Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
290,741 - 290,760 of 305,186 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
I believe that it is the law. You just seem so preoccupied with sex.
The Catholic Church, thankfully, does NOT make the laws in the U.S. How you're getting the idiotic idea that I'm "so preoccupied with sex" is beyond me.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says people can't? Any student can pray at any time. Clearly what you're going on about is that classes don't come to a halt so the Christian children can make a show of praying, so it seems.
You nailed it! That is exactly what they are after, attention, a big show! praying alone a quietly does not produce the attention they are after.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in God and knowing that man lies and
makes up evil, why would you think killing your
baby would save your life?
There are too many predators even doctors that
want to hurt us. We need God and his mercy.
Why do you insist on putting your nose, and your imaginary misogynistic sky daddy in the crotches of women? Why not mind your own doorstep and lather it in prayer while minding your own business. The health and welfare of women/girls will not be compromised due to your silly beliefs.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this infringe on your rights? Some people think it does.
Dr. Brian Lee
Pastor, Christ Reformed Church See All Articles
Subscribe to RSS
Bio
Civil religion is thick in America.“God” is on our money, and in the Pledge of Allegiance, not to mention in the Declaration of Independence. We regularly ask him to bless America at ball games. And every session of the U.S. House and Senate opens with a prayer
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/08/should-we-o...
Stop deflecting.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If a group of students prayed out loud in the classroom before class started that would violate someones civil rights. Yes?
I've already answered this. What is your point?

Again, it's not about being offended. And I don't find prayer offensive. Why would I, when I too pray?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what a 'flagpole event' is.
Then do what people of normal mental capacity do when they are already online, and don't know what something is. Search online for it.

But in the meantime, stop deflecting. You made a claim that religion had been "banished" from schools, and it has not.

You are wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Group prayer where everyone must participate, at a specified time such as the morning, lead by the teacher, no longer exists in public schools. However, anyone at all is free to pray on their own at any time. If people like Ink feel that is not enough then that's just too bad. As you say...pray at home before leaving the house. How difficult is that? School is for education and academics.
Exactly. Even if they aren't required to participate, it doesn't belong where they are a captive audience forced to listen to the prayers of others.

She's moronically trying to prove that religion has been banished from schools when it clearly has not. Just lead prayer has been. As it SHOULD have been. And I'd say the very same thing even about my own religion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you opposed to the House of Congress beginning each session with prayer?
You're deflecting. You know your statement about religion being banished from schools is wrong. We understand.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say required and you know it.
You're suggesting that allowing students time for praying out loud to their respective deities, should be a required part of the public school curriculum .

And you're being ridiculous, again.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it! That is exactly what they are after, attention, a big show! praying alone a quietly does not produce the attention they are after.
Yeah, this seems like such a non-issue. Prayer has to be a public, scheduled, group activity? I don't think so.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Even if they aren't required to participate, it doesn't belong where they are a captive audience forced to listen to the prayers of others.
She's moronically trying to prove that religion has been banished from schools when it clearly has not. Just lead prayer has been. As it SHOULD have been. And I'd say the very same thing even about my own religion.
Banned? I think not. Students can pray or read the bible as time allows, and they can certainly wear their religious jewelry, like crucifixes.

It isn't like teachers are saying, "Hey are you praying? Cut that shit out!!"

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is always so good to talk to you.
I fear what will happen if we ban or remove everything that someone else, who wants to, will find offensive.
Obviously on here, anyone who believes in God is offensive to some others. I hope I don't get banned.
Good evening "Ink!"

That was a nice sentiment. Thank you.
I enjoy talking to you as well, and confess that we don't do so often enough.
This will seem long-winded, but it will eventually tie-in to the rest of what you're saying.
My dad grew up Polish Catholic with a smattering of Ukrainian Orthodox on the L.E.S. in the 40's & 50's. My mom grew up Midwest Methodist in Ohio in the same period. Both of them felt as though they'd had religion crammed down their throats so when they were old enough to get out on their own, they both dropped their religious upbringings like a bad habit. There may be something of the same sentiment in the "hostility" you and some others feel you receive because you happen to "believe in God." Yet there is also the undeniable fact that some posters whom might place themselves in your category are guilty of some of the worst behavioral transgressions on here. While my parents never provided me with a religious upbringing, they also never prevented me from exploring an interest if one occurred--they seldom did, and were usually short-lived. I didn't find an interest in religion again until I was 19 and had finally, successfully made it through Frank Herbert's science fiction classic, "Dune." A story that's suffused with religion, and about how people, orders, and communities can actively manipulate religion, religious beliefs, superstitions, I found myself fascinated in a way I hadn't been before. Knowing that Herbert had based his main character Paul Muad'Dib primarily on two historical figures; Jesus, and T.E. Lawrence, I decided to try to learn as much as I could about them. This is what led me to reading the Bible, the Qur'an, learning about Buddhism, Hinduism, and the one I'd probably subscribe to if I had enough self discipline, Taoism.
I grin slightly because I somehow doubt that you'll find yourself banned; you've never violated Topix TOS that I can recall.
BTW, how's the hand? Did it heal well?

