Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,887
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312874 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once did I ever claim any flood past or present was a fable.
Feces did. You asked where I got the idea that any questioned a flood of biblical proportions.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312875 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How was thAt passage looked at for the 1500 years prior to the discovery that the earth is a sphere? Have you read all of job discussing the ends of the earth? Or that heaven is longer than the earth? Spheres don't have ends or a length.
Never mind that the word used as "circle" (hebrew " chug") does not imply a spherichal shape....
Either way, I dont think the bible makes a case for either a flat earth or round/spherichal earth.
Good question. I doubt that it was even debated. Looking back in hindsight it almost seems that we were given clues.

Is there a separate word in Hebrew for spherichal?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312877 Oct 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, floods have happened. Again, that is not in dispute.... but I will still refer to noahs ark and the world wide flood as a fable.
Yep, floods happen every day but not many of them change the sea level or the size of the Dead Sea.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312878 Oct 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbecile.
Bitner missed my point on several occasions, and answered back to me in a humiliated and sheepish tone, you probably will too, knowing how much of a fool you are, and how much you will miss my points.
Bitner is not trustworthy, just like many women, who don't say what they mean, so just because she says she doesn't dance naked in moonlight, doesn't mean it's true that she doesn't flaunt her ugly body in moonlight.
You know what? You think you're so smart. And you act so damn smug. But here. I'm gonna pop your bubble. Trust me, it won't hurt a bit.

I posted a long time ago that one of the things my ex began doing after we divorced was something called Moon Dancing. It is not like the old Van Morrison song, though. There was no ritual involved. It was a bunch of drunk, horny 30somethings who started dancing around a bon fire when the moon was overhead on a 5-acre property near a mountain.

How it got transferred to Bitner has always mystified me. You ACers can be so deceptive to yourselves and others. Same as that accusation of butter/bacon sandwiches. No clue where that stems from, except I suspect NR/K&P secretly eat these.

I'm just sick of watching you know-nothings try to tear Bitner down because she's Wiccan. Especially as some of you hypocrites whine and cry about others persecuting them because they're Christians.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#312880 Oct 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm gonna pop your bubble. Trust me, it won't hurt a bit."
Sounds like a threat.
I hope you die suddenly and "painlessly" with your brain stopping before you know what has harmed you.
How dare you make that threat.
That is what that line meant, isn't it? You were insinuating you were going to kill me in an instant.
You are one of those gossipers of that criminal organization sent out to kill me, for outing you as criminals.
Grow up, dipshit. That expression has been around for many decades and has nothing to do with death.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312881 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You think you're so smart. And you act so damn smug. But here. I'm gonna pop your bubble. Trust me, it won't hurt a bit.
I posted a long time ago that one of the things my ex began doing after we divorced was something called Moon Dancing. It is not like the old Van Morrison song, though. There was no ritual involved. It was a bunch of drunk, horny 30somethings who started dancing around a bon fire when the moon was overhead on a 5-acre property near a mountain.
How it got transferred to Bitner has always mystified me. You ACers can be so deceptive to yourselves and others. Same as that accusation of butter/bacon sandwiches. No clue where that stems from, except I suspect NR/K&P secretly eat these.
I'm just sick of watching you know-nothings try to tear Bitner down because she's Wiccan. Especially as some of you hypocrites whine and cry about others persecuting them because they're Christians.
Maybe she shouldn't be so quick to call people extremists with nothing to back it up. She routinely is disrepectful and demeaning. I just think she should look in her own backyard and see some of her own weirdness.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312882 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, floods happen every day but not many of them change the sea level or the size of the Dead Sea.
And I don't know of any that occurred because it rained for 40 days and nights.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#312886 Oct 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case it did, so be quiet, you young little dropping of scum.
One can only hope, maggot.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312887 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Divine?
'The Divine' is my term of description for the connectedness of every being, the spark and wheel of life, and grace...which is how I refer to that combination of kindness, humility, perseverance, and tolerance, which best serves us all.

