Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,310
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310686 Sep 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No - they think only Christians should be allowed to persecute...
Oh I forgot...they have a God-given right to persecute in the name of their Jesus.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310687 Sep 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The hypocrisy from SOME Christians is truly blatantly. These are the ones on this thread who whine the loudest but are the worst perpetrators. Unfortunately for the real Christians, these jerks are the ones that get noticed.
It gets tiring watching Ink and Knit play the victim day after day...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310688 Sep 11, 2013
The church is doing all it can to keep the cover-up going. As for the nuns:
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/...

The vatican has admitted it; maybe you should pay attention. They aren't doing much of anything about it, but they admitted it.

The vatican streamed money out of germany for safekeeping. Moreover, they helped nazi's escape to other places to avoid punishment.

All religions are contemptible in their own way; the subject happens to be the RCC. Who the hell are they to voice a moral imperative when they clearly have neither morals nor ethics?
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is now taking care of the sex scandal, unlike the public schools. You are right, the Church deserves to be chastised for that. But the scandal aside, can't we also praise the good things the Church has done for society? The Vatican never collaborated with Nazi Germany, it was technically neutral, unfortunately, but Pope Pius XII often denounced Hitler. Plus St. Maximilian Kolbe, a franciscan friar, sacrificed himself to save a Jewish man's life during the Holocaust. Tell me about those rapes and abortions on nuns that the Catholic Church was involved in? Where's your proof? How about we talk about the Rabbis who stole millions from charities or the Imams who praise 9/11? Afraid to talk about that because you are an Anti-Catholic bigot? The Vatican created the University system, the Vatican was responsible for research of so many brilliant discoveries throughout our history, the Vatican has done more than you'll ever do in life. When you have humans running things it won't always be perfect because we have free will. Yes Jesus taught us a lot of things that you'll probably never understand because of your intelligence. Do your research before accusing the Church of these conspiracies.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310689 Sep 11, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, you are upset at what I posted. Get a backbone and face the truth.
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/
Katie

Kent, WA

#310691 Sep 11, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>What is ugly is men and women like you supporting the killing of over fifty five million unborn children, our future. You are destroying our future by allowing abortions. You will reap what you sow , in the near future.
How many deaths of American citizens since 1973? Probably way more than 55M.

You *are* reaping what *you* sow.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310693 Sep 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it never happens. I said, I haven't seen it in my community, at all. I said that where it happens, it is unfair. Those are my words. Why are you making things up? And, no, you don't get to construe an implication, if you intend to be honest. Please, don't be dishonest and manipulative.
So are you saying that it does happen. Sorry. You sounded like you were denying my claim and even thanked me for seeing it your way.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310694 Sep 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happened with the lawsuit? That's from a decade ago. How was it resolved? And why didn't the woman just tuck her cross necklace under her collar? My necklaces stay tucked underneath my collar because they're personal to me, not to be on display ostentatiously.
It wasn't just crosses, it was any headgear, scarfs or other religious wear. I just wondered how you felt about not being allowed to express yourself in anyway you wished.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310695 Sep 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Child Gets Suspended For Being An Atheist
http://www.weareatheism.com/child-gets-suspen...
New 'Secular Safe Zone' Program to Defend Atheist Students
"Modeled after the LGBT safe zone programs, the project trains mentors in student communities to create safe, neutral places for students to talk about their doubts without fear of religious bullying."
http://www.secularstudents.org/SecularSafeZon...
Public Catholic school suspends students for wearing pro-choice stickers
"Seven students at a publicly funded Catholic school* in Thunder Bay, Ontario have been suspended from school for wearing homemade pro-choice t-shirts on a day that the school administration had devoted to a "pro-life" Day of Silence."
http://boingboing.net/2011/03/17/public-catho...
I only clicked on the first story and that is what it seems like, a story. No names, no corroboration, nothing.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310696 Sep 11, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is now taking care of the sex scandal, unlike the public schools. You are right, the Church deserves to be chastised for that. But the scandal aside, can't we also praise the good things the Church has done for society? The Vatican never collaborated with Nazi Germany, it was technically neutral, unfortunately, but Pope Pius XII often denounced Hitler. Plus St. Maximilian Kolbe, a franciscan friar, sacrificed himself to save a Jewish man's life during the Holocaust. Tell me about those rapes and abortions on nuns that the Catholic Church was involved in? Where's your proof? How about we talk about the Rabbis who stole millions from charities or the Imams who praise 9/11? Afraid to talk about that because you are an Anti-Catholic bigot? The Vatican created the University system, the Vatican was responsible for research of so many brilliant discoveries throughout our history, the Vatican has done more than you'll ever do in life. When you have humans running things it won't always be perfect because we have free will. Yes Jesus taught us a lot of things that you'll probably never understand because of your intelligence. Do your research before accusing the Church of these conspiracies.
They are blind to any good that the Church does. They are people who only want to see evil, so they do. The good people of the world will continue to give in so many ways and these guys will continue to do nothing and disregard all that is good.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310698 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
It gets tiring watching Ink and Knit play the victim day after day...
Far from victims.

I mentioned the way that the sectarian culture is winning in this country and others and thereby taking away individual rights. You don't agree and that is clear. I see people willingly giving up their rights more and more everyday in order that evryone be treated equally.

