my life, to a deity. I reserve that responsibility on my own behalf. Your belief system may differ, and require you to cop-out on this responsibility for exercising your own judgment, by passing the buck to 'God'.
To each her own.
<quoted text>AIDS can be cured now.(Or 'killed' if you prefer.) Some people with AIDS still have unprotected sex. Does that mean we should withhold the cure when people get AIDS? They knew they were risking a sexually transmitted disease, by having sex,'protected' or not.
<quoted text>Are you telling me you're okay with the fact that it IS??????
Many "Non-motherly" women are also NOT GETTING PREGNANT. You'd prefer to stick to your script, and ignore them, apparently, than acknowledge their numbers are growing. Abortion rates are going down, remember?
Why are you picking an argument when there is none?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313622 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There was quite a bit more to women having the rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy than just "having acces to abortion was to prevent non motherly women from having babies."
<blink> <blink>
I know that is what you want to believe but it's just a way to get rid of a problem that is inconvenient.

There is no lofty civil rights issue. It is what it is. Enjoy it for what it is.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313623 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is blaming who for what?
Really? You don't understand your own doctrine?

God blames Adam and all of mankind is held responsible.

God sacrifices Jesus to absolve mankind of the very sin He imputed upon mankind.

Mankind only has to believe Jesus is the Son of God to be absolved of the very sin God imputed onto mankind.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what it means at all.
is used to designate any action or word or thing as reckoned to a person. Thus in doctrinal language (1) the sin of Adam is imputed to all his descendants, i.e., it is reckoned as theirs, and they are dealt with therefore as guilty; (2) the righteousness of Christ is imputed to them that believe in him, or so attributed to them as to be considered their own; and (3) our sins are imputed to Christ, i.e., he assumed our "law-place," undertook to answer the demands of justice for our sins. In all these cases the nature of imputation is the same (Rom. 5:12-19; comp. Philemon 1:18, 19).
I believe he was referring to #2
Yeah, seems like a bunch of head games. No wonder people find the dysfunction distasteful and leave the religion behind.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313624 Oct 17, 2013
There's a difference between being unable to feel pain and being anesthetized, idiot. Embryos have no awareness or ability to think.

No wonder you identify with them.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "What would an embryo/fetus have for comparison of life? They're incubated in a womb full of amniotic fluid that keeps them anesthized."
Children born with CIP (Congenital Insensitivity to Pain) hide from Katie V.
BTW: Preborn try desperately to escape the threatening & pain-inducing weapons of the abortionistic-executioner.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313625 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what 'imputed righteousness' means.
Color me mistaken; I missed that "imputed" part. Still doesn't excuse his self righeousssness and arrogance.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313626 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that is what you want to believe but it's just a way to get rid of a problem that is inconvenient.
There is no lofty civil rights issue. It is what it is. Enjoy it for what it is.
You are wrong. It most certainly is a civil rights issue. The reason people like you want to pretend it's not, is so that you don't look like the asses you are for not fully supporting civil rights for all citizens. Just like the issue of same sex marriage.

Indianapolis

#313627 Oct 17, 2013
So you're so stupid and w3eak that the government has to keep you from making choices? THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KIDS AT ALL. We already have the teabaggers; we don't need any more drooling idiots.

Why would a doctor allow an addict to tell him what to do when HE is the expert?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly don't know where you get that I don't take care of my child, but at any rate -I could've talk her into an abortion, but instead talked her out of one.
Just saying that option shouldn't have been available to us at.
Why not let drug addicts tell the doc how much med to give them, regardless if they truly need it?
It's their body, should be their decision, should it not?
The thing is, if she had left me, and did get an abortion, I wouldn't have had a say.
I'm the only reason he's here, but will Never tell him that.
Her getting pregnant was one of the greatest things to happen to me, since it played a major role in me knowing God.
People who find themselves in those places get "real" if they care at all about anything, others are just playing.
I truly do feel for those that are "there ",but an abortion is NOT what she nor I needed.
A life check is what we needed. It's what we got!
So what qualifies you or others to have power over the life of others?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313628 Oct 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did file, but stopped it, and yes I'm still a filthy sinner, and always will be, BUT God no longer sees me as a sinner, and that's the only difference in a lost person and saved.
Such arrogance to claim you know how god perceives you and that you are no longer a sinner. You fundies are such an absurd group.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313629 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You make an erroneous judgements so that you don't have to stress your brain with thinking.
You made erroneous statements and conclusions from that pro choice website so that you don't have to stress your brain with thinking.

Kneel at your altar of fundamentalism.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313630 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There's a difference between being unable to feel pain and being anesthetized, idiot. Embryos have no awareness or ability to think.
No wonder you identify with them.
<quoted text>
Exactly. An embryo does not even have a heartbeat until the fifth week of pregnancy. It's merely a mass of evolving cells at that point.

Indianapolis

#313631 Oct 17, 2013
I'm a gay atheist and I've never cheated on anyone, even though I had several chances. That's because my moral choices are based on respecting relationships, not just something some preacher said.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
She already knows.
All things aren't good, but all things work for the good, to them that belong to God.
I can't and don't blame you or others.
You are only being who you are.
If you ever do get sick of who you are, just know there is One who can help you.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313632 Oct 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Color me mistaken; I missed that "imputed" part. Still doesn't excuse his self righeousssness and arrogance.
It is actually the opposite of self righteousness.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313633 Oct 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Such arrogance to claim you know how god perceives you and that you are no longer a sinner. You fundies are such an absurd group.
It isn't arrogant to say that God loves me. God loves everyone. He isn't claiming exclusive love from the Almighty. He is inviting you to feel the same.

That may seem absurd to you but his feeling about how God, through His mercy has changed his life is genuine.

Indianapolis

#313634 Oct 17, 2013
You would not abort. That's fine. But it doesn't make you smarter, holier, or better than a woman who does abort. Your view of the fetus and its importance is an opinion, not fact.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That wouldn't be a choice for me. I could do nothing else, plus I would have faith that things would work out well.
Some people feel obligated and responsible for their actions and not put a death sentence on someone else.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313635 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. It most certainly is a civil rights issue. The reason people like you want to pretend it's not, is so that you don't look like the asses you are for not fully supporting civil rights for all citizens. Just like the issue of same sex marriage.
Abortion is only a way to get rid of an inconvenient situation caused by a skrew up.

What is wrong with that? Why argue about what abortion does?

Indianapolis

#313636 Oct 17, 2013
She provides work for remuneration. Why would she quit? You don't have to agree with one's employer.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It would take guts to stand on principal and quit . Guess she can only take on unborn babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Dept of State 1,457,927
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Brew In 32,590
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web