Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,653)

Showing posts 293,041 - 293,060 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Is it a mental block for YOU that it doesn`t matter if it`s a fetus or a tax accountant in there, the WOMAN owns that uterus and undertakes the risks of pregnancy.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a mental block to not be able to admit that a growing living fetus in no way compares to an acorn or a bowl of batter? Please tell me that you know the difference and that you only use these comparisims to make yourself feel better about your extreme position.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that if people stop having children, that will fix the world or is it that the world is so joyless, that it isn't worth living?
I honestly believe the world is beyond fixing. Also, it's selfish to bring unwanted kids into it.

The world population in 2006 was 6.68 billion people. It took only 47 years to double. It's increasing now by 211,000 persons per day and rising.

The world population by 2039 could be 8.0 to 13 billion.
Can you imagine the crime rate when we run out of space?

BTW, gangs and criminals are bursting our prisons at the seams. There will be more of those, too.
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not one chooses to consider them synonymous, no human OR human being has the right to dictate what a woman CHOSES to do about her own uterus and pregnancy.
So, just like you, it's of No Relevance.
Bhitler: "Whether or not one chooses to consider them synonymous, no human OR human being has the right to dictate what a woman CHOSES to do about her own uterus and pregnancy."

You said "a human" is in the womb. If that human being (synonym for a human) is female, isn't mom dictating DEATH to another female?

You get all wee-weed up over a uterus. Meanwhile, I'm concerned over the LIFE of a baby female.

Feminist my ass..........
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good call! Can see it now; a page-a-day desk calendar. Where every new day shows another PLM falsity with something like the Far Side graphics. LOL
I have a page-a-day calendar of the dumb things Katie says.

"It's not offensive to anyone to call a fetus a useless wad of cells."

'A fetus is not a baby until 48 hours after born because the brain needs time to develop, see?'

'A fetus remains a fetus until after born AND umbilical cord is cut...'

Etc.

Dumbassery at it's finest.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Is it a mental block for YOU that it doesn`t matter if it`s a fetus or a tax accountant in there, the WOMAN owns that uterus and undertakes the risks of pregnancy.
<quoted text>
It does matter. It is a human being. Granted she does have the legal power of life and death over her baby.
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Although I am pro-choice I didn't say anything about abortion in that post. You should sharpen up your reading comp skills before you jump head first into a debate. I said "I" would not bring a child into this messed up world. And, if those people who intentionally bring kids into this world would stop long enough to imagine the future, I think they would be hesitant, too.
I'll address the babies being born to crack whores and party sluts later.
Now sit the fcuk down and shut up.
Only a proabort like you would be anti-child.

You hate children because you killed your own. Overcompensating and shooting at the wrong target is unbecoming on you.

Get your shit together. And, leave the babies alone.

Thanks.
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>I honestly believe the world is beyond fixing. Also, it's selfish to bring unwanted kids into it.
The world population in 2006 was 6.68 billion people. It took only 47 years to double. It's increasing now by 211,000 persons per day and rising.
BTW, gangs and criminals are bursting our prisons at the seams. There will be more of those, too.
What value do you bring to the world?

That's what I thought.

Start there.

And.

Leave the babies alone.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It terminates a human being in utereo. You know that.
It terminates the pregnancy. That the fetus dies at some point during the process doesn't change the fact that an abortion terminates the PREGNANCY, whether spontaneously or induced, by the removal of the products of conception.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The pro abort formula well stated.
A woman's rights are more important than the life of her child.
Complete nonsense, all around. You're as bad a Drama Queen as No Relevance. And that's saying something.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know the difference but I don't understand why the size of the human being should be grounds for it's destruction. It is the same human being. Most pro aborts support the killing of that baby at any gestational age.
The Tic Tac size of the embryo matters because it's factual compared to your emotional claims and comparisons that an embryo/fetus equals a neonate. Developing embryos and fetuses are not included in the species until live birth occurs. Until live birth, all you have is a pregnancy with potential of a live birth.

There is no human being in the womb. There is no son or daughter in the womb. There is potential, if all goes well. Haven't you learned from others' heartbreaks? You can want the baby until your heart bleeds rose petals, but if there is no live birth, there is no newborn. All there is, is a lost potential.

Call it cold, call it ugly, but stop dressing up your emotional extremism as reality and thinking it's any warmer or prettier.
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a mental block to not be able to admit that a growing living fetus in no way compares to an acorn or a bowl of batter? Please tell me that you know the difference and that you only use these comparisims to make yourself feel better about your extreme position.
The acorn vs. oak analogy used in defense of the "perform or die" pro-choice view of acquired humanity obscures the truth. Why do pro-aborts compare a plant to a human being? A more fitting analogy would be to compare one mammal to another, like a human to a cat or a horse or a dog. Why not compare mammal to mammal? Because such a comparison -- in which the unborn progeny of these other mammals are developing, growing, and living members of the same species as their parents, just as are unborn humans of their parents -- obviously points out the illogic of the pro-abort position.

And, consistent with pro-aborts' view of the value of human beings, "Oak trees and acorns are not equally valuable," write Robert George and Patrick Lee, "because the basis for their value is not WHAT they are but precisely those accidental [not substantive] characteristics by which oak trees differ from acorns. We value the ugly, decaying oak tree less than the magnificent, still flourishing one; and we value the mature, magnificent oak more than the small, still growing one. But we would never say the same about human beings."

