Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317467 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Hi there

Ardsley, NY

#311936 Sep 22, 2013
Qwerty,you have a nervous twitch that I find alarming. Can someone hug you in your home? You need it. PC's seem very needy. They act like they are scorn women seeking validation on life. God loves you and plz don't forget that.

Peace!
Qwerty

South Kent, CT

#311937 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>I love to copulate with baboons!!
Superfreak!!

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#311938 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They are wiping out Christians in Pakistan and Syria.
Really? Isn't religious zealotry grand?

If it were up to me I would put all religious zealots in a giant playpen and let them kill each other. End of problem.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311941 Sep 22, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Isn't religious zealotry grand?
If it were up to me I would put all religious zealots in a giant playpen and let them kill each other. End of problem.
I am sorry but you really are an awful person.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311942 Sep 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Here is your question....
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
"How many gays have to deal with possible death due to the whims of someone else like an unborn baby does?"
grumpy then asked you this....
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
"You never hear of homosexuals being killed because of sexual orientation?"
And here is your response.....
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
"In this country rarely. In other countries, Jews, Christians and gays are killed. Abortion on the other hand is rampant."
Now, I'll ask again, are you trying to pretend that your original question wasn't about women having elective abortions?
It wasn't a question, merely a comment about civil rights and persecution. I guess the point would be that more babies in the womb are killed that gays. You I assume would disagree with that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311943 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know anything about the real world. also those deli's are not practicing their faith, are they. Yes it is a sin to do something that goes against what the Church teaches. Photographing a gay wedding is participating in a mortal sin. And one can't force a person to do something that they would consider morally wrong and goes against Church teachings. And yes, the Pope is not for gay marriage , he says its a grave sin. He never changed his stand on it.
No, it's YOU who knows nothing about the real world.

If a Jewish deli sells pork, it's not against their religion, Moron. They're not EATING it, are they? No.

You've obviously never been to an Amish restaurant. Although the Amish aren't allowed to use line electricity or telephones, any number of Amish restaurants have those things, and it is not considered a "sin" to them.

Stop projecting the nonsense of your religion onto others.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311944 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a question, merely a comment about civil rights and persecution. I guess the point would be that more babies in the womb are killed that gays. You I assume would disagree with that.
It wasn't a question? LOL, you need to see a doctor about that lying virus you caught from sassy, knit and nr. You've got a bad case.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311945 Sep 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a question? LOL, you need to see a doctor about that lying virus you caught from sassy, knit and nr. You've got a bad case.
It was rhetorical which means it didn't need an answer because the answer was obvious. What is wrong with you that you have such a need to call everyone a liar? Look at the big picture in the discussion instead of focusing on the minurtiae.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311946 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rhetorical which means it didn't need an answer because the answer was obvious. What is wrong with you that you have such a need to call everyone a liar? Look at the big picture in the discussion instead of focusing on the minurtiae.
LOL! Oh, Witless, you are SO unarmed for this battle of wits. As unarmed as the Venus de Milo.

You mean minutiae?

And no, that was no a rhetorical question.

Yes, the answer IS obvious. I answered you. 100% of LGBT people face such a possibility. The same cannot be said of embryos/fetuses.

I DON'T call everyone a liar. I called YOU one, because you were LYING.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#311947 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know anything about the real world. also those deli's are not practicing their faith, are they. Yes it is a sin to do something that goes against what the Church teaches. Photographing a gay wedding is participating in a mortal sin. And one can't force a person to do something that they would consider morally wrong and goes against Church teachings. And yes, the Pope is not for gay marriage , he says its a grave sin. He never changed his stand on it.
Can you please point out an official Catholic statement, per the Vatican, that says taking pictures at a gay wedding is a mortal sin?
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#311948 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a question, merely a comment about civil rights and persecution. I guess the point would be that more babies in the womb are killed that gays. You I assume would disagree with that.
BORN children (actual children, not fetuses that might not even make it to term) die from starvation each day, but I don't see "pro-life" people trying to raise attention to that issue.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311949 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If a couple wants a baby, they want a baby and that is their right.
If a woman does not want to gestate for the infertile, she doesn't, and that is her right too.

If a couple wants a 'baby' to the exclusion of all other ages, that seems to be a decision of 'convenience' to me...

I don't agree with adoption in the interests of 'convenience'. Adoptions should be in the interest of the child.

Don't you agree?
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#311950 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know anything about the real world. also those deli's are not practicing their faith, are they. Yes it is a sin to do something that goes against what the Church teaches. Photographing a gay wedding is participating in a mortal sin. And one can't force a person to do something that they would consider morally wrong and goes against Church teachings. And yes, the Pope is not for gay marriage , he says its a grave sin. He never changed his stand on it.
Sin has nothing to do with discrimination, wacko.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311951 Sep 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If a woman does not want to gestate for the infertile, she doesn't, and that is her right too.
If a couple wants a 'baby' to the exclusion of all other ages, that seems to be a decision of 'convenience' to me...
I don't agree with adoption in the interests of 'convenience'. Adoptions should be in the interest of the child.
Don't you agree?
No it should be in the interests of all concerned.

Since you don't expect a woman to carry a child she doesn't want why should she be expected to adopt a child she doesn't want?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311952 Sep 22, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
BORN children (actual children, not fetuses that might not even make it to term) die from starvation each day, but I don't see "pro-life" people trying to raise attention to that issue.
They do and they give millions of dollars to help feed the poor.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311953 Sep 22, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
BORN children (actual children, not fetuses that might not even make it to term) die from starvation each day, but I don't see "pro-life" people trying to raise attention to that issue.
That's because they're NOT 'pro-life'. They're PRO-FETUS. Honesty is absent from the entire premise of the SCPL, because in all reality EVERYONE is pro-life to one extent or another, even if the only life they care about is their own.

Life is a continuum and a process - not an individual event. To be alive is to be fundamentally pro-life.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#311954 Sep 22, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please point out an official Catholic statement, per the Vatican, that says taking pictures at a gay wedding is a mortal sin?
Greetings Michelle!

I'm not going to wait for an answer. Which won't be forthcoming, because it was spun from cloth made from the threads of an active imagination.

Everything seems to be a mortal sin these days. Makes me pine for the days when garden variety venial sinning was commonplace.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#311955 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They do and they give millions of dollars to help feed the poor.
What about you?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311956 Sep 22, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What about you?
I wish I had more to give but I am sure that even my pittence helps. Salvation Army is one of my favorite causes.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311957 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it should be in the interests of all concerned.
Since you don't expect a woman to carry a child she doesn't want why should she be expected to adopt a child she doesn't want?
I don't have those expectations. It's not me who is trying to change hearts and minds. But if you 'expect' women to act only in ways of which you approve, you're bound to be disappointed.

Just sayin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min smile n wave 1,600,635
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 11,556
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr LMAO phart 34,188
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Aug 28 FindPhartss 23
More from around the web