Best as always,
John.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey John-K, I hope all is well with you and your parents.
I agree as well. The thing that fascinates me the most is that the people who scream the loudest that the "other side" is intolerant are just as intolerant in their own opinion. They will never admit that they are acting in the exact same way as they are accusing others of acting.
Hi "Sue," always a pleasure.

Eh, the parents...they have their "good" days, and then they have their "not-so-good" days. Mom's recovered from the surgery so surprisingly well, that now she's starting to feel the pain in her back since the hip pain's lessened so.

Yeah, I'm hard-pressed to disagree. The genuine truth on here though is the fact that practically everyone, from all possible sides, has been guilty of hurling invective from time to time.
I know I sure have--and have done so to "Ink" in the past.
I try to remind myself of my personal "philosophy" if you will which is that: "Those most vocal aren't necessarily representative of the whole, and those with the least to say are usually the most insistent, and strident about saying it..."
It sounds good, but is really easy to forget once ire has been aroused.
"AJ" had a great headline on her avatar at one time; "Think twice, post once."

Good advice...

Best,
John.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/09/news/na...

Adoption also has its pitfalls....
Parents

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>God wants you to take your psych meds.
Amen.
Your abuse has made you retarded.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
http://bangordailynews.com/201 3/09/09/news/nation/adopted-ch ildren-being-abandoned-by-pare nts-over-internet-into-abusive -nightmare-homes/
Adoption also has its pitfalls....
That is horrid ..And as it says,underground.

In most adoptions there is,a process fir making sure THere are legalities followed...
And nowadays there is not the secrecy there was before
A friend if mine adopted a baby open adoption...She was there for support during the pregnancy ...theirs was a great experience .

In my day the parents never met ..no info was given...I gleAned a little bit but was told the parents would raise the child in New York.
He grew up about 30 Miles away ..
Thankfully in a very loving home

This,kind of thing sounds like a sex slavery ring from LO SVU series .

Both if those couples should be in Jail ..IMO.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Sue," always a pleasure.
Eh, the parents...they have their "good" days, and then they have their "not-so-good" days. Mom's recovered from the surgery so surprisingly well, that now she's starting to feel the pain in her back since the hip pain's lessened so.
Yeah, I'm hard-pressed to disagree. The genuine truth on here though is the fact that practically everyone, from all possible sides, has been guilty of hurling invective from time to time.
I know I sure have--and have done so to "Ink" in the past.
I try to remind myself of my personal "philosophy" if you will which is that: "Those most vocal aren't necessarily representative of the whole, and those with the least to say are usually the most insistent, and strident about saying it..."
It sounds good, but is really easy to forget once ire has been aroused.
"AJ" had a great headline on her avatar at one time; "Think twice, post once."
Good advice...
Best,
John.
Hey John K ..glad to hear THEY are on the mend...what a difference
A few weeks makes .

God bless you all.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Question! First a little background:

Have any of you been seeing other ads like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/KEEP-CALM-CHROMOSOME-Sy...

I've seen a few since yesterday. One was a pic of a baby "flipping off" the camera. And the caption above it said something like, "If you have a problem with an extra chromosome, well you can..." And the pic of the baby giving the bird.

So, question is... Just who has a "problem" with a Down's baby/child? And if they had such a problem based on behavior, wouldn't you take it up with the parents, not make all these goofy ads?

What's the point?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Katie wrote:
Question! First a little background:
Have any of you been seeing other ads like this one?
http://www.amazon.com/KEEP-CALM-CHROMOSOME-Sy...
I've seen a few since yesterday. One was a pic of a baby "flipping off" the camera. And the caption above it said something like, "If you have a problem with an extra chromosome, well you can..." And the pic of the baby giving the bird.
So, question is... Just who has a "problem" with a Down's baby/child? And if they had such a problem based on behavior, wouldn't you take it up with the parents, not make all these goofy ads?
What's the point?
Maybe it's a PSA campaign, aimed at reducing ignorance about Down's kids?(Some of the sweetest folks ever to grace the earth, by the way....)

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

"Parents"
Your abuse has made you retarded.

not as much as your religion has you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min la tigre 1,085,024
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 224,740
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 26,759
Charlotte Hornets: Does Josh Davis Deserve a Ro... Thu TJS 1
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jul 30 Robert Z 278
K-State's Stephen Hurt adapting to new surround... Jul 29 Monica 2
loan offer with low interest Jul 28 Pastor james 1
•••
•••