Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#310853 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to ask forgiveness for using abortion to save my life. I don't consider self-defense to be a sin. And I don't believe in your 'god', who is supposedly "all loving" yet supposedly created us with "original sin" in the first place. Who supposedly doesn't 'cause evil', yet created beings who do evil. Who allows you to go on hurling hate and spewing shit about others in his name, and believing you'd go to heaven for it.
I'm not about your weak-sauce deity. It's your hell - YOU burn in it.
Freak.
Disagree,on the deity .

Definitely agree on ending an ectopic pregnancy ..especially since it saves,lives..the baby cannot grow and sadly was,more than likely deceased ..You had your tube or ovary removed probably ..

Again ..I know abortion is a word for every thing ..

IMO to me that is not an elective abortion

Nor heAlthy mom or baby ....my belief that child is in heAven

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#310854 Sep 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you are upset. Your conscience is bothering you. It should. You are shaken in your boots. YOU are weak. Christ can help you, if you just ask Him.
Why SHOUKD her conscience bother her for having surgery for an ectopic pregnancy ...

That's why people don't take you seriously knit .

They remove a tube or ovary along with the baby who can't possibly live to save the moms,life .

You think she should have died??? For a most likely dead baby ...

ECTOPIC..growing outside the womb ..no room for baby or nourishing sac

What part of that don't you get ...She did not go to a clinic for an abortion ...

Again no wonder people ignore pro life arguments,like That

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310855 Sep 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree,on the deity .
Rose, I don't think you and that 'Knit-husk' thing, whatever it is, worship the same one.
Just sayin'.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310856 Sep 13, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical fake "pro-life" hypocrisy:
Bash someone for having a life saving abortion.
You'd rather the woman and the fetus die rather than a fetus be aborted.
You and your kind are disgusting.
She's asserted countless times that she'd rather let her daughter die than let her have an abortion.

She's pretty weird.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#310857 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She's asserted countless times that she'd rather let her daughter die than let her have an abortion.
She's pretty weird.
I'm fully aware. I've call sassy a living paradox.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310861 Sep 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong and very, very naive. You put your trust in pro abort posters you don't know, they tell you a lot of B.S. to believe. The pill does cause abortions. And please tell me what device or pill does a woman use in her body that stops ovulation or kills sperm that natural family planning uses, I am dying to know.
Birth control pills do not cause abortions, lying scum.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310863 Sep 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: "Slavery was legal DESPITE the constitution." - bHitler
** Ding, ding, ding, ding!***
So is abortion (14th Amendment much?)
"So is abortion (14th Amendment much?)"

Wrong. The very same reason you cannot own a citizen's body means you cannot own their uterus, either. The 14th Amendment means that a woman has the right to decide if she remain pregnant. A fetus is not a citizen. Never has been. And even if it was, it STILL would not have the right to use the woman's uterus without her continued permission. Period.

"Aren't laws supposed to protect civil rights? Are you saying laws can be wrong?"

Of course many laws protect civil rights, and laws can be wrong. I've never implied otherwise. For example, laws making abortion illegal, as the woman has the civil right to her own body, including the contents of her uterus. Those laws were wrong, against the Constitution, and were rightly overturned by RvW.

"Abortion goes along with what you support.
(BTW, your public support of abortion is what's called promotion. Your dimmer switch is stuck on dim.)"

I don't support abortion, publicly or privately. I'm not promoting anything. You are lying, it's that simple.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#310864 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> Only because no womb was involved....Petri dishes aren't nearly as fun to control as wombs....but the humanity of the embryos destroyed is exactly equal.
I find their willingness to give IVF a pass on it's PLANNED destruction of life, while howling and wailing about women who choose to abort for whatever reason, to be fundamentally hypocritical, and patently ridiculous.
Who gives it a pass?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#310865 Sep 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like La Posada at Christmas, which is performed on the public streets with no complaints by us non-Christians. Lots of Catholic parades and public happenings in my town and nary a protest. No persecution of Catholics/Christians here. I'm sure Ink and Knit are quite disappointed about that, considering their penchant for martyrdom.
Does harassment happen from and to both sides, somewhere, sometime? Yes, unfortunately. Both sides are equally guilty.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/elisabethmeineck...
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#310866 Sep 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, all humanity is born with the stain of original sin because one woman allegedly ate an apple in a garden paradise. That is the creation of an archaic and misogynistic dogma.
So the message of the Genesis myth is that God dangles something nice in front of his lab rats and when they fall to human temptation he screws them over along with all the rest of humanity for all time.
What kind of cruel b@stard would do such a thing?
The Bible doesn't say anything about an apple.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#310867 Sep 13, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Yet another who has had an abortion. Explains alot about your daily presence on abortion forums.
A lttle defensive, yah think?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310868 Sep 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"My favorite niece is a surrogate mom, with pink hair, and a lip ring." - Playa
I'm sure your neice's baby calves are adorable in the early morning dew.
Yet another fine example of your respect for women, eh?

Morning dew, is it...you impotent old fuzznut letch...
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#310869 Sep 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
Don't you think that persecution of christians outside the USA is a much larger problem? If you think youre being persecuted here (hahaha) you can leave and see how tolerant they are in the middle east or china.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310871 Sep 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A lttle defensive, yah think?
I've never observed either of you to think...you pose ridiculously obtuse questions, and she parrots the Catholic crutch. The two of you together don't have enough brains to blow yourselves up with.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#310872 Sep 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't say anything about an apple.
The bible also never says anything about hell or souls. Maybe you should tell that to your religious buddies, like peggy(husker).
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310873 Sep 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control pills do not cause abortions, lying scum.
Yes they can.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310874 Sep 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"So is abortion (14th Amendment much?)"
Wrong. The very same reason you cannot own a citizen's body means you cannot own their uterus, either. The 14th Amendment means that a woman has the right to decide if she remain pregnant. A fetus is not a citizen. Never has been. And even if it was, it STILL would not have the right to use the woman's uterus without her continued permission. Period.
"Aren't laws supposed to protect civil rights? Are you saying laws can be wrong?"
Of course many laws protect civil rights, and laws can be wrong. I've never implied otherwise. For example, laws making abortion illegal, as the woman has the civil right to her own body, including the contents of her uterus. Those laws were wrong, against the Constitution, and were rightly overturned by RvW.
"Abortion goes along with what you support.
(BTW, your public support of abortion is what's called promotion. Your dimmer switch is stuck on dim.)"
I don't support abortion, publicly or privately. I'm not promoting anything. You are lying, it's that simple.
There are some who are not afraid to admit that they support abortion as choice. You're not one of them.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310875 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never observed either of you to think...you pose ridiculously obtuse questions, and she parrots the Catholic crutch. The two of you together don't have enough brains to blow yourselves up with.
Like she said....defensive.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310876 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another fine example of your respect for women, eh?
Morning dew, is it...you impotent old fuzznut letch...
You support killing females in the womb. And THAT is a "fine example of your respect for women"?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310877 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You, however, as a woman who would encourage her daughter to die in the circumstances under which I had an abortion, are fairly unique in my personal experience.
Thank providence for that, at least.
What explains YOUR daily presence on these forums? Vitriol and opprobrium taste good to you?
You certainly aren't saving lives, or winning hearts and minds....
Next...
You're actually pretty funny when you're being silly. Who knew??

LOL @ your ridiculous claim that I would "encourage my daughter to die".

Next......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Teaman 1,223,227
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min polymath257 238,301
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr tom wingo 29,707
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web