Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,215
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313369 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Just wow
What did she say that is incorrect?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#313370 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>If mankind was created to procreate and you have no children, what is your purpose?
AyaDontKnow: "If mankind was created to procreate and you have no children, what is your purpose?"

Here's what I said: Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy.
_______

How was mankind created to procreate? Via pregnancy. How you interpreted that as procreation is mankind's only purpose is beyond me.

You're zero for two, dear. Go back to bed..........
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#313371 Oct 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
YouR arguments are nothing but LIES. Lots of words that have no meaning, no truth, and no sense.
You've already lost. And you know it.
Katie V.: "YouR arguments are nothing but LIES. Lots of words that have no meaning, no truth, and no sense."

I said mom's opinion of who is in her womb does not change the biology of who is in her womb.

If I'm lying, prove to me that mom's sentiments change her preborn babies biology.

This is a good question for you since you use "science" to support your abortion beliefs.

We look forward to hearing your scientific response.

TIA.
Gtown71

United States

#313372 Oct 16, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
This world is going down the toilet very fast and I don't see it turning around. Violence, over-crowding, hunger, illness nearly to plague status and orphanages bursting at the seams. Those who do not see a nuclear war in the future have their heads buried in the sand.
With all this going on around us, how can anybody be so fukcnig selfish as to WANT to bring an innocent child into this world? Remember, with any luck that baby will be grow into an adult. In fifty years I can see that adult looking around at all the misery and suffering and saying, "Fcuk!"
Yes, and it seems the world is sooo bad, that many are just having sex, and if a pregnancy takes place, they simply get it took care of, since it would most likely put a damper on their future sex :(
Gtown71

United States

#313373 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The pro abort formula well stated.
A woman's rights are more important than the life of her child.
How true!
as I read this I pictured a woman never slowing down when she sees a person walking across the street, but not in the cross walk, and runs right over them -killing them. Then says to herself I HAD THE "RIGHT" OF WAY.

That's sad enough, but what's worse, is the woman knew the person walking, and it was her child!
Gtown71

United States

#313374 Oct 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try it my way. It's more accurate.
Is it a mental block not to be able to admit that the majority of unwanted, living embryos are the size of a Tic Tac when terminated? Please tell me you know the difference between an 8wk embryo, a 40wk fetus, and a newborn; that you only use these comparisons to make yourself feel better about your extreme position.
Extreme?
It's like saying you have a 12 gauge shotgun, with one shell, and you see a one month old next to a 10 year old, and you shoot the one month old, since they were smaller???!?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313375 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I also care for women who's lives are in danger, BUT out of all of the abortions performed, how many do you think are for that reason?
Guess what?
I
Don't
Care.
"How many are performed for that reason" is IMMATERIAL. Because that reason exists, in the risks entailed FOR EVERY PREGNANCY CONCEIVED.
If even one woman is denied a life saving abortion because somebody else thinks abortion is 'wrong' or 'icky' or 'stupid' or 'evil'
THAT IS ONE TOO MANY.
Period.
JMO

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313376 Oct 16, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyaDontKnow: "Those scientific studies are for diagnosing fetal disorders, not gender.@@"
Oh, look. Here's a sited study from www.TellMePinkOrBlue:
Noninvasive Fetal Sex Determination Using Cell-Free Fetal DNA: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...
I thought you said "those scientic studies are for diagnosing fetal disorders, not gender."
You were wrong.
Again.
The studies are for detecting fetal disorders. From your own sited source: "Context Noninvasive prenatal determination of fetal sex using cell-free fetal DNA provides an alternative to invasive techniques for some heritable disorders".
"Noninvasive prenatal determination of fetal sex could provide an important alternative to invasive cytogenetic determination, which is currently the gold standard for ambiguous genitalia, X-linked conditions, and single-gene disorders such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis have small but measurable rates of procedure-related pregnancy loss.1- 3 The availability of a reliable noninvasive alternative to determine fetal sex would reduce unintended fetal losses and would presumably be welcomed by pregnant women carrying fetuses at risk for disorders. A much broader potential application for fetal sex detection is family balancing, which poses ethical concerns".
See where it says "family balancing" and "ethical concerns"?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313377 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! They are!
These are the same folks who say a woman having a miscarriage, and a woman having an abortion are the same!?!?:(
So killing other life forms is ok with you. You're not "pro life";, you are "pro-what-you-determine-i s-best-for-your-life".

I know you have big problems with reading comprehension, so try to let this sink in. All i've ever said is this:
A spontaneous abortion is an abortion.

Location hidden

#313378 Oct 16, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyaDontKnow: "If mankind was created to procreate and you have no children, what is your purpose?"
Here's what I said: Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy.
_______
How was mankind created to procreate? Via pregnancy. How you interpreted that as procreation is mankind's only purpose is beyond me.
You're zero for two, dear. Go back to bed..........
But that isn't what you said. And again, if you're not getting anyone pregnant what is your purpose?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313379 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other 95% of women who have them.
You obviously don't know what birth control is and you certainly don't care about women.

