Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,057
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310797 Sep 12, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
pay heed slow one. i said if you had been "following along". and if you had you would have seen that i used multiple ethnicities
( poles, italians, blacks, etc) in the analogies that i was making. not just this last one. i'll provide the posts if you insist but i think we both know that isn't going to be necessary.
<quoted text>
of course it's bigotted. if an anonymous person states they are a murderer, and you intimate that that person, because he is a murderer, must be from a particular ethnic group, then yes, that is most certainly bigotted.
Unclench those buttcheeks, hon. It was a joke...and a damn funny one too. It's not my fault so many priests turned out to be perverts.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310798 Sep 12, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no, not all the time. only when it's warranted, bigot.
Yawn...why don't you go dump some cash in a church collection plate so the Vatican can have more defense money for their perverted child-raping priests.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310800 Sep 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if they fantasize about waking up one morning with nail holes in their palms.
Maybe they walk around all day dragging giant crosses behind them. And maybe they wear thorny crowns as an accessory.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310801 Sep 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Fundies: " But, but, but it's wrong that gay pride exists! B-b-because being gay is a sin!....btw, we don't hate them gays, we just want them to understand that their gayness is of the devil, not they, themselves." Lol! According to fundamentalists, gays should be ashamed of their sexual orientation, therefore kids should be similarly ashamed and the shame is carried from generation to generation. Its their God's desire that it be so. Wow, how sick is that?
Fundies should be ashamed of the ignorance...but they're not.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310802 Sep 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think they do. Being an atheist or a pro choicer is quite popular. How is either group being persecuted?
I'll remember that next time an abortion clinic is bombed or an abortion provider is murdered. Meanwhile you can live in your fantasy world where only you poor, poor Christians get victimized.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310803 Sep 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about things that are happening and you are talking about only your own opinion which isn't accurate.
Your statement was full of 'probablys and I doubts'. Maybe you should come up with some real evidence.
My opinion is that people from ALL groups get persecuted which is far more accurate and realistic than your opinions on this matter.

My opinion is that any student can pray on their own at any time while in school which is not at all debatable since nobody can restrain their inner thoughts.

I came up with evidence (unlike your fellow fundie Knut with her *boo hoo I got called names while on the way to church), and of course you whined about it since the last thing you want to see is anything that proves Christians aren't the only people getting persecuted. I didn't see you prove that any kid got sent home from school for wearing a Jesus shirt...for instance. Maybe YOU should prove that religion is banned in schools. Let's start there. Maybe YOU should prove that personal prayer is not allowed in schools.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310804 Sep 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She's just looking for an argument not a conversation. Her solution to everyone being equal is to take away everyone's individual rights.
Although these liberals would be the first to complain and sue about a May Day procession like we used to have and thoroughly get behind the gay pride parade.
It seems you use that "she's just looking for an argument" b.s. every time you don't like another person's POV. And why would I complain about a May Day procession? YOU are the one complaining about gay pride parades.

And how am I implying that I want to take your "individual rights" away? You are part of the group that wants to take women's choice away based on your own religious dogma.

Again...who is stopping students from praying while in school? Who??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310805 Sep 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you seen the fat cows w/ nose rings & pink hair grazing in front of abortuaries?
In between "Moos!" they say they are deathscorts.
Sounds to me like you yearn to make your fuzznutted way into their pants, and you have a terrible case of sour grapes, letch.

By the way, my favorite niece is a surrogate mom, with pink hair, and a lip ring. Yep, that's right...she carries babies for other folks, who can't (or don't care to) carry one for themselves.

Jerk.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#310807 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion clinics are closing all over the Nation. How many bombings were there this year? ZERO.
Just saw the Husker Du moniker on the index...

Bob rules...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310808 Sep 12, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You AC folks are all over the map with your beliefs. Just so ya know, I'm pretty sure destroying a frozen embryo does not fit the definition for abortion.
Only because no womb was involved....Petri dishes aren't nearly as fun to control as wombs....but the humanity of the embryos destroyed is exactly equal.

