Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,643)

Showing posts 292,841 - 292,860 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

You can consider ao cockroach your.neighbor, but you still cannot interfere with how the person next door
gets rid of the, should they choose to.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect. So suppose as a non-believing legislator I consider the unborn human life one of my neighbors?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Ask a catholic if snake handling is a christian rite.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Bitner says it's not a Wiccan ritual.
Who should I believe?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

NOOOOOOOO! Don`t make me live in connecticut!
King Edward II wrote:
<quoted text>
My fate will also be your fate.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn 't know that the Catholic Church opposed the Queen. Where can I find that information?
It's myth Ink that Christopher Columbus set out to prove the earth was round.@@
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Fantastic voyage wrote:
The Holy Spirit will open up our minds and heart to the truth. Gods word is easy to understand if you allow the spirit to guide your thought-understanding process. Otherwise,you will not comprehend it as written. It's complex to those who are seeking truth. The phrases (i.e.the ends of the earth or every corner)are being taking out of context,thus changing their original meaning. I fear those doing this are just copy and pasting for their own agenda but are missing the truth. Be serious about it(in other words-learn,educate yourself about this Love story of God)or you will continue to bang your head against the wall in frustration at your confusion.
With all due respect,I was once there as well. I don't judge your ignorance,I just want you to understand that there is sanity and truth in the word of God when you are ready. I fought it as well( for my own personal reasons that had to do with my dysfunctional family lacking in a spiritual life,leaving me hopeless UNTIL I ended up on my knees in tears at the senseless existence I was living. Pray tell,I did have my good days but it didn't seem to make up for the void).
Oh geez, another attempt at "witnessing" or whatever religionists call it these days.

PASS. I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions, and churches to the curb over 25 years ago, and I still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made. I have NO intention of trading in the pleasures of secularist FREEDOM for the miseries of religionist slavery.

Secularism = FREEDOM. No dogmas required.
Dated Info

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>are you aware that maternal death rates have doubled in the last decade? Do you care?
Time to see the full picture in front of us,eh? Maternal deaths,along with miscarriages, premature births and conceiving issues,are all consequences of abortion and birth control usage. I am in the business. I assure you that I am well informed. No attacks to attempt to disprove this will be accepted.
My question to you,who support this assault on women's bodies and emotional/mental health,is "do you care"?
P.S in addition to the above,allow me to include psychological issues that call for medicine, are increasing at alarming proportions. Women have allowed themselves to be victimized and it breaks my heart.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> Time to see the full picture in front of us,eh? Maternal deaths,along with miscarriages, premature births and conceiving issues,are all consequences of abortion and birth control usage. I am in the business. I assure you that I am well informed. No attacks to attempt to disprove this will be accepted.
My question to you,who support this assault on women's bodies and emotional/mental health,is "do you care"?
P.S in addition to the above,allow me to include psychological issues that call for medicine, are increasing at alarming proportions. Women have allowed themselves to be victimized and it breaks my heart.
You are lying. It's that simple.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From Acts 1
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes to you. Then you will be my witnesses to testify about me in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
This is Jesus talking to the disciples about preaching His word of love and redemption. I think it means the same thing today.
Let us know when hounding the end of the Earth.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Damn autocorrect

Let us know when you find the end of the earth.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think someone was looking at it from above? Interesting.
Did you forget what we were talking about?

"he who sits above the circle of earth"

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> Time to see the full picture in front of us,eh? Maternal deaths,along with miscarriages, premature births and conceiving issues,are all consequences of abortion and birth control usage. I am in the business. I assure you that I am well informed. No attacks to attempt to disprove this will be accepted.
You're in the abortion business.........it's not going to go well for you. What data do you have that the increase in meds for psychological issues has anything to do with abortion?
grumpy