Only artifacts (clocks, cars, cell phones) come into existence part by part. Living beings come into existence all at once. Because one can only develop certain functions by nature (a result of basic, intrinsic capacities) because of the sort of being one *is*, a human being at every stage of her development is never a potential person; she is *always* a person with potential, even if that potential is never actualized due to premature death or the result of the presence or deformity of a physical state necessary to actualize that potential.

Human beings are valuable and worth protecting at all stages of their lives because of who they are, not because of what they can or cannot do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a woman's right to choose whether her boy fetus or girl fetus is allowed to survive and continue developing into her son or daughter. You support her right to kill the growing separate individual human being in her womb.
I don't see how you can be so proud of that position. I know abortion is going on everyday at all stages of fetal development but I could never think that is a good thing.
Since that is not my position, I'm neither proud nor ashamed of it. YOU should be ashamed, lying about my position, but I doubt you are.

I am QUITE proud of supporting a citizen's civil rights, as anyone normal would be.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a page-a-day calendar of the dumb things Katie says.
"It's not offensive to anyone to call a fetus a useless wad of cells."
'A fetus is not a baby until 48 hours after born because the brain needs time to develop, see?'
'A fetus remains a fetus until after born AND umbilical cord is cut...'
Etc.
Dumbassery at it's finest.
Yeah, passing off half-quotes out of context IS "dumbassery at it's [SIC] finest."

<spit>
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>I honestly believe the world is beyond fixing. Also, it's selfish to bring unwanted kids into it.
The population growth in the US is going down.

Just because the mother doesn't want it, that doesn't mean nobody does. There are thousands of couples wanting to adopt a baby and they are all being aborted. They are going to other countries to adopt children.
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try it my way. It's more accurate.
Is it a mental block not to be able to admit that the majority of unwanted, living embryos are the size of a Tic Tac when terminated? Please tell me you know the difference between an 8wk embryo, a 40wk fetus, and a newborn; that you only use these comparisons to make yourself feel better about your extreme position.
Katie V.: "Please tell me you know the difference between an 8wk embryo, a 40wk fetus, and a newborn"

Do you know the difference between a toddler, teenager and post-menopausal woman?
_________

Katie V.: "...size of a Tic Tac..."

"Drew Barrymore picked out her daughter Olive's name when she was still in the womb. On Thursday's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Will Kopelman's wife explained that their 10-week-old BABY GIRL was named for her size AT THE TIME.

"I never would have guessed that would have been the name," the 37-year-old actress said. "But I was reading a book with my husband. I was three months pregnant and they said your BABY is the size of an olive, and that was it. We never looked back."

http://www.today.com/entertainment/drew-barry...

_______

Of course lesbian proabort Ellen Degenerate had to get her stab in there by referring to baby Olive as "IT."

"IT could have been named kidney bean?" - Ellen

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"You said "a human" is in the womb. If that human being (synonym for a human) is female, isn't mom dictating DEATH to another female?"

There is no mother, unless she already has given birth, or adopted. What that woman is doing, is making her own choice. There are TWO choices. You do know that, right?

"You get all wee-weed up over a uterus."

No, I don't. That is simply another of your many lies. And what is with the childish phrases? You are far too old for "wee-wee" and the like. Grow up.

"Meanwhile, I'm concerned over the LIFE of a baby female."

No, you're not. You're concerned with having your religious beliefs imposed on everyone, and you are revering the idea of the fetus over the woman who is carrying it. You don't give two shits about the born, and I'm sorry, but that is in no way "pro-life".
Feminist my ass..........
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, passing off half-quotes out of context IS "dumbassery at it's [SIC] finest."
<spit>
You say stupid shet all the time.

You are known for your dumbassery.

You're a joke.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that is not my position, I'm neither proud nor ashamed of it. YOU should be ashamed, lying about my position, but I doubt you are.
I am QUITE proud of supporting a citizen's civil rights, as anyone normal would be.
You support a citizen's civil rights even if it means another human being has to die. Be proud, stay proud but that is nothing to be proud of.
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tic Tac size of the embryo matters because it's factual compared to your emotional claims and comparisons that an embryo/fetus equals a neonate. Developing embryos and fetuses are not included in the species until live birth occurs. Until live birth, all you have is a pregnancy with potential of a live birth.
There is no human being in the womb. There is no son or daughter in the womb. There is potential, if all goes well. Haven't you learned from others' heartbreaks? You can want the baby until your heart bleeds rose petals, but if there is no live birth, there is no newborn. All there is, is a lost potential.
Call it cold, call it ugly, but stop dressing up your emotional extremism as reality and thinking it's any warmer or prettier.
Katie V.: "There is no human being in the womb."

DNA analysis results have proven your wrong. Long ago. Keep up.

_______

Katie V.: "There is no son or daughter in the womb."

"It's A Girl!"...."It's A Boy!"... www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

_____

Katie V.: "There is potential"

Where does it say "It's A Potential Girl!" or "It's A Potential Boy!"

Oh, that's right, it doesn't. It says IS.

(unbelievable...more calendar quotes from Katie...)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It terminates the pregnancy. That the fetus dies at some point during the process doesn't change the fact that an abortion terminates the PREGNANCY, whether spontaneously or induced, by the removal of the products of conception.
Well said "the fetus dies"

One human being dies which is the product of conception. Certainly something to be proud of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 293,041 - 293,060 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Even Steven 1,078,381
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min Richardfs 223,976
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••