Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,461 - 292,480 of 305,174 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what a fundamentalist Christian is. You call everybody that.
calling everyone a fundie is their catch-all response. they use it in lieu of a real argument for their position. this misogynist obsessed loony tunes and that bigot moon are the worst offenders.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not shocked *you* believe Ink's going off what you call "facts".[QUOTE]

yes you are. you said "wow".

and what do you know...not mention or apology about your lie that i agreed that gays do not face the possibility of death on someone's whim. that's par for the course for you.

[QUOTE]I completely disagree with both you and Ink. No need to converse further.
you "completely" disgree huh ? let's see we both believe that gays face the possibility of death on someone's whim so there can be no "complete" disagreement there.

i explained how fetuses in fact "do" face the possibility of death on someone's whim. now if you disagree explain why.
my guess is you'll take the cowardly "no need to converse further" approach. why? because you can't explain why.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not the original document for any of it's content, and I think you know that, so where is the original written account that was transcribed into the OT? Where is the original document?
Maybe in Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hebrew_B...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
calling everyone a fundie is their catch-all response. they use it in lieu of a real argument for their position. this misogynist obsessed loony tunes and that bigot moon are the worst offenders.
Yeah they wouldn't like it if we referred to them as Gosnells.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

<quoted text>
You mean like when early science proved all that heliocentric nonsense to be utter, well...nonsense? You mean like that?
No I mean like now. We have advanced. Maybe you haven't noticed.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The "belief that abortion is an issue of human rights" is an erroneous belief. Whether Christians or Atheists hold on to it makes no difference.
of course it makes a difference. how is it possible for an atheist/secularist to oppose abortion based on religious beliefs when not only do they not hold any religious beliefs and deny the existence of any deity ?
Nor does it exclude the fact you *believe* you're not acting religiously in your beliefs. Or that religion holds no sway over your beliefs.
who the hell are you to tell me what my beliefs are based on ?
no offense lady but you are a whack job. i picture you as edith bunker....only not nearly as intelligent.
You can keep telling me and others it does not, but your own words belie that message.
really? which words ? and be specific. why must my belief that a fetus is a member of the human race be based on religion or god ? it is consistent with science. it is only "your" subjective/philosophical belief that this human individual is not a "person" or not a "human being".
Besides, what do you care what I think about you anyway? You're probably care for me as little as I care for you.
you stick your nose in and respond to a post not even directed at you...proceed to tell me that what i believe is not really what i believe and then when i dare to respond you have the nerve to ask why ?

you're a kook.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What "real" history are you seeking to validate?
I think what you would refer to as 'real history' with real scientists will eventually validate Biblical history.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
correction, i "know" i'm not a fundie. i only said she provided evidence of a major flood. which she did. i didn't say that evidence constituted proof of the biblical flood or that i even believed a biblical flood occurred.
It is amazing what you can deny when you don't want to believe something. Be it a flood or that it is a child being killed in an abortion.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Then I imagine you are a bigot against atheists and/or pro-choicers.
not at all. i disagree with one particular position that they hold, nothing more.
i'm not biased against them based on who they are. i would never portray all of them as sexual deviants or negatively stereotype them simply because of what race or religion they might belong to. that's you sweetheart
The shoes fits on either foot...bigot.
you're a complete and utter failure with respect to your attempts to defend your bigotry. you're pathetic.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
correction, i "know" i'm not a fundie. i only said she provided evidence of a major flood. which she did. i didn't say that evidence constituted proof of the biblical flood or that i even believed a biblical flood occurred.
Thing is,numbnuts, that we were taking about evidence to back up the noahs arc story. Try paying attention.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
100% of all fetuses do NOT face "murder",
point of clarification, mutt. i should not have used the term "murder". what bitner said was that 100% of gays "face the possibility of death at someone's whim" while 100% of embryos/fetuses do not.

unless you are referring to the way your loving god slaughters fetuses at random. Women who want to carry have no intention of aborting; the fetus will develop normally unless your deity does something horrific.
<quoted text>
wrong mutt. women who want to carry can always change their minds.....on a whim. even those who claim to be pro life are still subject to changing their mind, either through coercion from another or due to a change in their own personal circumstances. the possibility can never be ruled out. the fact that the killing of a fetus is legal and easily accessible makes the possibility that much greater. at least gays have laws that might deter the "whim" of a potentail attacker.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't it have been the same flood reported by many different cultures?
Sure, if you ignore the years in between stories. I mean really. Different cultures and different peoples of different times talking about floods and you think it's just one flood?

It is a known fact Christianity "borrowed" their stories from earlier beliefs. There are three stories of the virgin birth going way back before Jesus was born. And these are identical in detail. Only the names and faces have changed.

And... it's all based on early understandings of Astrology. Like what you call "End Times" actually refers to the end of an age. Right now we're in the Age of Pisces (a fish... hmmm .... ringing any bells?), but will soon be moving into the Age of Aquarius.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is,numbnuts, that we were taking about evidence to back up the noahs arc story. Try paying attention.
Why doesn't a massive flood in about the time of Noah not back up the story?
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the connections. That's why they call them male and female. Look it up.
I know plenty about male & female parts or hoses, thank you. You can still place a smaller diameter hose into a larger one. Perhaps I missed the context of your discussion. If I did and am mistaken, I do apologize for jumping the gun.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Your concept of right and wrong is not universal. For instance, most cultures oppose stealing because it is disruptive to group unity, which was paramount in small communities. On the other hand, some cultures had a god who looked over thieves, like mercury (hermes); theft was allowable in some circumstances. One of the greatest western heroes was robin hood, who was a thief and occasional murderer.
Abortion beliefs are just that--beliefs. The ONLY beliefs that are pertinent, however, are those of the pregnant woman. She is the only sentient being directly affected by the pregnancy.
<quoted text>
what are you babbling about ? the universality of the concept of right and wrong was not the issue here. the issue was simply the fact that religion need not be the basis for opposition to abortion.

go back to your own little fantasy world where you create issues and arguments that don't exist and then respond to them. don't involve me in them though, mutt.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what you would refer to as 'real history' with real scientists will eventually validate Biblical history.
Including the creation of our world, 800 year old people, angels, noahs arc & the resurrection of jesus?

I doubt science will ever validate anything of that nature.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing what you can deny when you don't want to believe something. Be it a flood or that it is a child being killed in an abortion.
Why do you continue the be so dense? Flooding on our planet is not in dispute; it is the Story of noahs arc, and the details of that story, that we can deny because there isn't any evidence.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't a massive flood in about the time of Noah not back up the story?
One person has speculated that a flood Might have occurred at that time And the story is based on a world wife flood. You know the story but choose to only believe some of the details.

Continue with your cherry picking and wishful speculation, but it would be incorrect to say that there is any evidence to back up what the bible says.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes self rightous ego stroking. Believe what you want.
Give me a reason to believe otherwise, please.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a reason to believe otherwise, please.
I already have at great length. It is a child and children shouldn't be disposable. IMO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••