Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,606)

Showing posts 292,101 - 292,120 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever THAT means. Yes, I post at this abortion forum, and participate in any discussion thread I choose. That seems to be a problem for you for some reason. Too bad.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
You spending your life on an abortion forum doesn't bother me at all. IMHO, you proaborts are all here to hear truth. Obviously, your conscience is bothering you. You NEED validation for what your supporting as choice.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry, fucwit, but one of the things I write about for a living. "Organic" really has no meaning; despite what people think, labeling something as organic is no guarantee that it's chemical or pesticide free. Nor is free-range meat necessarily healthier.
There is a reason we use pesticides, chemicals, preservatives, etc.
<quoted text>
Sooooooo....eating animals that have been forced fed junk while caged that have been injected with hormones, and eating chemicals and pesticides on fruit and veggies or using products that have all kinds of God knows what in them,....is just as good as NOT.

LMAO!

What a puppet fool you are.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Please do.
Show us the proof that two confirmed Baptists or two Jews, or two Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Christian Scientists, Mormons, Satanists, Santerians, Wiccans, or Pastafarians ever got married in the Catholic church. Without either one converting to Catholicism.
G'head.
And then show us where any Pope has said that would be ok. Even the current one.
Why would she need to show you proof of something that was not said?

She was agreeing to a "Catholic" marrying outside her religion in a Catholic church. Cham denied it and asked knit for proof of another Catholic confirming it.Ink did just that.

URWelcome!
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Peace wrote:
The PCs on here are very nasty people. Ya'll need to go outside once in awhile and enjoy nature. Find a healthy hobby or something productive. It irks me when people just sit and hate on others. First you want to take away another's right to their life,then you want to show such hatred,bigotry and intolerance towards those you dislike. What deep issues do you people have that leads you to disrespect others on a daily occurrence? It's very disturbing to witness. Can't you search deep within and find out what's really causing this?
Peace!
NO God
NO peace
KNOW God
KNOW peace
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The SCPL on here, are very dishonest people. Ya'll need to quit throwing stones while living in glass houses. Find a child to adopt, if you want to make a difference in a child's life, and enjoy your freedoms. First you want to take away another's right to reproductive decisions, then you want to advocate for hatred of other religions, bigotry against gays and lesbians, and intolerance for being held legally accountable like anyone else. What deep issues do you have that lead you to judge and threaten others on a daily basis? Searching deep within, must be pretty difficult when you're about as deep as a teaspoon. It's almost funny to witness, but when one realizes how far this sort of perspective is being carried into legislation affecting everyone, it ceases being amusing, and becomes a cause.
Given the political winds blowing in this country, and the windmills, ie: legislation, being erected to direct them, females can look forward to being microchipped at birth for the purpose of tracking our reproductive decades, from menarche to menopause. This way, the government can make sure it's informed when any girl becomes a woman, and whenever one is pregnant, and retain evidence which can later be used to prosecute miscarriage, and quarantine us during pregnancy, for the safety of the species.
Sheesh.
Oh what a wicked wicked woman you are with all these lies.

Lies
Lies
Lies
Yeahhh
(They're gonna gitchoo you)
Lies
Lies
Lies
Yeahhhh
(they won't forget you)
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

godless by choice wrote:
"Ink" clueless about another thing
Seems like something is missing from her life but she probably doesn't know it.
i'm a man,and the last thing i need in my life is an imaginary friend.
You're a man now?

LOL
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The SCPL on here, are very dishonest people. Ya'll need to quit throwing stones while living in glass houses. Find a child to adopt, if you want to make a difference in a child's life, and enjoy your freedoms. First you want to take away another's right to reproductive decisions, then you want to advocate for hatred of other religions, bigotry against gays and lesbians, and intolerance for being held legally accountable like anyone else. What deep issues do you have that lead you to judge and threaten others on a daily basis? Searching deep within, must be pretty difficult when you're about as deep as a teaspoon. It's almost funny to witness, but when one realizes how far this sort of perspective is being carried into legislation affecting everyone, it ceases being amusing, and becomes a cause.
Given the political winds blowing in this country, and the windmills, ie: legislation, being erected to direct them, females can look forward to being microchipped at birth for the purpose of tracking our reproductive decades, from menarche to menopause. This way, the government can make sure it's informed when any girl becomes a woman, and whenever one is pregnant, and retain evidence which can later be used to prosecute miscarriage, and quarantine us during pregnancy, for the safety of the species.
Sheesh.
The Veneration of the Saints, and of their images;
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> God forbids sex outside of marriage. While many, like you pointed out, choose to do it anyway OR fall into temptations to do it,..still have an opportunity to repentant and change their ways. Isn't that why Christ died for us on the cross?
What do you mean that "I" give them "no reason to go ahead and choose abortion"? I don't negatively influence people by remaining sinful. THEY choose God or they reject him. But as I pointed out, there is always hope.
I would never say"hey, youre sinning any so why not go out with a bang". I tell the truth and i will NOT condone or justify their sins anymore than I do my own.
So tell me then, why do you believe using a condom is a sin?

If all can be forgiven, don't you think it better the fornicators use a condom? Then no pregnancy and no choice to make, which means no abortion.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't do a very good job.
Yes, I did a fine job. You just refuse to think at all about what I say because you want to stay mired in blind faith. That's your right, but that doesn't mean my points aren't valid. You assign petty human emotions to an allegedly omnipotent being who clearly would be above such things as being "offended". A being that can create an entire Universe is so easily offended? C'mon.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>+30.
J'ever notice that nine times in ten, when the word 'hate' is offered in a post, it's by someone who identifies with Christianity? It's that whole 'projection' thing.
I counted all the instances once, for about 3 weeks, and it was really interesting how often 'Christians' use that word. Either "God hates______(insert whatever it is THEY hate here)" or "_____ hates God," or "_____hates Christians."
Non-Christians generally only use it in response to Christian assertions of the above sort. Out of about 500 posts containing the word, which I read, posters who identified with anything other than Christianity, used "I hate ___....." a grand total of 11 times. So,'nine out of ten' is a very generous estimate...it's actually more like 'ninety-eight out of one hundred'.
Just sayin.
I do remember that count, and found it interesting.

Ink projected those emotions onto my post just as many of the Christians project their own feelings onto their version of God. God seems to "hate" what THEY hate. God is "offended" by what offends THEM. They make their God in THEIR image...not the other way around.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>More ad hominem. Got an actual rebuttal?
That's the same woman who often whines that the big bad PCers are always the ones doing the insulting.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
True, and beliefs also varied from one area to another. But he was never omniscient and omnipotent like the christian god, and was still subject to the Fates.
<quoted text>
And Hera fixed his wagon a lot, too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>You spending your life on an abortion forum doesn't bother me at all. IMHO, you proaborts are all here to hear truth. Obviously, your conscience is bothering you. You NEED validation for what your supporting as choice.
Sassy really, get over yourself already.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me then, why do you believe using a condom is a sin?
If all can be forgiven, don't you think it better the fornicators use a condom? Then no pregnancy and no choice to make, which means no abortion.
First of all, your assumption that condom use equates to no pregnancy, is totally ignorant.

God forbids sex outside of marriage. It was meant to be used within a marriage for the procreation of children(first and foremost). Promoting a sinful act is wrong, participating in a sinful act is wrong and suggesting a false sense of avoiding the natural result of that act is sinful. You went from giving into a sinful temptation to dismissing that sin and oping to rid yourself of the natural result of that act.

It's not a temptation sin anymore, it's a completely mind made up 'I'm going to do this regardless of offending our Lord and that's that". It becomes premeditated .

It's equates to giving into "a one time"temptation to cheat on your wife with your neighbor vs the attitude of "oh well I cheated already on my wife, what's one more romp in the back of my car as if it makes any difference".

At the temptation to sin(tegardless of that sin) we ought to go to God to give us graces and strength to avoid it and if we give in to the temptation, we should ask for forgiveness...not premeditate the next occurance.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink projected those emotions onto my post just as many of the Christians project their own feelings onto their version of God. God seems to "hate" what THEY hate. God is "offended" by what offends THEM. They make their God in THEIR image...not the other way around.
Interesting post. See, Jesus was man. He felt emotions. He sacrificed his life for our sins. You don't think that it offended him, hurt him deeply when people (whom he died for) laughed at him, spit at him, condemned him to death, hurt by his friends who in THEIR humanness -abandoned him, etc..? He loves us and every time we sin, we hammer that nail in his hands , crucify or spit on him.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, I did a fine job. You just refuse to think at all about what I say because you want to stay mired in blind faith. That's your right, but that doesn't mean my points aren't valid. You assign petty human emotions to an allegedly omnipotent being who clearly would be above such things as being "offended". A being that can create an entire Universe is so easily offended? C'mon.
I assign them? We are created in His image and likeness so it isn't farfetched to think we have similar emotions. We know a lot about him through the bible. I don't have to assign any qualities to Him.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go along.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting post. See, Jesus was man. He felt emotions. He sacrificed his life for our sins. You don't think that it offended him, hurt him deeply when people (whom he died for) laughed at him, spit at him, condemned him to death, hurt by his friends who in THEIR humanness -abandoned him, etc..? He loves us and every time we sin, we hammer that nail in his hands , crucify or spit on him.
We were talking about God. God the Divine. God is not human. Jesus was human. There's the difference.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I assign them? We are created in His image and likeness so it isn't farfetched to think we have similar emotions. We know a lot about him through the bible. I don't have to assign any qualities to Him.
And yet it happens here daily. The bible is an ancient text translated into many languages, interpreted by many different people and heavy on metaphor and symbolism. Humans scripted the bible so we clearly know what offended the people of the times. God? Not so much. God was merely a manifestation of their somewhat primitive minds. God, like Zeus, was anything the people wanted him to be...loving, hateful, mass murdering, forgiving...anything.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go along.
That's pretty much what I'm saying about the fundies here who assign there own emotions to their image of God. If you're against gay marriage or abortion then that's your right, but how convenient that in the end you take what YOU'RE against and tell us that it's because this allegedly omnipotent and punitive divine being is against it also, and so you're aligned together, with this all-powerful being, against those who disagree with your POV.

In your mind is bringing your Divine entity into it supposed to give more strength to your personal feelings on any given issue?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 292,101 - 292,120 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••