Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,603)

Showing posts 292,041 - 292,060 of305,063
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

True, and beliefs also varied from one area to another. But he was never omniscient and omnipotent like the christian god, and was still subject to the Fates.
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, as the Greek culture changed so do did their depictions of Zeus.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Either the bible is the inerrant word of your god, or it isn't. If you say it wasn't world-wide, then it was just another flood. Nothing miraculous about it; the nile floods all the time.
<quoted text>
This one lasted long enough to show archeological evidence and to remain in the memories of the people there for generations.

No one said it was a miracle. The miracle was that Noah was warned well ahead of time.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>Your first question was a joke obviously.::chuckle chuckle::
If abortion becomes illegal, it will be called murder. The Hitman(Dr) and his client(Mom) should be charged like any other murder. IF Dad is part of it, he should be charged accordingly.
Bet the couples who can't control themselves sexually will have to think twice before having sex when the woma is fertile. NO abortion or imprisonment for killing will make people take responsibility for their actions.
No more "Uh...duh...i didn't know sex lead to pregnancy" ESPECIALLY among adults.
Don't want a baby, don't conceive one. IMAGINE that?!?!
It wasn't anything approaching a joke. Technology has advanced sufficiently to provide for that sort of microchip already. Once the religious right is firmly in power, it becomes more and more likely that women will be implanted with one. Be careful what you wish for.

At least you're honest about what consequences you'd like to see for women who abort - but as a person who calls herself 'pro-life', advocating the death penalty for women who abort a pregnancy, has negated the meaning of your purported stance.

Your whole agenda is controlling "....the couples who can't control themselves sexually..." Guess what? You are not your God.

And as long as prevention is available and practiced, both unwanted pregnancy AND abortion will continue to get less and less prevalent. As they have for the last two decades. Proportionate to the number of live births, the number of abortions has decreased by about 25% since the 1970's. Pro-birth folks are winning, and that trend started before all the restrictive, and punitive, right-wing sponsored encroachments, on a woman's reproductive rights.

But you're against contraception, too.

Which makes you, dear sassy, a POSTER CHILD for 'pro-birth' and 'pro-control' rather than 'pro-life'.

Get the hell out of my uterus, and stay out.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you found the truth about your motives so entertaining.
Make up your mind - do non-believers have consciences, or not - and then proceed from there. What do you say to atheist women who gestate their pregnancies? Don't they 'know the difference between right and wrong'?
Tell me, where in the Bible does God mention fetuses? Where does Jesus mention them? What guilt or shame does either version of your deity ascribe to women who abort?
Since when did God say fetuses 'should' have a voice? Why didn't he give them one, or does he just not give a shit?
He kills them routinely, you know. With intent. Go figure.
You don't think that is an angry post?

The Bible speaks of the child in the womb as a child and that He knows them before they are born.
Thou shall not murder is one of God's rules.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just identifying the pro aborts post for what they are. Hate filled.
Hate for unborn babies
Men
Women who change their minds and don't abort.
God
Christians, especially Catholics
Anyone who doesn't agree with you on any subject.
Women who give birth and wouldn't think of aborting an unplanned pregnancy for convenience.
The list goes on.
Find one post...ONE...in which I used the word 'hate' to describe ANY of those things.

ONE.(or as many as you can!!)

I'll wait...

Christians ascribe that word to everyone's motives besides their own.

I don't.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Find one post...ONE...in which I used the word 'hate' to describe ANY of those things.
ONE.(or as many as you can!!)
I'll wait...
Christians ascribe that word to everyone's motives besides their own.
I don't.
It comes through loud and clear in most of your posts.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think that is an angry post?
The Bible speaks of the child in the womb as a child and that He knows them before they are born.
Thou shall not murder is one of God's rules.
Of course it's an angry post. But you fail to understand that it's not a 'god' I'm angry at, Ink. I'm angry at the behavior of people like you, who claim to speak for the Divine, and whose interpretation of the laws of Nature is contrary to every aspect of God. Most especially the ones who hold and put forth these opinions, in legislatjion which applies to everyone.

And I still don't hate you. Or your religion, or your version of the Divine, or mothers who don't abort, or protestors, or even those lawmakers. The lawmakers disgust me, and I disparage them. But I honestly don't 'hate' much of anything, other than hypocrisy and threats.

Prove I do.

G'head.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes through loud and clear in most of your posts.
Prove it.

One post where I claim to HATE anything (other than hypocrisy, and threats) or any person...ever.

You like to ascribe it to everyone but yourself, and you assume you're constantly its recipient.

Quit playing the martyr.
It's unseemly.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

"Ink" clueless about another thing
Seems like something is missing from her life but she probably doesn't know it.

i'm a man,and the last thing i need in my life is an imaginary friend.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

None of which is mentioned in the bible. And what generations? Your god slaughtered pretty much everyone, remember?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This one lasted long enough to show archeological evidence and to remain in the memories of the people there for generations.
No one said it was a miracle. The miracle was that Noah was warned well ahead of time.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it's an angry post. But you fail to understand that it's not a 'god' I'm angry at, Ink. I'm angry at the behavior of people like you, who claim to speak for the Divine, and whose interpretation of the laws of Nature is contrary to every aspect of God. Most especially the ones who hold and put forth these opinions, in legislatjion which applies to everyone.
And I still don't hate you. Or your religion, or your version of the Divine, or mothers who don't abort, or protestors, or even those lawmakers. The lawmakers disgust me, and I disparage them. But I honestly don't 'hate' much of anything, other than hypocrisy and threats.
Prove I do.
G'head.
I'll take your word for it.

