Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,565
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313383 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, don't you think it's time Americans find out if they want kids BEFORE they do the only thing that has ever caused pregnancies??
It's sad, but "most" of the over 3000 abortions done each day, are simply due to the fact two people let their lust get the best of them for just a momment, and now they must "choose " to allow the baby to live or die.
Even sadder, is that many will choose the die route, based on the fact, that if they choose the live route, it would put a damper on their future lust.
I hate to put a damper on your speculations, but women can have just as much sex while pregnant as when not pregnant. And often, it's even MORE fun.

Still, where have you EVER seen a woman give the reason "because I wouldn't be able to have sex" for having an abortion?
Gtown71

United States

#313384 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again lol. "Yielded to my flesh"? Seriously?
Ok, it is a Biblical term, and 100% accurate, but one could word it another way.
I had an affair becouse I wanted to.
I desired to.
I chose to.
I did it.
I'm guilty.
Is that better?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313385 Oct 16, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Secondly, abortion is a willful act. One must choose to abort. If something is going to occurr without intervention, one must make a decision to abort that occurrence. One does not refer to a malfunction of a system as a spontaneous abort, it is referred to as a failure..
A spontaneous abortion is an abortion so you saying "abortion is a willful act" is not entirely true.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313387 Oct 16, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>In the United States there are 13.69 births for every 8.38 deaths.
According to Adopt America there are 130,000 children in the U.S. foster care system waiting to be adopted. But, they are shit out of luck, because the "in" thing right now is for rich white couples to adopt non-white babies.
In the mean time we just keep adding to that 130,000 every day.
I still say it is more humane to abort an UNWANTED pregnancy in the first month than to dump it, like a stray pup, on an overcrowded child welfare system.
Those foster kids, most of the time are not adoptable. Most have parents and families and haven't been taken away permanently. When and if they do become available many are adopted by their foster families. God bless the people.

Why should a child have to be either aborted or dumped? There are so many other options.

I assume you wanted to have your own babies and did, so I think it is disengenuious to berate other folks who want the same, a baby.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313388 Oct 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes. Tried to help you learn to differentiate. But it went no where. Educate yourself or remain stuck on stupid. Either way works. In the meantime, just keep scrolling.
I think it is immature and unrealistic to think that fetus in the womb is anything but a baby. It doesn't change. It is the same entity inside or outside, just more mature.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313389 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what term of endearment Drew Barrymore used for her fetus? She could call it a banana for all I care. It's got nothing to do with this debate. Your desperation is truly pathetic.
I'd bet they had a name for a boy picked out too. Most people don't know the gender at 10 weeks, despite the marketing ploy of your favorite website, Uterine Envy.
Picking out names means nothing. It's a potential name for a potential infant, who is not guaranteed to become an infant in reality anyway.
I had a girl's name picked out when I was sixteen, five years before I was even pregnant. First name at any rate. The child was four days old before we could agree on a middle name.
And NONE of this proves it's a "human being".
This is what you have been fed and ate hook, line and sinker.

Basically it says that it doesn't matter that it is a human being.

Only the women choice counts.

http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313390 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! They are!
These are the same folks who say a woman having a miscarriage, and a woman having an abortion are the same!?!?:(
You've been added to the long list of liars here.

Nobody compared insects to children.

Induced and spontaneous abortion are the same. Both are the ending of pregnancy prior to term.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313391 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you have been fed and ate hook, line and sinker.
Basically it says that it doesn't matter that it is a human being.
Only the women choice counts.
I hate to tell you this, but I've never seen that site.

No, it's not something I've been fed. I don't eat off the spoon like you do.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313392 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Just wow
Yeah, you should be wowed. See, the comparison was heartbeats. Ink sure fooled you, didn't she. But you wanted to believe her.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313393 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those foster kids, most of the time are not adoptable. Most have parents and families and haven't been taken away permanently. When and if they do become available many are adopted by their foster families. God bless the people.
Most 'foster kids' have foster families...it's the 'unadoptable' kids who don't even get that.

Most Foster families won't take on the ill, the emotionally damaged, or the 'wrong color' kids. Just like the inferts who think they're entitled to an infant, preferably one in the right shade of pink, foster parents are allowed to be picky about the 'quality' of child they deign to 'foster'.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313394 Oct 16, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, dear, but you did not present a "philosophy" that claims "a human" (noun) and "a human being" are not synonyms.
bHitler made a claim. I asked her to support her claim. She can't. And neither can you. Sit. Down.
I'm not trying to support anything.

