Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#313132 Oct 13, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Church is a Woman, and why would we degrade her? You degrade yourself by thinking women should have to abort and not give life. Kill their child because society says we have to be hedonistic, selfish and second class citizens because men love using women . Think about it, you do what men do to you, you degrade a child because at that time might be difficult and no one would support you who belong to the culture of death. A man uses you, treats you as an object, they don't give a crap about you, you don't give a crap about a new life growing in you because you think you aren't worth it. You give the term woman a bad name. You are a slave to the culture of death, you hate yourself. Why not think that we are important, that every life is important, that we should cherish new life and have faith in ourselves that things will be better because out of hard times a beautiful future and greatness grows.
Nobody thinks "women should have to abort and not give life." That's your false premise. The entire entity of the PLM -- funded by your clergy first and foremost -- is built on one false premise after another.

Simply put, the option to terminate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy should be available in a sterile, safe environment for every single woman worldwide. That's it. I know, I know... not quite the "death" drama you were hoping for was it.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313133 Oct 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but this hinges on "if" we were this or that.
Not to mention a few who find it acceptable to do detestable things.
Although I may not know how to word it, I'm just curious how many can look down their long "roman" nose at others, while justifying many of their own actions.
I also don't seem to understand how many here think I'm arrogant, since I've made it as clear as I can, that I'm nothing, and guilty of All SIN, simply saved by Gods Grace.
I do believe there is a "scale " out there somewhere that will be just for us all. It's the one many like grumps "think " they want to see.
I DO NOT. I would be found wanted and weighed, and am very thankful that the cross fulfilled the law and payed my debt in full :)
You very well could have cheated on your wife regardless of being saved or not Gtown. Like a lot of christians do you use the "cross" as a crutch to explain away the reasons why you did. You did not cheat on her because God was not in your life and God isn't preventing you from doing it again.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313134 Oct 13, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Church is a Woman, and why would we degrade her? You degrade yourself by thinking women should have to abort and not give life. Kill their child because society says we have to be hedonistic, selfish and second class citizens because men love using women . Think about it, you do what men do to you, you degrade a child because at that time might be difficult and no one would support you who belong to the culture of death. A man uses you, treats you as an object, they don't give a crap about you, you don't give a crap about a new life growing in you because you think you aren't worth it. You give the term woman a bad name. You are a slave to the culture of death, you hate yourself. Why not think that we are important, that every life is important, that we should cherish new life and have faith in ourselves that things will be better because out of hard times a beautiful future and greatness grows.
Very poetic @@. No one thinks woman "should have to abort" We think every woman should have the right to choose for herself.
Gtown71

United States

#313135 Oct 13, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You very well could have cheated on your wife regardless of being saved or not Gtown. Like a lot of christians do you use the "cross" as a crutch to explain away the reasons why you did. You did not cheat on her because God was not in your life and God isn't preventing you from doing it again.
You are 100% correct!
Being saved is just that saved. My soul is saved, my flesh is not, nor can it be.

I did not cheat on my wife becouse I didn't know God. I cheated on my wife, becouse I yeilded to my flesh.

The flesh is what causes us all most of our troubles.

It isn't subject to God's law, and cannot be.

It's the reason, that though our laws are tougher, and more enforced now than any other time, we still see crime rates going up.

Yes I could have another affair now that I'm saved, and can do everything a lost person can do, but I cannot enjoy it for long, becouse I now belong to God, and He will "whip" me as any loving parent, except He will even take me on home, if I was to continue to rebel.

Thank God He's. Long suffering.

Many blame the devil, when the devil had nothing to do with it.

As long as we are in this flesh we All will sin "small s "
It is Sin "big s " that seperates us from God.

God no longer see the big s in my life, only the small one.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#313136 Oct 13, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Church is a Woman, and why would we degrade her? You degrade yourself by thinking women should have to abort and not give life. Kill their child because society says we have to be hedonistic, selfish and second class citizens because men love using women . Think about it, you do what men do to you, you degrade a child because at that time might be difficult and no one would support you who belong to the culture of death. A man uses you, treats you as an object, they don't give a crap about you, you don't give a crap about a new life growing in you because you think you aren't worth it. You give the term woman a bad name. You are a slave to the culture of death, you hate yourself. Why not think that we are important, that every life is important, that we should cherish new life and have faith in ourselves that things will be better because out of hard times a beautiful future and greatness grows.
Every woman has a moral right to make her own decisions pertaining to her pregnancies, her private medical decisions. Your personal (and comically histrionic) feelings about abortion are irrelevant to anyone but you.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#313137 Oct 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct!
Being saved is just that saved. My soul is saved, my flesh is not, nor can it be.
I did not cheat on my wife becouse I didn't know God. I cheated on my wife, becouse I yeilded to my flesh.
The flesh is what causes us all most of our troubles.
It isn't subject to God's law, and cannot be.
It's the reason, that though our laws are tougher, and more enforced now than any other time, we still see crime rates going up.
Yes I could have another affair now that I'm saved, and can do everything a lost person can do, but I cannot enjoy it for long, becouse I now belong to God, and He will "whip" me as any loving parent, except He will even take me on home, if I was to continue to rebel.
Thank God He's. Long suffering.
Many blame the devil, when the devil had nothing to do with it.
As long as we are in this flesh we All will sin "small s "
It is Sin "big s " that seperates us from God.
God no longer see the big s in my life, only the small one.
Crime rates are not going up. The population has doubled but the rate of crime has not.

