Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312664 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Narberth, PA

#311234 Sep 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Their", Witless? Really? I didn't women, and I didn't say ALL, did I, Witless One?
I don't think anyone else did, either.
I believe I was responding to something Rose said that I agreed with. Is that not allowed here?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311235 Sep 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you bring it up in the first place, then? What was your point?
I didn't. It was part of a conversation I was having with John.

I thought you had an interest in that discussion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311236 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I was responding to something Rose said that I agreed with. Is that not allowed here?
Something Rose said in response to me.

"Their", who?
Katie

Pacific, WA

#311238 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she doesn't get it because it is too silly to get. No only can man fly but he can fly anywhere he wants. Birds on the other hand only go north and south and always to the same place unless the get lost.
Bitner is going to tell me that she sees birds flying in circles and not north and south so let me explain for her. I'm talking long trips called migration.
You seem to have a habit of answering posts to other people, but ignoring the post to you.

What about those APGAR tests? These being done on fetuses now a days?

Care to elaborate how *you* determined I wanted babies tested for weird reasons dreamed up in *your* head?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311239 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you sooooo upset? conscience bothering you? Yepper.
I'm not upset. I'm expressing my disdain for you.

You're confused.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#311240 Sep 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Education and sorry to say not being responsible ..wITH freedoms cones responsibility ..
Now sometimes it may not work..or more likely used incorrectly ..
But many women just get pregnant and use abortion as their birth control..
I'm an older lady ...Not all that many friends who are of childbearing years ..And I KNOW 2 who have had multiple abortions ...from s Betts small pool of women ..there must be lots out THERR ..if they have access to clinics ..they HSVE access to contraception..they just don't use it..
And in anyone's book...taking a pill..or a shot..using a diaphragm or even a condom ..has got to be easier on a woman's body and spirit than having an abortion...
And abortion has let the guys off the hook...too.do no condoms..foolish considering STDS ..IMO .
PART IS,education but these people do not live in caves ...these things are all over the internet ...tve
These celebs THRY look up.to should do PSA..on MTV. And other shows young people watch..
The pill was supposed to be our great equalizer ..instead abortion is touted as the ultimate right for women..
It's a downright shame ...And it hurts women as well as killing THeir babies ..
"Education and sorry to say not being responsible ..wITH freedoms cones responsibility .."

"PART IS,education but these people do not live in caves ...these things are all over the internet ...tve"

I think we agree that education is key. Then, access.

But many on your side do not want folks to be educated and they do not want birth control to be available. Many on your side outright lie; they preach birth control causes abortion. They say sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin, using a condom is a mortal sin, and abortion is a mortal sin. They call women murderers, having no clue why any particular woman had an abortion, then turn around and claim to hold these women's hands after they've guilted them into believing they are murderers.

If you want to see abortion become rare, then the lies have to stop.

Again, sex - ed for both women AND men is a must. And again, it's your side which claims sex ed leads to the irresponsibility you're talking about.

Your side advocates this vicious circle. Keep'um dumb, blame'um for not obeying, and take all of their choices away.

It doesn't work. Never has. Never will.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311241 Sep 16, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Puffed up? Me ? I was puffing YOU up. Do you read ?
<quoted text>
More evidence of human superiority.
When did you ever see a cat or a dolphin enact environmental law, or promote environmental education, or create economic incentive ?
More good work ! Hats off to you !
When did you ever see a cat or a dolphin act in a manner making environmental law, education, or incentive NECESSARY? That would be us, and only us.

Massive fail, dolt.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311242 Sep 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What should we legislate?
All laws have some form of moral background.
I just think important issues should be left for the people to decide, as it is anywhere in the us.
Each town has a "standard "in which we live by, so why was such an important subject left up to a handful of judges to decide?
Because that is their job. Civil rights are not subject to the whim of the majority. That's why.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311244 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, your conscience is bothering you.
LOL, of course it's not. I've done nothing that would bother it.

You are wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311245 Sep 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Education and sorry to say not being responsible ..wITH freedoms cones responsibility .."
"PART IS,education but these people do not live in caves ...these things are all over the internet ...tve"
I think we agree that education is key. Then, access.
But many on your side do not want folks to be educated and they do not want birth control to be available. Many on your side outright lie; they preach birth control causes abortion. They say sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin, using a condom is a mortal sin, and abortion is a mortal sin. They call women murderers, having no clue why any particular woman had an abortion, then turn around and claim to hold these women's hands after they've guilted them into believing they are murderers.
If you want to see abortion become rare, then the lies have to stop.
Again, sex - ed for both women AND men is a must. And again, it's your side which claims sex ed leads to the irresponsibility you're talking about.
Your side advocates this vicious circle. Keep'um dumb, blame'um for not obeying, and take all of their choices away.
It doesn't work. Never has. Never will.
"Your side advocates this vicious circle. Keep'um dumb, blame'um for not obeying, and take all of their choices away."

This is so true.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#311247 Sep 16, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a childless, barren woman filled with resentments. You take your resentments out on babies...especially those in the womb.
You support dismemberment & execution over adoption.
You're a disgusting, self-absorbed loser.
Speaking of losers...... I see you - the KING of the losers - is still spouting the same old bullshit.

You're a childless, ball-less wonder, who will never have children (and thank G-D for that) because NO real woman would have anything to do with you.

You take YOUR resentments out on everyone that doesn't walk in lockstep with you.

See No Relevance, the difference between you and your kind and the rest of us?

WE aren't the losers. WE dont represent the WORST of our respective faiths or spiritual beliefs. WE make change for the better and seek compromise to find that middle ground that, while elusive, isn't impossible.

Except for your kind, then it IS impossible. You represent EPIC FAILURE at every turn, PARTICULARLY when it comes to your own agenda.