The initial conversation you've been harping on forever (like Doc and his slimy bones) involved the philosophy of human being -- which included things fetal life is incapable of; like conscious thought, conscious movement, awareness of self, others, and surroundings. If fetal life isn't canine or feline or equine, etc., chances are it's human. But this does not equal human being.

You came up with the sophomoric dictionary definition to dispute this philosophical claim.

Therefore, you've made an erroneous comparison and have been wrong from the beginning. You need to find a philosophy of human being claiming fetal life is capable of awareness of self and others to prove anyone wrong.

And you have not done so. Instead, moronically, you continue to distract with your dictionary definition.

Quit wasting everybody's time with your juvenile antics. Play by the rules or go play somewhere else.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313395 Oct 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>

Induced and spontaneous abortion are the same. Both are the ending of pregnancy prior to term.
It isn't anymore the same than getting pregnant because you wanted to or because you were raped. even though the end result is the same.

You don't seem to have an ability to diferentiate between intention and beyond control.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313396 Oct 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>How am I militant?
I'm pro-choice.
You worship fetuses.
Next...
I respect human life. You worship a woman's right to end that life.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313397 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should a child have to be either aborted or dumped? There are so many other options.
I assume you wanted to have your own babies and did, so I think it is disengenuious to berate other folks who want the same, a baby.
So many options? LOL
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313398 Oct 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Where have I promoted abortion?
Have you ever seen me post the address of an abortion clinic?
Have I ever recommended a particular physician for the procedure?
Do I ever suggest that anyone participate in an abortion?
No, no, and let's see.....no.
It is clear I support a woman's choice to do whatever she feels necessary with her own pregnancies. Gestation, raising, relinquishment or abortion.
It's also clear you're not okay with that, and have to claim I promote abortion above all the other choices. I don't JUST support abortion...but you'd prefer to ignore that fact and label me a proabort.(Which is fine with me. You don't mind that I label you a fetus worshiper, do you? Good... glad we settled that one.)
It's also clear that you believe abortion requires a justification on the woman's part.
I don't.
Try again?
It does seem that in a fair world, there would be a need for justification to take the young life of another human being.

That's why I would call you a pro abort and I expect that the human being in the womb, in your mind can be destroyed at any stage for any reason.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313399 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you can pick the words that you'd like to describe the "pro abort formula".
I'd like to know more about, and what you consider the "pro abort formula" to be, and does it directly oppose the fundie playbook that guides you?
Have a good night.
I would pick dogma.

In this article they do admit that it doesn't matter if it is a human being only the mother's right to kill it matters.

Location hidden

#313400 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to tell you this, but I've never seen that site.
No, it's not something I've been fed. I don't eat off the spoon like you do.
"Joyce Arthur is a founding member of FIRST, a national feminist sex worker advocacy organization based in Vancouver that lobbies for the decriminalization of prostitution in Canada. Joyce works as a technical writer and pro-choice activist, and is the founder and Executive Director of the Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada, a national pro-choice group in Canada".
In conclusion she (Joyce Arthur) states: "Individuals, not society as a whole, must choose what the status of a fetus should be, based on their personal beliefs, morality, and circumstances. And ultimately, this choice belongs only to pregnant women".
I think I'm going to follow her on Twitter lol.

Location hidden

#313401 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem that in a fair world, there would be a need for justification to take the young life of another human being.
That's why I would call you a pro abort and I expect that the human being in the womb, in your mind can be destroyed at any stage for any reason.
Come up with something new will you?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313402 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is immature and unrealistic to think that fetus in the womb is anything but a baby. It doesn't change. It is the same entity inside or outside, just more mature.
Here is your deceit. Fetal life undergoes physiological changes during the birthing process. This involves the heart and respiration so that newborn can survive outside the womb.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313403 Oct 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Most 'foster kids' have foster families...it's the 'unadoptable' kids who don't even get that.
Most Foster families won't take on the ill, the emotionally damaged, or the 'wrong color' kids. Just like the inferts who think they're entitled to an infant, preferably one in the right shade of pink, foster parents are allowed to be picky about the 'quality' of child they deign to 'foster'.
I don't know where you get your information because you never include a link but I don't think you are accurate.

This chart shows that children in the system who become eligible for adoption are adopted. Most within a year. Most are adopted by family members.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min DEM1680stretchpan... 1,141,752
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Bruin For Life 28,167
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Morse 231,824
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 27 min SpaceBlues 2,121
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr Schmones 635
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 13 hr ngzcaz 1
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) 19 hr MichaelAB 140

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE