Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310436 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Again for the 1st grader.
The first amendment guaranteed that the government would establih no religion by which everyone would have to adhere. It also guaranteed that people would be free to worship as they like or not worship at all. It would effectively prohibit the Puritans from forcing there ideology on the citizens.
Nowhere did it say that religion would be banished do to offended non belivevers.
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights.
wikipedia
And by the way, Witless, not allowing a religion to infringe on the freedom of others is NOT "banishment". Sorry, but it's not.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310437 Sep 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There are many reasons why a woman's heart, mind, and / or circumstances might reject a pregnancy. But as long as she doesn't pray for her body to reject it, and gestates anyway, you approve.
Pin a cookie on you.
Next...
You, I think are confusing approval with a strong opinion on a subject like abortion. I firmly believe that an abortion takes the life of another human being and to me that is intrinsically wrong.

It has nothing to do with approval. It isn't my place to approve or disapprove but it is my place to have an opinion on right and wrong.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310438 Sep 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Any person who tithes to the Catholic church believes in, and supports, molesting children.
Nuns get pregnant with regularity. Then they make up stories about why they're sick in the mornings, and then they have abortions, and then they make up MORE stories about why they're suddenly going through more than the normal number of maxi pads.
You're kind of a flame thrower, aren't you?

LOL How many nuns do you know get pregnant regularly?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310439 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, Witless, not allowing a religion to infringe on the freedom of others is NOT "banishment". Sorry, but it's not.
And how does religion infringe on your right to practice paganism?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310440 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"The first amendment guaranteed that the government would establih no religion by which everyone would have to adhere."
Which means, for the dumb girl, freedom FROM a particular religion, right?
"It also guaranteed that people would be free to worship as they like or NOT WORSHIP AT ALL (emphasis mine).
Which would mean freedom FROM all religions, right?
Thank you, for proving my point. LOL, you people are too ridiculous.
The point was, the intent at the time not what it is now. Nobody doubts that you have the right to not paracice a religion but it didn't intend to outlaw any form of religious expression even in public places which is now the challenge of atheists.

I see the nuances are going over your head so I will leave it at that agreeing that you are free 'from' religion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310441 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does religion infringe on your right to practice paganism?
I see you don't understand the non-establishment clause. No surprise there.

Who said that freedom FROM religion equals "banishment" of religion?

I practice my religion, Wicca.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#310442 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, now you're just making up stuff. No surprise there.
"""LOL" """

Nobody is laughing Bitler. Displaying anger, frustration in your every post is not funny. It's sad. Ss much as we disagree on practically everything, I still feel bad when I sense an emotionally frail person. There are a few of you proaborts who exhibit such behavior.

The dark is a scary place to be.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#310443 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ianswer all questions whether or not in my comfort zone. I wish others would too.
Really? Then why haven't you answered these?

1. When I aborted at 3 weeks do to health issues do you think your opinion/religious beliefs should have been above my decision??

2. The law provides for abortion right here in America. especially to save the mothers life,
so why won't catholic hospitals perform them?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310444 Sep 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)
Do you believe that?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310445 Sep 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you don't understand the non-establishment clause. No surprise there.
Who said that freedom FROM religion equals "banishment" of religion?
I practice my religion, Wicca.
We banished it from the schools. They are working on every place else.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310446 Sep 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Ocean56 wrote:
" So (again, according to YOU) if a woman doesn't want children, she should punish herself for denying herself sex for a lifetime."
Sorry, this should have read:
So (again, according to YOU) if a woman doesn't want children, she should punish herself for not wanting kids by denying herself sex for a lifetime.
Apologies for the error.
What do you do in life besides being consumed with the need for sex?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310447 Sep 7, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>"""LOL """"
Nobody is laughing Bitler. Displaying anger, frustration in your every post is not funny. It's sad. Ss much as we disagree on practically everything, I still feel bad when I sense an emotionally frail person. There are a few of you proaborts who exhibit such behavior.
The dark is a scary place to be.
I am laughing, in fact. At your imaginary nonsense. You can't deal with what I've said, and so you lie about me. It's amusing to watch.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310448 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We banished it from the schools. They are working on every place else.
Nonsense. Religion hasn't been banished from schools. Kids may pray any time they like, so long as they don't disturb others. What do you think the prayers around flagpoles, or the Bible Clubs are all about, Witless? They may teach comparative religion classes. The ONLY things that have been banished, are those things that IMPOSE a particular religion on the students. Preaching a religion doesn't belong in the schools, no matter WHAT the religion is. Again, not allowing a religion to impose on the religious freedom of others, is NOT "banishment".