Cite your sources please.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313138 Oct 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="Gtown71]though our laws are tougher, and more enforced now than any other time, we still see crime rates going up.
[/QUOTE]Since perception is reality, it would appear that crime rates are going up in your community. What exactly, as a pro-life person, do you intend to do about that?
Gtown71

United States

#313139 Oct 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since perception is reality, it would appear that crime rates are going up in your community. What exactly, as a pro-life person, do you intend to do about that?
Just pointing out that laws of any kind, never stop people from breaking them.

Just like if abortion was to become illegal, there would still be abortions.

As far as what I can do? Very little on either, but I do work with offenders of the law, and my biggest job is to make sure they don't get out, and obey the rules where they are.

I sent seven men back to prison last week, from the way less strick location they were at, becouse they seriously violated the rules there.

Yet do you think no other man there will violate, becouse of what I did?
Answer : yes, they will, becouse the flesh is a powerful thing, no matter where or who you are.
Gtown71

United States

#313140 Oct 13, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Very poetic @@. No one thinks woman "should have to abort" We think every woman should have the right to choose for herself.
I may be considered more pro choice, then even I've realized.
I to believe ALL people should make whatever choices they wish. I just think decisions that apparently effect so many citizens, should be made by citizens.

Example : any adult is free to drink as much as they choose, but not every town wants a booze shop in it.

People including me, will live and die by the choices they make.
King Edward II

United States

#313141 Oct 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I have nothing to fear from a long-dead king, and even less from a brain-dead Inbred like you.
<quoted text>
There's nothing to fear from me because we're both the same; enthusiastic lovers of men. That's why I was done in with a hot poker up the ass.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313142 Oct 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pointing out that laws of any kind, never stop people from breaking them.
Just like if abortion was to become illegal, there would still be abortions.
As far as what I can do? Very little on either, but I do work with offenders of the law, and my biggest job is to make sure they don't get out, and obey the rules where they are.
I sent seven men back to prison last week, from the way less strick location they were at, becouse they seriously violated the rules there.
Yet do you think no other man there will violate, becouse of what I did?
Answer : yes, they will, becouse the flesh is a powerful thing, no matter where or who you are.
Um...dude (ette?)...whatever...

I know man will always violate the law - that's the point of making laws: so that those who inevitably 'violate them', get punished the way men see fit to punish those who disagree with the majority.

Religion never stopped any society from being human.
G-spot

Tulsa, OK

#313143 Oct 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you defend the life of fertilized ova which are daily flushed at in vitro fertilization clinics, because their parents find them extraneous?

Do you defend the lives of the thousands of these fertilized ova which are suspended in frozen animation, awaiting the day when they can be implanted, and ultimately discarded when they are no longer 'viable'?

Do you defend the right of Nadya Suleman (otherwise known as 'Octomom') and others who have large families they cannot support by themselves, to rely on public assistance to house, clothe, feed and provide medical care to the kids?

Do you defend the lives of children in America who are starving, abused, or abandoned, by protesting overseas adoptions?

Do you defend the life of those who commit heinous crimes?

Unless you can answer ALL these questions with an unhesitating YES, then you are not "Pro-Life". You are "Pro-fetus" or "Pro-what-life-you-consid er-to-be-important."
The only thing the 'pro-life' fetus worshipers consider important, is the warm fuzzy feeling they get, when they think about 'little babies' in utero.

I'm guessing they had doll fetishes as children, and never got over it.

The only feeling these folks have for the living, are feelings of disapproval for any living person who dares to decide against gestation, and any living person who fails to come out of the womb wearing strappy boots....by which they proceed to 'pull themselves up.'...

