Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312595 Oct 4, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
correction, i "know" i'm not a fundie. i only said she provided evidence of a major flood. which she did. i didn't say that evidence constituted proof of the biblical flood or that i even believed a biblical flood occurred.
Thing is,numbnuts, that we were taking about evidence to back up the noahs arc story. Try paying attention.
worships reality

AOL

#312596 Oct 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
100% of all fetuses do NOT face "murder",
point of clarification, mutt. i should not have used the term "murder". what bitner said was that 100% of gays "face the possibility of death at someone's whim" while 100% of embryos/fetuses do not.

unless you are referring to the way your loving god slaughters fetuses at random. Women who want to carry have no intention of aborting; the fetus will develop normally unless your deity does something horrific.
<quoted text>
wrong mutt. women who want to carry can always change their minds.....on a whim. even those who claim to be pro life are still subject to changing their mind, either through coercion from another or due to a change in their own personal circumstances. the possibility can never be ruled out. the fact that the killing of a fetus is legal and easily accessible makes the possibility that much greater. at least gays have laws that might deter the "whim" of a potentail attacker.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312597 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't it have been the same flood reported by many different cultures?
Sure, if you ignore the years in between stories. I mean really. Different cultures and different peoples of different times talking about floods and you think it's just one flood?

It is a known fact Christianity "borrowed" their stories from earlier beliefs. There are three stories of the virgin birth going way back before Jesus was born. And these are identical in detail. Only the names and faces have changed.

And... it's all based on early understandings of Astrology. Like what you call "End Times" actually refers to the end of an age. Right now we're in the Age of Pisces (a fish... hmmm .... ringing any bells?), but will soon be moving into the Age of Aquarius.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312598 Oct 4, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is,numbnuts, that we were taking about evidence to back up the noahs arc story. Try paying attention.
Why doesn't a massive flood in about the time of Noah not back up the story?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312599 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the connections. That's why they call them male and female. Look it up.
I know plenty about male & female parts or hoses, thank you. You can still place a smaller diameter hose into a larger one. Perhaps I missed the context of your discussion. If I did and am mistaken, I do apologize for jumping the gun.
worships reality

AOL

#312600 Oct 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your concept of right and wrong is not universal. For instance, most cultures oppose stealing because it is disruptive to group unity, which was paramount in small communities. On the other hand, some cultures had a god who looked over thieves, like mercury (hermes); theft was allowable in some circumstances. One of the greatest western heroes was robin hood, who was a thief and occasional murderer.
Abortion beliefs are just that--beliefs. The ONLY beliefs that are pertinent, however, are those of the pregnant woman. She is the only sentient being directly affected by the pregnancy.
<quoted text>
what are you babbling about ? the universality of the concept of right and wrong was not the issue here. the issue was simply the fact that religion need not be the basis for opposition to abortion.

go back to your own little fantasy world where you create issues and arguments that don't exist and then respond to them. don't involve me in them though, mutt.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312601 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what you would refer to as 'real history' with real scientists will eventually validate Biblical history.
Including the creation of our world, 800 year old people, angels, noahs arc & the resurrection of jesus?

I doubt science will ever validate anything of that nature.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312602 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing what you can deny when you don't want to believe something. Be it a flood or that it is a child being killed in an abortion.
Why do you continue the be so dense? Flooding on our planet is not in dispute; it is the Story of noahs arc, and the details of that story, that we can deny because there isn't any evidence.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312603 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't a massive flood in about the time of Noah not back up the story?
One person has speculated that a flood Might have occurred at that time And the story is based on a world wife flood. You know the story but choose to only believe some of the details.