It's my own belief system, and I don't expect anyone else to believe the way I do. And I certainly don't believe it gives me the privilege of restricting, removing, or 'redistributing' the civil rights of others.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#312889 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A Wiccan rite, yes or no?
Yes it is a Wiccan ritual. Those Wiccans are as wacky as it gets. You can't help but love those spaced out screwballs.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312891 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she shouldn't be so quick to call people extremists with nothing to back it up. She routinely is disrepectful and demeaning. I just think she should look in her own backyard and see some of her own weirdness.
Her 'weirdness' doesn't include attempts to proseletyze, or to affect the lives of others thru restrictive and punitive legislation which reflects her core beliefs..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312892 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she shouldn't be so quick to call people extremists with nothing to back it up. She routinely is disrepectful and demeaning. I just think she should look in her own backyard and see some of her own weirdness.
You were in the wrong "backyard", Witless.

By the way, I wasn't calling you weird. You do know the difference between weird and extreme, don't you?

You provide the backup yourself.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#312893 Oct 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You think you're so smart. And you act so damn smug. But here. I'm gonna pop your bubble. Trust me, it won't hurt a bit.
I posted a long time ago that one of the things my ex began doing after we divorced was something called Moon Dancing. It is not like the old Van Morrison song, though. There was no ritual involved. It was a bunch of drunk, horny 30somethings who started dancing around a bon fire when the moon was overhead on a 5-acre property near a mountain.
How it got transferred to Bitner has always mystified me. You ACers can be so deceptive to yourselves and others. Same as that accusation of butter/bacon sandwiches. No clue where that stems from, except I suspect NR/K&P secretly eat these.
I'm just sick of watching you know-nothings try to tear Bitner down because she's Wiccan. Especially as some of you hypocrites whine and cry about others persecuting them because they're Christians.
How does this pop his bubble? No one remembers your stupid moon dancing story. Heck no one remembers what you posted an hour ago. And your dopey story wasn't transferred to Bitner. It's a Wiccan ritual and she's a Wiccan. No great leap to say she does the dance.
Ooo ga boo ga !!! LOL !
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312894 Oct 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>'The Divine' is my term of description for the connectedness of every being, the spark and wheel of life, and grace...which is how I refer to that combination of kindness, humility, perseverance, and tolerance, which best serves us all.
It's my own belief system, and I don't expect anyone else to believe the way I do. And I certainly don't believe it gives me the privilege of restricting, removing, or 'redistributing' the civil rights of others.
I would agree that a combination of kindness, humility, perserverence and tolerance serves us well. I would only add love which I think is most important.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312895 Oct 8, 2013
Ink, just in case you wondered, this is the definition I like best for Deism...
Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism. Deism does not ascribe any specific qualities to a deity beyond non-intervention. Deism is related to naturalism because it credits the formation of life and the universe to a higher power, using only natural processes. Deism may also include a spiritual element, involving what manifests as experiences of the Divine in one's life.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312896 Oct 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not insisting that you tell me whether or not you believe it it should be allowed for mothers to abort their children, but what I am telling you to give an answer about is whether or not you believe the action of abortion itself is right or wrong.
I don't have the answer you want - in my opinion, abortion in and of itself is neither 'right', nor 'wrong'...and it always depends on individual circumstances. I've had an abortion, and for me, it was the right thing to do at the time. Not being anyone else, I can't make the moral choice between the 'right' and 'wrong' of abortion for anyone but myself.

Hope that helps.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312897 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree that a combination of kindness, humility, perserverence and tolerance serves us well. I would only add love which I think is most important.
I believe love is the combination of all those things in action, and is rather synonymous with 'grace'.

And actually, I forgot to include 'joy'. That's pretty important, too.

:)
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#312898 Oct 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Her 'weirdness' doesn't include attempts to proseletyze, or to affect the lives of others thru restrictive and punitive legislation which reflects her core beliefs..
All legislation/law reflect some person or persons core beliefs.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312899 Oct 8, 2013
Which is still better than ritualized cannibalism.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312900 Oct 8, 2013
Like you flaunt your body in front of small children?
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbecile.
Bitner missed my point on several occasions, and answered back to me in a humiliated and sheepish tone, you probably will too, knowing how much of a fool you are, and how much you will miss my points.
Bitner is not trustworthy, just like many women, who don't say what they mean, so just because she says she doesn't dance naked in moonlight, doesn't mean it's true that she doesn't flaunt her ugly body in moonlight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,189,131
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Patrick n Angela 235,538
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Niqisam 4,049
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Chosen Traveler 29,050
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr lela 201,347
Patsos tries to steam, not boil over (Nov '08) 9 hr stewart scott 4
Why does Basketball Suck ? (Mar '11) Wed bubba 67
More from around the web