They'd do well to remember what Jesus would do.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#313144 Oct 14, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Who gives a shlt.
The grumpy goes away has you feel your soul
growing and becoming stronger. You learn
the real source of your anger.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#313145 Oct 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct!
Being saved is just that saved. My soul is saved, my flesh is not, nor can it be.
I did not cheat on my wife because I didn't know God. I cheated on my wife, becouse I yeilded to my flesh.
The flesh is what causes us all most of our troubles.
It isn't subject to God's law, and cannot be.
It's the reason, that though our laws are tougher, and more enforced now than any other time, we still see crime rates going up.
Yes I could have another affair now that I'm saved, and can do everything a lost person can do, but I cannot enjoy it for long, because I now belong to God, and He will "whip" me as any loving parent, except He will even take me on home, if I was to continue to rebel.
Thank God He's. Long suffering.
Many blame the devil, when the devil had nothing to do with it.
As long as we are in this flesh we All will sin "small s "
It is Sin "big s " that seperates us from God.
God no longer see the big s in my life, only the small one.
Men cheat on their wives to hurt them.
Why get married?
Women love to burn other women.
Ocean56

AOL

#313146 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
The Church is a Woman, and why would we degrade her? You degrade yourself by thinking women should have to abort and not give life. Kill their child because society says we have to be hedonistic, selfish and second class citizens because men love using women . Think about it, you do what men do to you, you degrade a child because at that time might be difficult and no one would support you who belong to the culture of death. A man uses you, treats you as an object, they don't give a crap about you, you don't give a crap about a new life growing in you because you think you aren't worth it. You give the term woman a bad name. You are a slave to the culture of death, you hate yourself. Why not think that we are important, that every life is important, that we should cherish new life and have faith in ourselves that things will be better because out of hard times a beautiful future and greatness grows.
Oh PLEASE, Knutter, this nonsense got old a long time ago. You can preach this idiocy all you want, just don't expect me -- or any other prochoice poster for that matter -- to acccept it as "fact."

As far as I'M concerned, the Catholic Church is a highly toxic religious institution that treats women as second-class citizens, and has done so ever since it opened its doors. That's one of the many reasons I got rid of the toxic baggage of Catholicism over 25 years ago. You seem royally pissed that anyone CAN kick the toxic baggage of Catholicism to the curb, but happily, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

I have seven good reasons to love being what I call Catholicism-Free (CF for short):

1. No constant and tedious preaching about "sin"

2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays

3. No hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession."

4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines

5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based extortion known as "tithing."

6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests

7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction

Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can and DID -- reject this toxic church before it ruined the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day. For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
Ocean56

AOL

#313147 Oct 14, 2013
Kleapatchra wrote:
Have you anti-women, baby-killing,pro-deathers finally acknowledged your evil ,anti-life ways? How many more victims do we need to witness before you show compassion and respect for human life?
Sicko control freaks!
Here's a newsflash for you, goofy. EACH woman gets to decide for HERSELF what to do about a pregnancy, and she's free to make this decision without needing permission from some anti-choice nutjob.

Whatever choice she makes, whether to continue the pregnancy or not to, is HER decision. Obviously YOU have a problem with that. Too bad. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Deal with it.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313149 Oct 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime rates are not going up. The population has doubled but the rate of crime has not.
Cite your sources please.
Gtowns only source is his narrow minded opinion. He won't let simple things like facts and common sense enter into his world if they dare oppose his precious point of view.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#313150 Oct 14, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The grumpy goes away has you feel your soul
growing and becoming stronger. You learn
the real source of your anger.
The real source of my anger is that in over 300,000 posts, I have not one that I never heard before many times.
I try to jostle people's minds with little or no success.
Gtown71

Tyler, TX

#313151 Oct 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Um...dude (ette?)...whatever...
I know man will always violate the law - that's the point of making laws: so that those who inevitably 'violate them', get punished the way men see fit to punish those who disagree with the majority.
Religion never stopped any society from being human.
So, what if the majority was against legalized abortion?

Plus, perhaps instead of the word crime, I should've used the word morals.

Our morals keep going down, despite the fact that we are "supppse" to be more and more civilized.
Gtown71

Tyler, TX

#313152 Oct 14, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Men cheat on their wives to hurt them.
Why get married?
Women love to burn other women.
I disagree. Most men cheat on their wives for many reasons, whether they give into the excitement of having sex with someone new, or they are taken for granted by their wives, but I don't think most men cheat in order to hurt their wives. Does it hurt their wives? Yes, but the men are not thinking about that at the time, they are just being selfish self centered, and I'll let you name the third s :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,403,800
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 255,959
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 hr Into The Night 9,988
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web