Continue with your cherry picking and wishful speculation, but it would be incorrect to say that there is any evidence to back up what the bible says.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312604 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes self rightous ego stroking. Believe what you want.
Give me a reason to believe otherwise, please.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312605 Oct 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a reason to believe otherwise, please.
I already have at great length. It is a child and children shouldn't be disposable. IMO
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312606 Oct 4, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I know plenty about male & female parts or hoses, thank you. You can still place a smaller diameter hose into a larger one. Perhaps I missed the context of your discussion. If I did and am mistaken, I do apologize for jumping the gun.
You did The comment was a tongue in cheek refrence to plumbing connections, that there is a female coupling and a male coupling and that is the only way to connect one piece of hose or pipe to another securely.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312607 Oct 4, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Including the creation of our world, 800 year old people, angels, noahs arc & the resurrection of jesus?
I doubt science will ever validate anything of that nature.
No a lot of that is faith based but some of what is told in the Bible may have some basis in fact.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312608 Oct 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you ignore the years in between stories. I mean really. Different cultures and different peoples of different times talking about floods and you think it's just one flood?
It is a known fact Christianity "borrowed" their stories from earlier beliefs. There are three stories of the virgin birth going way back before Jesus was born. And these are identical in detail. Only the names and faces have changed.
And... it's all based on early understandings of Astrology. Like what you call "End Times" actually refers to the end of an age. Right now we're in the Age of Pisces (a fish... hmmm .... ringing any bells?), but will soon be moving into the Age of Aquarius.
I think if you check you will find that the stories of a great flood are in the same time frame.

All of the Christianity stories were written by Jews who felt that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the Hebrew wittings. They didn't borrow anything, they were Jews.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312609 Oct 4, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i view abortion as a human rights issue. my opposition to it is not based at all on religion. i favor the use of contraception. i support sex/contraception education, and i have no objection whatsoever to gay marriage. if i'm a fundie you better start a campaign to have the definition changed.
kills you that you can't pigeon hole everyone you disagree with and that you might actually have to argue the merits of your position rather than resort to personal attacks, doesn't it?
turns you into a stuttering, stammering mess.
You claim, "i view abortion as a human rights issue."

I claim, the only way abortion is a human rights issue is if women are denied access to safe, legal ones. It is not an issue for the embryo/fetus because these entities do not have civil rights. These are not yet counted part of the species until birth. Birth is the magic moment when limited civil rights are established. Until newborns reach the age of majority, their parents make legal/medical decisions for them. It can be no different for an embryo/fetus.

Tell me how, if it were up to you, you'd transfer grown women's civil rights to their embryo/fetuses during pregnancy without removing theirs to do so.

How do two entities share the same set of civil rights of bodily autonomy and personal privacy without competing?
Katie

Kent, WA

#312610 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if you check you will find that the stories of a great flood are in the same time frame.
All of the Christianity stories were written by Jews who felt that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the Hebrew wittings. They didn't borrow anything, they were Jews.
And how did Mysticism affect Early Christianity? I think, if you check, you'll find the stories go even further back.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312613 Oct 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Some Saints were Mystics because of Christ. Now how could Christian Mysticism go back further than Christ? Do you know anything about Christianity? I doubt it. Christ calls young men to study to become a priest, they have a calling which I find mystic. Christ chooses men to become priests out of that bunch.
Aren't you funny? Thinking Mysticism began with Christianity are you? LOL

You might want to double even triple check that, K&P. You can be so darn cute at times! LOL
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312614 Oct 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did Mysticism affect Early Christianity? I think, if you check, you'll find the stories go even further back.
If you mean this meaning:

: a religious practice based on the belief that knowledge of spiritual truth can be gained by praying or thinking deeply

then this is a part of Christianity as well as most other religions.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312616 Oct 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the different philosophies of marriage throughout the years and cultures. The one you cite is just one of many. Like it or not, at one time same sex marriage was accepted until the Christian Romans outlawed it and executed those who'd already enjoyed the sanctity of it. Linked that up for you the other day. Don't think you chose to respond, though.
Your argument that because some thing happened in the past means it should be acceptable today makes me wonder if, because Caluglia married his sister that should be the norm now?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312617 Oct 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument that because some thing happened in the past means it should be acceptable today makes me wonder if, because Caluglia married his sister that should be the norm now?
That was never the argument, and you know it. It IS proof that no one has, or is trying to, change the definition of marriage.

First you claimed that people were trying to change "the" definition of marriage.

Then, when shown that there isn't just one definition, and that there has never been just one, you deflected, asking for a definition older than 25 years.

When shown links that PROVE that marriage was never just defined as between one man and one woman, you deflect again, by comparing it to incest.

You were wrong. And you were proven wrong. Be an adult, and own up to it (especially after whining that I don't ever admit to being wrong, which you were ALSO wrong about).

Try for a little integrity. Just a small bit will be a pleasant surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min dollarsbill 247,311
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min shinningelectr0n 1,275,358
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 min IB DaMann 6,853
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 43 min Trojan 29,921
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web