Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313381 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312517 Oct 3, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you fundies? i am no fundie. not even close.
you're a one trick pony. when you cannot refute a point you always fall back on your "fundie" accusation. arguing the merits of your position based solely on facts leaves you a quivering, stumbling mess.
I'm still waiting for you fundies to actually present some facts. What point would you like me to refute? All you do is scream "bigot!". Get a new schtick, hon.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312518 Oct 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They had no idea of the size of the world but to them it was the world. And so they recorded it as such. Yes they may have explained it as a work of God but the question was, did it happen and it looks like it did.
Floods happened, yes, but beyond that? Just myths. There is know proof there ever was a Noah, a communique from a God, an Ark or anything else.

Does anyone have the original "recorded" story "they" supposedly wrote?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312519 Oct 3, 2013
"no"

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312520 Oct 3, 2013
100% of all fetuses do NOT face "murder", unless you are referring to the way your loving god slaughters fetuses at random. Women who want to carry have no intention of aborting; the fetus will develop normally unless your deity does something horrific.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
first off, stop lying. i never said gays do not face murder. what i said is that 100% of embryos/fetuses also do. and that is a fact. in fact, the threat embryos/fetuses face is even greater because killing them is legal. at least born gay people have laws protecting them.
<quoted text>
you're shocked that i would side with those who state facts?
wow.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312521 Oct 3, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe? I'd say more than likely. Hey at least you entertain the possibility, but you just can't come out and say it's likey wrong?
When exactly does the bible say this took place? 2500-2300 bc?
That link you gave last week about Robert Ballard; well it states that the evidence showed a flood MAY have occurred about 7500 years ago. That's 2000 years prior to what the bible says. Your link is evidence against you and your bibles claim.
I have said in the past and I say again I don't take the Bible word for word. Recollections are just that, recollections.These are oral histories finally written down before calendars or clocks.

I will say that eventually the Bible will prove to contain a lot of truth about 'real' history.

Indianapolis

#312522 Oct 3, 2013
Your concept of right and wrong is not universal. For instance, most cultures oppose stealing because it is disruptive to group unity, which was paramount in small communities. On the other hand, some cultures had a god who looked over thieves, like mercury (hermes); theft was allowable in some circumstances. One of the greatest western heroes was robin hood, who was a thief and occasional murderer.

Abortion beliefs are just that--beliefs. The ONLY beliefs that are pertinent, however, are those of the pregnant woman. She is the only sentient being directly affected by the pregnancy.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
so is the belief that stealing is wrong. it doesn't mean that belief is exclusive to christians however. one need not be christian to hold the belief that taking someone else's property is wrong.
<quoted text>
the belief that abortion is an issue of human rights is not a belief that is exclusive to christians. there are atheists who are opposed to abortion based on the very premise that the fetus is a distinct "being" and a member of the species homo sapien. ever hear of robert price ? christopher hitchens ? nat hentoff ?
you have no idea what you're talking about.
but then again look who i'm trying to explain this to, a birdbrain who doesn't believe that pregnancy can be a direct result of a willful act.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312523 Oct 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of marriage has had different meanings throughout the years and cultures to which it's been applied. That's what the Wiki link showed you. That's what Bitner's been saying. Others, too. There were different philosophies of what constituted marriage through the years and different cultures.
So when you continue to insist it's a "fact" that "the meaning has been changed to accomodate gays" even while you've been shown this is not the case, what is a person supposed to believe about you? That you willingly choose to ignore bona fide fact to stubbornly hang onto your misbelief? That your beliefs are based on such deceit it runs too deep for you to correct?
You deceive yourself and don't seem open to correction, imo. Even as you claim you don't care. If you didn't care, it'd be no problem to face the fact you're wrong.
Is this what you are referring to?

In an analysis of marriage among the Nayar, a polyandrous society in India, Gough found that the group lacked a husband role in the conventional sense; that unitary role in the west was divided between a non-resident "social father" of the woman's children, and her lovers who were the actual procreators. None of these men had legal rights to the woman's child. This forced Gough to disregard sexual access as a key element of marriage and to define it in terms of legitimacy of offspring alone: marriage is "a relationship established between a woman and one or more other persons, which provides a child born to the woman under circumstances not prohibited by the rules of relationship, is accorded full birth-status rights common to normal members of his society or social stratum.

Then yes I have failed to see that there are other types of marriages in the world. This would probably work here in the US very well. It is right up the women's rights alley. A real 'no man needed' society. Go girls.

Indianapolis

#312524 Oct 3, 2013
Science says nothing of the kind. It says the fetus is a biological entity sharing genetic traits from both progenitors. It has the same genes whether it is alive or dead, born or stillborn.

If you use the term "baby" subjectively, it still doesn't make a fetus the same as a neonate. It just makes the term meaningless.

Being born is the basis for accruing rights.
what happens within the "envelope" of the woman's body is her business.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
science says it is a distinct human life inside the womb.
<quoted text>
baby is a subjective term. no one is "wrong" if they claim a fetus is a baby.
so now, in addition to birth and viability, the ability to process oxygen is now the basis for determining whether the right to life should be legally protected?
<quoted text>
yeah. but this time i want to destroy shovel's logic. can you summon her please ? you phony.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312525 Oct 3, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, it's basic engineering (and common sense) that you can fit a smaller diameter hose into a larger diameter hose.
We were talking about the connections. That's why they call them male and female. Look it up.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312526 Oct 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is absolutely no evidence that there was a God-induced flood meant as mass retribution, or a Noah's Ark. The only thing that is for certain is that there were probably floods back in those days...just as there are now.
You would have to prove another of that magnitude and I bet you can't find any evidence because God said He would never do it again.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312527 Oct 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Floods happened, yes, but beyond that? Just myths. There is know proof there ever was a Noah, a communique from a God, an Ark or anything else.
Does anyone have the original "recorded" story "they" supposedly wrote?
Yeah, the recorded story is in the Bible.

Indianapolis

#312528 Oct 3, 2013
Just like heteros have daughters to screw--that goes back at least to Lot, who your god considered a righteous man.

SSM's are legally created in 14 states and DC, and recognized in even more. The fact is that gay marriage will be a nation-wide inevitability.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know their idea of love. Holding boys in their keeping for sodomizing. I will grant you that lifestyle goes way back. My question was about recognizable marriages.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#312529 Oct 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your concept of right and wrong is not universal. For instance, most cultures oppose stealing because it is disruptive to group unity, which was paramount in small communities. On the other hand, some cultures had a god who looked over thieves, like mercury (hermes); theft was allowable in some circumstances. One of the greatest western heroes was robin hood, who was a thief and occasional murderer.
Abortion beliefs are just that--beliefs. The ONLY beliefs that are pertinent, however, are those of the pregnant woman. She is the only sentient being directly affected by the pregnancy.
<quoted text>
And why would a stranger care if a woman chose to destroy her pregnancy? Pregnancies are destroyed every day. And the grief is dealt with by those who were nurturing it, hoping for a live birth.

Live birth is never guaranteed, though. And there's no way to guarantee it.

So why the fuss over what some stranger in some other state or country chooses to do with her pregnancy? What's in it for them? Has to be something.

Indianapolis

#312530 Oct 3, 2013
When your god comes around with a deed and all the child support he missed, then he's a factor. NOT UNTIL.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
E God. He created all of you including your womb. Use it well.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#312531 Oct 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what you are referring to?
In an analysis of marriage among the Nayar, a polyandrous society in India, Gough found that the group lacked a husband role in the conventional sense; that unitary role in the west was divided between a non-resident "social father" of the woman's children, and her lovers who were the actual procreators. None of these men had legal rights to the woman's child. This forced Gough to disregard sexual access as a key element of marriage and to define it in terms of legitimacy of offspring alone: marriage is "a relationship established between a woman and one or more other persons, which provides a child born to the woman under circumstances not prohibited by the rules of relationship, is accorded full birth-status rights common to normal members of his society or social stratum.
Then yes I have failed to see that there are other types of marriages in the world. This would probably work here in the US very well. It is right up the women's rights alley. A real 'no man needed' society. Go girls.
I was referring to the different philosophies of marriage throughout the years and cultures. The one you cite is just one of many. Like it or not, at one time same sex marriage was accepted until the Christian Romans outlawed it and executed those who'd already enjoyed the sanctity of it. Linked that up for you the other day. Don't think you chose to respond, though.

Indianapolis

#312532 Oct 3, 2013
Any connector with threads that express both inside ande out can connect if one is slightly smaller than the other.

Fortunately, humans arent hose's--so we not only fit into the appropriate sockets quite easily, but we can also marry.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know much about plumbing, do yah?

Indianapolis

#312533 Oct 3, 2013
I rarely look things up when I post--I don't need to. I received a good education.

Ever heard of "education"?
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the internet that poser doesn't know much about anything.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312534 Oct 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the different philosophies of marriage throughout the years and cultures. The one you cite is just one of many. Like it or not, at one time same sex marriage was accepted until the Christian Romans outlawed it and executed those who'd already enjoyed the sanctity of it. Linked that up for you the other day. Don't think you chose to respond, though.
You mean like Nero?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312535 Oct 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Just like heteros have daughters to screw--that goes back at least to Lot, who your god considered a righteous man.
SSM's are legally created in 14 states and DC, and recognized in even more. The fact is that gay marriage will be a nation-wide inevitability.
<quoted text>
If Lot did something wrong, it shows how forgiving God is.

I agree it is inevitable.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312536 Oct 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Any connector with threads that express both inside ande out can connect if one is slightly smaller than the other.
Fortunately, humans arent hose's--so we not only fit into the appropriate sockets quite easily, but we can also marry.
<quoted text>
They don't thread inside and out. That's why they are called male and female.

Appropriate?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,496,869
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 43 min Fake News 10,975
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 43 min Trojan 32,755
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 19 hr TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 hr waaasssuuup 258,484
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web