Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311189 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310270 Sep 5, 2013
Erwin Rommmell wrote:
Does anyone know of a good steak rub for flank
steak? I've tried using a vinegar based marinade
but would prefer a good dry rub
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar and smoked paprika. That's a basic, add anything else you like.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#310271 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God then we are all just happenstance living for a short time on the planet. Does it really matter what we do or how we live?
Since I do believe in God, I know that I am here in some small way to contribute to His plan. Whether it is someting on a direct and personal level or even if it is indirectly through a family line of someone else.
I think it is important as a wife and mother to set good examples of faith, ethics and morals in business and in my personal life.
If I believed there was no God I probably wouldn't care so much.
You've completely avoided my question. Have you done NOTHING in this life that you would consider meaningful if you discovered there was no god? Would you love your children/husband/parents etc. less?
Ink wrote:
People who only believe that they live, eat and die, to me, are sad.
I guess I'm fortunate enough NOT to know anyone who thinks their only purpose is to live, eat and die. I would find someone like that sad as well.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#310272 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey C ..long time no see.
For a,long time I lived as if there were no God in my life ..though I believed He existed ...
It's hard to explain ..But believing in Him as Lord and Savior. Makes,a huge difference ...we ARE not alone ....we have Him ..:)
Hi Rose. If that makes you comfortable, who am I to judge you. However, I'll ask the same question I aksed Ink, if you found there was no god, would you love your kids less? Would you care about others less? Somehow, I don't think you would. I think you would continue to be a good and kind person -- that doesn't require a belief in god.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310273 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dear God, don't let me be pregnant is just that. She wasn't praying to not be pregnant anymore. She was willing to accept either outcome.
There deffinately is a short end to your depth of understanding of the nature of someone who trusts the Lord.
"There deffinately is a short end to your depth of understanding of the nature of someone who trusts the Lord."

You wrote that to Sue, who, if I'm not mistaken, has trust in the Lord.

Regardless, why is this your default position? Is it so difficult to admit you cannot think outside the box?
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310274 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First I believe that a person who finds peace in death also finds peace in life. If you have found peace at the end of your life, then you are at peace in your death
I remember praying that my mother's suffering would end soon but knowing full well that the time of her death would be His choosing.
So where does this fit in with your thoughts? "I guess the answer is no but it is a stupid premise. Prayerful people don't pray for the demise of another." Seems awfully inconsistent to me.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310275 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she did but not every sexual encounter results in a pregnancy and she prayed that her's didn't. A reasonable hope. She never asked God to rid her of the pregnancy.
I guess you can thank God for anything.
I'll thank god if you can stop pretending I was talking about Rose's personal prayers in the first place. The original subject was a hypothetical woman. Rose took it personally. And here we are.

I stand by what I said: Prayers not to be pregnant, are asking "God" to intervene in the process, whether that means not letting the egg become fertilized, or not letting it implant. Either way, the outcome is the same: NO BABY.

If one shows all the signs of pregnancy, and prays not to be pregnant, effectively one is praying for 'god' to perform an abortion.

He does it all the time, whether he's asked or not.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310276 Sep 5, 2013
Susanmi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on all counts.
I Disagree.
You're Clueless, and completely Nuts.

:)
Ocean56

AOL

#310277 Sep 5, 2013
Erwin Rommmell wrote:
I cannot understand how can a woman's
liberties can mean so much and a life mean so little?
Some women just don't want pregnancy or children, Rommie. Deal with it...or not, since your OPINION doesn't carry any weight in this discussion. Whether YOU approve or not, EACH woman has the right to decide for herself what she will do about a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310278 Sep 5, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>You've completely avoided my question. Have you done NOTHING in this life that you would consider meaningful if you discovered there was no god? Would you love your children/husband/parents etc. less?
<quoted text>I guess I'm fortunate enough NOT to know anyone who thinks their only purpose is to live, eat and die. I would find someone like that sad as well.
I guess. Life goes on no matter what you believe. I think the difference is in coping. Many things that happened in my life could have sent me in an angry, hurt direction seeing myself as a victim. I think that when you only put your faith and trust in imperfect humans, you can be disapointed and damaged if those humans don't live up to their roles as husbands and parents. Having God carry you a little gives you space to rise above human frailties and know that no one can really hurt you unless you let them. If you let Him help, He will take you away from all that and enable you to be warm, loving and productive. Some epople go through life without a thought toward God and do fine but I don't want to.

How does one know what one doesn't know. Since I have never been in that position I don't know.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310279 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You prayed not to be pregnant, Rose. What did you think God was going to do about it?
Obviously nothing since I was already pregnant.

As,I just said ..I also prayed right after that nothing WOUKD happen from it ...

One MORE time really ..this,time ..

I prayed,that something had,not happened ...me,getting pregnant ...period .

Did you ever take,an exam..say I hope I passed,..it is,already done,
If you are a believer you might pray that you passed ..

I knew,this ..if people had sex ..the girl might get pregnant ..I did not know,the exact why or how ..And certainly had no idea about aborting a baby ...it WAS NOT THE NORM..we did not even know what or how ovulation played a part ..You had your period or you didn't

Why is,that so hard to understand ..

Or so important to equate,a,prayer WITH abortion ..it has no relation
Sorry..

And we called the thong in our bellies,BABIES,...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310280 Sep 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"There deffinately is a short end to your depth of understanding of the nature of someone who trusts the Lord."
You wrote that to Sue, who, if I'm not mistaken, has trust in the Lord.
Regardless, why is this your default position? Is it so difficult to admit you cannot think outside the box?
Yes I owe Sue an apology. She was quoting someone else and I read them as her words.