I find their willingness to give IVF a pass on it's PLANNED destruction of life, while howling and wailing about women who choose to abort for whatever reason, to be fundamentally hypocritical, and patently ridiculous.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#310809 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are soooo misinformed and quite ignorant. Being gay is not a sin, acting on homosexual sex is a sin, like pre marital sex, extramarital sex, sexual perversion. When are you ever going to understand that? Another thing, Catholics are not fundies,never have , never ever, shovel head. Europeans still have processionals esp at Fatima and Lourdes and of course the Vatican. We need to start doing this again, we do not worship Mary but honor and revere her. This past week , the Pope asked us to have a Holy hour, Eucharistic Adoration so Obama will not bomb Syria and to pray for the Christians who are being tortured and for the victims of the war there and also for world peace. So far doing good, Christ is answering our prayers through the intercession of the Holy Mother.
Gay means being happy.
Catholics are respectful.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310810 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> How many bombings were there this year? ZERO.
December 25, 1984: An abortion clinic and two physicians' offices in Pensacola, Florida were bombed in the early morning of Christmas Day by a quartet of young people (Matt Goldsby, Jimmy Simmons, Kathy Simmons, Kaye Wiggins) who later called the bombings "a gift to Jesus on his birthday."[18][19][20] The clinic, the Ladies Center, would later be the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994 and a firebombing in 2012.
May 21, 1998: Three people were injured when acid was poured at the entrances of five abortion clinics in Miami, Florida.[21]
October 1999: Martin Uphoff set fire to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, causing US$100 worth of damage. He was later sentenced to 60 months in prison.[22]
May 28, 2000: An arson at a clinic in Concord, New Hampshire resulted in several thousand dollars' worth of damage. The case remains unsolved.[23][24][25] This was the second arson at the clinic.[26]
September 30, 2000: John Earl, a Catholic priest, drove his car into the Northern Illinois Health Clinic after learning that the FDA had approved the drug RU-486. He pulled out an ax before being forced to the ground by the owner of the building, who fired two warning shots from a shotgun.[27]
June 11, 2001: An unsolved bombing at a clinic in Tacoma, Washington destroyed a wall, resulting in $6,000 in damages.[22][28]
July 4, 2005: A clinic Palm Beach, Florida was the target of an arson. The case remains open.[22]
December 12, 2005: Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe threw a Molotov cocktail at a clinic in Shreveport, Louisiana. The device missed the building and no damage was caused. In August 2006, Hughes was sentenced to six years in prison, and Dunahoe to one year. Hughes claimed the bomb was a "memorial lamp" for an abortion she had had there.[29]
September 11, 2006 David McMenemy of Rochester Hills, Michigan, crashed his car into the Edgerton Women's Care Center in Davenport, Iowa. He then doused the lobby in gasoline and started a fire. McMenemy committed these acts in the belief that the center was performing abortions; however, Edgerton is not an abortion clinic.[30] Time magazine listed the incident in a "Top 10 Inept Terrorist Plots" list.[31]
April 25, 2007: A package left at a women's health clinic in Austin, Texas, contained an explosive device capable of inflicting serious injury or death. A bomb squad detonated the device after evacuating the building. Paul Ross Evans (who had a criminal record for armed robbery and theft) was found guilty of the crime.[32]
May 9, 2007: An unidentified person deliberately set fire to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia.[33]
December 6, 2007: Chad Altman and Sergio Baca were arrested for the arson of Dr. Curtis Boyd's clinic in Albuquerque. Baca's girlfriend had scheduled an appointment for an abortion at the clinic.[34][35]
January 22, 2009 Matthew L. Derosia, 32, who was reported to have had a history of mental illness[36] rammed an SUV into the front entrance of a Planned Parenthood clinic in St. Paul, Minnesota.[37]
January 1, 2012 Bobby Joe Rogers, 41, firebombed the American Family Planning Clinic in Pensacola, Florida with a Molotov cocktail; the fire gutted the building. Rogers told investigators that he was motivated to commit the crime by his opposition to abortion, and that what more directly prompted the act was seeing a patient enter the clinic during one of the frequent anti-abortion protests there. The clinic had previously been bombed at Christmas in 1984 and was the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994.[38]
April 1, 2012 A bomb exploded on the windowsill of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute, Wisconsin, resulting in a fire that damaged one of the clinic's examination rooms. April 11, 2013 A Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Indiana was vandalized with an axe.[39]

