Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,501 - 292,520 of 305,074 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you admitting the definition of marriage did not begin and end with one woman and one man? That modern LGBT have not "changed" the definition of marriage after all?
That was your original claim. All proof aside, are you willing to concede you are mistaken?
What are you talking about at the end? I've already posted why incestuous relationships are no longer the norm. Do some research instead of asking silly rhetorical questions. Please!
It has been changed from one man and one woman to anybody.

Webster's New World Dictionary of 1968 says;

Marriage--refers to the state of or relations between a man and a woman who have become husband and wife or the ceremony marking this union.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mysticism did not begin and end with Christians. It goes way back into Ancient Egypt. That is my point. Most of the things you believe began and end with Christianity does not. There's a rich history Christians tried to usurp as their own.
I never said it started with Christianity.

Ancient Egypt had it's form of mysticism and the Hebrews had their's.
One didn't get it from the other. If by mysticism you mean through prayer and meditation becoming closer to God, no religion has a monopoly.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every modern day marriage results in producing children. With easy access to abortion and birth control brother/sister relationships shouldn't be a problem. that goes for cousins too.
Why not? I'm peachy with everything except killing babies in the womb.
Now you're just being silly.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm No wonder early Christians felt safe in stealing others' beliefs/stories. They probably believed they were protected.
:-/
How can you steal what is already your's? Everybody has access to God.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been changed from one man and one woman to anybody.
Webster's New World Dictionary of 1968 says;
Marriage--refers to the state of or relations between a man and a woman who have become husband and wife or the ceremony marking this union.
You've been proven wrong. Again, show a bit of integrity, be an adult, and admit it.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it started with Christianity.
Ancient Egypt had it's form of mysticism and the Hebrews had their's.
One didn't get it from the other. If by mysticism you mean through prayer and meditation becoming closer to God, no religion has a monopoly.
That's right. Neither does Christianity. Glad you can admit it. Please let K&P know.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are ridiculous.
No, she's right.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have at great length. It is a child and children shouldn't be disposable. IMO
Don't dispose of yours. Beyond that, abortion is none of your business.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

The problem with that is, if underground water suddenly flooded upwards, you'd have massive unsupported caverns which wouldn't have been able to support the weight of the water above it. The collapse wold, of course, create huge holes which would be filled with the water anyway. But there is no evidence of massive underground water reserves in that region or signs of any such collapse in the past.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Peter
Just popping in ..And want to explain
My belief is indeed in the bible account . I know you don't believe it
It says,clearly not only did it rain forty days,...But fountains beneath the,surface erupted ..if you can imagine this ..it accounts for all this "layers,of things being found""
Thing is,..You either believe this was,a,supernatural event for supernatural reasons ..the,NEPHIL POLLUTING THE HUMANS BEING ONE..
or you don't..
the flood,stories were passed down if course ... but the facts,were inspired to be written ....by God
Even in Moses time ..who knew there were fountains,of water deep WITHIN the earth ..in the one before the flood things,were different
As far as land masses,because of this ....
See you all later ..wanted to MSKE it clear,on what we who believe the BIBLE BELIEVE.
Peace and,God bless

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Except there are myths, Egypts false gods are myths, not the same as Saints being mystics. Way different, you see Christ is at work with the Catholic mystics of the present and the past. The other so called pagan mystics are of the devil. If we believe in other mysticism, then we are breaking the first commandment.
All religion is mythology, and it's stories are myths as well. Including your own.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Neither does Christianity. Glad you can admit it. Please let K&P know.
Isn't that what I already said? Do you think this is a new idea on your part?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. so sad you won't admit you are, i guess you will find out soon enough , when its too late to change.
I am not wrong.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument that because some thing happened in the past means it should be acceptable today makes me wonder if, because Caluglia married his sister that should be the norm now?
With all due respect, Ink. Caligula never married any of his sisters. He did have wives, one of whom died in childbirth, and the last one who was murdered, along with her child, after he was assassinated but none of them were of blood relation to him.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what I already said? Do you think this is a new idea on your part?
What a ridiculous and distracting question on your part. You jumped into a conversation where K&P was claiming mysticism began with Christianity. She's even repeated herself.

So while you can freely admit Mysticism did not begin with Christianity, K&P obviously cannot.

Why don't you help her out?*That's* what was asked when you responded with, "Isn't that what I already said? Do you think this is a new idea on your part?"
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, Ink. Caligula never married any of his sisters. He did have wives, one of whom died in childbirth, and the last one who was murdered, along with her child, after he was assassinated but none of them were of blood relation to him.
I may be wrong about Caligula being married to his sister but he did have sex with her and treated her as his wife in fact leaving her his heir.

Incestuous marriages were common though in ancient history.

http://cnersundergraduatejournal.files.wordpr...
grumpy

Thiells, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Science only now is catching up.
Science corrects mistakes made by God.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be wrong about Caligula being married to his sister but he did have sex with her and treated her as his wife in fact leaving her his heir.
There is no real evidence that he had sex with his sister. She was his heir, yes, but one can be an heir without being a lover. She was treated as the female head of household when he was a bachelor, but that also doesn't prove sexual relations.

He was not Egyptian, and no one has said that incest wasn't done.

What made you think they'd had sex?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, should have read "He was not Egyptian, and no one said that incest wasn't done in the ancient world".
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, should have read "He was not Egyptian, and no one said that incest wasn't done in the ancient world".
We are talking about incestuous marriages.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about incestuous marriages.
We were talking about Caligula.

You just can't admit to being wrong, can you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••