Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
293,101 - 293,120 of 305,388 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
What is it about analogies that you PLM zombies can`t understand? Analogies are not direct comparisons.
Scientifically speaking, an entity becomes a member of a species only after birth. BTW--some mammals can abort by choice; why should humans be constrained by genetics?
<quoted text>
Cptr, this quote was in the post to which you responded.

"Oak trees and acorns are not equally valuable," write Robert George and Patrick Lee, "because the basis for their value is not WHAT they are but precisely those accidental [not substantive] characteristics by which oak trees differ from acorns. We value the ugly, decaying oak tree less than the magnificent, still flourishing one; and we value the mature, magnificent oak more than the small, still growing one. But we would never say the same about human beings."

Do you see what I see? Humans "value the ugly, decaying [elderly, poor, black, brown, yellow, deemed different, etc.,] less than the magnificent, still flourishing one[wealthy, good looking, smart, successful, young, nubile, etc.,] one; and we value the mature, magnificent [fill in the blank] more than the small, still growing one. And we do this to other human beings [even if we don't say or admit it] all the fckn time." All anyone needs to do is pick up a newspaper or watch the national news to verify.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who preaches science, you sure flop around like a fish out of water. You saw science was going against your argument to kill, so you pulled out philosophy.
You're running out of options, just as science is making advancements countering your illogical arguments.
Desperation much?
What a sad attempt on your part trying to distract.

But you had to make up more LIES to do so.

Look NR, if you can't debate by even loosely following the rules of debate, don't bother wasting anybody's time. All the effort put in to correcting your false claims only confirm our claims that the PLM you follow is based on nothing but false premises, false promises, half-truths, and outright lies. As I said earlier, you are exceptional at it. Yay you.

:-\
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa is comparing insects to human babies. Her "argument" speaks for itself: she's admitting there is no sound argument for killing human beings in the womb.
There is no sound argument for killing.
We are somehow protected from the
consequences of our actions.
Clueless. We never know what is coming.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct!
Being saved is just that saved. My soul is saved, my flesh is not, nor can it be.
I did not cheat on my wife becouse I didn't know God. I cheated on my wife, becouse I yeilded to my flesh.
The flesh is what causes us all most of our troubles.
It isn't subject to God's law, and cannot be.
It's the reason, that though our laws are tougher, and more enforced now than any other time, we still see crime rates going up.
Yes I could have another affair now that I'm saved, and can do everything a lost person can do, but I cannot enjoy it for long, becouse I now belong to God, and He will "whip" me as any loving parent, except He will even take me on home, if I was to continue to rebel.
Thank God He's. Long suffering.
Many blame the devil, when the devil had nothing to do with it.
As long as we are in this flesh we All will sin "small s "
It is Sin "big s " that seperates us from God.
God no longer see the big s in my life, only the small one.
There you go again lol. "Yielded to my flesh"? Seriously?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be considered more pro choice, then even I've realized.
I to believe ALL people should make whatever choices they wish. I just think decisions that apparently effect so many citizens, should be made by citizens.
Example : any adult is free to drink as much as they choose, but not every town wants a booze shop in it.
People including me, will live and die by the choices they make.
A womans choice to terminate her pregnancy doesn't effect "many citizens".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a solution? I am assuming that you are talking about third world countries where the is a repressive totalitarian government.
You don't think kids are going hungry in the USA?
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
Ocean (aka: Dead Sea): "I decide for MYSELF how to spend all my days, including Sundays."
You're also deciding your eternity by how you spend your days. Your diehard support and promotion of abortion won't fare well when you make an account for your pathetic, life-taking earthly existence. I hear eternity is a long time....
Oh PLEASE. This kind of religionist nonsense got old a long time ago, NoRelevance. You're just pissed because I and others can reject the toxic baggage of Catholicism with NO civil or criminal penalties whatsoever, in the United States anyway. Tough.

