Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 340704 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#313562 Oct 17, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I love rubbing it in his self righteous face.
Again you're wrong.
The ONLY righteousness I have was imputed to me.

Every human alive either has imputed righteousness OR they are self righteous,so which one are you?

Answer : self
Gtown71

United States

#313563 Oct 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure you tell your female servant, I mean your wife, that impregnating your mistress was one offend greatest things to happen to you.
She already knows.

All things aren't good, but all things work for the good, to them that belong to God.

I can't and don't blame you or others.
You are only being who you are.

If you ever do get sick of who you are, just know there is One who can help you.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313566 Oct 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pin a cookie on YOU missy.
Some women responsibly decline to bring another unwanted/unhealthy child into the world.
YOU may believe that's being irresponsible. I don't. Every child should be wanted, by his/her parents.
Can you give me a reason why they shouldn't be?
Cuz a helluva lot of 'em aren't.
I thought women got rid of all the unwanted ones through abortion. Isn't why you are pro choice? There shouldn't be any unwanted babies being born anymore. I assume women who are having babies want them.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313567 Oct 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>and you'd love to see it dismantled, as you are convinced that 90% of those families "don't really need it," and that the system is riddled with fraud.
You've said so, many times.
Quit talking out of both sides of your face: you can't claim that no one should starve because there are food stamps available, and also declare your disgust with government food assistance, and still claim to be 'pro-life' when in reality you are anything BUT pro-life.
You're pro fetus. Period.
I don't have to talk out of both sides since you speak for me anyway.

I never said any such thing.
If I could speak for myself I would never want SNAP or any government help dismantled. There are needy people out there.

Is there fraud and misuse, yes. Fix that and there would be more for those who need help.

Your personal attacks are a waste of your time and mine. Surely you can come up with something more constructive.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313568 Oct 17, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
Being dead is a Hell of a lot worse than being unwanted.
-
Tell ya what,... We can do a fun experiment together. You go and try "dead" a while, and I'll go try out "unwanted" then we will meet back here in 18 years and compare notes.
It always amazes me that people who advocate death over any life don't understand the human spirit and it's will to live and thrive. How many millions of people come out of less than ideal circumstances and become awesome success stories. Who lives in an ideal world anyway?

Love your challenge.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313569 Oct 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you're wrong.
The ONLY righteousness I have was imputed to me.
Every human alive either has imputed righteousness OR they are self righteous,so which one are you?
Answer : self
Do you know what imputed means?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313570 Oct 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me??? You didn't twist it?
Post 313339
<quoted text>
"they do admit that it doesn't matter if it is a human being only the mother's right to kill it matters."
Killing wasn't mention once.
"The point of that link" in YOUR eyes was...well, not even worth repeating because that is your subjective garbage. And you wonder why you can be viewed as extreme?
Abort it --- kill it = Same thing, dead fetus.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313571 Oct 17, 2013
That includes gestation.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is guaranteed except death.

Indianapolis

#313572 Oct 17, 2013
And that would be your right to choose. Other women will make other choices, as is their right. All choices are equally valid.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody thinks different but I know that I would take the responsibility for the life I created and if I couldn't keep it I would take the responsibility of seeing that he/she was placed in a good home with loving parents.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313573 Oct 17, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>What this shows and you don't seem to want to admit is that there are 100,000+ available right now that NOBODY seems to want.
At any given moment 100,000 are available but that is not the same 100,000 children. The number may stay the same but the children don't. Daily new kids are becomming available and other kids are leaving with new parents.

I don't think you understand the process.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313574 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That includes gestation.
<quoted text>
That's true.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313575 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what imputed means?
Do you know what righteousness means?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313576 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And that would be your right to choose. Other women will make other choices, as is their right. All choices are equally valid.
<quoted text>
That wouldn't be a choice for me. I could do nothing else, plus I would have faith that things would work out well.

