Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
290,801 - 290,820 of 305,390 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Pot meet Kettle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome!!
That was my goal for the day!!
Next...
So I was the sole focus of your goal for yesterday ? I'm flattered.
Who are you stalking today?

" Some of the sweetest folks to grace this earth..."

Unbelievable. You truly are a sicko with absolutely no shame.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

September 11th, 2001, left a scar on our nationís heart. It reminded us that human beings will never be above hate, or fear. But men like this teach us that a nationís heart can be scarred, and ultimately be the better for it.

http://aattp.org/american-soldier-stands-musl...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Where does the bible insist that christians wear crosses? It's not a religious tenet, like some sects with covering the head. If her employers want to keep religion out of the public school classroom, they can--she can work for a religious school if she needs her christ-o-bling.
Ink wrote:

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Unlike germany and turkey, the RCC holds itself as a moral authority--which is sad given not just the molestations but the cold-blooded cover-up that goes on even to this day. Not to mention the OTHER cover-ups concerning the rapes perpetrated on nuns and the abortions provided when they got pregnant.
That "charity" is great, but it comes from the followers; the vatican itself spends no portion of its vast fortune to pay for it, nor for the upkeep of its own parishes.
Funny you should mention the germans, with whom the vatican collaborated during WW2. Is that the lesson your christ supposedly taught?
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, really? Gee I didn't know that because last time I checked, the Catholic Church raised more money for charity, volunteered more of their time to the poor, helped more poor single mothers than all the governments in the world combined. By the way, how much longer are you guys gonna bring up the sex abuse scandal when you talk about Catholicism, out of the 2000 years it existed? So every time I talk to a Turk about Turkey I should bring up the Armenian genocide? Every time I talk to a German about Germany I should bring up the Holocaust? Is it the Church and it's culture you are bringing up or the flaws that you seem to love to bring up, as if any other secular organization isn't as guilty or more guilty of scandals as well. How about those good old public schools covering up those teacher sex scandals to save their asses while also inviting Planned Parenthood to say, "Well if you have a condom you can have sex all you want with no children," which is a blatant lie. So how about saying bad things about the dirty laundry about Jews, blacks, Muslims, Asians or any other group? If not than you have proven my point that you are biased against Catholics and you belong to the same group that ridiculed my ancestors who came here from Europe 200 years ago by wealthy WASPs that were spewing the same garbage and lies about my religion in order to drive us out of the US. Sorry to say, it didn't happen then and it won't happen now. The Catholic Church has given more to society than you will ever be able to do in your life. Instead of hiding behind the keyboard attacking my religion, go help the Little Sisters of the Poor in Haiti or an adoption center in Detroit but you can't because you are a lazy coward.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is ugly is men and women like you supporting the killing of over fifty five million unborn children, our future."

I do no such thing, lying scum.

"You are destroying our future by allowing abortions."

I don't "allow" anything, lying scum, and legal abortion has no affected our population growth at all.

"You will reap what you sow , in the near future."

I HAVE reaped what I've sown. A wonderful life, surrounded by my husband, kids and grandkids, full of friends, spiritual fulfillment, and meaningful work that helps others.

I have no need to fear due to my support of the civil rights of others, or not butting my nose into things that are absolutely NONE of my business.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

For anyone Not believing as I do ..please do as you feel moved . Just had yo be said in some way ..this is mine :)

]DEAREST FATHER GOD
we come yo you today in REMEMBRANCE ..of a horrid s t of hatred that affected so many people .

We ask you to remember those who died ..to comfort their friends and families .

To bless the first responders ..some of whom are ill from their efforts .

We pray for healing in the world so that this hatred
Can end . We pray for Our Soldiers, especially those who have awful injuries

May we all live in Peace .

In Jesus name . AMEN

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

I still cannot watch this without crying but I love the music
bman

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Unlike germany and turkey, the RCC holds itself as a moral authority--which is sad given not just the molestations but the cold-blooded cover-up that goes on even to this day. Not to mention the OTHER cover-ups concerning the rapes perpetrated on nuns and the abortions provided when they got pregnant.
That "charity" is great, but it comes from the followers; the vatican itself spends no portion of its vast fortune to pay for it, nor for the upkeep of its own parishes.
Funny you should mention the germans, with whom the vatican collaborated during WW2. Is that the lesson your christ supposedly taught?
<quoted text>
The Church is now taking care of the sex scandal, unlike the public schools. You are right, the Church deserves to be chastised for that. But the scandal aside, can't we also praise the good things the Church has done for society? The Vatican never collaborated with Nazi Germany, it was technically neutral, unfortunately, but Pope Pius XII often denounced Hitler. Plus St. Maximilian Kolbe, a franciscan friar, sacrificed himself to save a Jewish man's life during the Holocaust. Tell me about those rapes and abortions on nuns that the Catholic Church was involved in? Where's your proof? How about we talk about the Rabbis who stole millions from charities or the Imams who praise 9/11? Afraid to talk about that because you are an Anti-Catholic bigot? The Vatican created the University system, the Vatican was responsible for research of so many brilliant discoveries throughout our history, the Vatican has done more than you'll ever do in life. When you have humans running things it won't always be perfect because we have free will. Yes Jesus taught us a lot of things that you'll probably never understand because of your intelligence. Do your research before accusing the Church of these conspiracies.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No - they think only Christians should be allowed to persecute...
Oh I forgot...they have a God-given right to persecute in the name of their Jesus.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The hypocrisy from SOME Christians is truly blatantly. These are the ones on this thread who whine the loudest but are the worst perpetrators. Unfortunately for the real Christians, these jerks are the ones that get noticed.
It gets tiring watching Ink and Knit play the victim day after day...