Why are you angry at my behavior? I don't speak for the Divine but if you believe that there is a Divine, He has made it very clear how He wants us to live and you seem to be disgusted by those who try and follow His rules. The laws of God and nature co-exist comfortably. When you go against them, life is tougher. I know that from experience.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
One post where I claim to HATE anything (other than hypocrisy, and threats) or any person...ever.
You like to ascribe it to everyone but yourself, and you assume you're constantly its recipient.
Quit playing the martyr.
It's unseemly.
Just trying to give you some constructive criticism on holding a back and forth conversation.

Have to go for a while .Check back later.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Does a woman have right of self-defense from another human being?
Of course. For instance, if you were going to hit me, I have a right to stop you by putting up my fist. I wouldn't stab you though or shoot yohr head off.

Okay let's have it grumpy. Go and tell me that a baby is threatening his/her mom while inutero and that she therefore has a right to kill that child.

My 10 month old threw her glass bottle at me one day. Should i have the rigt to kill her in self defense?

My friend was telling me just about a half of an hohr ago that her husband is a pain in the ass and that the stress is killing her. She feels like shes going to have a stroke. What do you suggest grumpy? A bullet between his eyes or should she choke him.

Out of self defense, of COURSE ;)
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?
So you 'didnt' know but you made the stupid assumptio anyway.

*sigh*

Typical.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not when she's pregnant - Sassy doesn't believe pregnancy ever threatens a woman's life. Even when it does.
When all else fails...just lie. Isn't that right playa? See, I never ever ever ever said that.

Is your 13 yr old CHILD all excited about the upcoming issue of playboy that you ordered for him?

Playa the prodeath/abort =creepy mom.

Ugh!
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever THAT means. Yes, I post at this abortion forum, and participate in any discussion thread I choose. That seems to be a problem for you for some reason. Too bad.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
You spending your life on an abortion forum doesn't bother me at all. IMHO, you proaborts are all here to hear truth. Obviously, your conscience is bothering you. You NEED validation for what your supporting as choice.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry, fucwit, but one of the things I write about for a living. "Organic" really has no meaning; despite what people think, labeling something as organic is no guarantee that it's chemical or pesticide free. Nor is free-range meat necessarily healthier.
There is a reason we use pesticides, chemicals, preservatives, etc.
<quoted text>
Sooooooo....eating animals that have been forced fed junk while caged that have been injected with hormones, and eating chemicals and pesticides on fruit and veggies or using products that have all kinds of God knows what in them,....is just as good as NOT.

LMAO!

What a puppet fool you are.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Please do.
Show us the proof that two confirmed Baptists or two Jews, or two Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Christian Scientists, Mormons, Satanists, Santerians, Wiccans, or Pastafarians ever got married in the Catholic church. Without either one converting to Catholicism.
G'head.
And then show us where any Pope has said that would be ok. Even the current one.
Why would she need to show you proof of something that was not said?

She was agreeing to a "Catholic" marrying outside her religion in a Catholic church. Cham denied it and asked knit for proof of another Catholic confirming it.Ink did just that.

URWelcome!
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Peace wrote:
The PCs on here are very nasty people. Ya'll need to go outside once in awhile and enjoy nature. Find a healthy hobby or something productive. It irks me when people just sit and hate on others. First you want to take away another's right to their life,then you want to show such hatred,bigotry and intolerance towards those you dislike. What deep issues do you people have that leads you to disrespect others on a daily occurrence? It's very disturbing to witness. Can't you search deep within and find out what's really causing this?
Peace!
NO God
NO peace
KNOW God
KNOW peace
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The SCPL on here, are very dishonest people. Ya'll need to quit throwing stones while living in glass houses. Find a child to adopt, if you want to make a difference in a child's life, and enjoy your freedoms. First you want to take away another's right to reproductive decisions, then you want to advocate for hatred of other religions, bigotry against gays and lesbians, and intolerance for being held legally accountable like anyone else. What deep issues do you have that lead you to judge and threaten others on a daily basis? Searching deep within, must be pretty difficult when you're about as deep as a teaspoon. It's almost funny to witness, but when one realizes how far this sort of perspective is being carried into legislation affecting everyone, it ceases being amusing, and becomes a cause.
Given the political winds blowing in this country, and the windmills, ie: legislation, being erected to direct them, females can look forward to being microchipped at birth for the purpose of tracking our reproductive decades, from menarche to menopause. This way, the government can make sure it's informed when any girl becomes a woman, and whenever one is pregnant, and retain evidence which can later be used to prosecute miscarriage, and quarantine us during pregnancy, for the safety of the species.
Sheesh.
Oh what a wicked wicked woman you are with all these lies.

Lies
Lies
Lies
Yeahhh
(They're gonna gitchoo you)
Lies
Lies
Lies
Yeahhhh
(they won't forget you)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 292,041 - 292,060 of305,063
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Uncle Samowitz 1,078,145
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 223,962
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Sun Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Sun Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••