Sucks to be wrong so often doesn't it No Relevance. And no, contrary to your beliefs, I'm not banned, just tired of you and your kind's endless, repetitive bullshit.

Your kind are like a bad soap opera. You can miss weeks, and its STILL the same tired storyline.

You're an asshole. Noun. Just sayin'.

Poor lil fella.

Location hidden

#311248 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they have shown no ability to understand which is fine.
I only believe in one God.
No Inkstain, technically you believe in a triad. That's NOT "one".

More of the same shit, different day.

You can't explain it, because you dont understand it yourself, and THATS the fact.

Location hidden

#311249 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you? Why did you deny Christ?
Because she's not a Christian you moron.

My lord, your kind just get stupider with time.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#311250 Sep 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But just because a woman is not in favor if Roe ..dies not mean she is a throwback or wants to see uneducated women with no say in their lives .
We who were THERR for the lib movement ...And wanted equality ..jus draw the line and mothers killing the offspring in their wombs .
That's dies not make US an less equal ...I BELive in taking control of our bodies ...by NOT conceiving ...
But a female conservative IS trashed ...
And I was appalled at how Palin's daughter was trashed and made fun if for actually having her baby ...But anything is ok thrown at a conservative ...
Palin ..however you feel about her..embodied a woman who DID NOT stay t home barefoot and pregnant ..so did Condie Rice and others ..But if they aren't libs and pro-choice they are called traitors .
Well we are not ..most of us educated our daughters to HSVE a,better place in the world than we did...which to.me is the ULTIMATE IN FEMINISM or what it once stood for ...
Bravo!!!!!

But I'm sure that the "right to kill" crowd won't like what you said.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#311251 Sep 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>...just that she doesn't want us to have that PARTICULAR say. She would rather no woman had that particular say over her own life, because she doesn't WANT to have that say, herself. I find that just as contemptible as you find 'abortions of convenience' to be.
<quoted text>No you don't. You draw the line at mothers 'killing the offspring in their wombs' for reasons YOU PERSONALLY don't approve of. There's a gigantic difference.
<quoted text>And I believe that the vast majority of women do exactly that. You believe that the behavior of SOME of the ones who don't, should negate the rights of everyone else.
<quoted text>Bristol Palin was trashed because she was trashy - not because she had a baby out of wedlock at the age of 17, but because she used her mother's Vice Presidential campaign as a venue for getting her boyfriend to pop the question. Sarah Palin was trashed, because she tried to use her special needs son to get sympathy votes. And because she actually believed there was such a thing as a 'Vice Presidential Campaign'. She put herself on the Dog & Pony Show contenders list as a 'pony', when she was actually running for the job of 'dog'...and frankly, she still hasn't figured that out.
<quoted text>No. She used her position as Governor of the state, to advocate that OTHER women stay home barefoot and pregnant. Her daughter, for example. Pfft.
<quoted text>If they want to take away the rights of self-defense, personal risk assessment, and bodily autonomy, from pregnant women, simply because they don't want to have those rights themselves, THEY ARE TRAITORS. Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it. No one is forced to have an abortion, by the law which says one may choose to.
<quoted text>Well, yes you are. You would enforce your belief that abortion is wrong, on every woman in the country, by criminalizing it. Regardless of how educated our daughters are, if they are considered state property when pregnant, they are not equal citizens. Period.
When a woman is pregnant, there are 2 lives.

"And I believe that the vast majority of women do exactly that."

Guttmacher says that you are wrong.

CONTRACEPTIVE USE

• Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]

• Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]

• Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]

• About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#311252 Sep 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Christians and Catholics I know ..And I actually listen to conservatives over the past twenty years ...
And females,in business ..And health cars I know who are conservative .
And some of the people I have taken care coverage years ..who I know well enough to discuss things like this .
Despite what's popular to believe ...many in my generation..And the children we went in to raise ..believe in colleges for women.
It's,not only access to abortion that makes women successful ..That was not even part of the lib movement when it started .
You may like to believe we ars all for keeping women down. We aren't ..And the women I have personal contact EITH ...And many other successful women who are not for abortion..prove this ..
Our kids and now grand kids are in college and in the workplace .
Again we just don't believe abortion is necessary to accomplish this ..
FAMILY PLANNING ..is,definitely in our repertoire ...including many CATHOLICS .
"It's,not only access to abortion that makes women successful"

This is the only part that many of them care about.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#311253 Sep 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree .
It's,a shame that killing one's offspring is the litmus,test fir equality ..But that what we have come to ..
No accomplishment if a woman ..like getting into Congress means a thing
It seems unless they support abortion..
We most definitely disagree
Yup. You hit the nail on the head.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#311254 Sep 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo!!!!!
But I'm sure that the "right to kill" crowd won't like what you said.
I don't agree with Rosesz view on abortion rights but she expresses her opinion without insulting the people who don't agree with her. You have shown that same trait, as well. Neither of you are extremists.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311255 Sep 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's,not only access to abortion that makes women successful"
It's not 'only' any one thing that makes women successful. But removing our right to personal risk assessment and self-defense when we are pregnant, isn't going to advance success among women...

unless 'success' is defined as 'spitting out an inexhaustible supply of kids'.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#311256 Sep 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, that argument deserves nothing but a laugh at it's utter stupidity. Moreover, what any one woman does with her right to medical autonomy isn't anyone's business but her own.
There is no utter stupidity about this:

"It is my own experience in referring women for abortions that about 38 percent of them are practicing birth control at the time they become pregnant"

http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/AIAB/...

"NWL demands full control over the decision to have children. We want free and full access to all forms of birth control, including contraception and abortion."

http://www.womensliberation.org/priorities/ab...

Except yours maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,457,965
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Brew In 32,590
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web