Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,998
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311278 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know as well as I do, Sue, that when people talk about women using abortion as birth control, that most of them DO mean they are using it as their primary means of birth control.
If you're not doing so, and the other poster didn't claim they're not ever using it as birth control, what is the point in your post?
By the way, I don't believe anyone has said induced abortion is NOT a method of birth control in the first place.
The point of her post, of course, is that she's wrapped up in the fact that some women have abortions for reasons of which she doesn't approve. Sue appears to enjoy bouncing her heels off the floor about that, and wants the rest of us to do the same.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311279 Sep 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course then there is this:
NWL demands full control over the decision to have children. We want free and full access to all forms of birth control, including contraception and abortion."
Here is the next sentence that I left out yesterday:
"We want to make these decisions without pressure to have children, to go on Depo-Provera, to take hormones, or to get sterilized."
http://www.womensliberation.org/priorities/ab ...
What's left? Abstinence and abortion.
It just grinds your gears that some women don't want to be inundated with artificial hormones, practice total abstinence (even within marriage), or have their organs removed, in order to make you happy.

Poor thing.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311280 Sep 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a habit of answering posts to other people, but ignoring the post to you.
What about those APGAR tests? These being done on fetuses now a days?
Care to elaborate how *you* determined I wanted babies tested for weird reasons dreamed up in *your* head?
I don't know what you are talking about. I said that a fetus would have all the capabilities as a newborn if allowed to live and this was your answer. Maybe you can explain your meaning.

"The fetus is an unknown quantity until live birth. Yes, technology allows us to see inside the womb, even to perform surgery, but there is still a huge X Factor involved regarding fetus' capabilities until the newborn can be held and tested. You know this.

The line is drawn at live birth for various reasons. The link I supplied for you has many other links included. A person could spend productive hours learning instead of wasting time hurling insults. jmo"

I also asked "what insults" and you didn't answer me.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311281 Sep 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>No Inkstain, technically you believe in a triad. That's NOT "one".
More of the same shit, different day.
You can't explain it, because you dont understand it yourself, and THATS the fact.
I believe in an All Powerful God who can manifest Himself any way he wants. Consider it explained.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311282 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in an All Powerful God who can manifest Himself any way he wants. Consider it explained.
And the same can be said in any religion that has a triune Deity, can't it? The only difference is that other religions don't pretend that three in one is "really" only ever one.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311283 Sep 17, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Inky, you can defend regressive women like Schlafly, Bachmann, and Palin all you want. But guess what, I can still criticize them, whether YOU approve of my doing so or not. The way I see it, the only "accomplishment" Schlafly has is defeating the Equal Rights Amendment, which is hardly a contribution in my book. Bachmann and Palin don't meet my definition of successful or "contributing" either, so I would never vote for either of them. As far as I'M concerned, none of those women deserve any respect, so they aren't going to get any from me.
There are many women in politics I respect and whom I would vote for if I could; PROGRESSIVE women who are doing their best to PROTECT women's rights. Schlafly, Bachmann, and Palin don't meet that criteria for me, which is why they would NEVER get MY vote.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
So we can just disregard the success and accomplishments of women who aren't pro abortion. I think you would vote for Al-Assad as long as he was pro abortion.
Katie

Kent, WA

#311284 Sep 17, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
oh grow up. you can only be bothered if you allow yourself to be. scroll on past my posts if you don't want to be bothered. but understand this, your paranoid refusal to honestly answer as basic a question as there is says all we need to know about you.
the fact is willful acts on the part of men and women many times "do" directly result in pregnancy. even shovel recognized that willful acts result in pregnancy. she even added two ( IVF and turkey baster ) that i didn't mention.
My "paranoid refusal"?

I answered your question as it was asked, when it was asked. End of topic.

Here's a hint for *you* since you're so readily handing these out for others. Stop trying to control that which is not yours to control.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311285 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And the same can be said in any religion that has a triune Deity, can't it? The only difference is that other religions don't pretend that three in one is "really" only ever one.
I guess Ink prefers her mythology convoluted, dense with contradiction, and served with an extra-large helping of condemnation.

To each her own...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311286 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So we can just disregard the success and accomplishments of women who aren't pro abortion. I think you would vote for Al-Assad as long as he was pro abortion.
If their 'success and accomplishments' consist mostly of efforts to curtail abortion rights? I prefer to despise those efforts. And I hold those efforts in negative regard.

Women who disagree with abortion, and therefore don't contemplate, seek, or obtain abortion, are worthy of much respect...as long as they don't go around trying to relieve the rest of us of the right to one.

All women have the right to choose. Even if they don't choose abortion. Imagine that!!
Katie

Kent, WA

#311287 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you are talking about. I said that a fetus would have all the capabilities as a newborn if allowed to live and this was your answer. Maybe you can explain your meaning.
"The fetus is an unknown quantity until live birth. Yes, technology allows us to see inside the womb, even to perform surgery, but there is still a huge X Factor involved regarding fetus' capabilities until the newborn can be held and tested. You know this.
The line is drawn at live birth for various reasons. The link I supplied for you has many other links included. A person could spend productive hours learning instead of wasting time hurling insults. jmo"
I also asked "what insults" and you didn't answer me.
A few people were discussing the philosophical differences between human embryo/fetus and human being when you jumped in with your claim that if left alone, there is no difference between a fetus and infant.

