Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,560
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310415 Sep 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
By definition, abortion is the termination of a pregnancy so, yes, the location of the fetus is crucial to having an abortion.
Any frozen embryos not used in IVF are discarded, but that is not abortion.
<quoted text>
Wrong.

Abortion means to end the life of a human. Location...in the womb...in the petri dish...in the freezer...is irrelevant. Spontaneous abortion is a natural death. Elective abortion is killing.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310416 Sep 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's not simple, it's simple-minded. Your god isn't even proven to exist, much less proven to give or take life. You can believe what you want, but "common sense" tells me deities are made-up entities.
<quoted text>
Listen here P,you believing in a creator or not doesn't change my point. Even an atheist can comprehend the difference between say... a stranger shooting a man in the heart (causing his death) vs the man dying of natural causes.

Killing vs nautral death.

Yes, a simple concept.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#310417 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
#58 wasn't.
59 was in direct response to 58 so it was only appropriate that 58 be included as part of the discussion. Either way you were wrong. But you lack the character to issue a mea culpa.

Still, like I said, it hadn't been part of the conversation BEFORE I made the statement for days. How is it my responsibility if it went back to it when I wasn't even around?
Who said it was YOUR responsibility? All I said was you don't get to declare when a discussion is over and when people have "moved on". It's obvious you did so because you didn't want to address your obvious contradiction. Which you STILL don't.
It's not a deflection, I've lost interest. You're not here often enough to really have a serious conversation with, and I don't care.
I was here long enough and you apparently cared enough to have a discussion up to and until your position was being shown up for the contradiction it is.
Your question, by the way, has nothing to do with my point, which proves you're not worth bothering with.
Of course it does. You claim his plan, if he exists, includes everything...bad and good, yet also claim that you don't believe that he wants people to behave badly. No one creates a plan that he does not WANT to come to fruition. Yoiu can't have it both ways. If bad is part of his plan then he cannot NOT want it to happen.
Again, you're like a dog with a bone. Are you related to Dic, or Worships Himself?
Don't bother to answer. Even if not, you're obviously just here to get attention, just like those two. If you REALLY had wanted to continue the conversation, you'd have addressed STO's and Rosez's posts on it.
Your MO when you are being shown up for a fool is to either
a) ignore and claim the conversation has moved on...or
b) claim your antagonist is some dog with a bone

My conversation was with YOU. No one else. And your interest in engaging in it was just fine until you were exposed as a phony. Then your interest conveniently disappears.

You lack any semblance of character.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310418 Sep 7, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong.
Abortion means to end the life of a human. Location...in the womb...in the petri dish...in the freezer...is irrelevant. Spontaneous abortion is a natural death. Elective abortion is killing.
You are incorrect. Abortion means the end a pregnancy prior to full term, whether spontaneous or induced, by the removal of the products of conception.

And don't get pissy with me, the words aren't mine.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310419 Sep 7, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
59 was in direct response to 58 so it was only appropriate that 58 be included as part of the discussion. Either way you were wrong. But you lack the character to issue a mea culpa.
<quoted text>
Who said it was YOUR responsibility? All I said was you don't get to declare when a discussion is over and when people have "moved on". It's obvious you did so because you didn't want to address your obvious contradiction. Which you STILL don't.
<quoted text>
I was here long enough and you apparently cared enough to have a discussion up to and until your position was being shown up for the contradiction it is.
<quoted text>
Of course it does. You claim his plan, if he exists, includes everything...bad and good, yet also claim that you don't believe that he wants people to behave badly. No one creates a plan that he does not WANT to come to fruition. Yoiu can't have it both ways. If bad is part of his plan then he cannot NOT want it to happen.
<quoted text>
My conversation was with YOU. No one else. And your interest in engaging in it was just fine until you were exposed as a phony. Then your interest conveniently disappears.
I wasn't wrong, based on what had happens PRIOR to my statement. It HAD moved on at that time.

You ARE like a dog with a bone. Saying so is not foolish at all when it's no more than the truth.

Yes, JUST with me, which proves you don't really care, and are just nitpicking. Which means you're only here for attention (just like Dic and Worships Himself), and are not worth bothering with.

