Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313195 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310510 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Can Christian kids say the Lord's Prayer as a group before class or is it banned?
At the flagpole? Yes. In front of the class, forcing the rest of the class to listen to it? No. And that is not "banishment".

Are you really this STUPIDLY unaware of the prayer at the flagpole phenomenon, or that there are Bible clubs at schools? Seriously, Witless?
Ocean56

AOL

#310511 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
What do you do in life besides being consumed with the need for sex?
MANY other things, Inky, one of which is regularly reminding women that they CAN have sex and still NOT reproduce. Hope that helps.

Whether women decide to be mothers or not, how many children THEY want, ISN'T up to you or the Catholic Church. It's up to each woman to decide that, which I know makes the Catholic hierarchy furious. Tough luck for them. Women who don't ever want kids can use contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy to the best of their ability and abort an unwanted pregnancy in the event their BC fails.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310512 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it doesn't take longer than a short prayer, go for it.
Start school fifteen minutes earlier for whatever makes each child comfortable to start his day.
Each child? Really? Idiot, each child MAY pray if they feel comfortable doing so already, just not out loud where others are forced to listen.

Damn, you're stupid. If the teacher had to take the 15 minutes to make "each child comfortable" with the prayer/ritual of their choice, there goes the school day.

Can't Christian kids get up early to pray at home BEFORE school? Mine did.
Ocean56

AOL

#310513 Sep 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You used part of my post and said it was the point I made, which is completely dishonest. Without BOTH portions, it is no longer my argument--it's yours.
Exactly. Sassy repeatedly -- and of course deliberately -- left out your reference to condoms and only included the part about avoiding sex. She's an expert at being dishonest, the ONLY thing she's an expert at.
Ocean56

AOL

#310514 Sep 8, 2013
The Prince wrote:
It is still unnatural and bestial to use your pennis as a pooper scooper. It was made to impregnate, not farm another mans poop shoot.
Awwwwwwwww, still mad that EACH man or woman decides what sex will be used for, aren't you, Tommy. Too bad. No man or woman has to care WHAT you think.

Reproduction: OPTIONAL, not required.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310515 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Each child? Really? Idiot, each child MAY pray if they feel comfortable doing so already, just not out loud where others are forced to listen.
Damn, you're stupid. If the teacher had to take the 15 minutes to make "each child comfortable" with the prayer/ritual of their choice, there goes the school day.
"Can't Christian kids get up early to pray at home BEFORE school? Mine did."

Excellent point. Why do these children need to wait until they're at school to start praying?

Anyone can pray at any time in the privacy of their own mind, but school time is for learning and academics. Church is for prayer and worship.

A time and place for everything.
1stHALFofTRIB

AOL

#310516 Sep 8, 2013

BIBLE's "Silence in Heaven" ID's RAPTURE timing >

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310517 Sep 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Can't Christian kids get up early to pray at home BEFORE school? Mine did."
Excellent point. Why do these children need to wait until they're at school to start praying?
Anyone can pray at any time in the privacy of their own mind, but school time is for learning and academics. Church is for prayer and worship.
A time and place for everything.
Exactly. Our family did, and still does (whoever's at the house in the am :), get up early to have our daily ritual.

The fact is, these people have a need to be SEEN praying (didn't Jesus say they shouldn't do that, something about hypocrisy?), and to force others to watch. And THAT'S what's been "banished" from the schools. Which pisses them off, that they can't DOMINATE anymore, so they pretend they're being persecuted, and lie about prayer/religion being "removed from schools".
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#310518 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

Because God's supreme law is higher than nine men on the Supreme Court.
"God's supreme law"

Is this on page 1 or 2 of the fundie playbook?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310519 Sep 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that...Ink is allegedly okay with other religions being expressed in schools as long as they fit Christian guidelines for time usage.
And suppose a Muslim said he was fine with Christian prayers as long as they take no longer than Muslim prayers? I'm sure that would go over like a lead balloon.
No I was thinking about the time factor and the school day. I have no problem if children of all religions arrived at school early enough to worship in their own way.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310520 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
At the flagpole? Yes. In front of the class, forcing the rest of the class to listen to it? No. And that is not "banishment".
Are you really this STUPIDLY unaware of the prayer at the flagpole phenomenon, or that there are Bible clubs at schools? Seriously, Witless?
I think that according to the Constitution, you should be allowed to pray anywhere.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310521 Sep 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
MANY other things, Inky, one of which is regularly reminding women that they CAN have sex and still NOT reproduce. Hope that helps.
Whether women decide to be mothers or not, how many children THEY want, ISN'T up to you or the Catholic Church. It's up to each woman to decide that, which I know makes the Catholic hierarchy furious. Tough luck for them. Women who don't ever want kids can use contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy to the best of their ability and abort an unwanted pregnancy in the event their BC fails.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
I believe that it the law. You just seem so preoccupied with sex.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310522 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Start school fifteen minutes earlier for whatever makes each child comfortable to start his day.
Who are you to determine the appropriate length or running time of a prayer??

And if every religion in every school was accommodated with 'prayer time', there wouldn't be any time left for academics.

You're an idiot.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#310523 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. Take care of personal things on your own time. You want your kids to be able to pray in school then send your kids to private schools. Your rights are not being minimalized. Your religion does not MANDATE that one must pray before going to school.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310524 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it just took me 25 seconds to say the Lords prayer, not 15 minutes. I think we could afford a short time for each faith.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#310525 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that it the law. You just seem so preoccupied with sex.
Your belief does not make it law.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310526 Sep 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what....SO DOES MINE.
I refuse to kill a human within me, unless I'm exercising my right to self defense.
Do you get that at all?
How my opinion shapes my behavior?
Here's the deal. "The right thing" and "The wrong thing" ARE SUBJECTIVE. I TRULY believe that I don't have the moral authority to subsume another person's morality into my own.
I'm glad there are laws regulating abortion. I'm crushed that they aren't enforced, in a way that KEEPS abortion safe for women who need it. I refuse to condemn the women for whom I "approve" abortion, to the necessity for seeking it outside the law, by supporting legislation which may prevent them from accessing it. If that makes me a monster, Ink, so be it. I'll not be telling other women not to do what I did. My embryo is just as dead as theirs will be, and they're the ones who are charged with making that decision.
Once you understand that, you may be able to quit smacking others in an attempt to justify your stance. At least, I hope so, for your sake.
Why do you refuse the child within you?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310527 Sep 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What, so you would encourage every child to pray as the spirit moves them, as the leader of a group prayer in every public school, every day? Every class period? Every minute?
Because that's what it would entail, honey. Personally, I think excluding group prayer across the board is more sensible...but maybe you'd LIKE the entire schoolday to be taken up by prayer...
No, just once before they start their studies.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310528 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was thinking about the time factor and the school day. I have no problem if children of all religions arrived at school early enough to worship in their own way.
Pin another cookie on you. I have no problem with kids praying silently all day long, if that's what fries their chicken, but I have a SERIOUS problem with them being required to pray any certain prayer, led by anyone, for any length of time, at a public school. So do most of us, and that's why it's not allowed.

As far as I'm concerned, prayer is personal, not public.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#310529 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your suggestion only seems to take what you want into consideration. Do you have any clue how many times per day Muslims are MANDATED by their religion to pray? Your religion doesn't even mandate prayer, but here you are thinking that your religious freedom is being suffocated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,479,364
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 10,674
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 32,714
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 9 hr Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 11 hr louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,892
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jan 15 Rosa_Winkel 258,461
More from around the web