Some people feel obligated and responsible for their actions and not put a death sentence on someone else.
grumpy

Huntington Station, NY

#313577 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree wit the idea behind your philosophy, my outlook is centered further back. But I'll get back to that. I don't think anyone should have a life or death decision if they are not qualified to make it.
You see I don't even believe there should be the question of a life/death decision.
I believe in choice, I believe women should have that choice.
But the choice of whether to terminate a potential human, genetically distinct from the mother, or not is a question that doesn't need to be asked.
I believe the choice is whether or not to become pregnant in the first place. I have no qualms about abortion being used in cases of rape or incest, but you want to give the power of life and death to someone, who in the year 2013 in the US of A, can't manage to figure out how to go to Planned Parenthood or a doctor, or clinic in order to prevent becoming pregnant in the first place?
"I agree wit the idea behind your philosophy, my outlook is centered further back. But I'll get back to that."
Who gives a shlt where your outlook is centered!

Indianapolis

#313578 Oct 17, 2013
How does a non-sentient entity suffer? Unwanted children do suffer...some even kill themselves.
<quoted text>
Being dead is a Hell of a lot worse than being unwanted.
-
Tell ya what,... We can do a fun experiment together. You go and try "dead" a while, and I'll go try out "unwanted" then we will meet back here in 18 years and compare notes.

Indianapolis

#313579 Oct 17, 2013
It`s the woman`s body and her pregnancy. Abortion doesn`t center around the fetus.
<quoted text>
I agree wit the idea behind your philosophy, my outlook is centered further back. But I'll get back to that. I don't think anyone should have a life or death decision if they are not qualified to make it.
You see I don't even believe there should be the question of a life/death decision.
I believe in choice, I believe women should have that choice.
But the choice of whether to terminate a potential human, genetically distinct from the mother, or not is a question that doesn't need to be asked.
I believe the choice is whether or not to become pregnant in the first place. I have no qualms about abortion being used in cases of rape or incest, but you want to give the power of life and death to someone, who in the year 2013 in the US of A, can't manage to figure out how to go to Planned Parenthood or a doctor, or clinic in order to prevent becoming pregnant in the first place?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313580 Oct 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "In this article they do admit that it doesn't matter if it is a human being only the mother's right to kill it matters.
http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/ ... "
Feces: "Excuse me?"
________
A while back in a different thread I posed the following question to prochoicers:
"If you finally arrived at the conclusion that a unique, distinct human being is intentionally killed in an abortion, would it change your views on abortion?"
Guess what? NOT ONE prochoicer said it would change their views! Not Bitner, Katie, Foo, Kathwyn, Chicky, Nana, Ocean, etc.
Their reasoning? "It's not a matter of a human being in the womb, it's a matter of the woman wanting it there or not in her womb."
Would you like for me to ask the question again?
BTW: DNA analysis results of preborn babies already demonstrates unequivocally that a unique, distinct human being exists in the womb.
That's why I found the article quite startling and chilling. All of our efforts to prove that it is a child separate and unique is a waste of time because it doesn't matter. No pro abort cares that it is really a child being killed and not a wad of cells. All they care about is keeping abortion legal to allow themselves or their friends and family out of an irresponsible boo boo.

The problem is that the advertising of PP and others dehunanizes the child, the real deal and conflicted vulnerable young women fall for their financially profitable spiel and have the abortion. Later when they take the time to realize what was done, they often regret the choice they made.

Not evryone who has had an abortion is as coldhearted and callous as the women on here.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313581 Oct 17, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>"I agree wit the idea behind your philosophy, my outlook is centered further back. But I'll get back to that."
Who gives a shlt where your outlook is centered!
Don't you have something better to do?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313582 Oct 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting enough, Catholic bigot Chicky WORKS FOR a Catholic organization. She receives her paycheck from a Catholic Organization.
Hahahahaha!!!
The XXL betch is a mess.........
It would take guts to stand on principal and quit . Guess she can only take on unborn babies.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#313583 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
At any given moment 100,000 are available but that is not the same 100,000 children. The number may stay the same but the children don't. Daily new kids are becomming available and other kids are leaving with new parents.
I don't think you understand the process.
I'm pretty clear on the process and have dealt with it firsthand. Bottom line: there are way more children than there are families willing to step up to the plate to take them and that is a HUGE problem for those kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Quirky 1,760,709
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 35,930
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480