Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,481 - 292,500 of 305,077 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I know plenty about male & female parts or hoses, thank you. You can still place a smaller diameter hose into a larger one. Perhaps I missed the context of your discussion. If I did and am mistaken, I do apologize for jumping the gun.
You did The comment was a tongue in cheek refrence to plumbing connections, that there is a female coupling and a male coupling and that is the only way to connect one piece of hose or pipe to another securely.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Including the creation of our world, 800 year old people, angels, noahs arc & the resurrection of jesus?
I doubt science will ever validate anything of that nature.
No a lot of that is faith based but some of what is told in the Bible may have some basis in fact.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you ignore the years in between stories. I mean really. Different cultures and different peoples of different times talking about floods and you think it's just one flood?
It is a known fact Christianity "borrowed" their stories from earlier beliefs. There are three stories of the virgin birth going way back before Jesus was born. And these are identical in detail. Only the names and faces have changed.
And... it's all based on early understandings of Astrology. Like what you call "End Times" actually refers to the end of an age. Right now we're in the Age of Pisces (a fish... hmmm .... ringing any bells?), but will soon be moving into the Age of Aquarius.
I think if you check you will find that the stories of a great flood are in the same time frame.

All of the Christianity stories were written by Jews who felt that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the Hebrew wittings. They didn't borrow anything, they were Jews.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i view abortion as a human rights issue. my opposition to it is not based at all on religion. i favor the use of contraception. i support sex/contraception education, and i have no objection whatsoever to gay marriage. if i'm a fundie you better start a campaign to have the definition changed.
kills you that you can't pigeon hole everyone you disagree with and that you might actually have to argue the merits of your position rather than resort to personal attacks, doesn't it?
turns you into a stuttering, stammering mess.
You claim, "i view abortion as a human rights issue."

I claim, the only way abortion is a human rights issue is if women are denied access to safe, legal ones. It is not an issue for the embryo/fetus because these entities do not have civil rights. These are not yet counted part of the species until birth. Birth is the magic moment when limited civil rights are established. Until newborns reach the age of majority, their parents make legal/medical decisions for them. It can be no different for an embryo/fetus.

Tell me how, if it were up to you, you'd transfer grown women's civil rights to their embryo/fetuses during pregnancy without removing theirs to do so.

How do two entities share the same set of civil rights of bodily autonomy and personal privacy without competing?
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if you check you will find that the stories of a great flood are in the same time frame.
All of the Christianity stories were written by Jews who felt that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the Hebrew wittings. They didn't borrow anything, they were Jews.
And how did Mysticism affect Early Christianity? I think, if you check, you'll find the stories go even further back.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Some Saints were Mystics because of Christ. Now how could Christian Mysticism go back further than Christ? Do you know anything about Christianity? I doubt it. Christ calls young men to study to become a priest, they have a calling which I find mystic. Christ chooses men to become priests out of that bunch.
Aren't you funny? Thinking Mysticism began with Christianity are you? LOL

You might want to double even triple check that, K&P. You can be so darn cute at times! LOL
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did Mysticism affect Early Christianity? I think, if you check, you'll find the stories go even further back.
If you mean this meaning:

: a religious practice based on the belief that knowledge of spiritual truth can be gained by praying or thinking deeply

then this is a part of Christianity as well as most other religions.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the different philosophies of marriage throughout the years and cultures. The one you cite is just one of many. Like it or not, at one time same sex marriage was accepted until the Christian Romans outlawed it and executed those who'd already enjoyed the sanctity of it. Linked that up for you the other day. Don't think you chose to respond, though.
Your argument that because some thing happened in the past means it should be acceptable today makes me wonder if, because Caluglia married his sister that should be the norm now?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument that because some thing happened in the past means it should be acceptable today makes me wonder if, because Caluglia married his sister that should be the norm now?
That was never the argument, and you know it. It IS proof that no one has, or is trying to, change the definition of marriage.

First you claimed that people were trying to change "the" definition of marriage.

Then, when shown that there isn't just one definition, and that there has never been just one, you deflected, asking for a definition older than 25 years.

When shown links that PROVE that marriage was never just defined as between one man and one woman, you deflect again, by comparing it to incest.

