Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,821 - 292,840 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313040 Oct 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt that every time the bible uses the phrase "the ends of the earth" it means the same as our modern saying "I'll search to the ends of the earth to find .....". It seems almost laughable that you're trying to tell me that they mean the same thing. Never mind that just the majority of the world thought the world was flat.
Back to the "he who sits above the circle of the earth".
It "could" have meant that they think the world is flat and that you would fall off if you reached the end. Can you accept that possibility?
Are you still hinting that the bible says the is "round"?
From Acts 1

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes to you. Then you will be my witnesses to testify about me in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

This is Jesus talking to the disciples about preaching His word of love and redemption. I think it means the same thing today.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313041 Oct 10, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>are you aware that maternal death rates have doubled in the last decade? Do you care?
Where? Legal abortion was supposed to prevent that from occurring. I do know that Ireland has one of the lowest maternal death rates in the world.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#313042 Oct 10, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that if the mother and unborn human live in same house, you would have a problem in deciding which is the more important neighbor. You would have to "choose".
I would have a problem deciding which is the more important neighbor solely on the basis of them living in the same house ??? You are going to have to be more specific about the circumstances under which I'm making this decision. Your question as it stands is absurd.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313043 Oct 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can accept that possibility. When the Bible or actually the Torah was written, I am sure the people thought the world was flat and limited to what they knew.
I just think it is interesting that a word for flat wasn't used.
Why do you think that was?
Look at a penny from above.

What shape do you see?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313044 Oct 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at a penny from above.
What shape do you see?
So you think someone was looking at it from above? Interesting.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313045 Oct 10, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that if the mother and unborn human live in same house, you would have a problem in deciding which is the more important neighbor. You would have to "choose".
Nobody is more important. We are all the same in God's eyes.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#313046 Oct 10, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't treat your unborn neighbor as if the woman, within whom he/she resides, is nothing more than your unborn neighbor's house, ok?
Next...
You got it. In fact I'll give the woman within whom that neighbor resides deferential treatment so long as we are considering similar rights for each.

Next what ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313048 Oct 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Legal abortion was supposed to prevent that from occurring. I do know that Ireland has one of the lowest maternal death rates in the world.
The maternal death rate in the U.S. is creeping upward — to more than double what it was 25 years ago. Systems identifying deaths have improved, so how much the increase can be attributed to risk is uncertain. But experts agree maternal deaths are no longer declining, are underestimated, largely preventable and disproportionately affect certain groups.

“We have not seen a decrease in maternal mortality, and that is worrisome,” said Dr. George Saade, director of maternal-fetal medicine at University of Texas Medical Branch. He said black women were three to four times more likely than white women to die from pregnancy.“These two things are very concerning, particularly in a developed country like the U.S.”

The 20th century saw a dramatic decrease in pregnancy-related deaths, largely because of improvements in sterile techniques — reaching the lowest point in 1987 at 7.2 deaths per 100,000 live births. The most recent figures available show the rate hovers around 15 deaths per 100,000 births — placing the U.S. near the bottom among developed nations.

The rate of severe complications during and after delivery have also doubled in the last decade, according to a 2012 federal study. Near-misses, where a woman nearly dies, increased by 27 percent.

That means each year in the U.S., about 700 women die of pregnancy-related complications and 52,000 experience emergencies such as acute renal failure, shock, respiratory distress, aneurysms and heart surgery. An additional 34,000 barely avoid death.

My apologies for the previous misstatement of information: complications have doubled in the last decade; actual deaths have doubled over the last two and a half decades. ISC

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313049 Oct 10, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it. In fact I'll give the woman within whom that neighbor resides deferential treatment so long as we are considering similar rights for each.
Next what ?
No one is asking you to give her 'deferential' treatment. We're insisting that she be credited with having the exact same right to personal risk assessment, bodily autonomy, and self-defense, as you or anyone else, even when pregnant. Pregnancy doesn't afford either more OR fewer rights - it shouldn't affect the rights to personal risk assessment, bodily/medical autonomy, or self-defense in any way other than the continued recognition of those rights as applied to pregnant women.

I have no intention of weighing in on your personal/medical/reproductive decisions,(as if you would ever consider allowing me to) and I expect to be extended the same respect for my right to make the personal/medical/reproductions decisions I see fit.