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310811 Sep 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they walk around all day dragging giant crosses behind them. And maybe they wear thorny crowns as an accessory.
Sounds like La Posada at Christmas, which is performed on the public streets with no complaints by us non-Christians. Lots of Catholic parades and public happenings in my town and nary a protest. No persecution of Catholics/Christians here. I'm sure Ink and Knit are quite disappointed about that, considering their penchant for martyrdom.
Does harassment happen from and to both sides, somewhere, sometime? Yes, unfortunately. Both sides are equally guilty.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310812 Sep 12, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion clinics are closing all over the Nation. How many bombings were there this year? ZERO.
Anti-abortion violence is a form of terrorism specifically visited upon people who or places which provide abortion. Incidents include vandalism, arson, and bombings of abortion clinics, such as those committed by Eric Rudolph, and murders or attempted murders of physicians and clinic staff, as committed by James Kopp, Paul Jennings Hill, Scott Roeder, Michael F. Griffin, and Peter James Knight.

Some of those opposed to abortion have sometimes resorted to very public demonstrations of violence in an effort to achieve their objective of curbing abortions. Those who engage in or support such actions defend the use of force—as justifiable homicide or defense of others—in the interest of protecting the life of the fetus.[4]

David C. Nice, of the University of Georgia, describes support for anti-abortion violence as a political weapon against women's rights, one that is associated with tolerance for violence toward women.[5]

Anti-abortion violence is recognized as a form of Christian terrorism.[6] Some supporters of such violence embrace this designation.[7]

To answer your question, while no clinics were bombed this year in the US...

According to NAF, since 1977 in the United States and Canada, property crimes committed against abortion providers have included 41 bombings, 173 arsons, 91 attempted bombings or arsons, 619 bomb threats, 1630 incidents of trespassing, 1264 incidents of vandalism, and 100 attacks with butyric acid ("stink bombs").[12] The New York Times also cites over one hundred clinic bombings and incidents of arson, over three hundred invasions, and over four hundred incidents of vandalism between 1978 and 1993.[16] The first clinic arson occurred in Oregon in March 1976 and the first bombing occurred in February 1978 in Ohio.[17]

Meanwhile, in Canada... three doctors have been attacked to date. There is speculation that the timing of the shootings is related to the Canadian observance of Remembrance Day. The physicians were part of a pattern of attacks, which targeted providers in Canada and upstate New York, including Dr. Barnett Slepian. All victims were shot, or shot at, in their homes with a rifle, at dusk or in the morning, in late October or early November.

A joint Canadian-F.B.I. task force investigating the shootings was not formed until December 1997—three years after the first attack. A task force coordinator, Inspector David Bowen of the Hamilton-Wentworth Regional Police, complained that the Canadian Government was not adequately financing the investigation. Inspector Bowen said the task force, largely financed by the communities where the shootings occurred, has "operated on a shoestring" with a budget of $100,000. He said he requested more funds in July that would raise its budget to $250,000. Federal officials rejected the request on Oct 15, a week before Dr. Slepian was killed. Inspector Bowen said that there hadn't been funding to follow up potential leads.[10]