I couldn't care less what you think of me. You're not that important.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310420 Sep 7, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Natural law provides for abortion. So does civil law. Your 'God' is the ultimate abortionist. If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

Next...
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310421 Sep 7, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Picking a random post of yours to share this with you. I saw it this morning from another site and I know you'll find this interesting.
http://www.godvine.com/Aborted-Baby-Survives-...
This young woman's mother had an abortion, but only the young woman's twin was killed...she survived the abortion. She speaks on that topic.
WOW!!!!! Thanks for sharing this amazing story. I just shared it with a few people who are simply shocked.

How sad that the Grandma forced her young daughter to kill her child. At least the saved child was given a chance. Now Mom and daughter have closure. Unfortunately,they both live with the reality that the twin was killed and never given a chance.

Thdre is also another story very similar. A young great inspirational speaker who was a survivor of her mothers abortion. Her brother was aborted. This story unfolded as the girl sensed "someone missing..someone close" and confronted her mom about it until the mom broke down and revealed her hidden truth that her husband didn't even know. The pain was so great for her to admit. Until then of course.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310422 Sep 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adoption is ONE option. Abortion is another. EACH woman decides for herself whether to continue a pregnancy or not. And if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.
As for your last stupid statement, Cpeter also suggested that straight guys use a condom as well as keeping it zipped. Funny how you left the condom option OUT of your so-called "vote," isn't it.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Drowning is another option. Strangling is yet another. Oh, starvation and beatings is another(someone in NY recently did that to keep her "motherhood is optional not required" motto).

The sane mothers gave their child up for adoption. Killing wasn't even thought of.

Hey, go join that forum that I suggested where women like you support killing instead of prevention or adoption. Birds of a feather.......

And PLEASE keep staying pregnancy free.

My last statement was "stupid" you say? LOL umm....you DO realize that it was cpeters words that I agreed with. So, you actually think HE is stupid. UT OHHHHH!

Of course I left out the condom part. I disagree with the use of artificial birth control. I DO agree with not having sex though(when fertile) IF you must avoid pregnancy for a specific situation.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310423 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Abortion means the end a pregnancy prior to full term, whether spontaneous or induced, by the removal of the products of conception.
First of all, I wasn't even talking to you. Secondly, I don't get "pissy"at anything you have to say, especially when you are wrong.

Abort means to end. Whether via IVF discarding of human life or the local abortion mill or in the comfort of your own home....a humans life is deliberately killed. The life process of an individual,unique life is aborted.

Do you always wake up and go to bed so frustrated and angry?. I feel sorry for you even if you chose this path that led to yohr source of misery. Your every post screams "I am a deeply emotional wreck".

:(
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#310424 Sep 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)
GRANT us, O merciful God!
strength against all our weakness;
that we, who celebrate the memory
of the holy mother of God, may by the help
of her intercession, rise again from our
iniquities; through the same Christ, our Lord.
Amen
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310425 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What idiocy you spout, Stupid Sassy. You're trying to compare illegal acts that infringe on someone's civil rights with a legal medical procedure that does not.
Mhm...here's that cry of misery again ^^^^

Angry girl.

Nobody is discussing whether the act is legal or not. My vision was dealing with facts of crimes against humanity and a simple solution for the inevitable.

Stop raining on my parade.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310426 Sep 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>With 'God' you don't get a say in when or which ones he picks to abort, so he gets a pass as your abortionist.
Got it.
There are many reasons why a woman's body might reject a pregnancy.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#310427 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot end a pregnancy. A baby can live out of the womb
if it is fed.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310428 Sep 7, 2013
Pro
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE you do; because according to backward-thinking idiots like you, the ONLY valid purpose of sex is procreation. So (again, according to YOU) if a woman doesn't want children, she should punish herself for denying herself sex for a lifetime.
To put it as bluntly as I can, screw THAT. Thank goodness for the availability of reliable contraception that has the power to keep women, myself included, pregnancy-FREE if we don't want any (or more) kids. For me, pregnancy SUCKED, and these days, I so love NOT being pregnant.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
God thought up the sexual intercourse act for several reasons. First and foremost, for the continuation of the human race. He made it VERY, VERY desirable so that married couples would want to do it. It bonds that couple on many different levels. Contrary to anti-Catholic belief, married couples enjoy frequent sex even when not fertile :)

My lil honey bunches of oats, nobody is "denying" anyone anything. It is just that intelligent women understand that during fertile time, a pregnancy CAN occur. Even the gay man cpeter knows that if you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex(on those days).

