Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,545
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#310588 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He took your ridiculous point to the point of ridiculous. LOL
except it wasn't my point. Lollollol!@@

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310589 Sep 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet why should they? Children "of all religions" can't "worship in their own way" while still at home? Why should time be given at school for that sort of thing?
Do people burst into churches during Mass and demand time be spent learning Evolution or the the Big Bang Theory?
lol. Good and funny point, LNM.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310590 Sep 8, 2013
Appalling. Where does the constitution say women lose domain over their own body when hey get pregnant?
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Bushwa, Pete. Each duploid cell, with its own signature DNA is human. Their definition....remember?
To deliberately create life, with the express purpose of destroying it, is tantamount to premeditated murder....if indeed abortion is murder. JMO
But for some odd reason, IVF is sacrosanct, while abortion is anaethema.
Go figure...spontaneous abortion isn't even worth discussing on a lawmaking scale.......
Unless one is a Senator arguing for prosecution of miscarriage...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/miss...

Indianapolis

#310591 Sep 8, 2013
WTF is a "pennis"?

I've never seen a scoop-shaped penis. But then, I've never seen one shaped like a toothbrush either--but it never stopped a guy from asking for a bj either.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still unnatural and bestial to use your pennis as a pooper scooper. It was made to impregnate, not farm another mans poop shoot.

Indianapolis

#310593 Sep 8, 2013
Those santerian kids are gonna need a lot of time to sacrifice that goat. On the other hand, it'll be nice that atheist kids will get to sleep in a little.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was thinking about the time factor and the school day. I have no problem if children of all religions arrived at school early enough to worship in their own way.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310594 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you opposed to the House of Congress beginning each session with prayer?
Let me put it this way...are we, the taxpayers, paying them to pray or do Government business? Let them pray on their own time.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310595 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't appear that they are using time or money well.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/educati...
And you think praying is a better use of educational time?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310596 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you have the same feelings if it was Woodstock?
Yes.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#310597 Sep 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Good and funny point, LNM.
And true too..ha ha.
Parents

Carlsbad, NM

#310598 Sep 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then why haven't you answered these?
1. When I aborted at 3 weeks due to health issues do you think your opinion/religious beliefs should have been above my decision??
2. The law provides for abortion right here in America. especially to save the mothers life,
so why won't catholic hospitals perform them?
Believing in God and knowing that man lies and
makes up evil, why would you think killing your
baby would save your life?

There are too many predators even doctors that
want to hurt us. We need God and his mercy.
Parents

Carlsbad, NM

#310599 Sep 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Those santerian kids are gonna need a lot of time to sacrifice that goat. On the other hand, it'll be nice that atheist kids will get to sleep in a little.
<quoted text>
Children don't sleep well because
they are bothered. Too much nonsense.
Give them better. It is a new world.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310600 Sep 8, 2013
Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
God wants you to take your psych meds.

Amen.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#310601 Sep 8, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Ink,"
Yeah, you might be somewhat surprised to learn that I completely agree with you on both counts; we're--PC/PL--already so entrenched in our positions, and so passionate about them, that neither side is willing to give so much as a micron anymore--which is the main reason why I don't bring up the subject of abortion much myself.
I also agree with your assessment of our becoming a country "full of offended people." Personally, I happen to find "militant" atheists to be as equally annoying as religious "fundamentalists."
Those folks who bring lawsuits that object to, saying the pledge of allegiance because of the "Under God," or the "In God We Trust," on our currency, or having displays of the "manger scene," or statues that have the Ten Commandments inscribed on them at courthouses...
I feel the same way about folks who're always beating their breasts about the so-called, "War on Christmas," or "Keep Christ in Christmas," or those who work themselves into a frenzy over the issue of gay marriage.
I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out and screaming, "You're getting yourselves all agitated over nothing!"
I also get what you're saying about "intolerance."
The blade cuts both ways doesn't it...?
Hey John-K, I hope all is well with you and your parents.

I agree as well. The thing that fascinates me the most is that the people who scream the loudest that the "other side" is intolerant are just as intolerant in their own opinion. They will never admit that they are acting in the exact same way as they are accusing others of acting.
Ocean56

AOL

#310602 Sep 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
I believe that it is the law. You just seem so preoccupied with sex.
The Catholic Church, thankfully, does NOT make the laws in the U.S. How you're getting the idiotic idea that I'm "so preoccupied with sex" is beyond me.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#310603 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Who says people can't? Any student can pray at any time. Clearly what you're going on about is that classes don't come to a halt so the Christian children can make a show of praying, so it seems.
You nailed it! That is exactly what they are after, attention, a big show! praying alone a quietly does not produce the attention they are after.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#310604 Sep 9, 2013
Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on putting your nose, and your imaginary misogynistic sky daddy in the crotches of women? Why not mind your own doorstep and lather it in prayer while minding your own business. The health and welfare of women/girls will not be compromised due to your silly beliefs.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310605 Sep 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this infringe on your rights? Some people think it does.
Dr. Brian Lee
Pastor, Christ Reformed Church See All Articles
Subscribe to RSS
Bio
Civil religion is thick in America.“God” is on our money, and in the Pledge of Allegiance, not to mention in the Declaration of Independence. We regularly ask him to bless America at ball games. And every session of the U.S. House and Senate opens with a prayer
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/08/should-we-o...
Stop deflecting.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310606 Sep 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If a group of students prayed out loud in the classroom before class started that would violate someones civil rights. Yes?
I've already answered this. What is your point?

Again, it's not about being offended. And I don't find prayer offensive. Why would I, when I too pray?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310607 Sep 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what a 'flagpole event' is.
Then do what people of normal mental capacity do when they are already online, and don't know what something is. Search online for it.

But in the meantime, stop deflecting. You made a claim that religion had been "banished" from schools, and it has not.

You are wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310608 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Group prayer where everyone must participate, at a specified time such as the morning, lead by the teacher, no longer exists in public schools. However, anyone at all is free to pray on their own at any time. If people like Ink feel that is not enough then that's just too bad. As you say...pray at home before leaving the house. How difficult is that? School is for education and academics.
Exactly. Even if they aren't required to participate, it doesn't belong where they are a captive audience forced to listen to the prayers of others.

She's moronically trying to prove that religion has been banished from schools when it clearly has not. Just lead prayer has been. As it SHOULD have been. And I'd say the very same thing even about my own religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Bluestater 1,108,390
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min KiMare 227,301
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 27,333
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 10 Maria 279
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000