If a vetern wants to fly a flag on his property and the neighbors don't like it he is sued. I a kid goes to school with a T shirt showing Jesus, he is sent home. I think the whole country is a victim of itself.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310699 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you think persecution only happens to Christians?
What about when the supposed Christians on here post filthy abusive posts to the gay people who are also on here? That's okay I suppose? That's some of the worst abuse I've seen on here and it's perpetrated by the Christian posters.
I can only speak for myself and I don't do that. Isn't that the pro choice argument?'I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't take away someone else's right'?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310700 Sep 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Maybe it's the result of christians inserting their religion into everything, even things that have nothing to do with religion. It's arrogant to demand non-believers to sit through your religious displays.
<quoted text>
None of it is as disturbing as the gay pride parade especially for children.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310701 Sep 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Does it make you feel more 'human' to go around trying to guilt and shame people for exercising their Constitutional rights to self-defense, personal risk assessment, and bodily/medical autonomy?
Really?
Because, trust me - it DOESN'T make you more 'human'...it just makes you more of an asshole.
Getting on here and calling women murderers all day, must be the only sort of self-validation you can muster up...what a pathetic life.
Are you agreeing with her that you are only exercising your constitutional right to kill your unborn baby? And that there should be no shame for doing so?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310702 Sep 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She knows very well that gays and Jews (and Muslims) are harassed and discriminated against every hour of every day....but she thinks that's the inherent right of Christians, and only sees 'persecution' when someone ELSE is doing it. To Christians.
Bleh.
No I see it all but it seems that they are gaining rights. No?
bman

Washington, DC

#310703 Sep 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The church is doing all it can to keep the cover-up going. As for the nuns:
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/...
The vatican has admitted it; maybe you should pay attention. They aren't doing much of anything about it, but they admitted it.
The vatican streamed money out of germany for safekeeping. Moreover, they helped nazi's escape to other places to avoid punishment.
All religions are contemptible in their own way; the subject happens to be the RCC. Who the hell are they to voice a moral imperative when they clearly have neither morals nor ethics?
<quoted text>
Your link of the nuns having abortions is by an atheist, anti- Catholic website with false accusations. If it were NBC or CNN then I would be convinced, but the reporting in the article is totally biased. When did the Vatican help the Nazis? Like I said, they were neutral. You are a complete liar and you have no idea what your talking about because you are being brainwashed by that garbage website. Hitler believed that he was savior and a higher authority figure. Unlike the Church he believed that Jesus was arian. He may have been raised Catholic but he wasn't in line with the Church buddy. You disrespect the millions of Catholics who died in the Holocaust.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310704 Sep 11, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the fifty five million and counting babies that are slaughtered , you keep on forgetting to do that, these little ones are as important as the ones who died twelve years ago.
Incredible. Rose was doing something nice to remember people who died in a heinous terrorist attack and you make it about zygotes. Those people had husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters and siblings, all of whom had no idea that the simple common act of going in to work would end in such mass murder. People faced the choice of jumping off the WTC or dying by fire.

You try to act as if you care so much for those zygotes while showing what a truly stone cold woman you really are, and that all you actually care about is advancing your dogma.

And that ridiculous story about being called names while on the way to church? It was nothing but bullcrap that served no purpose but to make you (yet again) look like a jackass.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310705 Sep 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I only clicked on the first story and that is what it seems like, a story. No names, no corroboration, nothing.
Yet Knut didn't even provide links or anything with her diatribe about you Christians being so persecuted, and with no complaint from you. All we got was her testimonial about being called insulting names while going to church...but you lapped that up, didn't you? You jumped right in to agree with her. I provided links to demonstrate that non-Christians get persecuted and you complain they're not legit.

Do you think atheists don't get persecuted? Is that what you're implying here? Do you think pro-choice people don't get persecuted?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310706 Sep 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How often does that happen? Any other stupid ideas?
I said,
"Okay, so if a woman miscarries on her way to have an abortion, she isn't "guilty"? Would you say God relieved her of the burden of having the induced abortion, but granted her ultimate wish with a natural abortion? "

Of course any challenge you're not up for is "stupid". Par for the course. I never expect an honest answer from you. You might have to think, for a change. Wouldn't want that.

: D

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310707 Sep 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Far from victims.
I mentioned the way that the sectarian culture is winning in this country and others and thereby taking away individual rights. You don't agree and that is clear. I see people willingly giving up their rights more and more everyday in order that evryone be treated equally.
If a vetern wants to fly a flag on his property and the neighbors don't like it he is sued. I a kid goes to school with a T shirt showing Jesus, he is sent home. I think the whole country is a victim of itself.
What rights have YOU had to give up? You aren't allowed to pray? or you aren't allowed to force everyone around you to pray too? Did you bible get confiscated? Do armed militants prevent you from getting into your church for Mass? has your crucifix been forcibly torn from your neck? What have you lost?

A veteran may be sued but the person bringing the suit would probably lose, and he'd have to pay the courts. Does EVERY kid who wears a Jesus shirt get sent home? No. I doubt it. Each school district and each area of the country has it's own standards and rules. A kid in Kansas would probably get sent home for wearing a shirt that promotes atheism or Evolution.

It GOES BOTH WAYS, Ink. You don't seem to want to accept that reality. You want to see yourself as a victim. Go ahead...enjoy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310708 Sep 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak for myself and I don't do that. Isn't that the pro choice argument?'I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't take away someone else's right'?
Yes, but I've seen that you don't mind complaining about what the PC post on here, so being a hypocrite doesn't really count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Igor Trip 236,948
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr shinningelectr0n 1,207,932
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 29,305
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr LaToya 4,983
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Joe Fortuna 201,820
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Mon Lora_14 4
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
More from around the web