Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316369 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Narberth, PA

#311617 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your original position that same sex marriage does not fall into the same civil rights category as rights for blacks, was wrong.
Here's a reminder...it's time to inhale and exhale again.
Or, perhaps it's already too late. After your posts today, it seems as though your brain is completely oxygen starved, and in a vegetative state already.
I said I didn't see it as exactly the same thing. And I don't. Basically anything you want to do can be called a civil right.

As I have said before, if you have a 'right' civil or otherwise to kill your own unborn child then everything else is minor.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311619 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't.
Really? This was not you?

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311620 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly didn't understand that I was not saying you, personally, then you're even more stupid than I thought.
No I didn't think you meant me.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311622 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? This was not you?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
I continued to say that I understood the point of view that it is the same. Therefore I didn't see any reason to argue or what your complaint was. What is it?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#311623 Sep 19, 2013
"No Relativism" brayed like an ass
Hopefully the lesson Foo has learned is "don't share that you have bacterial vaginitis with people on a public forum. You may end up forcing yourself to leave for a while hoping posters forget how skanky you & your partner admittedly are."

could you be anymore of a shit bag? i'll bet you can.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311624 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A different species can't consent to a marriage contract. You should know this.
Incest is only illegal to a certain point (for example, I believe second cousins can marry), and only because it's too small a gene pool. And that's a fairly recent phenomenon, by the way.
There is no reason to make polygamy illegal where all parties are consenting adults.
Your bigotry (as evidenced in this grumpy tone of defeat) is duly noted.
They will all make their point in court. "Make polygamy illegal", where is it legal now?

I have a friend who used to say, "everyone has the right to screw themselves"

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311625 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't think you meant me.
Then your response that you're not making it illegal made no sense.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311626 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I continued to say that I understood the point of view that it is the same. Therefore I didn't see any reason to argue or what your complaint was. What is it?
Your response to C was what I took exception to. Your "reason" why it's not the same.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311627 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They will all make their point in court. "Make polygamy illegal", where is it legal now?
I have a friend who used to say, "everyone has the right to screw themselves"
I didn't say it was legal. Damn, you're stupid.

How can an animal make a point in court? Don't both parties have to be able to consent to a marriage, Witless?

Your stupidity has reached a new low.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311628 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I didn't see it as exactly the same thing. And I don't. Basically anything you want to do can be called a civil right.
As I have said before, if you have a 'right' civil or otherwise to kill your own unborn child then everything else is minor.
"Basically anything you want to do can be called a civil right."

No, it can't. Not when it infringes on someone else's civil rights.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311629 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response to C was what I took exception to. Your "reason" why it's not the same.
Ok your exception is duly noted.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311630 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Basically anything you want to do can be called a civil right."
No, it can't. Not when it infringes on someone else's civil rights.
It seems people can be forced and coerced into doing something they don't want to do to satisfy someone else's rights.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311631 Sep 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it was legal. Damn, you're stupid.
How can an animal make a point in court? Don't both parties have to be able to consent to a marriage, Witless?
Your stupidity has reached a new low.
You said

"There is no reason to make polygamy illegal where all parties are consenting adults."

How do you make something illegal if it is already illegal? You are confused.
The animal will probably have an advocate to speak for him.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311632 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
When has it ever been prosecuted?
What's the point of making it illegal, and therefore unsafe, if you're not going to prosecute the perpetrators?

Face it: Your mewling that women who get abortions 'shouldn't be prosecuted' doesn't make any kind of sense. You just want it illegal so that you can 'feel better' about it, and think you've accomplished something.

And as far as that's concerned, you 'don't want them punished', my hind portion. You want them to die from sepsis, so you don't have to get your hands dirty by sentencing them in the courts to the legal consequences for murder. Because those consequences are often DEATH. And the SCPL is supposed to be against that.

It's a huge hypocrisy, but then that pretty much explains your entire perspective.
Pfft.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311633 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems people can be forced and coerced into doing something they don't want to do to satisfy someone else's rights.
You mean that people can be forced to treat everyone equally in most situations? Yeah, they can.

Oh, the horror @@

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311634 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said
"There is no reason to make polygamy illegal where all parties are consenting adults."
How do you make something illegal if it is already illegal? You are confused.
The animal will probably have an advocate to speak for him.
You're stupidity really has reached a new low. Your one brain cell is obviously struggling for oxygen.

Breathe in.....now breathe out. Repeat.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311635 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Without looking it up I would say because blacks were considered inferior. Unfortunately, a long held untruth.
And laws which prohibit marriage between homosexuals are in place because homosexuals are considered 'inferior', or at least 'undesirable'. Also long-held untruths.
Really now, what is the difference?
I'll tell you one difference: homosexual couples don't get or contribute to abortions...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311637 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, is it still illegal for blacks and whites to marry? I thought the Supreme Court addressed that years ago.
I think the point was that laws change to adapt to the times in which we live. Laws that seemed logical 100 years ago may not seem logical now.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#311638 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well being a serial killer makes some folks happy, kidnapping children makes some folks happy and shooting people in the streets makes some folks robbing stores makes some folks happy but they aren't allowed to pursue this happiness because it is outside the law.
Damn, why do I keep forgetting that I have to spell out every little thing for you?
So how do those activities compare with two people of the same gender getting married?

I would much rather have a gay married couple move in next door than a serial killer.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#311639 Sep 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Without looking it up I would say because blacks were considered inferior. Unfortunately, a long held untruth.
Do you think gay people are inferior?

And if you don't...then why do you feel they shouldn't be allowed to get married to each other?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,583,543
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min Truth_hurts01 33,705
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web