Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,889
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#312922 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How was thAt passage looked at for the 1500 years prior to the discovery that the earth is a sphere? Have you read all of job discussing the ends of the earth? Or that heaven is longer than the earth? Spheres don't have ends or a length.
Never mind that the word used as "circle" (hebrew " chug") does not imply a spherichal shape....
Either way, I dont think the bible makes a case for either a flat earth or round/spherichal earth.
What you and many fail to realize, is the bible has places where it's "mans view "on the earth and things, and Gods view.
Many try and use the sun and moon. Whenever the moon is mentioned, the sun is as well. Petty things used to hold on to ones own beliefs.

It always goes back to what if you're wrong?
If I'm wrong about God, then so what?
If you and others are wrong, then what?:(

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312923 Oct 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a sad reason to believe in evolution. You can have both of your breast removed, and be just fine. Doesn't prove a thing.
One, that is not my reason. It was an example of human evolution.

Two, breasts function. The appendix no longer does. And why? Because we have EVOLVED beyond the need for whatever it was the appendix DID.

Way to avoid the tough question that you knew would expose the flaw in your argument.
Gtown71

United States

#312924 Oct 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Breasts have not one, but two functional purposes, chumly. What is the functional purpose of the appendix?
Many scientist now believe it is a "safe house " for good bacteria to reboot the intestinal tract. So there.

My point is, just becouse you don't think things have any purpose, it doesn't mean they don't.
Gtown71

United States

#312925 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, that is not my reason. It was an example of human evolution.
Two, breasts function. The appendix no longer does. And why? Because we have EVOLVED beyond the need for whatever it was the appendix DID.
Way to avoid the tough question that you knew would expose the flaw in your argument.
People tend to find what they seek.
See my answer above to not a playa

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312926 Oct 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nitpicking. The appendix is not the point. It was but an example I used.

Since you don't even know WHAT the theory actually says, it was an exercise in futility to try to engage you. I see that now.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312927 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the religion you follow conveniently ignored that for 1500+ years.
A circle is flat; think of a pancake.
Job 38:15 "The earth takes shape like clay under a seal." (Clay when stamped under a seal is flattened and round in shape).
I guess Ink isn't the bible expert she seems to think she is...lol.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312928 Oct 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
There goes your theory.
Again...I guess Ink is not the bible expert she seems to think she is.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312929 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that refers to the topography of the land meaning that the earth takes shape like clay pressed under a seal and it's hills and valleys stand out like folds in a garment.
"I believe..."

So does that make your interpretations right and everyone elses wrong?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312930 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?
What an ignorant statement. Now you're sounding like Knut.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312931 Oct 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship your goddess, bitner, this shows you are a lesbian.
So Christian men are all homosexuals because they worship a male God?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312932 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You think you're so smart. And you act so damn smug. But here. I'm gonna pop your bubble. Trust me, it won't hurt a bit.
I posted a long time ago that one of the things my ex began doing after we divorced was something called Moon Dancing. It is not like the old Van Morrison song, though. There was no ritual involved. It was a bunch of drunk, horny 30somethings who started dancing around a bon fire when the moon was overhead on a 5-acre property near a mountain.
How it got transferred to Bitner has always mystified me. You ACers can be so deceptive to yourselves and others. Same as that accusation of butter/bacon sandwiches. No clue where that stems from, except I suspect NR/K&P secretly eat these.
I'm just sick of watching you know-nothings try to tear Bitner down because she's Wiccan. Especially as some of you hypocrites whine and cry about others persecuting them because they're Christians.
"I'm just sick of watching you know-nothings try to tear Bitner down because she's Wiccan. Especially as some of you hypocrites whine and cry about others persecuting them because they're Christians."

Bravo Katie!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312933 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she shouldn't be so quick to call people extremists with nothing to back it up. She routinely is disrepectful and demeaning. I just think she should look in her own backyard and see some of her own weirdness.
Bitner has taken plenty abuse from you so-called Christians with all Knut's and NR's cruel fat remarks and the rest of you making your ignorant Wiccan insults...and here you whine about being called an extremist?

You know Ink, you can be a real bitch on here sometimes, and if that comment makes you whine all the more...I don't care. It's sickening how you supposed Christians go on about all your Jesus bullshit out one side of your mouths and then you run people down every chance you get out of the other side of your mouths...and then you have the nerve to act like crybabies and complain about everyone else being insulting or bigots. Oh boo hoo hoo you poor poor Christians, but you don't mind acting like snarky bitches when it suits you though.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312934 Oct 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G.
Gtown71

United States

#312935 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nitpicking. The appendix is not the point. It was but an example I used.
Since you don't even know WHAT the theory actually says, it was an exercise in futility to try to engage you. I see that now.
Sorry, but the appendix was your point in proving evolution. When you were given an answer, you didn't like it, becouse the answer is contrary to what you seek.
Gtown71

United States

#312936 Oct 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G.
Hello lady :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312937 Oct 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the appendix was your point in proving evolution. When you were given an answer, you didn't like it, becouse the answer is contrary to what you seek.
No, it was not. It was an example I used, no more.

You ignored the rest of my post to focus on the appendix.

You don't understand what the theory really says anyway.

You're ignorant, and content to remain so.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#312938 Oct 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you and many fail to realize, is the bible has places where it's "mans view "on the earth and things, and Gods view.
Many try and use the sun and moon. Whenever the moon is mentioned, the sun is as well. Petty things used to hold on to ones own beliefs.
It always goes back to what if you're wrong?
If I'm wrong about God, then so what?
If you and others are wrong, then what?:(
We do not enjoy our lives as we will.
How can you be wrong about God?
Your eyes open and your heart fills
with what is and from where and how.
God gives us value. Joy.
Gtown71

United States

#312939 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was not. It was an example I used, no more.
You ignored the rest of my post to focus on the appendix.
You don't understand what the theory really says anyway.
You're ignorant, and content to remain so.
Yes an example, in which YOU were WRONG about.
You asked me what was an appendix for?
you also claimed that the appendix has no function, and is an example of evolution.
If you are wrong here "and you are " then please question other things in your life. Like the whole God thingy, you THINK you have figured out.
Gtown71

United States

#312940 Oct 8, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not enjoy our lives as we will.
How can you be wrong about God?
Your eyes open and your heart fills
with what is and from where and how.
God gives us value. Joy.
When one becomes a child of God, they can sin as they will, but cannot enjoy it any longer "for long ".
When a crazy person gets saved. You have a crazy saved person.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312941 Oct 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes an example, in which YOU were WRONG about.
You asked me what was an appendix for?
you also claimed that the appendix has no function, and is an example of evolution.
If you are wrong here "and you are " then please question other things in your life. Like the whole God thingy, you THINK you have figured out.
You made a claim. You haven't proven me wrong.

Still, you're focusing on THAT to evade the bigger issue, an issue you don't even understand in the first place, misrepresent every time you discuss it, and are content to REMAIN ignorant.

Ah, Pascale's Wager. Useless. Presupposes only two possibilities.

Given your lack of understanding about the theory of evolution, I doubt you understand my religious beliefs well enough to say what I "have figured out" and what I haven't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,189,278
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr mike tirico 29,052
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr actorvet 235,542
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 4 hr mike tirico 68
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr LonePalm 4,053
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr HitMan 201,354
Patsos tries to steam, not boil over (Nov '08) 17 hr stewart scott 4
More from around the web