Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,892
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#311368 Sep 17, 2013
Businesses have no religious rights. The law is quite specific, and they have a duty to follow it.
No Relativism wrote:
Give gays an inch, they'll try to strip First Amendement rights.
New Mexico judge rules Christian photographers cannot use religious freedom to refuse shooting gay couple's wedding pictures.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765636407/...
Gays lack discipline. They are overreaching and will lose support fast. This case will likely reach SCOTUS.
Derp.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311371 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The child is already dead by having no means of nutrition etc. You did say kill, now isn't deliberately killing a child born or unborn wrong and insidious?
You are wrong. If the embryo was already dead, there would be no NEED to remove it. The tissue would disintegrate, and be reabsorbed into the woman's body. If it wasn't still alive and growing, it would pose no danger to her.

You're an idiot.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#311372 Sep 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Because she's not a Christian you moron.
My lord, your kind just get stupider with time.
OH DEAR ..You mean you're not banned !!!!! Lol

Why don't they ever believe the truth when they hear it !!!!

Good to see you ..

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#311374 Sep 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo!!!!!
But I'm sure that the "right to kill" crowd won't like what you said.
I said what I meant ..I usually do .

Many successful women ..in and out of careers ..have raised wonderful kids ..male and female to do better than they did ...as used to be the goal.

They taught their daughters to strive for their dreams .

Done it all without espousing elective the Roe legislation.

Freedom comes in many ways ...for women ..

And they are not limited by their belief or non belief in elective abortion.

We differ ...we are NOT all the same .

That does not makes traitors or less equal to pro choice women.

I find it a shame that conservative women who have made it are seen that way ..it is a litmus test

And now I've said it a few times,.

You and I agree ...others don't ...that's,life ...

And , that's this forum ..

We will all go on with our lives ...no one changes their minds .

If folks in the PC side now are arguing that abortion is a consecutive over contraception as,I saw..cannot believe its better for the woman..But hey ..what's a medical procedure more or less ..diaphragm and condoms are so dangerous ..if other methods not feasible ..right ???

The world is worse than I thought .. Good to see you Sue

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#311375 Sep 17, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree with Rosesz view on abortion rights but she expresses her opinion without insulting the people who don't agree with her. You have shown that same trait, as well. Neither of you are extremists.
Thanks,Elise,

That's,the idea,IMO of discussion ..Not being mean ..as some on here can be .

Personally ..at the juncture ..made a pact with myself ..Not to keep hitting my head or trying to say the EXACT phrasing that pleases,anyone's idea of how I SHOuld say it..
Or argue with mean people over and over who try to hurt other people .

It's not good for my heath or spiritual being.

I can only say what I honesty believe .

..as,respectfully as,possible :)

Then I'm out for a while,

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#311377 Sep 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> You are not the first, nor the last to claim that your abortion saved your life. That line is much abused and I think we all know why. You people are afraid to admit to the fact that you didn't want yojr child. A girl that I was friends with years ago claimed that she had an abortion because she "had to". When I asked her why, she said "well, I told him that I drank alcohol and he said that that could potentially affect me or the fetus". That was her excuse that she used to justify killing her UNWANTED child.
Okay, you didn't specify that you had an *ectopic* pregnancy so I had no idea. Nevertheless,there is much controversy regarding what really constitutes a so called (oxymoron) "life saving" killing of another humans life.
No "gray matter" here.
For the fifth or sixth time and last ..an ectopic pregnancy will never be viable and it endangers the mother ..no controversy ..I kept asking it over and over ..so did others..IF you didn't know it's because you did not read ..

But she has,said it many times,..in detail ...

Just for logic. Here ..why would any woman who had obviously been wanting a baby since she had several miscarriages,...HAVE an elective abortion..
She said,she did to save her life ...

I am just as against elective abortion as you are ..But you two slammed this womsn a whole afternoon for what was for her a TRAGEDY ..plain and simple .
Did it ever occur to you That this,MIGHT BE hurtful ..

The lack of logic and empathy from both of you is,amazing .

Now I am done on this too.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#311378 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What "controversy" is there over ending an ectopic pregnancy?
Absolutely NONE

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311379 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>No, not if the baby is big enough to burst the fallopian tube. The baby cannot survive. If you would let it go, the tube would burst killing both if the baby survived. The baby always dies. It is not the same as an elective abortion. Do you get a thrill posting about babies dying because of miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies? NO ONE calls an ectopic pregnancy the same as an elective abortion or even uses the word abort. You don't value life.
It doesn't GET big enough if wasn't living and growing still alive, Moron. I never said it could live long, just that it can live long enough to pose a danger to the woman. And I never said it was the same as an elective abortion, but it IS an induced abortion.

You are an idiot.

YOU don't value life, you revere the fetus to the exclusion of all other life.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#311380 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Elise,
That's,the idea,IMO of discussion ..Not being mean ..as some on here can be .
Personally ..at the juncture ..made a pact with myself ..Not to keep hitting my head or trying to say the EXACT phrasing that pleases,anyone's idea of how I SHOuld say it..
Or argue with mean people over and over who try to hurt other people .
It's not good for my heath or spiritual being.
I can only say what I honesty believe .
..as,respectfully as,possible :)
Then I'm out for a while,
Wise words. I'm going to take them as a reminder to me to not allow myself to into those disrespectful exchanges, anymore. Thanks :-)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311381 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You just hate it when your wrong. YOU--ARE--WRONG I bet you ate many B&B sandwiches out of frustration knowing you are ----WRONG----.
I'm not wrong.

