Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330172 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312102 Sep 24, 2013
Peace wrote:
The PCs on here are very nasty people. Ya'll need to go outside once in awhile and enjoy nature. Find a healthy hobby or something productive. It irks me when people just sit and hate on others. First you want to take away another's right to their life,then you want to show such hatred,bigotry and intolerance towards those you dislike. What deep issues do you people have that leads you to disrespect others on a daily occurrence? It's very disturbing to witness. Can't you search deep within and find out what's really causing this?
Peace!
The SCPL on here, are very dishonest people. Ya'll need to quit throwing stones while living in glass houses. Find a child to adopt, if you want to make a difference in a child's life, and enjoy your freedoms. First you want to take away another's right to reproductive decisions, then you want to advocate for hatred of other religions, bigotry against gays and lesbians, and intolerance for being held legally accountable like anyone else. What deep issues do you have that lead you to judge and threaten others on a daily basis? Searching deep within, must be pretty difficult when you're about as deep as a teaspoon. It's almost funny to witness, but when one realizes how far this sort of perspective is being carried into legislation affecting everyone, it ceases being amusing, and becomes a cause.

Given the political winds blowing in this country, and the windmills, ie: legislation, being erected to direct them, females can look forward to being microchipped at birth for the purpose of tracking our reproductive decades, from menarche to menopause. This way, the government can make sure it's informed when any girl becomes a woman, and whenever one is pregnant, and retain evidence which can later be used to prosecute miscarriage, and quarantine us during pregnancy, for the safety of the species.

Sheesh.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312103 Sep 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A perfect, omnipotent being that is offended, angry, sad, etc is a contradiction of the description. In comparison, the Buddha was never offended...why? Because he reached that perfect state. Plus, he never claimed to be a god, just that he had found enlightenment. This god of theirs has a lot of catching up to do.
It really makes no sense. None.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312104 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger at Him is what surprises me. I never get angry at Zeus.
Wouldn't you have to think some one is real to hate so much?
Anger and hate? I was just making a point, that's all.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312105 Sep 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nobody is angry with your holy will-o-the-wisp. We're just tired of religious twits justifying their prejudices by using the bible. The bible shows your god as being vain, genocidal, and really kinda stupid.
When the followers of zeus start limiting the rights of free people, I'll bring up his many fictional exploits as well. On the other hand, zeus was never presented as omniscient, omnipotent, or loving.
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, as the Greek culture changed so do did their depictions of Zeus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#312106 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what she said..
Yes it is. She said that the Catholic church offers marriage services only to its members, and that at least one of the parties being married must be Catholic in order for the marriage to commence in a Catholic church.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He said they both don't have to be Catholics to marry in church..
The Pope said they *don't both* have to be Catholic. Read it again. "They both don't," would mean that neither of them do. The Pope didn't say THAT.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter married a non Catholic in church. Happens all the time.
She's Catholic. Thanks for proving my (and the OP's) point.

Next...
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312107 Sep 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The SCPL on here, are very dishonest people. Ya'll need to quit throwing stones while living in glass houses. Find a child to adopt, if you want to make a difference in a child's life, and enjoy your freedoms. First you want to take away another's right to reproductive decisions, then you want to advocate for hatred of other religions, bigotry against gays and lesbians, and intolerance for being held legally accountable like anyone else. What deep issues do you have that lead you to judge and threaten others on a daily basis? Searching deep within, must be pretty difficult when you're about as deep as a teaspoon. It's almost funny to witness, but when one realizes how far this sort of perspective is being carried into legislation affecting everyone, it ceases being amusing, and becomes a cause.
Given the political winds blowing in this country, and the windmills, ie: legislation, being erected to direct them, females can look forward to being microchipped at birth for the purpose of tracking our reproductive decades, from menarche to menopause. This way, the government can make sure it's informed when any girl becomes a woman, and whenever one is pregnant, and retain evidence which can later be used to prosecute miscarriage, and quarantine us during pregnancy, for the safety of the species.
Sheesh.
Silly woman.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312108 Sep 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't do a very good job.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#312109 Sep 24, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"sassy jm"
I am here on behalf of the victims. I am their voice. I am the voice of truth.
sounds like you are another pompus anti choice ass
If defending the rights of anothers life(who can't fight for themselves) and speaking truth makes me an antichoice "ass" in your proabort twisted mind wthen so be it.

Kthanks.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#312110 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They discovered an ancient shoreline and shells carbon dated to be about 5,000 BC for starters.
The creation story, and the story of the vapor canopy, are the basis for the claim that Earth is only 6000 years old, too.

They discovered the remains of hominids and dinosaurs, carbon dated to be well over the 6000 biblical years for which the creation / water canopy stories account, for finishers.

Picking and choosing when to 'believe in' carbon dating, and other methods of compiling scientific evidence, is fundamental to your assertions.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312111 Sep 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is. She said that the Catholic church offers marriage services only to its members, and that at least one of the parties being married must be Catholic in order for the marriage to commence in a Catholic church.
<quoted text>The Pope said they *don't both* have to be Catholic. Read it again. "They both don't," would mean that neither of them do. The Pope didn't say THAT.
<quoted text>She's Catholic. Thanks for proving my (and the OP's) point.
Next...
These are her words;

"I can't believe a former Catholic knows so little about the church like you do. Maybe if you knew more you would not have left. If someone is protestant and marrying a Catholic, yes they can get married, if a Catholic marries a Muslim or Jew, they have to get an ok from the Bishop. "

Why argue about something of which you have no knowledge?
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#312112 Sep 24, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"Ink" brayed like an ass
Unfortunately, when they rejected the Church, they also rejected God, morals and good sense.
bullshit,i don't need some imaginary friend to have good morals or sense,
Well then what DO you need then? You lack ANY sense or morals when you support killing developing human life because of their location

Duh!
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#312114 Sep 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You're here to stroke your own ego.
You are their pimp.
You are the voice of guilt, shame, and threats.
You are a waste of semen.
Stroke my own ego....on an abortion forum? Oh playa....you're hilarious!

How do you suppose that this "waste of semen"can stir the consciences of a woman enough to cause her guilt and shame? Sounds to me that she is then full of guilt and shame. She should be, as should you, for supporting killing developing humans in the womb as choice.

Pfft.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#312115 Sep 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you support a law requiring all female babies to be microchipped at birth, for purposes of monitoring reproductive development, and alerting the authorities of any pregnancy, to make sure no women anonymously abort one?
Also, if abortion becomes illegal, what do you think the legal consequences should be for the woman?
The doctor?
The man who contributed to the pregnancy?
Your first question was a joke obviously.::chuckle chuckle::

If abortion becomes illegal, it will be called murder. The Hitman(Dr) and his client(Mom) should be charged like any other murder. IF Dad is part of it, he should be charged accordingly.

Bet the couples who can't control themselves sexually will have to think twice before having sex when the woma is fertile. NO abortion or imprisonment for killing will make people take responsibility for their actions.
No more "Uh...duh...i didn't know sex lead to pregnancy" ESPECIALLY among adults.

Don't want a baby, don't conceive one. IMAGINE that?!?!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#312116 Sep 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
+30.

J'ever notice that nine times in ten, when the word 'hate' is offered in a post, it's by someone who identifies with Christianity? It's that whole 'projection' thing.

I counted all the instances once, for about 3 weeks, and it was really interesting how often 'Christians' use that word. Either "God hates______(insert whatever it is THEY hate here)" or "_____ hates God," or "_____hates Christians."

Non-Christians generally only use it in response to Christian assertions of the above sort. Out of about 500 posts containing the word, which I read, posters who identified with anything other than Christianity, used "I hate ___....." a grand total of 11 times. So,'nine out of ten' is a very generous estimate...it's actually more like 'ninety-eight out of one hundred'.

Just sayin.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312117 Sep 24, 2013
Try to comprehend--I'll use small words.

There have been big-ass floods all through history. But there is no evidence that there was ever one flood that covered the globe. You'd think the chinese would have noticed it, at least, but there's no mention at all in their history.

Roads don't become rivers--they get covered with water.

What laws are doctors breaking?
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The road to Washington Ranch
became a river.
No doctors in Carlsbad, NM.
They are criminals.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312118 Sep 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The creation story, and the story of the vapor canopy, are the basis for the claim that Earth is only 6000 years old, too.
They discovered the remains of hominids and dinosaurs, carbon dated to be well over the 6000 biblical years for which the creation / water canopy stories account, for finishers.
Picking and choosing when to 'believe in' carbon dating, and other methods of compiling scientific evidence, is fundamental to your assertions.
The earth isn't just 6,000 yers old nor was it made in six days. I always believe in carbon dating as long as what is being dated is the real thing.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#312119 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly woman.
More ad hominem. Got an actual rebuttal?
treppinh

West Mifflin, PA

#312120 Sep 24, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …Well? Was it a Boy or a Girl?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312121 Sep 24, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>Well then what DO you need then? You lack ANY sense or morals when you support killing developing human life because of their location
Duh!
Seems like something is missing from her life but she probably doesn't know it.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312122 Sep 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>+30.
J'ever notice that nine times in ten, when the word 'hate' is offered in a post, it's by someone who identifies with Christianity? It's that whole 'projection' thing.
I counted all the instances once, for about 3 weeks, and it was really interesting how often 'Christians' use that word. Either "God hates______(insert whatever it is THEY hate here)" or "_____ hates God," or "_____hates Christians."
Non-Christians generally only use it in response to Christian assertions of the above sort. Out of about 500 posts containing the word, which I read, posters who identified with anything other than Christianity, used "I hate ___....." a grand total of 11 times. So,'nine out of ten' is a very generous estimate...it's actually more like 'ninety-eight out of one hundred'.
Just sayin.
Just identifying the pro aborts post for what they are. Hate filled.

Hate for unborn babies
Men
Women who change their minds and don't abort.
God
Christians, especially Catholics
Anyone who doesn't agree with you on any subject.
Women who give birth and wouldn't think of aborting an unplanned pregnancy for convenience.
The list goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Go fish 1,704,577
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 min Into The Night 12,201
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 35,539
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,803
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec '17 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web