Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,688
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311422 Sep 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty nana seems to threaten, doesn't she. What does she mean by reap the consequences? She could persecute us, but Christ will bless us for standing up for what is right. I would rather be persecuted than give in because I want to have Eternal Life with Christ.
All they talk about is tolerance. Where is the tolerance when someone because of religious feeling or just their own uncomfortableness doesn't want to be involved in a gay wedding. Why don't the gays just say okay I understand and get a photographer more willing? Why do they have to sue and ruin someone's life? To answer my own question, they have no tolerance for anyone else.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311423 Sep 18, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Unless she upholds a business owner for refusing to provide services to a customer on the basis of race or religion, as well as sexual orientation, she is a blatant hypocrite...again and still.
I don't think any one has to attend any ritual or rite at which they feel uncomfortable.

I wouldn't want to be taking pictures at a Wiccan May Dance with naked people running around. But I guess in this country I would have to.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311424 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly it. When you as a society accept the killing of unborn children each following step becomes easier as we are now hearing from liberal women that it isn't really a child until it can recognize parents etc.
Right now to them an unborn child isn't a human being because they don't have an awareness. Next it will be as offered now, a newborn, then it will be a mentally handicapped baby, then it will be an older person losing his facilties and finally any one deemed not productive or useful.
Sounds a little like Nazi Germany.
Only thing we know for sure is that these lame brains won't see it comming until they are one of the undesirables.
Oh, what melodramatic twaddle. You are a simpleminded thing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311425 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought pro aborts were fond of the phrase 'life saving procedure'. That seems appropriate to use in this instance.
I don't know any "pro aborts". And who cares what they'd say anyway? If they even really exist.

You can also use the phrase life saving procedure if you like. It's both. It's a life saving induced abortion procedure.

There, happy now, Witless?

Are you, too, going to stupidly deny that the embryo being alive and growing is what presents the danger to the woman?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311426 Sep 18, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If Sweet Cakes by Melissa had been refusing to bake wedding cakes for Catholics, I have a feeling you'd be just as upset as those lesbians. Of course, if they sold ONLY to Catholics, you'd likely be perfectly okay with that.
*shaking my head*
No the Catholics would say okay there are plenty of other places to buy a cake and respect their right to run their business the way they want. Turn the other cheek.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311427 Sep 18, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what melodramatic twaddle. You are a simpleminded thing.
I think you are one of the people that I said wouldn't notice until it was too late. If people can't be convinced that the baby in their womb isn't a baby then they can be convinced of anything.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311428 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are one of the people that I said wouldn't notice until it was too late. If people can't be convinced that the baby in their womb isn't a baby then they can be convinced of anything.
You don't think. That's your problem. Rhetoric doesn't count. Your post was melodramatic twaddle.

Too late for what? Abortion's been around as long as pregnancy has, and for much of history it was not considered anyone else's business. It was legal in THIS country at it's founding, with no one tossing infants off cliffs because of deformities. Don't tell me, you're one of the witless ones who think abortion wasn't a factor until RvW, right? Stop spouting twaddle.

"Baby" is a slang term for infants, and infants are already born. It's also a term of endearment for just about everything under the sun. I call my youngest daughter "Baby", but she's nearly 20, and not really an infant. Neither is a puppy or a kitten that one might call a "baby". Neither was my husband's Harley when he jokingly called it "Baby". Neither is a fetus.

Call it what you like, just don't expect the rest of us to debate as though your chosen term of endearment is binding to anyone else.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#311432 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Being free to kill a defenseless human being is not a admired in a 'free country'.
You do know that in this country, we do not grant fetuses "human being" status.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311433 Sep 18, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think. That's your problem. Rhetoric doesn't count. Your post was melodramatic twaddle.
Too late for what? Abortion's been around as long as pregnancy has, and for much of history it was not considered anyone else's business. It was legal in THIS country at it's founding, with no one tossing infants off cliffs because of deformities. Don't tell me, you're one of the witless ones who think abortion wasn't a factor until RvW, right? Stop spouting twaddle.
"Baby" is a slang term for infants, and infants are already born. It's also a term of endearment for just about everything under the sun. I call my youngest daughter "Baby", but she's nearly 20, and not really an infant. Neither is a puppy or a kitten that one might call a "baby". Neither was my husband's Harley when he jokingly called it "Baby". Neither is a fetus.
Call it what you like, just don't expect the rest of us to debate as though your chosen term of endearment is binding to anyone else.
Abortion was never condone and advocated for, like today along with the lack of respect for human life.