Of course, one can only claim this if they ignore the physiological changes between fetus and newborn during live birth. I'd said this in reply:
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The fetus is an unknown quantity until live birth. Yes, technology allows us to see inside the womb, even to perform surgery, but there is still a huge X Factor involved regarding fetus' capabilities until the newborn can be held and tested. You know this.
The line is drawn at live birth for various reasons. The link I supplied for you has many other links included. A person could spend productive hours learning instead of wasting time hurling insults. jmo
And retorted back with this:
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let you spend productive hours trying to defend abortion. I am concerned that your attitude suggests that some lives are worth less than others and you can find that out by testing.
Now, I'm not sure *why* you'd think this when it's obvious in my post I was referring to the APGAR tests done on newborns. Yesterday I asked you to elaborate your thought process. Today is a new day. Doubt you'd be up to explaining what I find a weird thought process.

Regarding your rhetorical question of insults, I, uh, took it as rhetorical.

Are you up to speed now, Ink? Understand what's going on? If you need further explanation, please refer back a few pages and read for yourself. And have a nice day.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311288 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And the same can be said in any religion that has a triune Deity, can't it? The only difference is that other religions don't pretend that three in one is "really" only ever one.
They can say whatever they want.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311289 Sep 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A few people were discussing the philosophical differences between human embryo/fetus and human being when you jumped in with your claim that if left alone, there is no difference between a fetus and infant.
Of course, one can only claim this if they ignore the physiological changes between fetus and newborn during live birth. I'd said this in reply:
<quoted text>
And retorted back with this:
<quoted text>
Now, I'm not sure *why* you'd think this when it's obvious in my post I was referring to the APGAR tests done on newborns. Yesterday I asked you to elaborate your thought process. Today is a new day. Doubt you'd be up to explaining what I find a weird thought process.
Regarding your rhetorical question of insults, I, uh, took it as rhetorical.
Are you up to speed now, Ink? Understand what's going on? If you need further explanation, please refer back a few pages and read for yourself. And have a nice day.
It doesn't matter how the APGAR test turns out it is still a human life and just as important as your's or mine.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311290 Sep 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess Ink prefers her mythology convoluted, dense with contradiction, and served with an extra-large helping of condemnation.
To each her own...
Jesus doesn't condemn. That is not convoluted.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311291 Sep 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If their 'success and accomplishments' consist mostly of efforts to curtail abortion rights? I prefer to despise those efforts. And I hold those efforts in negative regard.
Women who disagree with abortion, and therefore don't contemplate, seek, or obtain abortion, are worthy of much respect...as long as they don't go around trying to relieve the rest of us of the right to one.
All women have the right to choose. Even if they don't choose abortion. Imagine that!!
Just to take on one, what did Sarah Palin do to curb your rights to an abortion?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311292 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They can say whatever they want.
LOL, more deflection, Witless.

So tell us, what is the difference between your religion with a triune Deity, and any other religion with the same.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#311293 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, more deflection, Witless.
So tell us, what is the difference between your religion with a triune Deity, and any other religion with the same.
What religion in particular are you talking about?
Katie

Kent, WA

#311294 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how the APGAR test turns out it is still a human life and just as important as your's or mine.
Yes you're right. But that was not my point of the post.

Care to explain why *you* find it so easy to believe some people would think "some lives" are not as important as others?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311295 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to take on one, what did Sarah Palin do to curb your rights to an abortion?
Her efforts to put abortion out of reach for any number of Alaskan women, curb those rights. I may not live in Alaska, but many women do.

If you don't know, intimately, how Palin's pro-life stance affected her legislative decisions while Governor, perhaps you need to do a little more research on the lip-sticked pig.

Don't expect me to school you...your obtuse and literal-minded demeanor is tiring as hell. Figure it out for yourself.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311296 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, more deflection, Witless.
So tell us, what is the difference between your religion with a triune Deity, and any other religion with the same.
It's hers. That's all the difference she needs, and she's happy with it.

Let's move on.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311297 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't condemn. That is not convoluted.
Jesus is God. God condemns. The Holy Ghost, what, hangs out and boogies with the saints? I don't know. But since they're all the same thing, Jesus condemns. Or he doesn't. Whatever you say.

It's your story to enjoy.
You're welcome to keep it.

But I don't want laws which hinge on your story, to mandate how I live my life.

Thanks anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 min Chosen Traveler 29,083
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,192,929
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 min IBdaMann 4,361
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 18 min Conservative Demo... 761
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Eagle 12 235,819
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Big D 201,439
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 19 hr alvina haynes 13
More from around the web