Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,187
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Eagle

Salem, OR

#312712 Oct 6, 2013
It's cool in new york
Gtown71

United States

#312713 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's exactly what it is.
"myth
noun \&#712;mith\
: an idea or story that is believed by many people but that is not true
: a story that was told in an ancient culture to explain a practice, belief, or natural occurrence
: such stories as a group
Full Definition of MYTH
1a : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon
b : parable, allegory
2a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism Orde Coombs>
b : an unfounded or false notion
3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence
4 : the whole body of myths"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myt...
This is evolition as we all know it :)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312714 Oct 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is evolition as we all know it :)
No, it's not. You just don't understand the theory of evolution. You've proven that with many posts.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#312716 Oct 6, 2013
Good morning everyone,

Going to my grand,daughter BD party ..little miracle BABY..

MY son's,daughter after many miscarried.

Anyhow got me thinking

Want to SHARE,something really neat for Cristmas,with my friends here for

YOUNG KIDS
LET ME HIGHLY RECOMMEND

ELF ON A SHELF
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/search/...

He it she comes before,Christmas,from the north pole (they have a tv half hour movie )
Goes back each night to report to Santa,if kids,are good.

Shows up wen kids,wake up ...different shelf .

Kids,HAVE fun looking for it ...
Goes,back home Christmas,eve ...till next year .

Oh the kids,name it too !!!!

Found it last year#!!!
I sent from Amazon ..so it came from North pole,..video and book ..

They have,boy and girl ...different races ..
Wish I had thought of it

Here,are,some videos.

http://www.bing.com/search...

GOD,BLESS you all ..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312719 Oct 6, 2013
And, another liar has shown up to take Knutter's place.

Go peddle your lies elsewhere, Stalker.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312722 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's exactly what it is.
"myth
noun \&#712;mith\
: an idea or story that is believed by many people but that is not true
: a story that was told in an ancient culture to explain a practice, belief, or natural occurrence
: such stories as a group
Full Definition of MYTH
1a : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon
b : parable, allegory
2a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism Orde Coombs>

b : an unfounded or false notion
3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence
4 : the whole body of myths"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myt...
Okay, there was no 5,000 years ago and you can prove it. Right?
headlines

AOL

#312723 Oct 6, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Ink

Levittown, PA

#312724 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
But that doesn't mean it's proof of Noah's flood. The freshwater shells go back some 7K years. The saltwater shells about 5K years. It still doesn't confirm Noah's flood.
Like Bitner said, you want to believe and so you do.
Okay now you have convinced me that the flood that happened 5,000 years ago was not the same flood that was spoken about in the Bible. It was a different flood happening at the same time. Glad I have that straight now.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312725 Oct 6, 2013
no flood 5,000 years ago.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312726 Oct 6, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think they are saying a flood didn't or could not have occurred. They just don't believe God caused it to happen or God told Noah to build an ark and take animals two by two. They don't believe a God was angry with mankind and intended to start over with Noah. What logical sense does it make to create mankind, then destroy mankind because of sin but leave Noah and his family to replenish the earth? Sin still existed.
Then why didn't they say that? It is very different than saying there was no flood.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312727 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't really care. It was just a deflection. You were wrong, you were proven wrong, and you got snarky about it. So you tried to compare same sex marriage to incest in an attempt to be insulting and take the focus off you.
No I didn't. Why would I compare them? They are very different. The only connection was that posters said homosexuality goes back to ancient times therefore gay marriage is acceptable and I said so do incestuous relationships and pedophilia for that matter. So why does that prove that any of these acts are acceptable.

Personally I could care less about gay marriage but your reasoning has holes in it. Just do it because you want to.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312728 Oct 6, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...I never said there was no flood. I never even said *a* flood was not talked about in the bible. The bible clearly has a flood story. Now, I did say there have probably been floods for as long as this planet has had a climate.
What I also did say is that the flood was not the work of a god and the Noah story is a myth.
Just because there were floods does NOT mean the Noah story is true.
Not floods, flood.

That is all I ever said was that there seems to be evidence that a flood of enormous proportions occurred in the time that Noah was supposed to have happened. I never said that the story of Noah and his Ark was true. In fact I'm pretty sure that the story isn't literal and probably is a metaphor for good against evil.
I will trry to go back and find my first post on the subject for you to read.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312729 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. Why would I compare them? They are very different. The only connection was that posters said homosexuality goes back to ancient times therefore gay marriage is acceptable and I said so do incestuous relationships and pedophilia for that matter. So why does that prove that any of these acts are acceptable.
Personally I could care less about gay marriage but your reasoning has holes in it. Just do it because you want to.
Yes, you did.

What "reasoning"? About what? All I said is that no one is trying to change "the" meaning of the word marriage, because there isn't, nor has there ever been, just one meaning. That has been proven.

Who made such an argument? I haven't seen it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312730 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I never said the flood itself was a myth. I said the Noah story was a myth...and you know that so try to keep on track.
I never mentioned Noah.
Many days ago Feces asked me, "where is the evidence of your world wide flood?" I answered;

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...

Meaning that there is evidence of a major flood which may have seemed world wide to the ancient peoples. That's all.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312731 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did.
What "reasoning"? About what? All I said is that no one is trying to change "the" meaning of the word marriage, because there isn't, nor has there ever been, just one meaning. That has been proven.
Who made such an argument? I haven't seen it.
Fine show me an older dictionary that describes two men or to women in a sexual relationship as a marriage. My Webster's Dictionary from 1968 doesn't have that definition.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312732 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine show me an older dictionary that describes two men or to women in a sexual relationship as a marriage. My Webster's Dictionary from 1968 doesn't have that definition.
That was never the argument. Why must you be so dishonest? Your OWN source showed proof of my ACTUAL argument, in fact. It listed more than one definition. You dishonestly didn't provide a link to that source, or copy and paste the other definitions, but they were there.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312733 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Ink is slipping into her Deliberately Obtuse mode and is now bastardizing everything I wrote. And that is why civil discussions don't seem to progress with her.
Yes, agree, LNM.
It gets tiring.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312734 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute here! You said modern day LGBT *changed* the definition of marriage from one man marrying one woman. And you were shown the many different philosophies of marriage, the different definitions of marriage going all the way back to ancient times. You forget why? You asked for proof of it going back 25yrs or more. So you got the proof.

See, your post above is an attempt to change the parameters of your own argument. That is deceitful. That's why you get called on being "less than honest".
Katie

Kent, WA

#312736 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned Noah.
Many days ago Feces asked me, "where is the evidence of your world wide flood?" I answered;
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...
Meaning that there is evidence of a major flood which may have seemed world wide to the ancient peoples. That's all.
Nobody said a flood didn't happen around the Black Sea around 5, 6, 7 thousand years ago. Nobody was arguing about floods. The argument was specifically about Noah's flood. Based on your responses. Like the one where you claimed you believed God meant it when he said there would be no more floods of that proportion. Only trouble with that is, scientists are studying old evidence of ancient tsunamis. And we've all heard and seen the destruction of the recent tsunamis in this very decade. That tells me nature determined the force of flooding, not the will of God. That's why the story of Noah's Flood, and the similar stories told by other peoples in other cultures during different times, were told as ways to explain what must have been beyond their knowledge at the time.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312737 Oct 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are a complete jackwagon.
Whatever THAT bit of redneck phraseology means.

You ARE a liar. You admitted as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min harmonious 1,124,267
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 46 min Deny This 1,471
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 50 min PieceMaker 436
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 229,842
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 27,879
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Mary Downformore 201,188
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE