Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,121 - 292,140 of 305,185 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She wants unmarried women to sew their legs shut until properly united to a man, by the RCC, and to attempt gestation of each and every resulting pregnancy, regardless of circumstances. She doesn't give a damn what the guys do, married or not.
Actually she thinks the rules of her religion should control everyone.

It's an odd thing she's sayin'.

If "God's will" is a pregnancy then the would-be fornicators are expected to fornicate. Right? And not use a condom. Right? Because apparently, using a condom is a worse sin than fornicating. I guess. Who knows? Sjm makes it up as she goes along.

Parents

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a mispelling there..
jesus is God
The authority of the Apostolic
and Ecclesiastical Traditions,
and of the Holy Scriptures,
which we must interpret, and
understand only, in the sense
which our holy mother, the Catholic
Church, has held and does hold;
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From the above link It gives children no rights just like the unborn children. I guess it is assumed that the parents will protect them and insure their safe keeping.
Once one takes seriously the question of whether some norms that are now counted as human rights do not merit that status and whether some norms that are not currently accepted as human rights should be upgraded, there are many possible ways to proceed. One approach that should be avoided puts a lot of weight on whether the norm in question really is, or could be, a right in a strict sense. This approach might yield arguments that human rights cannot include children's rights since young children cannot exercise their rights by invoking, claiming, or waiving (Hart 1955, Wellman 1995). This approach begs the question of whether human rights are rights in a strict sense rather than a fairly loose one. The human rights movement and its purposes are not well served by being forced into a narrow conceptual framework. When we look at human rights documents we find that they use a variety of normative concepts. Sometimes they speak of rights, as when the Universal Declaration says that “Everyone has the right to freedom of movement”(Article 13). Sometimes these documents issue prohibitions, as when the Universal Declaration says that “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention, or exile”(Article 9). And at other times they express general principles, as illustrated by the Universal Declaration's claim that “All are equal before the law”(Article 7).
While I'm glad you read some of what was posted, there are many more links (as I'd mentioned) under the section specified for Human Rights of women and minorities.

"Convention on the Rights of the Child

The Convention on the Rights of the Child is the first legally binding international instrument to incorporate the full range of human rights—civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights. In 1989, world leaders decided that children needed a special convention just for them because people under 18 years old often need special care and protection that adults do not. The leaders also wanted to make sure that the world recognized that children have human rights too."
http://www.unicef.org/crc/
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
The authority of the Apostolic
and Ecclesiastical Traditions,
and of the Holy Scriptures,
Church, has held and does hold;
"the Holy Scriptures,
Church, has held and does hold;"

Hogwash. As a Christian, I can say that. "Holy mother" Catholic Church my ass. pfft
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"the Holy Scriptures,
Church, has held and does hold;"
Hogwash. As a Christian, I can say that. "Holy mother" Catholic Church my ass. pfft
Peek a Boo!
Hi StO :)
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going to side with Ink and believe that 100% of Gays do not face murder, but that 100% of embryo/fetuses do?
Wow.
Heya Katie.

Btw, I didn't get the beating a dead horse thing. Good you splained it to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya Katie.
Btw, I didn't get the beating a dead horse thing. Good you splained it to me.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program...
Yeah, that one was FUBARed fer sure! Sorry :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not a bigot because you love books. you're a bigot because of your anti-catholic prejudice. did you forget about that already, bigot?
just what is the range of your memory...about 10 minutes?
Is there some law that states I have to be pro-Catholic?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
"my" dogma? what is my dogma? abortion is not an issue of god or religion. it's an issue of basic fudamental human rights. stop trying to justify conscious intentional killing by equating it to nature's biological rejection of a pregnancy, or disease caused by mutated bacteria. would you cease bitching about cold blooded murder or call for the abolishing of laws against murder beacause god "allows" thousands of others to die due to accident or disease?
you sound stupid. in addition to your bigotry.
When it suits you fundies you attribute things to "God's will" and when it suits you fundies you attribute things to "nature".

Whichever way the wind blows, eh?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
best defense is a good offense, eh? no where here do you deny her lack of a life and 24/7 presence on here.
i'm not on this forum that frequently at all. it's up to you if you choose to believe that or not. but that's neither here nor there. the fact is her perpetual presence here is a matter of record. that your reaction is to not acknowledge that reality but immediately jump to her defense is a noble if not predictable gesture, and something, as noted by her silence, she doesn't even care to do for herself.
in the words of that immortal misogynist, groucho : "remember, you're defending this woman's honor....which is probably more than she ever did."
Yawn...I'm sorry...what?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is God.
So the night before the crucifixion Jesus was praying to himself. And when Jesus was on the cross he was talking to himself when he asked for his crucifiers to be forgiven. And when Jesus ascended in Heaven he sat at the right hand of himself.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
The fates were implacable, but hera was glenn close-level scary!
<quoted text>
LOL! Introductions must've been interesting, too. "I'd like you to meet my husband and my brother..."
headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount -

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
If she gives a damn what married women do then it's self evident she gives a damn what married men do since married women can't get pregnant alone. As far as non married men are concerned, there's no need for her to give a damn as any possible mate has already got their legs sewn shut.
You know those non stop stupid things you say? You need to think them all the way through first.
Sew your member to your poop chute, you dumb sonofabitch.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So the night before the crucifixion Jesus was praying to himself. And when Jesus was on the cross he was talking to himself when he asked for his crucifiers to be forgiven. And when Jesus ascended in Heaven he sat at the right hand of the Father.
And everything else that has been defined,
and declared by sacred Canons, and by the General
Councils and particularly by the holy Council of Trent,
and delivered, defined, and declared by the General Council
of the Vatican, especially concerning the Primacy of the Roman
Pontiff, and his infallible teaching Authority. With a
sincere heart, therefore, and with unfeigned faith, I detest
and abjure error, heresy and sect opposed to the said Holy,
Catholic, Apostolic Roman Catholic Church. So help me God,
and these His holy Gospels, which I touch with my hand. Amen.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong as usual.
No, not "as usual". Just occasionally. AND, I freely admitted it, though I doubt you'll be honest enough to acknowledge that I did.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?"
And yet, no acknowledgement for the fact that I realized I was wrong, and admitted it. It's more than YOU would do, Dishonest One.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be clear. I said everyone is subject to death at someone else's whim. Everyone who goes to work or school or the movies or the mall. Everyone.
After days you did. But your original question indicated otherwise, Witless. And when you were talking about someone else's "whim", you were talking about abortion.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not "as usual". Just occasionally. AND, I freely admitted it, though I doubt you'll be honest enough to acknowledge that I did.
Yes you did. You shouldn't doubt my honesty like that.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
After days you did. But your original question indicated otherwise, Witless. And when you were talking about someone else's "whim", you were talking about abortion.
I thought you were talking about gays being killed at someone else's whim. I say everybody can be killed at someone else's whim. That means everybody including unborn children in their fetus stage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••