Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
291,401 - 291,420 of 305,182 Comments Last updated 49 min ago

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>They have a right to refuse . If you walked into an Amish bakery with short shorts and a tank top, they will refuse to serve you, its their right, they ar practicing their religion. The Amish do that. Nothing is said to them about that. Same thing with insurance, we will not pay for contraception or abortions. We have a right to do that. When a govt forces people to go against their religion and jails them, then we lose our freedom and America as we know it is lost and gone down the tubes..
As I said before: if this business had refused to provide you with a wedding cake because your are Catholic, you'd have sued them, and probably won. However, if they sold ONLY to Catholics, you'd be perfectly fine with it.

Christian businesses are not churches. You religious types lost the legal ability to persecute others in the name of your beliefs, when anti-discrimination laws came into being...which grinds your gears. Christian businesses must abide by the same anti-discrimination laws as all other businesses.

Sorry about your luck - but not very.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

sassy jm wrote:
A girl that I was friends with years ago claimed that she had an abortion because she "had to". When I asked her why, she said "well, I told him that I drank alcohol and he said that that could potentially affect me or the fetus". That was her excuse that she used to justify killing her UNWANTED child.
Assuming your story of this "girl" is true, it really wasn't any of YOUR business in the first place. Even if she really "didn't want her child," (quoting your words) so what. The girl didn't have to explain or justify HER decision to you at all.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

sassy jm wrote:
Well Gollyyy! When cpeter told some poster to not have sex or use a condom in order to prevent pregnancy,you thought it was sane advice. So why is "one of the STUPIDEST things anti-choicers say"?.
Because regressive idiots like YOU want ALL people, teens AND adults who don't want any or more kids, to punish themselves with lifetime celibacy.

As far as I'M concerned, THAT is stupid. Hope this helped.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
Your lack of ability to refute my claims, either that an end to the legal ability to persecute doesn't constitute persecution, or that anyone has the 'right' to discriminate against others for sexual orientation reasons, is duly noted...
And so is the fact that you are pretty weird.
What mom 'waves [her] breasts over their baby's head to show control? "Hey lookie baby, I have the freedom to feed you or not and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it. If I CHOOSE to feed you, I will...and if not...too bad...you're dead...?" You're a total freak, m'dear.
Yep, she certainly is a total freak IMO, along with her equally freaky buddy Knutter (HuskerDu, or whatever she's calling herself this week).

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

STO wrote:
Thank you, Ocean.
Those on the AC/PL side who preach sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin AND using a condom is a mortal sin shouldn't be bothered by abortion. The woman is "going to hell" whether she has an abortion or not.
You'd think since she's going to hell (and the guy too) the crazy religious AC would overlook the using a condom part.
But noooooooo! They have to become parents on their way to hell.
It's nuts. Mindboggling I tell ya.
You're very welcome, STO. And again, I'm in complete agreement.:-)
Pot meet Kettle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When did you ever see a cat or a dolphin act in a manner making environmental law, education, or incentive NECESSARY?
You don't see rocks act in such a manner either. Know why ? They can't. Do you think cats or dolphins assess whether or not to act in a manner making environmental law necessary, and subsequently make a conscious and rational decision not to ? Ironically, the ability to consciously exploit the environment and enact laws to mitigate the damage caused by such exploitation are both indicative of man's superiority over other animals.
That would be us, and only us.
Massive fail, dolt.
On your part...yes indeed.

NEXT !

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? No one calls an ectopic pregnancy an abortion. You are being played and you don't get it. I am beginning to wonder about you, you are really wishy washy because you don't want to ruffle anyones feathers. PLEASE answer this question, if you were pregnant and diagnosed with cancer, would you get an abortion? Would you say your child's life is more important than your own?
No one is calling the PREGNANCY an abortion, you incredibly stupid thing.

However, the medical procedure used to TERMINATE that ectopic pregnancy IS an abortion.