Go back to hiding behind your god.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#313380 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So killing other life forms is ok with you. You're not "pro life";, you are "pro-what-you-determine-i s-best-for-your-life".
I know you have big problems with reading comprehension, so try to let this sink in. All i've ever said is this:
A spontaneous abortion is an abortion.
First of all, what you said is a complete non-sequitur based off of the statement you quoted.
-
Secondly, abortion is a willful act. One must choose to abort. If something is going to occurr without intervention, one must make a decision to abort that occurrence. One does not refer to a malfunction of a system as a spontaneous abort, it is referred to as a failure..

Location hidden

#313381 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How true!
as I read this I pictured a woman never slowing down when she sees a person walking across the street, but not in the cross walk, and runs right over them -killing them. Then says to herself I HAD THE "RIGHT" OF WAY.
That's sad enough, but what's worse, is the woman knew the person walking, and it was her child!
Ok that is a really stupid analogy.
Gtown71

United States

#313382 Oct 16, 2013
Edgar Aypo wrote:
Isn't it about time Americans got over Roe v Wade ?
If a woman finds herself pregnant with a child she doesn't want, then it is her decision and hers alone,
whether or not to seek an abortion. All you bleeding hearts and right to life wankers out there need to get yourselves recalibrated.
Better yet, don't you think it's time Americans find out if they want kids BEFORE they do the only thing that has ever caused pregnancies??

It's sad, but "most" of the over 3000 abortions done each day, are simply due to the fact two people let their lust get the best of them for just a momment, and now they must "choose " to allow the baby to live or die.

Even sadder, is that many will choose the die route, based on the fact, that if they choose the live route, it would put a damper on their future lust.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313383 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, don't you think it's time Americans find out if they want kids BEFORE they do the only thing that has ever caused pregnancies??
It's sad, but "most" of the over 3000 abortions done each day, are simply due to the fact two people let their lust get the best of them for just a momment, and now they must "choose " to allow the baby to live or die.
Even sadder, is that many will choose the die route, based on the fact, that if they choose the live route, it would put a damper on their future lust.
I hate to put a damper on your speculations, but women can have just as much sex while pregnant as when not pregnant. And often, it's even MORE fun.

Still, where have you EVER seen a woman give the reason "because I wouldn't be able to have sex" for having an abortion?
Gtown71

United States

#313384 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again lol. "Yielded to my flesh"? Seriously?
Ok, it is a Biblical term, and 100% accurate, but one could word it another way.
I had an affair becouse I wanted to.
I desired to.
I chose to.
I did it.
I'm guilty.
Is that better?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313385 Oct 16, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Secondly, abortion is a willful act. One must choose to abort. If something is going to occurr without intervention, one must make a decision to abort that occurrence. One does not refer to a malfunction of a system as a spontaneous abort, it is referred to as a failure..
A spontaneous abortion is an abortion so you saying "abortion is a willful act" is not entirely true.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313387 Oct 16, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>In the United States there are 13.69 births for every 8.38 deaths.
According to Adopt America there are 130,000 children in the U.S. foster care system waiting to be adopted. But, they are shit out of luck, because the "in" thing right now is for rich white couples to adopt non-white babies.
In the mean time we just keep adding to that 130,000 every day.
I still say it is more humane to abort an UNWANTED pregnancy in the first month than to dump it, like a stray pup, on an overcrowded child welfare system.
Those foster kids, most of the time are not adoptable. Most have parents and families and haven't been taken away permanently. When and if they do become available many are adopted by their foster families. God bless the people.

Why should a child have to be either aborted or dumped? There are so many other options.

I assume you wanted to have your own babies and did, so I think it is disengenuious to berate other folks who want the same, a baby.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313388 Oct 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A male or female embryo/fetus probably equals a newborn son or daughter in your immature eyes. Tried to help you learn to differentiate. But it went no where. Educate yourself or remain stuck on stupid. Either way works. In the meantime, just keep scrolling.
I think it is immature and unrealistic to think that fetus in the womb is anything but a baby. It doesn't change. It is the same entity inside or outside, just more mature.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313389 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what term of endearment Drew Barrymore used for her fetus? She could call it a banana for all I care. It's got nothing to do with this debate. Your desperation is truly pathetic.
I'd bet they had a name for a boy picked out too. Most people don't know the gender at 10 weeks, despite the marketing ploy of your favorite website, Uterine Envy.
Picking out names means nothing. It's a potential name for a potential infant, who is not guaranteed to become an infant in reality anyway.
I had a girl's name picked out when I was sixteen, five years before I was even pregnant. First name at any rate. The child was four days old before we could agree on a middle name.
And NONE of this proves it's a "human being".
This is what you have been fed and ate hook, line and sinker.

Basically it says that it doesn't matter that it is a human being.

Only the women choice counts.

http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Bluestater 1,206,013
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 18 min Earthling-1 4,938
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min thetruth 236,757
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Big D 201,792
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Anonymous 29,271
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web