Capeesh?
King Edward II

Glastonbury, CT

#313050 Oct 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Which is still better than ritualized cannibalism.
<quoted text>
My fate will also be your fate.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#313051 Oct 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church certainly thought it did.
It still does.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313053 Oct 10, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. They constantly piss and moan about so-called "christian persecution" ANY time one of us gives them (Knutter/sASSy/Ink/NR) a dose of well-deserved criticism, but have absolutely NO problem ragging on anyone who they disapprove of. Obviously, it's only "persecution" when THEY are being criticized.
And they wonder why almost nobody here respects them. Go figure.
They are hypocrites...plain and simple.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313054 Oct 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would she find a refrence to The Great Rite or Skyclad insulting or a put down? Aren't they Wiccan practices?
If you wanted to talk to me about The Mass, I wouldn't be insulted even though you probably think it is nonsensical.
Ink..."You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?"

That was meant as a put-down, and we both know it.

I also notice that you did not address my remarks about the shallow insults about her personal/physical appearance that she endures on here constantly...coming from those oh-so-loving-Christlike Christians. And you actually think being called an extremist compares with that kind of abuse?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#313055 Oct 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from me she doesn't. I have never said anything personal about her or her family.
And no I don't think it is okay to say such things.
Okay, I know you haven't said those things...but you haven't spoken out against it either. So now who is supposed to come to your defense for being called an extremist?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313057 Oct 10, 2013
You can consider ao cockroach your.neighbor, but you still cannot interfere with how the person next door
gets rid of the, should they choose to.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect. So suppose as a non-believing legislator I consider the unborn human life one of my neighbors?

Indianapolis

#313058 Oct 10, 2013
Ask a catholic if snake handling is a christian rite.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Bitner says it's not a Wiccan ritual.
Who should I believe?

Indianapolis

#313059 Oct 10, 2013
NOOOOOOOO! Don`t make me live in connecticut!
King Edward II wrote:
<quoted text>
My fate will also be your fate.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313060 Oct 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn 't know that the Catholic Church opposed the Queen. Where can I find that information?
It's myth Ink that Christopher Columbus set out to prove the earth was round.@@
Ocean56

AOL

#313061 Oct 11, 2013
Fantastic voyage wrote:
The Holy Spirit will open up our minds and heart to the truth. Gods word is easy to understand if you allow the spirit to guide your thought-understanding process. Otherwise,you will not comprehend it as written. It's complex to those who are seeking truth. The phrases (i.e.the ends of the earth or every corner)are being taking out of context,thus changing their original meaning. I fear those doing this are just copy and pasting for their own agenda but are missing the truth. Be serious about it(in other words-learn,educate yourself about this Love story of God)or you will continue to bang your head against the wall in frustration at your confusion.
With all due respect,I was once there as well. I don't judge your ignorance,I just want you to understand that there is sanity and truth in the word of God when you are ready. I fought it as well( for my own personal reasons that had to do with my dysfunctional family lacking in a spiritual life,leaving me hopeless UNTIL I ended up on my knees in tears at the senseless existence I was living. Pray tell,I did have my good days but it didn't seem to make up for the void).
Oh geez, another attempt at "witnessing" or whatever religionists call it these days.

PASS. I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions, and churches to the curb over 25 years ago, and I still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made. I have NO intention of trading in the pleasures of secularist FREEDOM for the miseries of religionist slavery.

Secularism = FREEDOM. No dogmas required.
Dated Info

New York, NY

#313063 Oct 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>are you aware that maternal death rates have doubled in the last decade? Do you care?
Time to see the full picture in front of us,eh? Maternal deaths,along with miscarriages, premature births and conceiving issues,are all consequences of abortion and birth control usage. I am in the business. I assure you that I am well informed. No attacks to attempt to disprove this will be accepted.
My question to you,who support this assault on women's bodies and emotional/mental health,is "do you care"?
P.S in addition to the above,allow me to include psychological issues that call for medicine, are increasing at alarming proportions. Women have allowed themselves to be victimized and it breaks my heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Patrick 1,100,106
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 min Bruin Nation 27,079
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,336
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••