Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
290,921 - 290,940 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310819 Sep 12, 2013
Grazing in front of clinics? Those must be the "40 Days of Religious Masturbation" cows.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you seen the fat cows w/ nose rings & pink hair grazing in front of abortuaries?
In between "Moos!" they say they are deathscorts.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310820 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Well how many clinics in the U.S. have been bombed recently? ZERO. How many unborn babies were killed by the abortion clinics? Over Fifty five million.
Why you insist on focusing your outrage on the numbers of abortions over the last forty years, rather than the number of lives in misery because of poverty, violence, illness, hunger, and laziness, is a total mystery to me.

Worry about the living...your 'god' will see to the dead.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#310822 Sep 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Anti-abortion violence is a form of terrorism specifically visited upon people who or places which provide abortion. Incidents include vandalism, arson, and bombings of abortion clinics, such as those committed by Eric Rudolph, and murders or attempted murders of physicians and clinic staff, as committed by James Kopp, Paul Jennings Hill, Scott Roeder, Michael F. Griffin, and Peter James Knight.
Some of those opposed to abortion have sometimes resorted to very public demonstrations of violence in an effort to achieve their objective of curbing abortions. Those who engage in or support such actions defend the use of force—as justifiable homicide or defense of others—in the interest of protecting the life of the fetus.[4]
David C. Nice, of the University of Georgia, describes support for anti-abortion violence as a political weapon against women's rights, one that is associated with tolerance for violence toward women.[5]
Anti-abortion violence is recognized as a form of Christian terrorism.[6] Some supporters of such violence embrace this designation.[7]
To answer your question, while no clinics were bombed this year in the US...
According to NAF, since 1977 in the United States and Canada, property crimes committed against abortion providers have included 41 bombings, 173 arsons, 91 attempted bombings or arsons, 619 bomb threats, 1630 incidents of trespassing, 1264 incidents of vandalism, and 100 attacks with butyric acid ("stink bombs").[12] The New York Times also cites over one hundred clinic bombings and incidents of arson, over three hundred invasions, and over four hundred incidents of vandalism between 1978 and 1993.[16] The first clinic arson occurred in Oregon in March 1976 and the first bombing occurred in February 1978 in Ohio.[17]
Meanwhile, in Canada... three doctors have been attacked to date. There is speculation that the timing of the shootings is related to the Canadian observance of Remembrance Day. The physicians were part of a pattern of attacks, which targeted providers in Canada and upstate New York, including Dr. Barnett Slepian. All victims were shot, or shot at, in their homes with a rifle, at dusk or in the morning, in late October or early November.
A joint Canadian-F.B.I. task force investigating the shootings was not formed until December 1997—three years after the first attack. A task force coordinator, Inspector David Bowen of the Hamilton-Wentworth Regional Police, complained that the Canadian Government was not adequately financing the investigation. Inspector Bowen said the task force, largely financed by the communities where the shootings occurred, has "operated on a shoestring" with a budget of $100,000. He said he requested more funds in July that would raise its budget to $250,000. Federal officials rejected the request on Oct 15, a week before Dr. Slepian was killed. Inspector Bowen said that there hadn't been funding to follow up potential leads.[10]
You folks ain't no angels.
And most Christians would neither do any of that or condone it .

Killing to prevent killing aside from being sinful is counter to being
Pro life ....horrid and turns people against pro life ideas ..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310823 Sep 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And most Christians would neither do any of that or condone it .
Killing to prevent killing aside from being sinful is counter to being
Pro life ....horrid and turns people against pro life ideas ..
And most women would never have or condone an abortion, either. The facts remain that A) the vast majority of anti-abortion violence is done by folks who identify as 'Christian', and that B) some women need abortions.

Horrid or not.

(Chemo and radiation are pretty horrid, too....because it's killing the person's healthy cells, to prevent cancer from killing the person....but we don't have 40 day protests to stop treating cancer with chemo and radiation.)

So-called 'pro-life' people do several things which are counter to life...which is why they should tell it like it is, and call their movement 'pro-birth' or 'pro-gestation'...NOT 'pro-life'.