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310449 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You, I think are confusing approval with a strong opinion on a subject like abortion. I firmly believe that an abortion takes the life of another human being and to me that is intrinsically wrong.
It has nothing to do with approval. It isn't my place to approve or disapprove but it is my place to have an opinion on right and wrong.
Of course it is...it isn't, however, your place to decide what steps to take when faced with unwanted pregnancy, unless you are the one who is pregnant.

And don't even TRY to tell me you approve of women seeking abortions, for any reason. Your opinion equates to disapproval.

Nice try though.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310450 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kind of a flame thrower, aren't you?
LOL How many nuns do you know get pregnant regularly?
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#310452 Sep 7, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
59 was in direct response to 58 so it was only appropriate that 58 be included as part of the discussion. Either way you were wrong. But you lack the character to issue a mea culpa.
<quoted text>
Who said it was YOUR responsibility? All I said was you don't get to declare when a discussion is over and when people have "moved on". It's obvious you did so because you didn't want to address your obvious contradiction. Which you STILL don't.
<quoted text>
I was here long enough and you apparently cared enough to have a discussion up to and until your position was being shown up for the contradiction it is.
<quoted text>
Of course it does. You claim his plan, if he exists, includes everything...bad and good, yet also claim that you don't believe that he wants people to behave badly. No one creates a plan that he does not WANT to come to fruition. Yoiu can't have it both ways. If bad is part of his plan then he cannot NOT want it to happen.
<quoted text>
Your MO when you are being shown up for a fool is to either
a) ignore and claim the conversation has moved on...or
b) claim your antagonist is some dog with a bone
My conversation was with YOU. No one else. And your interest in engaging in it was just fine until you were exposed as a phony. Then your interest conveniently disappears.
You lack any semblance of character.
David, you will not get a clear answer from that pagan. she is very deceitful. Know this. they are all militant lesbian proabortionists. It is their paganism that brought about tragedies like the one in Bethlehem Pennsylvania, where a young woman threw her baby in the back of a toilet and went and had a cigarette. They have no problem with that. In their paganism if the unborn child was forced out, or didn't take breath it was her property to do with as she saw fit.

So now we have an epidemic of young women killing their unborn and born babies because pagans like this one say it is OK.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#310453 Sep 7, 2013
"The Prince" whined
David, you will not get a clear answer from that pagan. she is very deceitful. Know this. they are all militant lesbian proabortionists. It is their paganism that brought about tragedies like the one in Bethlehem Pennsylvania, where a young woman threw her baby in the back of a toilet and went and had a cigarette. They have no problem with that. In their paganism if the unborn child was forced out, or didn't take breath it was her property to do with as she saw fit.
So now we have an epidemic of young women killing their unborn and born babies because pagans like this one say it is OK.
could you be anymore of an moron? i'll bet you could,are you mad because you can't get laid?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#310454 Sep 7, 2013
huskerdu wrote:
<quoted text>Public schools admit it happens in schools, Penn State admitted it happened. It happens we do not support molestation of any kind,saying an institution upholds molestation is childish, hatefilled and extemely bigoted.
So you lied when you said the reports of nuns being raped by priests were lies. You're entirely full of crap.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#310455 Sep 7, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
Pro<quoted text> God thought up the sexual intercourse act for several reasons. First and foremost, for the continuation of the human race. He made it VERY, VERY desirable so that married couples would want to do it. It bonds that couple on many different levels. Contrary to anti-Catholic belief, married couples enjoy frequent sex even when not fertile :)
My lil honey bunches of oats, nobody is "denying" anyone anything. It is just that intelligent women understand that during fertile time, a pregnancy CAN occur. Even the gay man cpeter knows that if you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex(on those days).
Spare us your bullcr&p.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310457 Sep 7, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
GRANT us, O merciful God!
strength against all our weakness;
that we, who celebrate the memory
of the holy mother of God, may by the help
of her intercession, rise again from our
iniquities; through the same Christ, our Lord.
Amen
May the Divine spark inhabiting me, give me grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguishthe one from the other. Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking This World as it is, and Trusting that I will make some things right, and get some things wrong. May my Divine spark guide my thoughts and behavior, that I may be helpful to my neighbors, and may be reasonably happy in this life, because I don't expect to experience another one.

So mote it be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DBWriter 1,275,928
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min -Stray Dog 247,390
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 54 min IBdaMann 6,879
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr tom wingo 29,926
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web