I still get to decide for MYSELF in ALL personal matters, rather than allowing a bunch of nosy church clerics to make those choices FOR me. Yeah, I know, that ticks you off too. Good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com product informs mom as early as 5-7 weeks gestation whether her baby is a boy or girl.
I guess you missed the scientific study links on the product's website, which corroborate the validity of the sex-determination product.
"95% accuracy" much?
Nice try, though.
Those scientific studies are for diagnosing fetal disorders, not gender.@@

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, the mother is intentionally, knowingly, willingly and brutally killing her baby girl or boy.
The preborn baby does not need permission to be there. He or she has the right to be there by virtue of how mankind was created to procreate.
As is ALWAYS the case for you proaborts, your ONLY 'argument' comes down to this: "Dehumanizing human beings exonerates us for killing baby boys and girls in the womb."
Epic fail.
Every time.
If mankind was created to procreate and you have no children, what is your purpose?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do promote abortion and try to justify it on this thread.
It is clear that you support abortion for any reason and at any time of fetus development.
You play a very active role in your non commitment of prevention and you justify it by being on this thread.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis of preborn babies prove he/she is a human (noun)/Human being (synonym).
YOU YOURSELF said a human (noun) exists in the womb.
You're a mess.........
DNA analysis does not say human being.

You are lying again.

You are the mess.

But, once again, you've proven me right when I say that lies are all you have to offer.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you did not support bHilter's claim that "a human" (noun) and "human being" are not synonyms.
You're just saying stuff hoping it sticks.
Show me a legitimate site that states "human" (noun) and "human being" are not synonyms. bHitler has failed to provide EVEN ONE site to support her claim. Not one.
Ready..........go..........
That was not my claim, Liar.

Let us know when you can address what's actually being said to you, Pretzel.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. This kind of religionist nonsense got old a long time ago, NoRelevance. You're just pissed because I and others can reject the toxic baggage of Catholicism with NO civil or criminal penalties whatsoever, in the United States anyway. Tough.
I still get to decide for MYSELF in ALL personal matters, rather than allowing a bunch of nosy church clerics to make those choices FOR me. Yeah, I know, that ticks you off too. Good.
I never claimed that you don't have free will. I just poinited out abuse of free will has consequences - in this life, and eternally.

You have a God-given right not to believe in God.

You will be one of those people who lived a life filled with debauchery and exhibit pathetic deathbed behavior. All mouthy and tough until the reality of death gets real.

Have it your way.

Good luck with that....
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not my claim, Liar.
Let us know when you can address what's actually being said to you, Pretzel.
Are "a human" (noun) and "a human being" synonyms?

Yes or no?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis does not say human being.
You are lying again.
You are the mess.
But, once again, you've proven me right when I say that lies are all you have to offer.
The DNA analysis results from the preborn baby say the same came from a human (Human being is a synonym. Thesaurus much?). Since mom's DNA sample does not match her preborn babies, the sample did not come from her.

Who did the sample come from? The preborn baby.

Playing dumb makes you look dumb. The fact that I have to hold your fat hand and walk you through this basic information makes you look dumb.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Are "a human" (noun) and "a human being" synonyms?
Yes or no?
It's not a yes or no question.

Not everything is either/or, Extremist.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The DNA analysis results from the preborn baby say the same came from a human (Human being is a synonym. Thesaurus much?). Since mom's DNA sample does not match her preborn babies, the sample did not come from her.
Who did the sample come from? The preborn baby.
Playing dumb makes you look dumb. The fact that I have to hold your fat hand and walk you through this basic information makes you look dumb.
DNA analysis does not say human being. Your spin on it doesn't prove it does. You are dishonest as the day is long. And childishly shallow.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Those scientific studies are for diagnosing fetal disorders, not gender.@@
AyaDontKnow: "Those scientific studies are for diagnosing fetal disorders, not gender.@@"

Oh, look. Here's a sited study from www.TellMePinkOrBlue:

Noninvasive Fetal Sex Determination Using Cell-Free Fetal DNA: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...

I thought you said "those scientic studies are for diagnosing fetal disorders, not gender."

You were wrong.

Again.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't really callous enough to compare insects to children, are you?
Yes! They are!

These are the same folks who say a woman having a miscarriage, and a woman having an abortion are the same!?!?:(
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The comparison is heartbeats, not "insects to children".
The heartbeats of insects and animals are snuffed out more often than in embryos and fetuses. But what FFJ didn't elaborate on is that those hearts in insects and animals are fully developed and working properly, unlike in embryos and fetuses.
Wow! Just wow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,095,856
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 225,625
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Bruin For Life 26,967
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••