LOL, YOU are the only one of us that seems frustrated. You enjoy your comfort food. They sound disgusting to me, but to each their own. You must really love them, you mention them all the time.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#311382 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she doesn't get it because it is too silly to get. No only can man fly but he can fly anywhere he wants. Birds on the other hand only go north and south and always to the same place unless they get lost.
Bitner is going to tell me that she sees birds flying in circles and not north and south so let me explain for her. I'm talking long trips called migration.
Is migration the same for people?
Immigration?
Go where we want?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311383 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>They have a right to refuse . If you walked into an Amish bakery with short shorts and a tank top, they will refuse to serve you, its their right, they ar practicing their religion. The Amish do that. Nothing is said to them about that. Same thing with insurance, we will not pay for contraception or abortions. We have a right to do that. When a govt forces people to go against their religion and jails them, then we lose our freedom and America as we know it is lost and gone down the tubes..
As I said before: if this business had refused to provide you with a wedding cake because your are Catholic, you'd have sued them, and probably won. However, if they sold ONLY to Catholics, you'd be perfectly fine with it.

Christian businesses are not churches. You religious types lost the legal ability to persecute others in the name of your beliefs, when anti-discrimination laws came into being...which grinds your gears. Christian businesses must abide by the same anti-discrimination laws as all other businesses.

Sorry about your luck - but not very.
Ocean56

AOL

#311385 Sep 18, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
A girl that I was friends with years ago claimed that she had an abortion because she "had to". When I asked her why, she said "well, I told him that I drank alcohol and he said that that could potentially affect me or the fetus". That was her excuse that she used to justify killing her UNWANTED child.
Assuming your story of this "girl" is true, it really wasn't any of YOUR business in the first place. Even if she really "didn't want her child," (quoting your words) so what. The girl didn't have to explain or justify HER decision to you at all.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

#311386 Sep 18, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
Well Gollyyy! When cpeter told some poster to not have sex or use a condom in order to prevent pregnancy,you thought it was sane advice. So why is "one of the STUPIDEST things anti-choicers say"?.
Because regressive idiots like YOU want ALL people, teens AND adults who don't want any or more kids, to punish themselves with lifetime celibacy.

As far as I'M concerned, THAT is stupid. Hope this helped.

Ocean56

AOL

#311387 Sep 18, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Your lack of ability to refute my claims, either that an end to the legal ability to persecute doesn't constitute persecution, or that anyone has the 'right' to discriminate against others for sexual orientation reasons, is duly noted...
And so is the fact that you are pretty weird.
What mom 'waves [her] breasts over their baby's head to show control? "Hey lookie baby, I have the freedom to feed you or not and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it. If I CHOOSE to feed you, I will...and if not...too bad...you're dead...?" You're a total freak, m'dear.
Yep, she certainly is a total freak IMO, along with her equally freaky buddy Knutter (HuskerDu, or whatever she's calling herself this week).

Ocean56

AOL

#311388 Sep 18, 2013
STO wrote:
Thank you, Ocean.
Those on the AC/PL side who preach sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin AND using a condom is a mortal sin shouldn't be bothered by abortion. The woman is "going to hell" whether she has an abortion or not.
You'd think since she's going to hell (and the guy too) the crazy religious AC would overlook the using a condom part.
But noooooooo! They have to become parents on their way to hell.
It's nuts. Mindboggling I tell ya.
You're very welcome, STO. And again, I'm in complete agreement.:-)
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#311389 Sep 18, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When did you ever see a cat or a dolphin act in a manner making environmental law, education, or incentive NECESSARY?
You don't see rocks act in such a manner either. Know why ? They can't. Do you think cats or dolphins assess whether or not to act in a manner making environmental law necessary, and subsequently make a conscious and rational decision not to ? Ironically, the ability to consciously exploit the environment and enact laws to mitigate the damage caused by such exploitation are both indicative of man's superiority over other animals.
That would be us, and only us.
Massive fail, dolt.
On your part...yes indeed.

NEXT !

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311392 Sep 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? No one calls an ectopic pregnancy an abortion. You are being played and you don't get it. I am beginning to wonder about you, you are really wishy washy because you don't want to ruffle anyones feathers. PLEASE answer this question, if you were pregnant and diagnosed with cancer, would you get an abortion? Would you say your child's life is more important than your own?
No one is calling the PREGNANCY an abortion, you incredibly stupid thing.

However, the medical procedure used to TERMINATE that ectopic pregnancy IS an abortion.

Deal with it, Harasser.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#311393 Sep 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty nana seems to threaten, doesn't she. What does she mean by reap the consequences? She could persecute us, but Christ will bless us for standing up for what is right. I would rather be persecuted- than give in because I want to have Eternal Life with Christ.
Still unable to accept the reality of death and life, huh?

Keep sucking on that phallus-like pipe dream of eternal life.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311399 Sep 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
We're still waiting for legitimate proof that "human" (noun) and "human being" are not synonyms b/c of "philisophical differences."
TIA.
We're still waiting for you to say something relevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,189,406
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 57 min Niqisam 4,063
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 235,547
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Big D 201,356
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr mike tirico 29,052
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 13 hr mike tirico 68
Patsos tries to steam, not boil over (Nov '08) Thu stewart scott 4
More from around the web