You folks ain't no angels.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310813 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Fundies should be ashamed of the ignorance...but they're not.
Quite the opposite, they revel in their ignorance.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310815 Sep 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>December 25, 1984: An abortion clinic and two physicians' offices in Pensacola, Florida were bombed in the early morning of Christmas Day by a quartet of young people (Matt Goldsby, Jimmy Simmons, Kathy Simmons, Kaye Wiggins) who later called the bombings "a gift to Jesus on his birthday."[18][19][20] The clinic, the Ladies Center, would later be the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994 and a firebombing in 2012.
May 21, 1998: Three people were injured when acid was poured at the entrances of five abortion clinics in Miami, Florida.[21]
October 1999: Martin Uphoff set fire to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, causing US$100 worth of damage. He was later sentenced to 60 months in prison.[22]
May 28, 2000: An arson at a clinic in Concord, New Hampshire resulted in several thousand dollars' worth of damage. The case remains unsolved.[23][24][25] This was the second arson at the clinic.[26]
September 30, 2000: John Earl, a Catholic priest, drove his car into the Northern Illinois Health Clinic after learning that the FDA had approved the drug RU-486. He pulled out an ax before being forced to the ground by the owner of the building, who fired two warning shots from a shotgun.[27]
June 11, 2001: An unsolved bombing at a clinic in Tacoma, Washington destroyed a wall, resulting in $6,000 in damages.[22][28]
July 4, 2005: A clinic Palm Beach, Florida was the target of an arson. The case remains open.[22]
December 12, 2005: Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe threw a Molotov cocktail at a clinic in Shreveport, Louisiana. The device missed the building and no damage was caused. In August 2006, Hughes was sentenced to six years in prison, and Dunahoe to one year. Hughes claimed the bomb was a "memorial lamp" for an abortion she had had there.[29]
September 11, 2006 David McMenemy of Rochester Hills, Michigan, crashed his car into the Edgerton Women's Care Center in Davenport, Iowa. He then doused the lobby in gasoline and started a fire. McMenemy committed these acts in the belief that the center was performing abortions; however, Edgerton is not an abortion clinic.[30] Time magazine listed the incident in a "Top 10 Inept Terrorist Plots" list.[31]
April 25, 2007: A package left at a women's health clinic in Austin, Texas, contained an explosive device capable of inflicting serious injury or death. A bomb squad detonated the device after evacuating the building. Paul Ross Evans (who had a criminal record for armed robbery and theft) was found guilty of the crime.[32]
May 9, 2007: An unidentified person deliberately set fire to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia.[33]
December 6, 2007: Chad Altman and Sergio Baca were arrested for the arson of Dr. Curtis Boyd's clinic in Albuquerque. Baca's girlfriend had scheduled an appointment for an abortion at the clinic.[34][35]
January 22, 2009 Matthew L. Derosia, 32, who was reported to have had a history of mental illness[36] rammed an SUV into the front entrance of a Planned Parenthood clinic in St. Paul, Minnesota.[37]
January 1, 2012 Bobby Joe Rogers, 41, firebombed the American Family Planning Clinic in Pensacola, Florida with a Molotov cocktail; the fire gutted the building. Rogers told investigators that he was motivated to commit the crime by his opposition to abortion, and that what more directly prompted the act was seeing a patient enter the clinic during one of the frequent anti-abortion protests there. The clinic had previously been bombed at Christmas in 1984 and was the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994.[38]
April 1, 2012 A bomb exploded ...
I guess to Knut those don't count because they didn't happen within the last 9 months.

That woman is idiotic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310816 Sep 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like La Posada at Christmas, which is performed on the public streets with no complaints by us non-Christians. Lots of Catholic parades and public happenings in my town and nary a protest. No persecution of Catholics/Christians here. I'm sure Ink and Knit are quite disappointed about that, considering their penchant for martyrdom.
Does harassment happen from and to both sides, somewhere, sometime? Yes, unfortunately. Both sides are equally guilty.
Our local Historical Society puts up a life-size nativity display every Christmas...and guess what? Nobody objects. Imagine that!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310817 Sep 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Quite the opposite, they revel in their ignorance.
They proudly showcase it, in fact.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#310818 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Our local Historical Society puts up a life-size nativity display every Christmas...and guess what? Nobody objects. Imagine that!
May the divine assistance always
remain with us.
Amen

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310819 Sep 12, 2013
Grazing in front of clinics? Those must be the "40 Days of Religious Masturbation" cows.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you seen the fat cows w/ nose rings & pink hair grazing in front of abortuaries?
In between "Moos!" they say they are deathscorts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min new yawk 1,155,535
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 233,043
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 2 hr Lora_14 10
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr sam 201,186
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 28,451
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 9 hr IBdaMann 2,731
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... 14 hr dogman67156 1
More from around the web