Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336645 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#312739 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute here! You said modern day LGBT *changed* the definition of marriage from one man marrying one woman. And you were shown the many different philosophies of marriage, the different definitions of marriage going all the way back to ancient times. You forget why? You asked for proof of it going back 25yrs or more. So you got the proof.
See, your post above is an attempt to change the parameters of your own argument. That is deceitful. That's why you get called on being "less than honest".
The dictionary definition.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312740 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said a flood didn't happen around the Black Sea around 5, 6, 7 thousand years ago. Nobody was arguing about floods. The argument was specifically about Noah's flood. Based on your responses. Like the one where you claimed you believed God meant it when he said there would be no more floods of that proportion. Only trouble with that is, scientists are studying old evidence of ancient tsunamis. And we've all heard and seen the destruction of the recent tsunamis in this very decade. That tells me nature determined the force of flooding, not the will of God. That's why the story of Noah's Flood, and the similar stories told by other peoples in other cultures during different times, were told as ways to explain what must have been beyond their knowledge at the time.
Isn't amazing, that she's so stupid, she thinks she can pretend she wasn't talking about Noah? Just like she wanted to pretend that she wasn't talking about women having abortions when she said "death at someone else's whim".

She's lying like a rug.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312741 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said a flood didn't happen around the Black Sea around 5, 6, 7 thousand years ago. Nobody was arguing about floods. The argument was specifically about Noah's flood. Based on your responses. Like the one where you claimed you believed God meant it when he said there would be no more floods of that proportion. Only trouble with that is, scientists are studying old evidence of ancient tsunamis. And we've all heard and seen the destruction of the recent tsunamis in this very decade. That tells me nature determined the force of flooding, not the will of God. That's why the story of Noah's Flood, and the similar stories told by other peoples in other cultures during different times, were told as ways to explain what must have been beyond their knowledge at the time.
They may be studing old sunamis but that is quite different than the flood that stayed and changed the landscape.

I think that it is just fine that you don't see the hand of God in anything. I am not trying to convince you. It isn't neccessary.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312742 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That was never the argument. Why must you be so dishonest? Your OWN source showed proof of my ACTUAL argument, in fact. It listed more than one definition. You dishonestly didn't provide a link to that source, or copy and paste the other definitions, but they were there.
You can think that the definition of marriage in the dictionary included same sex unions back to the first printed dictionary if you want. If you believe it, then it must be true.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312743 Oct 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, agree, LNM.
It gets tiring.
No it is just a pain in the butt when you insist on making your meaning, my meaning. If you are still talking about the flood, all I said was that scientists say that there was one 5,000 years ago and it was one of a kind.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312744 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can think that the definition of marriage in the dictionary included same sex unions back to the first printed dictionary if you want. If you believe it, then it must be true.
My argument never specified dictionary entries. Given that the concept predates dictionaries, why would I do so?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312745 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't amazing, that she's so stupid, she thinks she can pretend she wasn't talking about Noah? Just like she wanted to pretend that she wasn't talking about women having abortions when she said "death at someone else's whim".
She's lying like a rug.
I will answer you again. I believe there is somethingf in the story of Noah's Ark. That doesn't mean I take it literally. But something catastrophic happened and not everyone survived. Do I believe that God was involved? Yes, but I believe that He is involved in everything. My first response on this subject was to point out 'only' that there was evidence for a real flood and it might not be mythology.

Someone said gays face death daily due to someone else's whim. I said everybody faces death daily according to someone else's whim. We see it everyday with random shootings and killings. We also see see it everyday when a woman chooses to abort her child. For any child conceived, her life depends on the whim of her mother.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312746 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument never specified dictionary entries. Given that the concept predates dictionaries, why would I do so?
My argument was all about the dictionary definition. If you are honest you will see that it has recently changed to include same sex couples.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312747 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The dictionary definition.
You said nothing about the dictionary at first, either.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312748 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument was all about the dictionary definition. If you are honest you will see that it has recently changed to include same sex couples.
No, your original whine didn't specify the dictionary, either.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312749 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer you again. I believe there is somethingf in the story of Noah's Ark. That doesn't mean I take it literally. But something catastrophic happened and not everyone survived. Do I believe that God was involved? Yes, but I believe that He is involved in everything. My first response on this subject was to point out 'only' that there was evidence for a real flood and it might not be mythology.
Someone said gays face death daily due to someone else's whim. I said everybody faces death daily according to someone else's whim. We see it everyday with random shootings and killings. We also see see it everyday when a woman chooses to abort her child. For any child conceived, her life depends on the whim of her mother.
You just proved me right, thank you.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312751 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your original whine didn't specify the dictionary, either.
It was a comment not a whine and at least one other poster gave me several modern dictionary definitions. One poster even said that is how dictionaries evolve. So everyone but you knew I was talking about the dictionary. Not unusual.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312752 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved me right, thank you.
I never said anything different. If you understood me correctly, that is amazing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312753 Oct 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I admitted that I won't tell posters about my family. You on the other hand lay it out there for every stranger to see. You put your personal info out there, and expect posters not to comment, you are a jack wagon.
You're lying again. You said, and I quote "I never tell the truth about my family on Topix" (THAT means lying because you talk about them all the time), and you admitted, point-blank, that you lied about your brother dying.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312754 Oct 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I admitted that I won't tell posters about my family. You on the other hand lay it out there for every stranger to see. You put your personal info out there, and expect posters not to comment, you are a jack wagon.
Sorry, I don't speak redneck. What's a "jack wagon"?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312755 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a comment not a whine and at least one other poster gave me several modern dictionary definitions. One poster even said that is how dictionaries evolve. So everyone but you knew I was talking about the dictionary. Not unusual.
It was a whine.

And no, you were NOT talking about the dictionary only.

You were wrong, and it's been proven. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312756 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything different. If you understood me correctly, that is amazing.
Wow, you really are dumb as dirt.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312758 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a whine.
And no, you were NOT talking about the dictionary only.
You were wrong, and it's been proven. Stop making a fool out of yourself.
There you go being an arrogant control freak again. Your life must be hell at home. Sorry about that.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312759 Oct 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't speak redneck. What's a "jack wagon"?
You don't speak or understand English either.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312760 Oct 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go being an arrogant control freak again. Your life must be hell at home. Sorry about that.
Fine, carry on making a fool out of yourself.

There, happy now, Witless? LOL!

You're a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Tuffet 1,744,338
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,798
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2