You were wrong. And you were proven wrong. Be an adult, and own up to it (especially after whining that I don't ever admit to being wrong, which you were ALSO wrong about).

Try for a little integrity. Just a small bit will be a pleasant surprise.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean this meaning:
: a religious practice based on the belief that knowledge of spiritual truth can be gained by praying or thinking deeply
then this is a part of Christianity as well as most other religions.
Mysticism goes way back, into 300yrs BC and before.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep trying to change the parameters of your own claims. Why don't you, just once, concede you were mistaken?
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am posting about Mysticism, not myths.
Yes, Mysticism predates Christianity. It's no surprise you'd try to steal it, too, though.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mysticism goes way back, into 300yrs BC and before.
What's your point? That the Jews who followed Christ stole mysticism from the Jews? You can't steal what you already have.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Your concept of right and wrong is not universal. For instance, most cultures oppose stealing because it is disruptive to group unity, which was paramount in small communities. On the other hand, some cultures had a god who looked over thieves, like mercury (hermes); theft was allowable in some circumstances. One of the greatest western heroes was robin hood, who was a thief and occasional murderer.
Abortion beliefs are just that--beliefs. The ONLY beliefs that are pertinent, however, are those of the pregnant woman. She is the only sentient being directly affected by the pregnancy.
<quoted text>
Hmmm No wonder early Christians felt safe in stealing others' beliefs/stories. They probably believed they were protected.

:-/
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep trying to change the parameters of your own claims. Why don't you, just once, concede you were mistaken?
I didn't change anything, wasn't it you that mentioned the Greeks and their little boy toys as a valid reason for gay marriage.

Why don't the marriages of royal brothers and sisters make a valid reason for incest. Afterall it happened in history.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>And if you think Christ copied other gods, well you are really naive. Christ is God, God is perfect in every way.
And that is but one belief of many.

I know, you have no respect for others' beliefs even as you condemn these by claiming your God is *the only* God.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanted to add to this. We now know King Tut was a product of an incestuous relationship. And he was a sickly child/adult.

We now know incestuous relationships more often than not cause severe deformities in offspring. That's why it's frowned upon and no longer the norm.

Wasn't too long ago cousins could legally marry in southern states. Second and third cousins still can, IIRC.

But I see you're still willing to cherry pick what you believe out of the Bible.

I clearly remember reading bible stories of mothers and sons making babies, brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters... and you're probably as peachy with that as you are about believing Noah's flood was the only flood worth mentioning.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? That the Jews who followed Christ stole mysticism from the Jews? You can't steal what you already have.
Mysticism did not begin and end with Christians. It goes way back into Ancient Egypt. That is my point. Most of the things you believe began and end with Christianity does not. There's a rich history Christians tried to usurp as their own.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't change anything, wasn't it you that mentioned the Greeks and their little boy toys as a valid reason for gay marriage.
Why don't the marriages of royal brothers and sisters make a valid reason for incest. Afterall it happened in history.
So are you admitting the definition of marriage did not begin and end with one woman and one man? That modern LGBT have not "changed" the definition of marriage after all?

That was your original claim. All proof aside, are you willing to concede you are mistaken?

What are you talking about at the end? I've already posted why incestuous relationships are no longer the norm. Do some research instead of asking silly rhetorical questions. Please!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanted to add to this. We now know King Tut was a product of an incestuous relationship. And he was a sickly child/adult.
We now know incestuous relationships more often than not cause severe deformities in offspring. That's why it's frowned upon and no longer the norm.
Wasn't too long ago cousins could legally marry in southern states. Second and third cousins still can, IIRC.
But I see you're still willing to cherry pick what you believe out of the Bible.
I clearly remember reading bible stories of mothers and sons making babies, brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters... and you're probably as peachy with that as you are about believing Noah's flood was the only flood worth mentioning.
Not every modern day marriage results in producing children. With easy access to abortion and birth control brother/sister relationships shouldn't be a problem. that goes for cousins too.

Why not? I'm peachy with everything except killing babies in the womb.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min WAKE UP DEM VOTERS 1,079,024
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min CunningLinguist 224,027
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••