Deal with it, Harasser.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty nana seems to threaten, doesn't she. What does she mean by reap the consequences? She could persecute us, but Christ will bless us for standing up for what is right. I would rather be persecuted- than give in because I want to have Eternal Life with Christ.
Still unable to accept the reality of death and life, huh?

Keep sucking on that phallus-like pipe dream of eternal life.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
We're still waiting for legitimate proof that "human" (noun) and "human being" are not synonyms b/c of "philisophical differences."
TIA.
We're still waiting for you to say something relevant.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The Church are the people, not a building. When Christians have businesses, they practice their faith through what they do, they live their faith. So you are saying Muslims have to serve pork to their customers? We have freedom of religion, we have the right to worship and to practice our faith through what we do without being tormented. The couple who ran the bakery were harassed, had death threats etc. If you think that is the way to do things, well , maybe you should move to Syria.
No religion requires anyone to go into business. This is a secular country. Practice your faith ON YOURSELF instead of other people. Why is that so hard for you to get?

If you offer a service to the public, there are things you can and cannot do in providing that service. Discrimination on the basis of age, race, gender, creed, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation, is not allowed. Christians included. It's the cost of doing business in America. If YOU don't like it, Syria is thataway....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is calling the PREGNANCY an abortion, you incredibly stupid thing.
However, the medical procedure used to TERMINATE that ectopic pregnancy IS an abortion.
Deal with it, Harasser.
So glad I read ahead. I was SO going to say the same thing.

What a maroon....
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

They are not the chemical weapons which cause disaster and destruction to the Syrian people, but the infighting form Mulsim rebels, and the threat of US strike .

Thess civil violences has destroyed the everyday life of the Syrian people, from schools, to work places to homes, that people feel unsafe that many have to flee because of all the violences doing on both sides.

As It is not possible to have Syria regime to give up, it is required that rebels must stop then, so that people can return to homes and usual living.

The only thing necessary is that rebels give up fighting, so that Syrian people can come back to ordinary activities.

Obama is wrong by keeping on talking on chemical weapons, for that will destroy more lives and cause large unstability of the region, where lots of more people can never return to their ordinary activities again.

It is never abut chemical weapons issue, because by far that does not affect most people.

Instead of having Syrian people come back to their usual lives, Obama's vicious way of siding with rebels to encourage them fighting and inflaming on chemical weapons issue has resulted the destruction of daily routine activities of the Syrian people.

When that is done, go from there, and talk chemical weapons later, as people and their lives in order first.

The stand to have Syrian people to do ordinary lives and activities has not anything to do with chemical weapons. Yet, using chemical weapons indulging has worsen the Syrians to get back to their way of life because Syrians are not killed by sarin gas at all, by far, but will be killed BY US strike by doing chemical weapons issue.

So, they have to give up the chemical weapons issue and Rebels fighting first, as that is the only way of Syrian people can go back home, go to schools, and go back to work as they need those first.
Since Syrian people are not afraid of sarin gas, what is the point of Obama by talking about sarin gas to strike to kill them?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see rocks act in such a manner either. Know why ? They can't. Do you think cats or dolphins assess whether or not to act in a manner making environmental law necessary, and subsequently make a conscious and rational decision not to ? Ironically, the ability to consciously exploit the environment and enact laws to mitigate the damage caused by such exploitation are both indicative of man's superiority over other animals.
Why the need to feel superior? I suspect you have a VERY deep-seated inferiority complex, mister. Please don't ever adopt a pet or a child.

*shudder*

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Business owners have religious rights.
Practice your religion ON YOURSELF. Not on others.

Pretty simple, really.
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

DROP THE CHEMICAL WEAPONS ISSUE PURSUIT FIRST.
STOP THE FIGHTING AT THE SAME TIME.
GET PEOPLE BACK TO THEIR USUAL AND ORDINARY LIVES AND ACTIVITIES.
THEN after that, THERE ARE LOTS OF TIME TO TALK AND FIGURE OUT CHEMICAL WEAPONS, and for talks of what the Syrian people want in regard to see what rebels have to say.
Otherwise, by using chemical weapons issue, it will never have an end and will have another Iraq bad crisis drama.

