Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,657)

Showing posts 293,121 - 293,140 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Please tell me you know the difference between an 8wk embryo, a 40wk fetus, and a newborn"
Do you know the difference between a toddler, teenager and post-menopausal woman?
_________
Katie V.: "...size of a Tic Tac..."
"Drew Barrymore picked out her daughter Olive's name when she was still in the womb. On Thursday's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Will Kopelman's wife explained that their 10-week-old BABY GIRL was named for her size AT THE TIME.
"I never would have guessed that would have been the name," the 37-year-old actress said. "But I was reading a book with my husband. I was three months pregnant and they said your BABY is the size of an olive, and that was it. We never looked back."
http://www.today.com/entertainment/drew-barry...
_______
Of course lesbian proabort Ellen Degenerate had to get her stab in there by referring to baby Olive as "IT."
"IT could have been named kidney bean?" - Ellen
You know what's missing from your argument here? Logic.

It's Drew Barrymore's pregnancy, her baby, her civil right to do as she chooses. I support that, even though you lie about it.

Besides, Kurt Cobain and what's her face gave their daughter the middle name of Bean for the same reason.

So how does any of your post refute anything I said? It doesn't. Simple as that.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You say stupid shet all the time.
You are known for your dumbassery.
You're a joke.
Well, then, scroll.

I hear those blow up dollies need your attention. Get busy.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "There is no human being in the womb."
DNA analysis results have proven your wrong. Long ago. Keep up.
_______
Katie V.: "There is no son or daughter in the womb."
"It's A Girl!"...."It's A Boy!"... www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
_____
Katie V.: "There is potential"
Where does it say "It's A Potential Girl!" or "It's A Potential Boy!"
Oh, that's right, it doesn't. It says IS.
(unbelievable...more calendar quotes from Katie...)
A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes. Tried to help you learn to differentiate. But it went no where. Educate yourself or remain stuck on stupid. Either way works. In the meantime, just keep scrolling.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>This is just childish bullsh!t. I won't waste any more time on you, because you don't have anything worthwhile to say. It's like arguing with a third-grader. Just get back on the short bus and shut the fcuk up. I'm done with you, now.
Buckteeth: "I'm dong with you, now."

You were finished before you even entered the thread.

You sure get butthurt easily. Maybe you should spend some more time in Topix B-league?
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes. Tried to help you learn to differentiate. But it went no where. Educate yourself or remain stuck on stupid. Either way works. In the meantime, just keep scrolling.
Katie V.: "A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes. Tried to help you learn to differentiate."

Pffft.....you said a newborn remains a fetus for 48 hours after born.

You said calling a preborn baby "a useless was of cells" isn't offensive to anyone.

No, you're too lost to be able to teach.

You're a LIHOM (Legend In Your Own Mind).

Nothing more.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes."

Drew Barrymore called her daughter Olive when 3 months pregnant. If you read my post, you saw that Drew didn't say she named her "fetus," but her baby girl.

I don't consider her "immature" naming her daughter while in the womb. Her daughter was her daughter then...and now.

I don't think you are immature. I just think you are hateful, evil, self-absorbed and ignorant.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot with nothing to add to a debate. You keep parroting your asinine mantra, and I doubt you even know what you're saying. Sounds like something you read on a sign and wrote it down so you could try to sound like you're informed. Dumb ass.
I have three healthy children, all grown, so you don't know you ass from Supreme Court ruling. BUT, I would not bring another one into this world under any circumstances.
Gee, Buckwheat, I bet you'll win Grandma Of The Year someday. Grandma's who hate children usually make wonderful grandparents. I bet you have a wart on the end of your nose....naturally prepared for Halloween.

< End Sarcasm >
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then, scroll.
I hear those blow up dollies need your attention. Get busy.
You're wasting your time talking to that fat-assed moron. She only has one routine and runs it ad nauseum. Ignore the fat bitch and watch her squirm.
Edgar Aypo

Denpasar, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Isn't it about time Americans got over Roe v Wade ?
If a woman finds herself pregnant with a child she doesn't want, then it is her decision and hers alone,
whether or not to seek an abortion. All you bleeding hearts and right to life wankers out there need to get yourselves recalibrated.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes. Tried to help you learn to differentiate."
You said calling a preborn baby "a useless was of cells" isn't offensive to anyone.
Nothing more.
Who cares what term of endearment Drew Barrymore used for her fetus? She could call it a banana for all I care. It's got nothing to do with this debate. Your desperation is truly pathetic.

I'd bet they had a name for a boy picked out too. Most people don't know the gender at 10 weeks, despite the marketing ploy of your favorite website, Uterine Envy.

Picking out names means nothing. It's a potential name for a potential infant, who is not guaranteed to become an infant in reality anyway.

I had a girl's name picked out when I was sixteen, five years before I was even pregnant. First name at any rate. The child was four days old before we could agree on a middle name.

And NONE of this proves it's a "human being".

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do promote abortion and try to justify it on this thread.
It is clear that you support abortion for any reason and at any time of fetus development.
Where have I promoted abortion?

Have you ever seen me post the address of an abortion clinic?
Have I ever recommended a particular physician for the procedure?
Do I ever suggest that anyone participate in an abortion?

No, no, and let's see.....no.

It is clear I support a woman's choice to do whatever she feels necessary with her own pregnancies. Gestation, raising, relinquishment or abortion.