JMO

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310824 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Why you insist on focusing your outrage on the numbers of abortions over the last forty years, I do because those fifty five million are Temples of the Holy Spirit, Images of God. Our spiritual brothers and sisters, our future, because whatever we do to the least of our brethren, we do to Christ. Each of those babies have the God given right to live. God created everyone and everything living and dead.There will always be the poor, Christ said so, its the way we treat others, killing the unborn is demonic. You will have to answer to God. You are dead in spirit, so I guess you better be concerned about how God judges you.
Nope. Hell, you don't even trust him to keep women from needing (or having) abortions...wonder why that is.

If your god lets this stuff go on, he approves of it. He does NOTHING to stop it, and instead of making us better in the first place, he apparently needs harridans like you to proclaim his will...since he can't seem to get it across by himself.

Your god is weak sauce.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#310826 Sep 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And most women would never have or condone an abortion, either. The facts remain that A) the vast majority of anti-abortion violence is done by folks who identify as 'Christian', and that B) some women need abortions.
Horrid or not.
(Chemo and radiation are pretty horrid, too....because it's killing the person's healthy cells, to prevent cancer from killing the person....but we don't have 40 day protests to stop treating cancer with chemo and radiation.)
So-called 'pro-life' people do several things which are counter to life...which is why they should tell it like it is, and call their movement 'pro-birth' or 'pro-gestation'...NOT 'pro-life'.
JMO
BUT 55 million abortions have occurred nonetheless in a society where mire than half the pregnancies,COUKD have been avoided by contraception ..That is,appalling IMO
cancer cell is a deadly aberration..most pregnancies are healthy and normal ..the outcome of of sex ...can't get pregnant without it .

Also most birth control works ..if used correctly ..

But using abortion as birth control in this day and age...is irresponsible ..sorry but it is ...And multiple abortions,occur FRIM that mindset ..

These,are lives ...ended by their own mother's,...And yes I am talking about heAlthy moms and babies ...lives,ended because the are unwanted .

They are nowhere close to the sane as cancer cells which need to be destroyed .

And it hurts the mom s,too..I've seen it first hand with two different women ..I know,it's not PC to admit that ..But it's true ...

There are,hones to be had for these,children ...9 months??? For a,Life??? Hmmm and many women I bet once they felt the baby move would opt to keep and raise it ..

But that does not fit the agenda,..it's just a bunch of cells ..don't look at the ultrasound ..all so heaven forbid she might change her mind and avoid emotional distress later ...which again is real for many .

AGAIN HEALTHY MOM ..HEALTHY BABY

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310827 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>God is all loving and does not cause evil. You will find out that God is not weak.God gave us free will, you choose to do the opposite and do evil, well you will reap what you sow. You can change, you can ask for forgiveness and find how loving Christ is.
I don't need to ask forgiveness for using abortion to save my life. I don't consider self-defense to be a sin. And I don't believe in your 'god', who is supposedly "all loving" yet supposedly created us with "original sin" in the first place. Who supposedly doesn't 'cause evil', yet created beings who do evil. Who allows you to go on hurling hate and spewing shit about others in his name, and believing you'd go to heaven for it.

I'm not about your weak-sauce deity. It's your hell - YOU burn in it.

Freak.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310828 Sep 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>God is all loving and does not cause evil. You will find out that God is not weak.God gave us free will, you choose to do the opposite and do evil, well you will reap what you sow. You can change, you can ask for forgiveness and find how loving Christ is.
None of this is fact. It is only your belief and nobody else is required to follow your mythology/dogma.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310829 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to ask forgiveness for using abortion to save my life. I don't consider self-defense to be a sin. And I don't believe in your 'god', who is supposedly "all loving" yet supposedly created us with "original sin" in the first place. Who supposedly doesn't 'cause evil', yet created beings who do evil. Who allows you to go on hurling hate and spewing shit about others in his name, and believing you'd go to heaven for it.
Freak.
Yeah, all humanity is born with the stain of original sin because one woman allegedly ate an apple in a garden paradise. That is the creation of an archaic and misogynistic dogma.

So the message of the Genesis myth is that God dangles something nice in front of his lab rats and when they fall to human temptation he screws them over along with all the rest of humanity for all time.

What kind of cruel b@stard would do such a thing?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310830 Sep 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, all humanity is born with the stain of original sin because one woman allegedly ate an apple in a garden paradise. That is the creation of an archaic and misogynistic dogma.
So the message of the Genesis myth is that God dangles something nice in front of his lab rats and when they fall to human temptation he screws them over along with all the rest of humanity for all time.
It makes no sense because it's nonsense. Jmo

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#310831 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't you just love that story? It puts all other fairy tales to shame!