They are not the chemical weapons which cause disaster and destruction to the Syrian people, but the infighting form Muslim rebels, and the threat of US strike .

These civil violences have destroyed the everyday life of the Syrian people, from schools, to work places, to homes, that people feel unsafe that many have to flee because of all the violences doing on both sides.

As It is not possible to have Syria regime to give up, it is required that rebels must stop then, so that people can return to homes and usual living.

The only thing necessary is that rebels give up fighting, so that Syrian people can come back to ordinary activities.

Obama is wrong by keeping on talking on chemical weapons, for that will destroy more lives and cause large unstable activities of the region, where lots of more people can never return to their ordinary activities again.

It is never about chemical weapons issue, because by far that does not affect most people.

Instead of having Syrian people come back to their usual lives, Obama's vicious way of siding with rebels to encourage them fighting and inflaming on chemical weapons issue has resulted the destruction of daily routine activities of the Syrian people.

When that is done, go from there, and talk chemical weapons later, as people get back to their lives in order first.

The stand to have Syrian people to do ordinary lives and activities has not anything to do with chemical weapons. Yet, using chemical weapons indulging has worsened the Syrians to get back to their way of life because Syrians are not killed by sarin gas at all, by far, but will be killed BY US strike by doing chemical weapons issue.

So, they have to give up the chemical weapons issue and Rebels fighting first, as that is the only way of Syrian people can go back home, go to schools, and go back to work as they need those first.
Since Syrian people are not afraid of sarin gas, what is the point of Obama by talking about sarin gas to strike to kill them?

Otherwise, by using chemical weapons issue, it will never have an end and will have another Iraq bad crisis drama.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Business owners have religious rights.
Such as????????

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

JBH wrote:
DROP THE CHEMICAL WEAPONS ISSUE PURSUIT FIRST.
STOP THE FIGHTING AT THE SAME TIME.
GET PEOPLE BACK TO THEIR USUAL AND ORDINARY LIVES AND ACTIVITIES.
THEN after that, THERE ARE LOTS OF TIME TO TALK AND FIGURE OUT CHEMICAL WEAPONS, and for talks of what the Syrian people want in regard to see what rebels have to say.
They are not the chemical weapons which cause disaster and destruction to the Syrian people, but the infighting form Muslim rebels, and the threat of US strike .
These civil violences have destroyed the everyday life of the Syrian people, from schools, to work places, to homes, that people feel unsafe that many have to flee because of all the violences doing on both sides.
Obama is wrong by keeping on talking on chemical weapons, for that will destroy more lives and cause large unstable activities of the region, where lots of more people can never return to their ordinary activities again.
It is never about chemical weapons issue, because by far that does not affect most people.
When that is done, go from there, and talk chemical weapons later, as people get back to their lives in order first.
The stand to have Syrian people to do ordinary lives and activities has not anything to do with chemical weapons. Yet, using chemical weapons indulging has worsened the Syrians to get back to their way of life because Syrians are not killed by sarin gas at all, by far, but will be killed BY US strike by doing chemical weapons issue.
Wrong thread.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as????????
This should be good. Would you like some of my popcorn while we wait?

:)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "a human" (noun) exists in the womb. Realizing that you just outed yourself as a supporter of death to innocents, you weakly claimed that said human is not a human being. I rightly pointed out that "human" (noun) and human being are synonyms.
Then you claimed that "human" (noun) and human being are not synonyms b/c of "philisophical differences." I called b/s and said you made that jibberish up. You said that you did not make it up.....yet, you can't provide ANY support for your rubbish.
You lose.
Again.
And yes, we're still waiting for you to say something relevant.....

<cue crickets>
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>This should be good. Would you like some of my popcorn while we wait?
:)
Only if it's jiffy pop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min kellyjohnson5 1,083,779
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Buck Crick 224,618
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Fight On 26,736
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 15 hr Robert Z 278
K-State's Stephen Hurt adapting to new surround... Tue Monica 2
loan offer with low interest Mon Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Jul 27 engd 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••