Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,588
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312468 Oct 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know but the 'lore' does seem to have some basis in fact as well as a lot of other things in the bible that we wouldn't otherwise know of.
The only "fact" in the story is that floods are common on this planet and chances are a few happened a long, long time ago.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312469 Oct 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know but the 'lore' does seem to have some basis in fact as well as a lot of other things in the bible that we wouldn't otherwise know of.
If you saw a neighbor working hard day and night for several weeks building an ark in his back yard, and you went and asked him what he was up to, and he told you God spoke to him and instructed him to build said ark because God was planning a huge flood that would wipe out most of the planet, you would probably think the guy is a nut.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312470 Oct 2, 2013
Hoses can't marry at all.

BTW--if you have two male hose ends of different diameters, they can join together just like a male/female coupling.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can marry a female hose end to a male hose end but you can't marry twos ends that are the same.
feces for jesus

Rockville Centre, NY

#312471 Oct 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Really when was it changed to a man and a woman?
You even quoted that it comes from old French. Trace the history. Go do your own research instead of making more incorrect claims.
feces for jesus

Rockville Centre, NY

#312472 Oct 2, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "fact" in the story is that floods are common on this planet and chances are a few happened a long, long time ago.
She still refuses to acknowledge that there is no evidence of the noahs arc flood... Story,which we should just call a myth or a fable.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312473 Oct 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a dictionary that isn't recent that includes same sex relationship as a 'marriage.'
The meaning has been changed. Why not just accept it and be 'Gay Power Proud'
I accepted the fact that sexual orientation should have nothing to do with a person's rights, a long time ago.

When you accept the fact that gays can marry, without whining that they're getting 'special rights', get back to me.
worships reality

AOL

#312474 Oct 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going to side with Ink and believe that 100% of Gays do not face murder, but that 100% of embryo/fetuses do?
first off, stop lying. i never said gays do not face murder. what i said is that 100% of embryos/fetuses also do. and that is a fact. in fact, the threat embryos/fetuses face is even greater because killing them is legal. at least born gay people have laws protecting them.
Wow.
you're shocked that i would side with those who state facts?

wow.
worships reality

AOL

#312475 Oct 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming abortion is "an issue of basic fudamental human rights," is a form of Christian dogma.
so is the belief that stealing is wrong. it doesn't mean that belief is exclusive to christians however. one need not be christian to hold the belief that taking someone else's property is wrong.
Human rights are premised on those already born.
"From this foundation, the modern human rights arguments emerged over the latter half of the twentieth century.[6]
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world...
—1st sentence of the Preamble to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
—Article 1 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)[7]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights
3.2 Rights of Women, Minorities, and Groups
(this entire section is informative and contains several other links)
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/rights-huma...
"The Court’s conclusions of violations contrary to the American Convention on Human Rights followed from its ruling that, under the Convention, in vitro embryos are not “persons” and do not possess a right to life. Accordingly, the prohibition of IVF to protect embryos constituted a disproportionate and unjustifiable denial of infertile individuals’ human rights. The Court distinguished fertilization from conception, since conception—unlike fertilization—depends on an embryo’s implantation in a woman’s body. Under human rights law, legal protection of an embryo “from conception” is inapplicable between its creation by fertilization and completion of its implantation in utero."
http://reprohealthlaw.wordpress.com/2013/09/1...
the belief that abortion is an issue of human rights is not a belief that is exclusive to christians. there are atheists who are opposed to abortion based on the very premise that the fetus is a distinct "being" and a member of the species homo sapien. ever hear of robert price ? christopher hitchens ? nat hentoff ?
you have no idea what you're talking about.
but then again look who i'm trying to explain this to, a birdbrain who doesn't believe that pregnancy can be a direct result of a willful act.
worships reality

AOL

#312476 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Is there some law that states I have to be pro-Catholic?
none at all. same as there are no laws saying you have to be pro white, or pro black, or pro jew,et al. doesn't make you any less of a bigot.
worships reality

AOL

#312477 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
When it suits you fundies you attribute things to "God's will" and when it suits you fundies you attribute things to "nature".
Whichever way the wind blows, eh?
you fundies? i am no fundie. not even close.
you're a one trick pony. when you cannot refute a point you always fall back on your "fundie" accusation. arguing the merits of your position based solely on facts leaves you a quivering, stumbling mess.
worships reality

AOL

#312478 Oct 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Science says it really is a fetus inside the womb.
science says it is a distinct human life inside the womb.
Sentimentality and overwrought emotions about other women's pregnancies, claim it's a 'baby'- but a BABY would suffocate in a womb.
(Babies are born, and breathe air. FETUSES, not so much.)
baby is a subjective term. no one is "wrong" if they claim a fetus is a baby.
so now, in addition to birth and viability, the ability to process oxygen is now the basis for determining whether the right to life should be legally protected?
Try again?
yeah. but this time i want to destroy shovel's logic. can you summon her please ? you phony.
worships reality

AOL

#312479 Oct 3, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
She still refuses to acknowledge that there is no evidence of the noahs arc flood... Story,which we should just call a myth or a fable.
there is evidence. she showed it. evidence is not necessarily proof. some of your posts are evidence that you might be an idiot. doesn't mean you definitely are.

is jonnycakes still full of you, you old horndog?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312480 Oct 3, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
there is evidence. she showed it. evidence is not necessarily proof. some of your posts are evidence that you might be an idiot. doesn't mean you definitely are.
is jonnycakes still full of you, you old horndog?
And you think you're not a funde!!!!!

Nope, not a single shred of evidence to link any flood to the Noahs arc fable in the links ink provided. Get back to us know when you can be honest

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#312481 Oct 3, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
science says it is a distinct human life inside the womb...
...known in scientific circles as...wait for it...yep:
a FETUS.

Next...

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#312482 Oct 3, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
science says it is a distinct human life inside the womb.
The womb? What womb? Whose womb? To whom does the womb belong? Who has ownership?
Pick one.

A. Religion
B. Government
C. Men
D. A woman/girl

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#312483 Oct 3, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you fundies? i am no fundie.
Oh PLEASE!

And a bird doesn't have feathers, a bear doesn't shit in the woods, the pope is not catholic and the earth is not round.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#312484 Oct 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>A same sex marriage doesn't have God .
Wrong. A same-sex marriage doesn't have YOUR god. And doesn't want it. Why pledge eternal faithfulness to your loved one, in the name of a weak sauce deity that can't even stop heteros from having gay kids??
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312486 Oct 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you got of the info provided to you at your request?
Did you bother to read the link? The history?
Will you at least concede it goes back further than the 25yrs you requested?
Why don't you, just for fun, look up the Greeks' idea of "love".
Yes I know their idea of love. Holding boys in their keeping for sodomizing. I will grant you that lifestyle goes way back. My question was about recognizable marriages.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312487 Oct 3, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE!
And a bird doesn't have feathers, a bear doesn't shit in the woods, the pope is not catholic and the earth is not round.
You don't know what a fundamentalist Christian is. You call everybody that.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312488 Oct 3, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The womb? What womb? Whose womb? To whom does the womb belong? Who has ownership?
Pick one.
A. Religion
B. Government
C. Men
D. A woman/girl
E God. He created all of you including your womb. Use it well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,143,493
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 6 min LonePalm 2,167
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min ChristineM 231,895
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,219
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr PDX Dave 641
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) 7 hr Tell em Ump 144
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Sat ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE