Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
291,701 - 291,720 of 305,378 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
"god said blah blah blah....."
That all you've got it blah blah blah.
Get back to us when you have a leg to stand on, ms paradox
Jesuscare.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't lost my temper. Calling stupid people stupid does not require you to be angry at them.
Like I said, what you are seeing is astonishment, disdain, amusement and pity by turns.
And by the way, rarely in real life do I run across people as stupid as you, and when I do, I generally don't converse with them.
Yet, you spend endless hours, days and years on here with "stupid people"when you could be living your life.

I think ink was corrected in her assessment of you. But of COURSE you will disagree.

Oh, and call names.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We know of two occurences where someone didn't want to provide a service for a gay marriage. Every black in the south couldn't eat at a white establishment or sit where they want on a bus, drink from a water fountain, go to school or even speak to a white person. I would take issue that not being able to marry is a far cry from what the blacks went through.
I'm sorry. How many times does it have to occur to be discrimination in your book?

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you don't know if the couple would not get married in the Church, there have been times when the protestant couple decides not only to get married but take instruction to become a Catholic, which by the way takes a long time so they could get married in the Church before they become Catholic.
Think about that one, Knit. If the couple took instruction to become Catholic, that would make them....wait for it....CATHOLIC getting married in the Catholic church. They're no longer Baptists!
Husker Du wrote:
And yes, businesses do not have to serve someone who goes against what they believe, its called the conscience law. A Jewish person is not forced to sell bacon, right? Or a Muslim is not forced to have pork on their restaurant menu, right?
This has already been explained to you MULTIPLE times. If a Jewish person is operating a restaurant that doesn't sell bacon to ANYONE, no, they don't have to sell it. If, however, a Jewish person is operating a restaurant that serves BLTs then, yes, they must serve to anyone requesting a sandwich regardless of religion. I really don't understand why you're having such a hard time with this concept.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry. How many times does it have to occur to be discrimination in your book?
I see that you are not aware of the difference. Get some black history books. What about the black kids looking for a white guy to shoot. So they shot an Australian student. Now do we put white students on the same level as black discrimination?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are not aware of the difference. Get some black history books. What about the black kids looking for a white guy to shoot. So they shot an Australian student. Now do we put white students on the same level as black discrimination?
Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. Gays are killed for being gay, whites are killed for being white, and blacks are killed for being black. People are killed because their killers were bored. Doctors are killed because of the procedure they perform. Women are killed because they didn't get someone a beer fast enough. Christians are killed because they preach tolerance in countries which don't have any.
None of these things is okay.
Jenny Bigmouth

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
"#PopeFrancis to gynecologists: every unborn child who is unjustly condemned to be aborted has face of Jesus. The elderly, too
#Pope Frank to Dusky Hue: Quit misquoting me, you blithering idiot, and go gestate something. Are you still sitting there? Wipe your chin, and get in the bedroom, unless you want it right here on the floor.

Next...
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. Gays are killed for being gay, whites are killed for being white, and blacks are killed for being black. People are killed because their killers were bored. Doctors are killed because of the procedure they perform. Women are killed because they didn't get someone a beer fast enough. Christians are killed because they preach tolerance in countries which don't have any.
Humans are being killed while in the womb because mom doesn't want to mothsr them AND is too selfish to put the baby up for adoption.

Over 50 million since RvW in this country alone. NOT okay. Discrimination at its finast.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

The pope is irrelevant to most of the world and even to many american catholics.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Actually everything he said is the same thing Benedict said. Nothing has changed. I get a kick out of how liberals are going bat crazy over this! They just don't know we have been telling them the same thing for years, they just refused to listen and now since Pope Frances is a rock star to them, they listen. Ya wanna know a little secret? The Pope still says abortion is murder and that same sex marriage is wrong.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The gift that keeps on giving...

Hope you're not having any continuing symptoms!
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't donate blood because 18 years ago, my former boyfriend ate at a dirty restaurant, and gave me hepA for my 30th birthday. Yee-haw.
Ain't life grand?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The gift that keeps on giving...
Hope you're not having any continuing symptoms!
<quoted text>
No, thanks. Been at least 17 years...but I wanted to die, while I had them. I prayed for it, actually.

As you can see, the Lord said 'wait'....

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A little high on yourself, aren't you. That superior attitude on topix, I think, shows someone comming unglued. You appear to not be able to handle any any opinion contrary to your's. You're taking this much to seriously and cannot disxcern whether some one is serious or putting you on. Chill out for your own good.
LOL, nonsense. You're deflecting again, Witless.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Yet, you spend endless hours, days and years on here with "stupid people"when you could be living your life.
I think ink was corrected in her assessment of you. But of COURSE you will disagree.
Oh, and call names.
Except I don't spend "endless hours" on here.

Many people on here AREN'T stupid, and I have to be on the computer anyway for some of those hours, for work.

And, aside from the last week, I can't remember the last time I'd been on in the evening. I am living my life.

Of course I disagree with Witless, she's wrong. But it doesn't make me angry. You people simply aren't important enough to make me angry.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>If a Jewish person operating a restaurant, if he/she is operating it that would mean, he owns it or manages it, he /she would not have BLT's on the menu. A Baptist couple sure can get married in a Catholic Church, they don't have to have the full wedding rite, just the wedding ceremony and sometimes a Baptist minister can be there along with a priest. Its been done. Lets say you go into a Muslim neighborhood Burger King, there wouldn't be any pork product there.
You know, I don't care about the damned photographers one way or the other. But you keep missing the point.

They are ALREADY SELLING THE PRODUCT. It's not a question of making them offer photography services for weddings, they already do so. Stop comparing it to making a Jewish restaurant offer something EXTRA. It's a stupid comparison.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. Gays are killed for being gay, whites are killed for being white, and blacks are killed for being black. People are killed because their killers were bored. Doctors are killed because of the procedure they perform. Women are killed because they didn't get someone a beer fast enough. Christians are killed because they preach tolerance in countries which don't have any.
Exactly, but wholesale discrimination of blacks for two hundred and fifty years does hold a more prominent place in history then anyone else.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The pope is irrelevant to most of the world and even to many american catholics.
<quoted text>
I think you are wrong and I believe that he is going to be much more relevant. I think you can only speak for yourself.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
1. It is not an "act" that the Pope is trying to "sell" you. He speaks for Christ. Christ is calling us, not the Pope.
2. So you kicked his church(rejected him) because you claim that it brings misery and oppression, yet you seem miserable and oppressed 25 yrs later. You support killing humans as choice and you've been on her for yearsscreaming it. It's legal. Move on. Why are you still here?? Seems like your conscience won't allow you to move o OR be at peace.
1. As far as I'M concerned, sASSy, it IS an act the Pope is trying to sell. Just because YOU believe such nonsense doesn't obligate me to do the same.

2. Yes, I kicked the toxic baggage of the Catholic Church to the curb over 25 years ago, and I still consider that to be one of the best decisions I ever made. Personally, I think you're just pissed off that anyone can cheerfully reject its misogyny and oppression without any "consequences," but thankfully that isn't my problem. It's yours. By the way, I don't have to "explain" why I'm still posting here, to you or anyone else. Don't like my posts? Your solution is simple; don't read them.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
So you kicked his church(rejected him) because you claim that it brings misery and oppression, yet you seem miserable and oppressed 25 yrs later.
Believe whatever nonsense you want, sASSy. It makes no difference to me. As far as I'M concerned, the Catholic Church DOES represent misery and oppression, which is one of the main reasons why I rejected it 25 years ago. I still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made. You seem royally pissed that anyone CAN kick the toxic baggage of Catholicism to the curb, but happily, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

I have seven good reasons to love being what I call Catholicism-Free (CF for short):

1. No constant and tedious preaching about "sin"

2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays

3. No hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession."

4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines

5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based extortion known as "tithing."

6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests

7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction

Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can and DID -- kick all of this toxic church's baggage to the curb so it wouldn't ruin the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day. For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
You took your "personal power back"? You had free will all along. I'd like to know who FORCED you to go against your free will. God never forces anyone to love and obey him.
Oh PLEASE. Any woman who seriously believes the nonsense that "it's a sin to use birth control" DOESN'T have the freedom to decide for herself on anything. Not if she wants to remain a "member in good standing" of the Catholic Church, anyway.

You can keep trying to sell this nonsense all you want, sASSy. It's still a church-based CON JOB to me.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
Except I don't spend "endless hours" on here.
Many people on here AREN'T stupid, and I have to be on the computer anyway for some of those hours, for work.
Exactly. Of course sASSy's primary objection is that we (prochoicers) are here posting at all. I have no doubt she would prefer that we stop posting here altogether. Too bad for her, it isn't going to happen.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,095,279
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 min Fight On 26,955
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Aura Mytha 225,569
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 21 hr RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••