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310429 Sep 7, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
GRANT us, O merciful God!
strength against all our weakness;
that we, who celebrate the memory
of the holy mother of God, may by the help
of her intercession, rise again from our
iniquities; through the same Christ, our Lord.
Amen
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 male and female created he them; Mt. 19.4 Mk. 10.6 and blessed them, Gen. 1.27, 28 and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

4 and the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5 and all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

6 And Seth lived a hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

7 and Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

8 and all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Ca-i'nan:

10 and Enos lived after he begat Ca-i'nan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:

11 and all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.

12 And Ca-i'nan lived seventy years, and begat Mahal'aleel:

13 and Ca-i'nan lived after he begat Mahal'aleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:

14 and all the days of Ca-i'nan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

15 And Mahal'aleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:

16 and Mahal'aleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:

17 and all the days of Mahal'aleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.

18 And Jared lived a hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

19 and Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

20 and all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methu'selah:

22 and Enoch walked with God after he begat Methu'selah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

23 and all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

24 and Enoch Heb. 11.5 walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

25 And Methu'selah lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:

26 and Methu'selah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:

27 and all the days of Methu'selah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

28 And Lamech lived a hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

29 and he called his name Noah, 6 saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:

31 and all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

etc..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310430 Sep 7, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I wasn't even talking to you. Secondly, I don't get "pissy"at anything you have to say, especially when you are wrong.
Abort means to end. Whether via IVF discarding of human life or the local abortion mill or in the comfort of your own home....a humans life is deliberately killed. The life process of an individual,unique life is aborted.
Do you always wake up and go to bed so frustrated and angry?. I feel sorry for you even if you chose this path that led to yohr source of misery. Your every post screams "I am a deeply emotional wreck".
:(
LOL, now you're just making up stuff. No surprise there.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310431 Sep 7, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>Mhm...here's that cry of misery again ^^^^
Angry girl.
Nobody is discussing whether the act is legal or not. My vision was dealing with facts of crimes against humanity and a simple solution for the inevitable.
Stop raining on my parade.
LOL, your imagination has run away with you.

There is no anger.

Pity for you and amusement regarding your imaginary nonsense, yes. But no anger or misery.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310432 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, nonsense. I did not such thing.
You are in denial. The fact is that the non-establishment clause of our Constitution INCLUDES freedom FROM religion, just as it does freedom OF religion. The founders were not going by the Puritans version, I assure you. THEY never outlawed the celebration of Christmas, nor did they ever pass laws that said Catholics or non-Christians couldn't hold public office. Quite the contrary, in fact.
You are, quite simply, wrong.
Again for the 1st grader.

The first amendment guaranteed that the government would establih no religion by which everyone would have to adhere. It also guaranteed that people would be free to worship as they like or not worship at all. It would effectively prohibit the Puritans from forcing there ideology on the citizens.

Nowhere did it say that religion would be banished do to offended non belivevers.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights.
wikipedia

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310433 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many reasons why a woman's body might reject a pregnancy.
There are many reasons why a woman's heart, mind, and / or circumstances might reject a pregnancy. But as long as she doesn't pray for her body to reject it, and gestates anyway, you approve.

Pin a cookie on you.

Next...
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310434 Sep 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since sASSy failed to respond, another county was heard from....
<quoted text>
Ink would obviously say that women don't miscarry on their way to abortions...God has no sense of humor Ink's aware of, and answering that question with any degree of introspection, would indicate he was pointing and laughing at her.
Much more important to dismiss the idea, than contemplate it.
Ink's TEDDIBLY fond of her comfort zone.
Having a miscarriage would not change her intent to carry out an abortion. If you believe abortion is wrong, she would still be wrong.

Ianswer all questions whether or not in my comfort zone. I wish others would too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min harmonious 1,109,434
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 min Adds up 200,938
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 37 min Fight On 27,365
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr KiMare 227,416
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••