Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,661 - 292,680 of 305,485 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#312849 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 40:22
New International Version
He sits enthroned above the 'circle' of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
I guess the religion you follow conveniently ignored that for 1500+ years.

A circle is flat; think of a pancake.

Job 38:15 "The earth takes shape like clay under a seal." (Clay when stamped under a seal is flattened and round in shape).

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312851 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Job 38:15 "The earth takes shape like clay under a seal." (Clay when stamped under a seal is flattened and round in shape).
Ink cherry picks. All extremists do.
mideastNews

AOL

#312852 Oct 8, 2013

*Prophetic word given to NETANYAHU & Knesset

feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312853 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In this instance I would say she.isn't cherry picking but interpreting that one passage as she sees fit.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312854 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
In this instance I would say she.isn't cherry picking but interpreting that one passage as she sees fit.
Point :)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312855 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fabled what? You said a fabled flood. FFJ used fabled to describe world wide. Like I said. Why would you even argue that? All your posts support it. I already knew you went for "fabled", that's why I brought it up.
So we agree that the flood wasn't a fable.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312856 Oct 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, you don't believe in the Divine. I'm a Deist, not an atheist.
As I said, I don't believe in YOUR 'God', who responds to prayer even though He has a 'vast eternal plan' for mankind...I worship little, and praise much.
You're welcome to believe any way you want; and when you try to involve your Deity in the common law, you're welcome to reap the consequences.
Serendipity is reality, and Karma's a bitch.
:)
What is the Divine?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312857 Oct 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
There goes your theory.
Not really because we still talk about the 'four corners' of the earth even though we know the earth is round. Four corners usually means the north, south, east and west.

Jesus also mentions that when the kingdom of God comes some will be in the light and people will still be sleeping. That indicates his understand of the world being round and actually revolving causing day and night.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312858 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So we agree that the flood wasn't a fable.
Not once did I ever claim any flood past or present was a fable.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312859 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that refers to the topography of the land meaning that the earth takes shape like clay pressed under a seal and it's hills and valleys stand out like folds in a garment.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#312860 Oct 8, 2013
The bible is not a viable source for making a point.

The bible is nothing more than work of fiction derived from an ancient rule book. Put it on the shelf with "The Exorcist" and grow up, before you piss off Santa Clause. Remember, Santa's birthday is coming up in two months and he might not bring you anything.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312861 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312862 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but what am I missing and how am I misinterperting the passage. I agree that it may not mean what I said does what does it mean?
Katie

Kent, WA

#312863 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?
Does it matter how many times Bitner's told you she doesn't practice this "ritual"?

Apparently not.
:-|

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312864 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says I dance around naked in the moonlight?

Watch out, your bigotry is showing.

Yes, you are an extremist.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312865 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter how many times Bitner's told you she doesn't practice this "ritual"?
Apparently not.
:-|
She has never told me anything but it is part of her religious rites. I don't care one way or the other but if she is calling me an 'extremmist' perhaps she could look closer to home.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312866 Oct 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says I dance around naked in the moonlight?
Watch out, your bigotry is showing.
Yes, you are an extremist.
A Wiccan rite, yes or no?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312867 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A Wiccan rite, yes or no?
No.

For a woman who practices ritual cannibalism, you sure are judgmental.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312868 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She has never told me anything but it is part of her religious rites. I don't care one way or the other but if she is calling me an 'extremmist' perhaps she could look closer to home.
I have never said that dancing naked in the moonlight is part of my religious rites.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312871 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but what am I missing and how am I misinterperting the passage. I agree that it may not mean what I said does what does it mean?
How was thAt passage looked at for the 1500 years prior to the discovery that the earth is a sphere? Have you read all of job discussing the ends of the earth? Or that heaven is longer than the earth? Spheres don't have ends or a length.

Never mind that the word used as "circle" (hebrew " chug") does not imply a spherichal shape....

Either way, I dont think the bible makes a case for either a flat earth or round/spherichal earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Thinking 226,554
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,102
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••