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

The church is doing all it can to keep the cover-up going. As for the nuns:
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/...

The vatican has admitted it; maybe you should pay attention. They aren't doing much of anything about it, but they admitted it.

The vatican streamed money out of germany for safekeeping. Moreover, they helped nazi's escape to other places to avoid punishment.

All religions are contemptible in their own way; the subject happens to be the RCC. Who the hell are they to voice a moral imperative when they clearly have neither morals nor ethics?
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is now taking care of the sex scandal, unlike the public schools. You are right, the Church deserves to be chastised for that. But the scandal aside, can't we also praise the good things the Church has done for society? The Vatican never collaborated with Nazi Germany, it was technically neutral, unfortunately, but Pope Pius XII often denounced Hitler. Plus St. Maximilian Kolbe, a franciscan friar, sacrificed himself to save a Jewish man's life during the Holocaust. Tell me about those rapes and abortions on nuns that the Catholic Church was involved in? Where's your proof? How about we talk about the Rabbis who stole millions from charities or the Imams who praise 9/11? Afraid to talk about that because you are an Anti-Catholic bigot? The Vatican created the University system, the Vatican was responsible for research of so many brilliant discoveries throughout our history, the Vatican has done more than you'll ever do in life. When you have humans running things it won't always be perfect because we have free will. Yes Jesus taught us a lot of things that you'll probably never understand because of your intelligence. Do your research before accusing the Church of these conspiracies.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, you are upset at what I posted. Get a backbone and face the truth.
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/
Katie

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>What is ugly is men and women like you supporting the killing of over fifty five million unborn children, our future. You are destroying our future by allowing abortions. You will reap what you sow , in the near future.
How many deaths of American citizens since 1973? Probably way more than 55M.

You *are* reaping what *you* sow.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it never happens. I said, I haven't seen it in my community, at all. I said that where it happens, it is unfair. Those are my words. Why are you making things up? And, no, you don't get to construe an implication, if you intend to be honest. Please, don't be dishonest and manipulative.
So are you saying that it does happen. Sorry. You sounded like you were denying my claim and even thanked me for seeing it your way.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happened with the lawsuit? That's from a decade ago. How was it resolved? And why didn't the woman just tuck her cross necklace under her collar? My necklaces stay tucked underneath my collar because they're personal to me, not to be on display ostentatiously.
It wasn't just crosses, it was any headgear, scarfs or other religious wear. I just wondered how you felt about not being allowed to express yourself in anyway you wished.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Child Gets Suspended For Being An Atheist
http://www.weareatheism.com/child-gets-suspen...
New 'Secular Safe Zone' Program to Defend Atheist Students
"Modeled after the LGBT safe zone programs, the project trains mentors in student communities to create safe, neutral places for students to talk about their doubts without fear of religious bullying."
http://www.secularstudents.org/SecularSafeZon...
Public Catholic school suspends students for wearing pro-choice stickers
"Seven students at a publicly funded Catholic school* in Thunder Bay, Ontario have been suspended from school for wearing homemade pro-choice t-shirts on a day that the school administration had devoted to a "pro-life" Day of Silence."
http://boingboing.net/2011/03/17/public-catho...
I only clicked on the first story and that is what it seems like, a story. No names, no corroboration, nothing.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

bman wrote:
<quoted text>
They are blind to any good that the Church does. They are people who only want to see evil, so they do. The good people of the world will continue to give in so many ways and these guys will continue to do nothing and disregard all that is good.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It gets tiring watching Ink and Knit play the victim day after day...
Far from victims.

I mentioned the way that the sectarian culture is winning in this country and others and thereby taking away individual rights. You don't agree and that is clear. I see people willingly giving up their rights more and more everyday in order that evryone be treated equally.

If a vetern wants to fly a flag on his property and the neighbors don't like it he is sued. I a kid goes to school with a T shirt showing Jesus, he is sent home. I think the whole country is a victim of itself.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

<quoted text>
Do you think persecution only happens to Christians?
What about when the supposed Christians on here post filthy abusive posts to the gay people who are also on here? That's okay I suppose? That's some of the worst abuse I've seen on here and it's perpetrated by the Christian posters.
I can only speak for myself and I don't do that. Isn't that the pro choice argument?'I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't take away someone else's right'?
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Maybe it's the result of christians inserting their religion into everything, even things that have nothing to do with religion. It's arrogant to demand non-believers to sit through your religious displays.
<quoted text>
None of it is as disturbing as the gay pride parade especially for children.
Ink

Warminster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Does it make you feel more 'human' to go around trying to guilt and shame people for exercising their Constitutional rights to self-defense, personal risk assessment, and bodily/medical autonomy?
Really?
Because, trust me - it DOESN'T make you more 'human'...it just makes you more of an asshole.
Getting on here and calling women murderers all day, must be the only sort of self-validation you can muster up...what a pathetic life.
Are you agreeing with her that you are only exercising your constitutional right to kill your unborn baby? And that there should be no shame for doing so?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Just Think 225,656
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,096,122
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 26,971
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••