What kind of cruel b@stard would do such a thing? T

The kind that comes out of "mans" imagination looking to create a scape goat out of women for eternity in order to cover his own wrong doings. That's how I sum it up!
Ocean56

AOL

#310832 Sep 13, 2013
None of this is fact. It is only your belief and nobody else is required to follow your mythology/dogma.
Exactly. But let's remember that two of the most infamous acts of Church-based TERRORISM, the Malleus Maleficarum and the Inquisition, were, in fact, created by the CATHOLIC Church.

Of course Knutter will find a way to deny this too, not that any of us will buy the idiocy she's trying to sell.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310833 Sep 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If you lived when slavery was legal, would you have supported and promoted the rights of slave owners?
One, I wasn't talking about legal, but about civil rights. Slavery was legal DESPITE the constitution. Slavery goes AGAINST what I support. It's more in line with what YOU support. Your comparison is not apt.

Two, I'm not "promoting" anything in the first place.

Your question is stupid. Your comparison is not apt.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310834 Sep 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> The philosophy of wicca is to live for the moment, let spirits enter your body and possess you. Hell does exist, Satan thrives when people say he and hell doesn't exist. The Pope said if you don't worship God , you worship the devil. The Pope is soooo right on the mark.
Wrong, all around, lying scum.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310835 Sep 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Well how many clinics in the U.S. have been bombed recently? ZERO. How many unborn babies were killed by the abortion clinics? Over Fifty five million.
How typically dishonest of you, Scum, to ignore the previous post where she answered that question.

Are you saying LAST YEAR isn't "recent", Lying Scum?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310839 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to ask forgiveness for using abortion to save my life. I don't consider self-defense to be a sin. And I don't believe in your 'god', who is supposedly "all loving" yet supposedly created us with "original sin" in the first place. Who supposedly doesn't 'cause evil', yet created beings who do evil. Who allows you to go on hurling hate and spewing shit about others in his name, and believing you'd go to heaven for it.
Freak.
Yet another who has had an abortion. Explains alot about your daily presence on abortion forums.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310840 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And most women would never have or condone an abortion, either. The facts remain that A) the vast majority of anti-abortion violence is done by folks who identify as 'Christian', and that B) some women need abortions.
Horrid or not.
JMO
What? What do you mean by "And most women would never have or condone an abortion"?!?! In this country alone, we've had over 50MILLION abortions recorded since RvW. I believe the stats in NY claim 1 abortion per 3 pregnancies .

And why would you imagine that "most women" would not have or condone abortion? Sounds like something is not kosher about abortion even among you proaborts. Interesting indeed!
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310841 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why you insist on focusing your outrage on the numbers of abortions over the last forty years, rather than the number of lives in misery because of poverty, violence, illness, hunger, and laziness, is a total mystery to me.
Worry about the living...your 'god' will see to the dead.
The lives lost through abortion will ALWAYS be remembered. The prolife will show them dignity even in death. We don't want any MORE deaths to occur as "choice". Don't you get it?

Do you feel the same way about those who died in 911? Many more have died at the hands of terrorists(abortionists and those that hire them) as well as those whom yoh pointed out(poverty, violence, hunger, etc) so should we stop focusing on those lives lost in 911? Let "God worry about the dead" as you said?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310842 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> Only because no womb was involved....Petri dishes aren't nearly as fun to control as wombs....but the humanity of the embryos destroyed is exactly equal.
I find their willingness to give IVF a pass on it's PLANNED destruction of life, while howling and wailing about women who choose to abort for whatever reason, to be fundamentally hypocritical, and patently ridiculous.
""but the humanity of the embryos destroyed is exactly equal"""

Of course. Who but you, thinks otherwise? You keep bringing this up. Why? Are you trying to make a point?

Abortion is abortion. Destroying an unwanted humans life.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310843 Sep 13, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Yet another who has had an abortion. Explains alot about your daily presence on abortion forums.
You, however, as a woman who would encourage her daughter to die in the circumstances under which I had an abortion, are fairly unique in my personal experience.

Thank providence for that, at least.

What explains YOUR daily presence on these forums? Vitriol and opprobrium taste good to you?

You certainly aren't saving lives, or winning hearts and minds....

Next...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,099,984
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Eagle 12 226,302
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••