What is outside the box that you think I don't consider? The fact that a woman might not want to be pregnant? I can see that. I was pregnant a couple of times when it wasn't part of my plan. Do I think the answer is to kill the baby, no.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310281 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I never said ROSE was praying for a miscarriage. What I said was, going to god to end a pregnancy, has the same intent as going to a physician to end a pregnancy.
The venue is different - the outcome is often the same.
If she hadn't been pregnant, I'm guessing she would have thanked god for that, too.
YES I would HAve ..

And what signs of pregnancy ???

The only pregnant women I'd seen were big ..I was, late,..considering the,stress I was under ..Not s surprising ...which I know,now but didn't know then..I wasn't sick until later by which time I had missed two periods ..And told my mom ...then finally got in to see the OB who c confirmed it .

Folks..You guys HAVE no idea how ignorant most women..let alone teens were ...And no concept that such a thing was even possible ..

I can't help you there,...wasn't so long before that..when women didn't go out in public if they were,pregnant ...Lucy Was a real pioneers ...as they showed her pregnant on tv ..!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310282 Sep 5, 2013

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

Pot meet Kettle

United States

#310283 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First I believe that a person who finds peace in death also finds peace in life. If you have found peace at the end of your life, then you are at peace in your death
I remember praying that my mother's suffering would end soon but knowing full well that the time of her death would be His choosing.
Suelo cascarme una pajita antes de dormir.

Cono!!
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#310284 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't go to God to end a pregnancy. She went to God to not start a pregnancy.
If she hadn't been pregnant she probably would have thanked God in the moment but it looks like she has been thanking Him everyday of her life because she was.
Manoteame pijo!!

Quisieras mamarmelo??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310285 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously nothing since I was already pregnant.,...
I didn't ask what he DID about it, I asked what you were hoping for...which, obviously, was not to have gotten pregnant.
Look, Rose...I didn't intend for my curiosity on the question of whether or not a woman who prays not to be pregnant, when she knows she already is, has prayed for a miscarriage or an abortion, to be a stick with which to beat you over the head.

The question wasn't "Did YOU pray for a miscarriage?"
It was "Is prayer for God's intervention in a pregnancy, tantamount to seeking an abortion?"

You took it personally, and I wondered why, if you so strongly believe that you weren't praying for a miscarriage. Because it seems to me you could have just answered 'no'.

Instead, you've spent pages of the thread professing that YOU PERSONALLY weren't praying for a miscarriage. I believe you.

Now my question is, however, "Do YOU still believe you?"

Because this endless protestation indicates it's not ME you're trying to convince.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is,that so hard to understand ..
Because I strongly believe that there are women out there who DO pray for a miscarriage, and that some of them thank 'god', when they have one. That's why.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310286 Sep 5, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? do you have a racist black related joke you're dying to use ?
had you been following along you would have seen that i used multiple ethnicities in my analogy, specifically to discourage you from employing the deflection you are using right now.
now back to the question....is it a bigotted statement or is it not?
WR"...had you been following along you would have seen that i used multiple ethnicities in my analogy..."

No, you did not....

WR..."if an admitted murderer posted on this site and someone had asked, without having any clue as to the identity of the poster, "who invited the black person on this site?" --- is that or is it not a bigotted statement?"

And no, it is not.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310287 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask what he DID about it, I asked what you were hoping for...which, obviously, was not to have gotten pregnant.
Look, Rose...I didn't intend for my curiosity on the question of whether or not a woman who prays not to be pregnant, when she knows she already is, has prayed for a miscarriage or an abortion, to be a stick with which to beat you over the head.
It was "Is prayer for God's intervention in a pregnancy, tantamount to seeking an abortion?"
You took it personally, and I wondered why, if you so strongly believe that you weren't praying for a miscarriage. Because it seems to me you could have just answered 'no'.
Instead, you've spent pages of the thread professing that YOU PERSONALLY weren't praying for a miscarriage. I believe you.
Because this endless protestation indicates it's not ME you're trying to convince.
<quoted text>Because I strongly believe that there are women out there who DO pray for a miscarriage, and that some of them thank 'god', when they have one. That's why.
And,I tried to go in the third person yesterday ..look back ..I was trying to get this thought through .
To all of you .

I believe abortion is killing a life God created ..most believers,do also ...so in order for s believer to pray for God to kill her baby it would be against His,commandment DO NOT KILL.

there might be someone who Would do that I DON'T KNOW,everyone ..But yo pray and expect Him to do it Would be foolish ..But foolish people do foolish things .

I really do not believe she would ask God to kill her baby if she believed ...And,I'm quite sure God is not going to kill a baby because
A,woman does,not want to be pregnant ..since He already formed the child in her womb...so again foolish request ..

Best answer I can give you ...
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310289 Sep 5, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
We've become an acceptable "throw away" society. The people who support killing as choice today, join those in the past who thought and acted the very same. They're mad crazy barbarians. Evil begets evil.

THIS is the world our children are growing up in. NO respect for human life. How sad :(
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310290 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask what he DID about it, I asked what you were hoping for...which, obviously, was not to have gotten pregnant.
<quoted text>Because I strongly believe that there are women out there who DO pray for a miscarriage, and that some of them thank 'god', when they have one. That's why.
A woman who misses her period most likely assumes that she is pregnant(if she had sex of course). She may pray that she is just late and not pregnant. If she is pregnant, then she knows that God willed that conception despite her wishes that she wasn't. A woman of God wouldn't pray to God to have her miscarry unless, most likely, if she was raped and was in distress.

A natural death(miscarriage) is in no way comparable to a sharp instrument going in and ripping her baby to death, piece by piece.

God doesn't consult us in his creations. We co-operate in his plan when we have sex. Nobody is conceived by accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,383,255
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 32,267
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr NightSerf 255,295
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 24 IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 22 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web