Thiells, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? It could have meant exactly the same thing. The earth hangs in space with nothing to support it means the same thing now.
Circle still means round and I don't think there was a word for spherical.
The Earth "hangs" in space through a system of forces.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> Time to see the full picture in front of us,eh? Maternal deaths,along with miscarriages, premature births and conceiving issues,are all consequences of abortion and birth control usage. I am in the business.
Bully for you. What 'business' is that? Are you an obstetrician?
Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> I assure you that I am well informed. No attacks to attempt to disprove this will be accepted.
The outright LIE that contraceptives contribute to the increase in MATERNAL death, or that the rise in maternal death is caused by abortion, will not be accepted either. Who the hell do you think you are, anyway??
Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> My question to you,who support this assault on women's bodies and emotional/mental health,is "do you care"?
Abortion has been around as long as pregnancy, mister. It's never been a safer practice for women than it is in 2013, and for you to assert that it is an assault on women's bodies and emotional/mental health is laughable. The REAL assault has been perpetrated by nutjobs like you, who want to guilt and shame women into declining sex without 'benefit' of marriage, and punish us with pregnancy as the right arm of your god. Abortion saves lives- and you worship fetuses.
Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> P.S in addition to the above,allow me to include psychological issues that call for medicine, are increasing at alarming proportions.
'Psychological issues that call for medicine'?? Almost ALL of this phenomena can be attributed to Big Pharma pushing said medicine for every minute condition which could theoretically be considered 'medicable'. We're not crazy ...we're lazy, brainwashed, and numb. The powers that be, prefer it that way.

Dated Info wrote:
<quoted text> Women have allowed themselves to be victimized and it breaks my heart.
What heart?

Women are victims of the Church's endeavors to convince us that we are 'less than', and the State has begun to insist that we remain so. The powers that be, prefer that too.

I decline.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> Bully for you. What 'business' is that? Are you an obstetrician?<quoted text>The outright LIE that contraceptives contribute to the increase in MATERNAL death, or that the rise in maternal death is caused by abortion, will not be accepted either. Who the hell do you think you are, anyway??
<quoted text>Abortion has been around as long as pregnancy, mister. It's never been a safer practice for women than it is in 2013, and for you to assert that it is an assault on women's bodies and emotional/mental health is laughable. The REAL assault has been perpetrated by nutjobs like you, who want to guilt and shame women into declining sex without 'benefit' of marriage, and punish us with pregnancy as the right arm of your god. Abortion saves lives- and you worship fetuses.
<quoted text>'Psychological issues that call for medicine'?? Almost ALL of this phenomena can be attributed to Big Pharma pushing said medicine for every minute condition which could theoretically be considered 'medicable'. We're not crazy ...we're lazy, brainwashed, and numb. The powers that be, prefer it that way.
<quoted text>What heart?
Women are victims of the Church's endeavors to convince us that we are 'less than', and the State has begun to insist that we remain so. The powers that be, prefer that too.
I decline.
What doctor would say "I'm in the business"? I don't know who they think they're fooling here.
grumpy

Thiells, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have a problem deciding which is the more important neighbor solely on the basis of them living in the same house ??? You are going to have to be more specific about the circumstances under which I'm making this decision. Your question as it stands is absurd.
But remember. You're making the law. Actually, that's what Roe v Wade does. The future human gains consideration as the pregnancy progresses.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What doctor would say "I'm in the business"? I don't know who they think they're fooling here.
My guess? It's a worker bee at a crisis pregnancy center. Probably a clinic protestor as well. I peg her as the frothy type.

JMO

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text> But remember. You're making the law. Actually, that's what Roe v Wade does. The future human gains consideration as the pregnancy progresses.
It's actually States which accord fetuses that consideration, on a State by State basis...the RvW decision doesn't demarcate where or when a State may decide to declare its interest in the fetus. It precludes States from interfering in a woman's privacy, relative to her pregnancy, and her medical/reproductive choices, but affirms that States may still have an interest in the fetus. That's it.

Just saying....
MIA Dad

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

For what it's worth,I do believe "Dated info". I'm married to a health care provider. Granted,it's not something that we're readily prone to believe but nevertheless,it's fact.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

MIA Dad wrote:
For what it's worth,I do believe "Dated info". I'm married to a health care provider. Granted,it's not something that we're readily prone to believe but nevertheless,it's fact.
What's fact? Could you have been a bit more clear??

I'm married to a cabinet maker - doesn't preclude me from knowing the truth about my abortion. For the record, I've never regretted it, and in the same circumstances, I would do it again.

Claiming to be 'in the business' is almost as vague as saying 'I do believe Dated Info'... not to put too fine a point on it, but about what??

Try again?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink..."You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?"
That was meant as a put-down, and we both know it.
I also notice that you did not address my remarks about the shallow insults about her personal/physical appearance that she endures on here constantly...coming from those oh-so-loving-Christlike Christians. And you actually think being called an extremist compares with that kind of abuse?
I did comment on that and said it was wrong to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 292,841 - 292,860 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,071,108
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Aura Mytha 222,979
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 26,609
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- Jul 2 Kelly 6
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••