The rest of your post is an old rewrite that can't be taken seriously.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#311434 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All they talk about is tolerance. Where is the tolerance when someone because of religious feeling or just their own uncomfortableness doesn't want to be involved in a gay wedding. Why don't the gays just say okay I understand and get a photographer more willing? Why do they have to sue and ruin someone's life? To answer my own question, they have no tolerance for anyone else.
I know, right!?!! Why couldn't those pesky black people in the '60s just eat somewhere other than the white lunch counters. I mean, really! Where was their tolerance for others and their beliefs??? Why did they have to make all those white people uncomfortable!?!! What nerve!
Katie

Kent, WA

#311437 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This would be one reason.
http://www.naturalnews.com/041398_post-birth_...
Right before she was cut off on the youtube video, she stated along the lines that unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies were a different experience than wanted/healthy pregnancies. Then she led to the age old question when life begins.

Then she stated what your PL side is giving her crap about, that life begins when the parents say it begins.

But right before the video clip was cut, she was in the middle of saying, "...[she] believes these emotions are what legislators are basing their laws on rather than science."

Would like to know what she said next. Wouldn't you?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311444 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion was never condone and advocated for, like today along with the lack of respect for human life.
The rest of your post is an old rewrite that can't be taken seriously.
You're wrong about abortion throughout history, actually. Even in this country, herbal methods were advertised in newspapers.

The rest I keep writing because it's true, but you people keep ignoring it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311445 Sep 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "'"Baby' is a slang term for infants, and infants are already born. It's also a term of endearment."
You're discounting the term "baby" after making an abject ass out of yourself for saying "human" (noun) and "human being" are not synonyms?
Sit.
Down.
You've lost credibility long ago.
^^^ The Wiccan Witch Of The East ^^^
Still waiting for you to say something relevant.....
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#311446 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any one has to attend any ritual or rite at which they feel uncomfortable.
I wouldn't want to be taking pictures at a Wiccan May Dance with naked people running around. But I guess in this country I would have to.
Like I previously said, a person can honor may day without taking part in the traditional may pole dance. Please feel free to continue to ignore thst and not take any iniative to understand what may day is.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#311447 Sep 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All they talk about is tolerance. Where is the tolerance when someone because of religious feeling or just their own uncomfortableness doesn't want to be involved in a gay wedding. Why don't the gays just say okay I understand and get a photographer more willing? Why do they have to sue and ruin someone's life? To answer my own question, they have no tolerance for anyone else.
If you really have to ask why, then I doubt you really know what type of discrimination, intolerance and persecution they've had to deal with.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#311448 Sep 18, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right!?!! Why couldn't those pesky black people in the '60s just eat somewhere other than the white lunch counters. I mean, really! Where was their tolerance for others and their beliefs??? Why did they have to make all those white people uncomfortable!?!! What nerve!
I know,right?!! Why do those pesky humans in the wombs have to exist and be developing ? Those "pesky" little inconveniences. What nerve of them to exist!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311449 Sep 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa: "Practice your religion ON YOURSELF."
Sounds like you'd be happier moving to a country that doesn't have First Amendment Rights in its constitution.
Bye. Send a post card.
TIA.
Sounds like you'd be well advised to read the Constitution of the United States. The First Amendment provides for freedom of worship - not freedom to persecute others in the name of your deity. Worship whatever you want, and practice your religion on yourself. Leave the rest of us out of it.

I know that's not what you want to think the Constitution says, but that's what it says.

Eat it.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311450 Sep 18, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that in this country, we do not grant fetuses "human being" status.
We will.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#311451 Sep 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Bitler, you are wrong! There are two types of abortion, one is through miscarriage , not the woman's fault,something was not right with the mother or baby. in fact most of the time when this happens the mother is full of sadness. The other is direct, and kills the child intentionally. Ectopic pregnancy always ends with the death of both mother and child. The baby cannot survive in the fallopian tube for nine months and when the baby grows, the baby bursts the tube and both mother and baby dies. There are ways that are being done to transplant the baby but its a ways off. Its not an intentional killing of a child like regular abortion. I am ashamed of you when you say that a miscarriage is just like an intentional abortion, that both are the same. Many women suffer great sadness when they lose a baby through miscarriage. For shame on you esp since you say you work with pregnant women.
She is absolutely pathetic to lump miscarriages in with a deliberate act that kills a developing child in the womb because they aren't wanted.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311452 Sep 18, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right!?!! Why couldn't those pesky black people in the '60s just eat somewhere other than the white lunch counters. I mean, really! Where was their tolerance for others and their beliefs??? Why did they have to make all those white people uncomfortable!?!! What nerve!
You see civil rights and gay rights as the same thing. I don't but I understand your comment from your point of view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,110,489
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Just Think 227,871
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 59 min Bruin Nation 27,429
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr mix an match 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••