It's also clear you're not okay with that, and have to claim I promote abortion above all the other choices. I don't JUST support abortion...but you'd prefer to ignore that fact and label me a proabort.(Which is fine with me. You don't mind that I label you a fetus worshiper, do you? Good... glad we settled that one.)

It's also clear that you believe abortion requires a justification on the woman's part.

I don't.

Try again?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what makes you a mititant pro abort.
How am I militant?

I'm pro-choice.
You worship fetuses.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The population growth in the US is going down.
Just because the mother doesn't want it, that doesn't mean nobody does. There are thousands of couples wanting to adopt a baby and they are all being aborted. They are going to other countries to adopt children.
Sounds like you better start crankin' out some kids, girlfriend.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
The acorn vs. oak analogy used in defense of the "perform or die" pro-choice view of acquired humanity obscures the truth. Why do pro-aborts compare a plant to a human being? A more fitting analogy would be to compare one mammal to another, like a human to a cat or a horse or a dog. Why not compare mammal to mammal? Because such a comparison -- in which the unborn progeny of these other mammals are developing, growing, and living members of the same species as their parents, just as are unborn humans of their parents -- obviously points out the illogic of the pro-abort position.
And, consistent with pro-aborts' view of the value of human beings, "Oak trees and acorns are not equally valuable," write Robert George and Patrick Lee, "because the basis for their value is not WHAT they are but precisely those accidental [not substantive] characteristics by which oak trees differ from acorns. We value the ugly, decaying oak tree less than the magnificent, still flourishing one; and we value the mature, magnificent oak more than the small, still growing one. But we would never say the same about human beings."
Only artifacts (clocks, cars, cell phones) come into existence part by part. Living beings come into existence all at once. Because one can only develop certain functions by nature (a result of basic, intrinsic capacities) because of the sort of being one *is*, a human being at every stage of her development is never a potential person; she is *always* a person with potential, even if that potential is never actualized due to premature death or the result of the presence or deformity of a physical state necessary to actualize that potential.
Human beings are valuable and worth protecting at all stages of their lives because of who they are, not because of what they can or cannot do.
Here's your apt comparison, honey:

"Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague."

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>In the United States there are 13.69 births for every 8.38 deaths.
According to Adopt America there are 130,000 children in the U.S. foster care system waiting to be adopted. But, they are shit out of luck, because the "in" thing right now is for rich white couples to adopt non-white babies.
In the mean time we just keep adding to that 130,000 every day.
I still say it is more humane to abort an UNWANTED pregnancy in the first month than to dump it, like a stray pup, on an overcrowded child welfare system.
Now you've done it: you compared Ink's deity to a dog.

(She worships the fetus, you know...show some respect. Ink insists.)

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Sociopath being another word you don`t comprehend, obviously.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you have, feel guilty you do? i think you are a sociopath.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

What is it about analogies that you PLM zombies can`t understand? Analogies are not direct comparisons.

Scientifically speaking, an entity becomes a member of a species only after birth. BTW--some mammals can abort by choice; why should humans be constrained by genetics?
Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
The acorn vs. oak analogy used in defense of the "perform or die" pro-choice view of acquired humanity obscures the truth. Why do pro-aborts compare a plant to a human being? A more fitting analogy would be to compare one mammal to another, like a human to a cat or a horse or a dog. Why not compare mammal to mammal? Because such a comparison -- in which the unborn progeny of these other mammals are developing, growing, and living members of the same species as their parents, just as are unborn humans of their parents -- obviously points out the illogic of the pro-abort position.
And, consistent with pro-aborts' view of the value of human beings, "Oak trees and acorns are not equally valuable," write Robert George and Patrick Lee, "because the basis for their value is not WHAT they are but precisely those accidental [not substantive] characteristics by which oak trees differ from acorns. We value the ugly, decaying oak tree less than the magnificent, still flourishing one; and we value the mature, magnificent oak more than the small, still growing one. But we would never say the same about human beings."
Only artifacts (clocks, cars, cell phones) come into existence part by part. Living beings come into existence all at once. Because one can only develop certain functions by nature (a result of basic, intrinsic capacities) because of the sort of being one *is*, a human being at every stage of her development is never a potential person; she is *always* a person with potential, even if that potential is never actualized due to premature death or the result of the presence or deformity of a physical state necessary to actualize that potential.
Human beings are valuable and worth protecting at all stages of their lives because of who they are, not because of what they can or cannot do.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

You really NEED to put something up my ass, dontcha?

Sorry, but I don`t date outside my species.
King Edward II wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Are you prepared yet?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing more.
No, you are misquoting me and taking words out of context. Again. Seems to be all you're good at, NR. I said it takes the newborn brain up to 48hrs or longer to awaken out of its anesthetic sleep, to become completely aware. It's a medical fact any quick google or bing search will confirm. Guess that means you choose staying stuck on stupid. Figures.

Like Bitner said earlier, when all you have are lies, you've already lost the argument.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Mantra
Doctrine
Dogma
Talking points
Pick the word you like.
No, you can pick the words that you'd like to describe the "pro abort formula".

I'd like to know more about, and what you consider the "pro abort formula" to be, and does it directly oppose the fundie playbook that guides you?

Have a good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 293,121 - 293,140 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min forks_make_us_fat 1,033,452
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min ROCCO 216,285
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,073
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Mon Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Mon Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••